Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

Oh hey! I forgot about our thread over my exam weeks, but I'll reply with Fade soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

visualspice

@Elekta Kount @Viscount Rhi-Rhi
Since it's been asked more than once, technology currently in connlaoth would reflect around the time wheellocks would have been invented- which was approximately around the early 1500s. So cannons and the like would reflect that. There can be some leeway, as we're pretty flexible, but this should give everyone a good basis around the details of technology and what's acceptable.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Alright, I will present to you a battery detail as soon as possible for you to review.

I'll post it here for you to look at once I am done.

Magyar

Is it possible for a thread between Gwynne, my own character, and Hakon Kilandre, Aevum's, wherein the both of them are engaged in combat in year five?

The circumstances would be in Falkenrath, just on the shores of Athervaan Lake, against a mage group fleeing south. The group would be intending to catch a boat on Athervaan, and ride the river south, out of Connloath in an effort to flee the kingdom. A loyalist among the crew would tip off the mordecai in the area, among those being the aforementioned characters above. They go to squash some mages, build some personal history, and if we need any loose ends tied (i.e. a character who's stopped being played, a mage presumed missing or dead, etc) that can be a bonus. The thread itself is solely for building a relationship between the two characters, as Gwynne is a part of Kilandre's group, Ansgar's Hand, but as of yet has had little in thread communication with her.

@AevumEternity @Spicyspice

lonewolfwarrior

Am new to the site, and am thinking of joining the civil war story line, as  human mercenary sell sword.still working on how to create him so please bear with me

Kingfisher

Last time I was here I was nervous about getting Joshua in on this but now I think I want to go ahead with him.  Not sure if I want him to seek out the resistance but maybe get roped in and start building weapons, armor and tools for them...Though since Looshi is retired, I'm not sure how said resistance is being handled (if at all).

Michael might be able to get involved as well.  While unwilling to take an official stance, he could be hired to fight for the rebels in any true battles.

Wrecktalski

Hello, I literally joined a few hours ago, hoping this is still accessible, I know this might be a bit too much, but since my only character has just migrated from the North, would it be a legal move to have him join a side as a mercenary fighter for gold and glory?

visualspice

Just a reminder to all I'm still on hiatus but hoping to get back into rping once life becomes bearable!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GreekFries

Henry Richardson
Is very worried what this war will mean to his farm, and if he will be drafted. He hopes this war does not come to his farm, and is willing to take up arms against anyone who touches it.

Chained Divinity

So hey, I made these guys with backstories pretty much tailored to the civil war stuff. Anyone have an idea where I could put them?

visualspice

I haven't posted in a good long while but hoping to change that here soon! Myonly internet is my phone so I'll try my best to plot from here until I get my computer up and running.

In the meantime, plots? Yes?

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Ahh! You're back!

I have a bunch of characters in Connlaoth I can throw your way! Are there any plots or character types in particular you're looking for?

DragonSong

Oh my goodness hi!! It's so good to hear from you! ^.^

If the civil war is getting up and running again, I think I'd have a few characters I could nudge in that general direction :)

Was there anything specific you were thinking for getting started?

visualspice

I will be posting more in the next week or so. Should have more free time then and my computer will be set up

Kingfisher

Good to have you back, Spice.

So, for the record, I've made some changes to my roster of Connlaothians since my last post...

Joshua Fisher is a professional gunsmith and secret fire mage who might be convinced to support any resistance movements (he is the primary supplier of arquebuses to the AshGuard)

Alexis Mandel and Michael Wolfram are both leaders of a mercenary regiment called the Ash Guard.  It's not a guild so much as a personal resource I may be inclined to share with the war effort; they were originally loosely inspired by German Landsknecht though I'm leaning more toward a gun-focused structure now...  Either way, I'm looking to get them aligned against the Grand Duke, which should not be too difficult with the right offer (not sure what that should be yet).

visualspice

I'm hoping to do some posts this week so yaaaay. In other words, stay tuned for more.

visualspice

I'm going to start reviewing the current Connlaothian duchy pages and try to get an update on them , but I wanted to get a head count to see who is still active and wants their duckies. Ahjfeld, for now, will remain in chaos and leaderless.
Duchy links are here:
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16377.msg177986#msg177986

GoblinFae

I'm still contending with you for Hellvion (IC'ly that is)
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Lion

I still have Falkenrath with Roland, and Bellkrath with Mercuxio.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown