Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Are You Not Entertained {DragonSong!}

Started by HeartOfFlame, October 12, 2018, 05:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeartOfFlame

Ezry sighed softly, continuing with her work and closing up the wound before setting the needle and thread to the side. "I know it may not seem like it but, we have a good life here. Master Hassir is a good man, he looks after us all well. If you could please try to let him show you that..."

She reached for the bandages, patting the stitched gash with a different, sweeter smelling oil before proceeding to wrap it. She seemed sincere in her words, honestly wishing for the gladiator to play nice with the other kids, but was also clearly subservient to her master and his whims.

DragonSong

Nathara didn't even bother to respond to that. She'd dealt with enough slaves who were either born into servitude or simply resigned to their fates since her time in Essyrn. She knew that nothing she could say would make any difference.

"What am I to do when you've finished?" she asked listlessly.

HeartOfFlame

"I will take you to the gladiators' quarters." Ezry answered, almost immediately. She seemed to have accepted that, no matter what she said, Nathara would go her own way. "Master Eleodoro will make sure you are comfortable."

Her works done, the woman leaned back and collected her things back into the basket, leaving only the sweet smelling oil, scraping tool, and fresh clothes out on the rug. Standing, she pulled her basket to her hip and took a step back, giving the gladiator room.

"Please take your time; I will be just outside."

DragonSong

"Mm." Nathara watched her go, then quickly changed her clothes, gathering Shakah up again so the cobra could drape lazily around her shoulders.

"I'm ready, Ezry," she sighed, stepping out after the other slave. She stroked her friend's head absently. Honestly it was a little uncomfortable to be in clothes that weren't hers-- although she supposed nothing was hers, not really, not here.

HeartOfFlame

Ezry did not speak again, merely nodding as the Gladiator stepped out and turning away, basket still held to hip. She led the way back down from the stand she and into the darker tunnels once more, working through the maze of passages with ease. After several long, silent minutes, broken only by the crunch of gravel underfoot, they emerged in a long, wide chambers that stretched nearly as far as a third of the length of then arena above. Slots in the walls walls, wide enough to fit a an arm through nothing more, let light through into the chamber and dance do on the sand grains that littered the floor, no doubt dragged in on boots and clothing after matches.

The chamber was decorated sparsely, but not unwell. Mats and cushions, in good condition if a little threadbare in places, dotted the floor on one side of the doorway, with a few futons laid out along the same wall, while the opposite side of the room held various forms of training dummies. It was clearly a Gladiator space, training weapons and gear littered in an organised kind of chaos, and Ezry beckoned her forwards with a silent arm.

Almost immediately upon her entering, the tall form of a man sitting near one of the closest futons would meet her eyes, bent down over a leather chestplate, oblivious to the world. 

DragonSong

Nathara simply followed where she was led sedately, only speaking up when they seemed to have reached their destination.

"What am I to do now?" she asked blandly, glancing around the space and blinking laconically.