Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonds and Chains (M)

Started by visualspice, January 04, 2013, 05:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"My role in the nation at the time was insignificant. I was but a child," Diasus said, peering up from the ground back to Oberin. "My parents... from what I can remember, served as hunters." And after a moment of studying the pair, he looked back at Oberin. "And Su-lahna, I remember her, only because she was a priestess my family had been seeing." And though he smiled, he kept his comment to himself as to why he remembered her. She was beautiful, after all, but he knew these two were mates- and that, in itself, made things quite awkward.
"But you... I do not know who you were. Were you.. apart of the nation as well?" And he peered curiously over at Oberin, evidently fighting back some tears of his own over this whole thing.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Oberin smirked at Diasus.  "I was.  My father was a priest and my mother.  Well, I don't really remember my mother.  Except that she was half human.  I lost my wings to their kind, had them ripped off as a boy and I never learned to fly again.  Then the Fall came and I watched my father butchered before my very eyes."  And his smile turned cold.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Diasus frowned at such a revelation.
"So many were butchered that day," he said softly. "It was a shock to me how I survived, but it seems my prayers had been received, though surviving such a fate, then finding myself in a cage... I know most would not be happy for it, but I felt blessed to be alive. And now that I am free... I.. I feel doubly blessed, triply so to find two of my own, right here before me!" ANd realizing his voice had risen too high, he cringed and lowered it.
"That is to say, even I had lost fate from time to time. But, as it was said, prayers can go a long way." Ad he smiled over at Su-lahna, who smiled back at him.

"Aye. The Goddess works in mysterious ways."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Oberin's expression grew bitter and he scowled at Diasus.  "What did the goddess do for you that was so great and powerful?  She didn't get us out of there.  I did!  Me!  I saved your sorry ass so if there's anyone you should be thanking, it's me.  If I had any spite to spare on you, I'd scorch you until your toes fell off, you ungrateful worm.  And if you want to stay alive, you should quickly learn to follow your own instincts and wit."

He could've burned off Diasus face with the acid in his tone, but the other Twilith seemed to understand his meaning, if a little taken aback by it and he nodded.  "Look...I'm...sorry if I'm a little testy," Oberin quickly added, his voice much softer.  "We did just get out of a harrowing experience, and we still have a ways to go before we are truly safe.  We have to get moving soon.  Let me know when you're well enough to travel."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Su-lahna would have told him to back off, but it seems he did it himself. Diasus had grown quiet anyhow beneath Oberin's scorn towards their goddess as he simply nodded.

"Yes... we should move as quickly as we can." Su-lahna nervously bit her lips. "We could try to move now..." Even if their travel would be limited, it was better to keep moving than remain idle- after all, Marter could be hot on their trail.

Lion

[Marter got like impaled or stabbed, don't forget.  If he's alive, he won't be moving for a while]

Oberin nodded to Su-lahna, for her own interruption of their discussion and stood up.  He helped Diasus get to his feet as well, though he would have rather have left the foolish Twilith behind.  He kept Su-lahna beside him and moved once again through the forest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Oh that's right looooool
but you never know- ZOMBIE Marter could show up 8D
-------

Their travel was quiet as the trio moved along, the only noise being that of the forest animals chirping and the leaves rustling all around them. It would be a good hour or so before any one talked, and it was Su-lahna who spoke first as the pair of them were finishing a trek up a steep hillside.

"We should decide on a place we'd like to go, once we figure out where we are. I say we keep moving as much as we can... Just... just in case..."

Diasus blinked and looked up.

"Do you think it's even possible either of.. of them could follow us now?"
It seemed bewildering, but Su-lahna couldn't help but shake this feeling, and she turned from Diasus and glanced at the ground.

"Marter could be dead but I.... I can't help but feel as if we're still being followed.. being watched." She glanced all around them before sighing and turning her focus back to the two male twiliths with her. "Perhaps I'm just paranoid, but that's how I feel."

Lion

Oberin turned to Su-lahna and traded glances with Diasus.  A destination, right.  That was the whole purpose of this troublesome venture wasn't it?  Oberin turned to Su-lahna.  "Do you know a place sacred for our kind?  A place where only we may reside?  Where we can be safe from all our pursuers?  You were a priestess, weren't you?  If anyone should know, it's you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"What was.left.was.destroyed," she went on with a frown. "Unless..." But the idea to seek out the tree still had her uncertain.

Lion

"Unless what?" he asked, pressing a little.  "We need somewhere where we can rest.  I mean lay down our troubles and recuperate.  Look at Diasus.  He's not going to get far in his condition and neither will you or I.  We need sanctuary."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes.... sanctuary..." she said after a time, her eyes going down to her feet.
"I... I might know of a place. But I can not say how long it would take for us to get there... or if it even still exists."

Lion

"Where is it?" Oberin asked steadily.  "This sanctuary.  Now is not the time for any doubt."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

With a sigh, she looked up at Oberin.
"It changes places and can not rest. The stars at night can guide us."

At this, Diasus perked up.
"The sanctuary of Stars?" he questioned.

Su-lahna merely nodded.
"Yes... it's the only place that I know for sure is blessed, and is a sanctuary for our kind. But it will be no easy task to find it. The tree it.... might not take kindly to those without... pure blood."

Lion

"I don't care.  Take us there.  What other options do we have?  Everywhere we run, we are hunted.  With no help in sight.  We can't trust anyone, Su-lahna.  This is our only hope.  What good is sanctuary if we cannot use it?" he asked, eyes desperate.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Knowing he was right, she nodded.
"You're right. Let's wait until we can read the stars of a clear night sky. Only then can our journey begin."

Lion

"We'll need a place to hide until then," Oberin muttered and yanked Diasus along with him as they pushed further through the forest.  He was growing more and more desperate and though Su-lahna had agreed to take them there, it could not come fast enough.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn