Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Pirate and a Minotaur walk into a bar [hiddenblade, M](Closed)

Started by Pirostyle, September 03, 2014, 10:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirostyle

Adela had a few very good bars near the ports; nothing helped a tough deal along like a few glasses to help unwind pockets. A fair sized ship was one of the few nearby that evening. Part of its crew had stepped down to share drinks at a bar called "The Traveler's Trade". A few mages and a sailor shared drinks and jokes at a table, while their captain sat at the bar.

The woman had been taking her time with her first drink, not wanting to rush into her tipsy. Her crew drank and kept themselves entertained for a while, keeping to themselves. After a few more sips, the woman finished her first drink and put some coins on the bar, before stepping towards the door to get some fresh air and see if any new ships had come along yet.

Her outfit looked like a mix of cloth and leather materials. The sleeves were missing to allow better arm movement, a tattoo of forest-green ink showed on her right shoulder and seemed to extend to her back. Her hips were wider than most girls her height, but the bottom half of her outfit kept them contained easily.

thehiddenbeast13

A large man began looking through the crowd with nothing but a small map in his hands. His large ax and sword were sheathed at his large, broad back and shoulders. He found a bar called "The traveler's trade" it seemed to interest the man so he followed his small map to this odd bar. Once he finally reached the bar he accidentally bumped into and stepped on a woman in odd pirate's clothing, but walked straight on inside. It seemed as If he hadn't noticed her at all as he walked straight inside without a care in the world.

Once he was in the bar he saw that most of the barside was taken up, but found a small stool at the end of the bar. The large man sat down on the stool and almost collapsed it on his own weight. He began to talk with the bar keep and started to share jokes and stories with the bar keep. He then banged his fist and snorted like a large animal.  The bar keep joined in on his laughter. They both finally stopped laughing when the large man ordered his drink. The bar keep quickly handed him a drink, and the large man threw his massive feet directly onto the table top. He didn't have a care in the world and wasn't about to let that go easily.

Pirostyle

Gwendolyn went to step outside, but didn't notice a large man turn the corner until the last second. She bounced off the massive traveler, and managed to catch herself by grabbing onto a table before she fell off of her feet. If that had happened a few drinks later, she might have landed flat on her big behind. The woman stood back up and regained her balance; her eyes turned to the map in his hand. It didn't seem like he had done that on purpose, but rather he was lost in the map.

The pirate wandered back over to the bar to retake her seat nearby. She was used to bumping small things with her hips by accident, but it had been a while since she bounced off of anything like that. She requested another strong drink as she looked up at the tall bar-patron.

Gwendolyn decided it wasn't worth bringing up, fighting over bumping elbows was such a petty thing to her. After a moment of examining the man, and the heavy-looking axe at his back, she knew the man obviously had considerable strength. She decided to be friendly, tonight was for celebrating another successful trade after all.

"Welcome to Ketra, stranger. It isn't too often we get such powerful looking folk at this bar, where you heading?"

thehiddenbeast13

The man laughed a little more with the bar keeper and turned around to look at a woman asking where he came from. He chuckled a little and boomed,
"I'm kurbur."
His voice seemed calm, but his loud voice boomed along the bar like canon fire. When he heard the girl say where was he planning on going he said,
"I don't really know where to go...I guess I'll stay in this place for a while.."
He put his feet off of the table and murmured to himself,
"Let's see how long it takes before this damn place turns into a shit hole."
He chuckled to himself and turned to the girl with golden eyes and said,
"And how about you?...Where are you comin' from.."

He started to relax again and ordered another drink. There were now three large glasses next to him, two out of three were empty. He still seemed completely sober and not out of it at all. He kept chuckling a little to himself and said,
"Well judgin' by this whole get up ya got goin' on thar you must've been on the seas..."

Pirostyle

Gwendolyn took her second drink from the bartender, quickly finishing it while Kurbur muttered something. She looked back up at him, ordering another drink. "I'm Gwendolyn. Nice to meet you." She put a few coins on the table for her drinks, working on her third.

"Yup, my crew and I are pirates, traders, mages and warriors. We trade goods from nation to nation, and take out raiders and savages off these mighty seas. We're pirate pirates." She took another big swig of her drink, enjoying the conversation. "We came from Essyrn, and next we'll be heading to Connlaoth."

The four crew members that had been sitting nearby left some coins on the table and left back towards the ship. A few moments later, a different group returned to order drinks. The crew were taking turns to come out and drink and watch the ship.

"It takes a strong hand to use an axe of that size and quality. So I can guess that you're exceptionally strong. Any stories?"

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur took his large axe off of his side and swung it round as if it was nothing more than a small hatchet. He said,
"Well...It depends on how you see it...To me it's a light as a feather, but I guess for someone like you it'd probably slam you down."
He laughed a little at his own thought and said.
"Well Gwendolyn I really don't have many 'excitin' stories from my travels...Knocked a couple of heads off...Takin' care of a few things...Knockin' the crap out of some damn lizards and dragons.."
To many people these were exciting, but to Kurbur it was like a average day for him.

He laughed again and said,
"I bet bein' in the sea all the time must be pretty new thing for you..."
He swung his large boats that almost looked like a pair of bull hooves onto the table and put his hands behind his head like a cushion. He ordered yet another drink and grabbed the large glass and drank it down in one clean chug. He then said to himself,
"Ah....These drinks are good, but can't get a fellow tipsy..."

Pirostyle

Gwen finished her third drink, trying to keep up with the mighty drinker. "Well, size is an important factor in a fight. The fact that you can wield such a weapon with ease just gives you another advantage. With power like yours, you could easily make it up to the great ranks with other legendary warriors." She took a good look at the axe, admiring the blade. Her eye for metal work came from a minor talent in blacksmithing.

She took a moment to listen to his comment about the drinks, smiling as she thought of something.

"Well, if you'd like to try, we have a keg or two of the good stuff from Connlaoth. Strong stuff, we  normally use it for bets to see who can stay on their feet longer after one glass. I'd be happy to offer you a glass."

thehiddenbeast13

The large man began to laugh and said,
"Alright...let's see how strong it is.."
He paid for another large drink and chugged it down with one loud slurp. the man threw himself up with a massive stomp that sounded like large hooves clashing on the ground. The man stood up tall and said,
"Well what are we waiting for...I heard that crap is strong as hell!"
He laughed a little and stomped on the ground once more like a large bull.

He turned to Gwen and looked a little impatient. He couldn't help but smile at the thought of a stronger brand than what he was used to. He laughed again and said,
"Let's see who can go longer without passing out."

Pirostyle

Gwendolyn stood up from her chair, excited. "Very well, I'll tell my crew to pull the barrel out and we'll have a drinking contest out here." She walked outside and up the ramp to her ship. After talking to a few members of the crew, they cheered with excitement and went down to get one of the kegs from the storage.

It wasn't long before the large barrel was bought up, and towards the bar. With a few borrowed glasses, the strong smelling ale was poured and set up at a table for the two drinkers.

"I know I'll at least be able to drink down a few of these. After that we'll just have to see."

thehiddenbeast13

without thinking he grabbed a few glasses and began to drink them down as if it was nothing. After his fifth drink he stood up a little and began to stumble around. He said,
"I....I got five....What'd you got?"
He laughed and continued to stumble around until he was able to catch himself and stand up right. He finally laughed and almost fell over and said,
"This....This is going to be....fun..."
He almost stumbled over and grabbed his sixth glass and choked back half of his glass with a bit of a laugh.

Pirostyle

Gwendolyn glared down her glasses and started to drink them down. The first two were gone easily, but the third was a bit slower. The fourth took her much longer, and by the fifth she had to take a breath between each gulp. Such a powerful drink didn't take long to hit; it was much stronger than what she had started off with earlier in the night. With a few more big gulps, the pirate finished off her fifth glass and put it back down on the table.

Her top half leaned left and right in the seat as the dizziness sunk in. Her hand held onto the table as she tried to steady herself, reaching for the sixth with a shaky hand. "It really has been a while since I pulled this stuff out for a drinking contest... feels like the bar is at the mercy of the waves."

