Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

With A Good Compromise, No One Is Happy [spice!]

Started by DragonSong, April 30, 2021, 05:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

He thought about arguing the point, but after a moment backed down with a sigh.

"Alright. Just... You know where to find me."

Unsure what else, if anything, he could do, he turned to leave her to her thoughts.

visualspice

Gavriella waited a long moment, torn between returning to the parlor or considering the alternative- childishly leaving with one of the horses. She could see the stable now, her feet carrying her towards the door where she hesitated before turning the knob to open it with a slow creak.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Reina, Mikhail, and Andreas all wound up back at the parlor at roughly the same time, though none of the three seemed to be particularly happy about it. The two young men barely even looked at each other, which left Reina rolling her eyes and forced to play something of a mediator as she swept back into the room and took a seat beside her mother.

visualspice

She wouldn't sit idly by while her parents married her off to foreigners! She'd be shipped away, this live as another's pawn to a life of Serenian nobility... but she decided No. She would remain here! And threw open the stable door and made haste to their fastest horse. Never mind the best could be unruly.

She opened his stable and walked him towards the open door before stepping until the stirrups and lifting herself up and onto the seat, legs aside.

She gave one last look to her home before giving a sharp kick to the beast's side and it took off towards the backwoods trail.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

The younger set of nobles quickly grew bored with listening to their parents negotiate, though Reina and Andreas at least tried to pretend to be paying attention.

At least until Mikhail glanced out the window and raised his eyebrows fractionally.

"It seems our dear lady is making a break for it," he drawled lazily.

Well. That was certainly one solution, he supposed. No bride, no wedding, after all.

visualspice

Their parents, who were so engrossed in their conversation, turned their attentions to Mikhail as their mother asked, "I apologize, Lord Mikhail. You had said something?"
And just as she had asked, a frantic looking maid appeared in the doorway, asking to speak with the Duke and Duchess in private.

Meanwhile, Gavriella was disappearing into to woods.

DragonSong

“You could at least pretend to care,” Reina muttered to her brother as the household promptly seemed to lose their collective minds.

Well. The Duke’s household, at any rate. Their mother just seemed vaguely amused.

“I do care,” Mikhail replied blandly. “I’m worried they’re going to make me go after her.”

Reina snorted. “Oh please. Connlaoth is far too rigid to transgress proprietary so blatantly. They’ll probably just put you up in a room here until someone collects her.”

Mikhail dropped his head back with a theatric sigh, eyes closed. “Wonderful.”

visualspice

The wild, freeing feeling of the wind whipping through her hair helped blossom the largest smile upon her lips. She couldn't believe how exhilarating this was! She had never gone against her parents wishes, not once- and kept to her duties as any young lady ought-

But here she was, giving it all the finger as she coaxed her horse out of the manor and into the wilds, laughing inwardly to herself for how much trouble she knew she was in once she was got.

If she was caught. But what was holding them back? And what advantage did a shelter, spoiled noble girl really have?

For now, she had at least a head start-
and it felt amazing.

DragonSong

A head start for a girl in skirts on horseback really wasn't much of a head start at all when it was her brother--who'd grown up in the saddle as much as on the ground--was the one sent to fetch her.

Andreas wheeled his mount out as Gavi left the estate grounds, riding in a wide arc to cut her off, trying to vaguely herd her back.

Once he was in earshot, he slowed his horse a bit and gave a low whistle to his sister's own mount. The animal was headstrong--much like his rider--but had a bit of a soft spot for the duke's son. He figured it wouldn't take much coaxing to get the horse close enough for him to grab the reins. Not if Gavi wanted to keep her seat.

He looked at his sister with a mix of exasperation and pitying understanding. "What exactly did you think this was going to accomplish?"

visualspice

Frustrated, Gavriella snapped at her brother, "Out of my way, Andreas! I refuse to go back there! I'd rather die than let this marriage humiliate me!"

DragonSong

"You know I can't do that, Gavi."

He was close enough to grab her horse's reins now, and he did so, pulling the animal to a stop.

"What do you mean, humiliate you?" he asked quietly. "I know you're unhappy, sister, but...by all accounts, this is a fairly average arranged match. I'll admit Mikhail is..." He pursed his lips. "Very Serenian. But if he was truly any danger to you or your reputation, Father would never have agreed to the marriage."

visualspice

Gavriella's eyes flared with rage.
"All father ever talks about is how truly Connlaothian we are! How are blood runs thick! Now he's expecting a marriage likethis for his daughter!?"

DragonSong

"Gavriella."

He stared at her, caught between anger and disbelief. "He's trying to save your life. There's a war on, in case you'd forgotten." He shook his head, looking away and adding in a lower voice, "And while Father may cling to the title of our blood, I'd never thought you'd be so short-sighted as to do the same."

visualspice

Gavriella opened her lips to protest, but no words came out as she cast her gaze downwards,  unable to look at her brother as tears threatened to fall.

"But i.. I don't know the first thing about living in Serendipity. And it's so far away from you and.. " She tried to brush away the falling tears with irritation, but they continued to fall.

DragonSong

"Gavi..."

He sighed, feeling horrid and just wanting to help her but not knowing how. He reached across the space between them to try to take her hand.

"I know," he whispered. "Don't think I don't hate this. If there was anything I could do..."

visualspice

She shook her head, moving her hand away and tried to jerk the reins free as she kicked at her horse,  tears now spilling down her face in a feeble mess.

"Just let me go, Andreas! Please.." Her lips quivered, her entire body shaking as she clutched the reigns with white knuckles and attempted to coax the horse to run again.

DragonSong

"Go where, sister?" he demanded tiredly. "What exactly was your plan?"

visualspice

Gavriella grimaced, clenching her teeth as she avoided his gaze.
"I could hide at a relatives," She began. "Aunt Felena would take me."
But even she wasn't so sure about that statement 

DragonSong

He sighed again. "No, she wouldn't. Or she would pretend to, and then send a message back here to Father so he could come and collect you, and that would be the humiliation." He shook his head. "Gavi, even if she did, what then? You can't expect to just hide from this."

visualspice

Gavriella looked hurt.
"So you'd be okay? Just to let father marry me off? To send me away? Out of the country?"