A couple of the girls snickered a bit, it was always entertaining for them to see their mighty captain tipsy.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur grabbed his seventh drink and quickly chugged it. It was starting to hurt when he drank, but it didn't stop him from grabbing Gwen's sixth glass and chugging it down. He stumbled around like a bull with no thoughts. He kept swerving and weaving around the bar until he almost fell over on his large legs as if they were hooves. He kept laughing and in his drunken mind he said without a second thought,
"Normally...For a person like you this is a bit much, but for a Minotaur like me...No problem.."

Pirostyle

Gwendolyn blinked for a moment, thinking her glass had vanished, only to look up and see that her drinking partner had grabbed it. She was losing 5 to 8. After some wobbling, she stood up and made her way over to the man. "Yoooooooou...think you'rrrre...so cool cussss you can take three more drinks than thissss pirate..."

The pirate struggled to stand up right and walk without falling over. She wanted, above anything, to maintain her dignity during a drinking contest.

"I don't think youuuuu... could drink 8 drinks without your...stupid...sexy...muscles... and your minotaur...axe..." The woman poked his arm weakly, trying to act like she was still in control of the situation.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur pushed Gwen away and said,
"don't....Don't touch me...Mather facker...."
He stumbled over and snorted like a bull about to charge. He pushed her further away and said,
"Yoooooouuuu......Yyyouu think your...Better than mmeeee?"
He took a few steps forward without stumbling and said,
"Even if I wasn't a....A Minotaur....I'd still kick your....Arse..."

Pirostyle

The crew mates stepped out of the way, not wanting to get between the two if they did have a fight. One of them tried to help Gwendolyn stand; she didn't want them to fight if she could help it.

Gwendolyn reached for another glass, chugging it down slowly. "I rarely... get beat in a drinking contessss..." She wobbled a bit more before grabbing hold of a chair and pointing her crew member out of the way. The pirate didn't want others getting involved in fights she picked. "One day I'mma...out drink a minotaur..."

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur managed to choke back one last drink before he threw the glass on the ground and boomed,
"Looks like the all mighty captain has failed at last!"
He raised both of his furry arms up in triumph. Although he was still in his human form he could help but stomp on the ground multiple times on the ground like a large animal. He kept laughing and stomping and finally boomed,
"A victory round is in order!"
He drank one last glass and threw that glass onto the ground and kept stomping and roaring in victory of what he had finally accomplished.

Pirostyle

Gwendolyn was forced to sit down as she caught her breath. One of the other pirates got her some water and made sure she stayed upright in her chair. She dizzily reached for her pouch, pulling out some silver coins to pay the bartender for the broken glasses.

The other crew mates started cleaning up the mess, entertained by their captain's drunk ramblings about the minotaur's victory and muscles. "Damn... cute muscles... 6 glasses againsss 9..." She sat there for a while longer, recovering from the drinking.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur started to laugh as the crew tried to pick up the man with his stool. With the crew inside they were barely able to get him two feet off the ground. He laughed as the brought him over to Gwen as he yelled,
"Oui Gwen!....My....My muscles....are cute...Pow!" He yelled as he flexed his arms to show off his muscles even more.

Pirostyle

Gwendolyn tried to hide her face, unsure if the blushing was coming from staring at his muscles or the drinking. "Meh... it's just cause you're so big and tall and... minotaurish... you and your big bull muscles. I'll beat youuuuuu... next time..."

She still wobbled a bit more as she tried to stand up and seem sober-er.

thehiddenbeast13

The crew had finally collapsed under Kurbur's weight and he quickly got off. Due to his drunkenness his magic that allows him to maintain a human form began to wear off due to it. His large bull tail swung out from his pants almost like a large whip. He snorted like a bull again and said,
"Well...it's not my fault I travel around so much..."
He laughed and seemed to slowly get sober. The tail swung around again and he kept chuckling. He said,
"What? do you like them?"
He could catch a small blush along Gwen's face and kept his chuckle up.