Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let's Rock and Roll! (M)

Started by visualspice, August 15, 2021, 07:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He drew back at her reaction, hands raised to show he was harmless. He smiled when she realized it was just him.

"No. I'm sorry to have woken you up. I couldn't stay asleep," he admitted. "Ever since the fire, I've just felt... hot." Which he hoped she'd understand why he was shirtless.  Not that he had anything to hide, in fact it was even easier to see how women swooned for him with those baby blue eyes framed by long lashes and a mop of curly black hair, a well toned body and just the way he seemed to smile...

"I was actually just going to step outside for some fresh air," he explained apologetically.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"No no, don't apologize," she murmured quickly, getting slowly to her feet. "I'm...just a little jumpy, I suppose."

She glanced to the door when he mentioned fresh air—determinedly not looking at him—and but absently at her lower lip. In the faint light of the fire, she was a study in black and white: fair skin and dark hair, the green of her eyes entirely eaten by black on the low lighting. She didn't look quite real.

"Should you...be out there alone? I mean—is it safe?"

visualspice

"Well, I wasn't intending to go far. I was told this side of Reajh was much quieter... safer than the inner city."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"I mean, yes, but still..." She hesitated, glanced back toward the bedroom door, then sighed and let the blanket she was clutching drop onto the nearby sitting chair before moving toward the kitchen.

"Come with me. We have a little garden--it's not much, but it should serve for fresh air. And there's a wall, it's safe."

Without the blanket around her shoulders, a few clean lines of scar tissue across her collar bones and along the backs of her wrists were thrown into firelit relief; there were even a few around her ankles, when the movement of her skirt and lack of shoes revealed them. The nightdress was modest, but it didn't cover quite as much skin as her daytime attire.

visualspice

Chase nodded.
"Seems a safer option," he admitted. He followed quietly, giving her her proper space but when she crossed paths to lead him, he couldn't help but notice the marks on her legs. He quickly diverted his gaze.  It wouldn't do to stare.

DragonSong

Nyla led him easily through the dark kitchen and lifted the latch on the slim back door that led out into the house's little garden. She didn't have much of a green thumb, but she managed to keep a few patches of vegetables and a small apple tree alive.

"Here." Still barefoot and not much minding, she stepped out onto the soft grass and took in a deep breath, relishing the cool, not-quite-morning air. "Just mind the peppers. They've been struggling a bit since that cold snap, wouldn't do to crush the stems."

visualspice

Stepping out into the cool moonlight, this little garden was a sanctuary in it's own right. The way the moon's light cupped the leaves and fruit of the tree, to the sparkling dew off the grass.  Even the way it hugged the form of Javen's wife- it was all so beautiful.

"This is an impressive little garden," he admitted, following her out onto a small stone path. At her mentioning of the peppers, he followed her gaze and bent over to admire them.

"Even the peppers look pretty awesome in this light." He peered back to the moon. "I suppose the moon's nearly full." He stood straight again and nodded at Nyla with a gentle smile.
"Don't you worry." He winked. "I won't ruin your peppers. "

DragonSong

She smiled at him gently and took a few more steps along the little path until she was under the branches of the apple tree.

"Thank you," she murmured absently, peering up at the new fruit. She glanced back at him and added with a quiet laugh, "For the compliment and the promise, I suppose."

She should be getting ready to leave soon. And she needed some excuse to actually head down to the shop, so she should probably make something to take with her. But...well, it was rather nice, to just stand out in the garden and enjoy the fresh air. She couldn't remember the last time she'd done it.

visualspice

"So you tend to all of this?" He asked, gesturing as he moved in a small circle. "You don't only have a Baker's skill but a green thumb, too."

DragonSong

"Oh, well." She flushed and tucked a few stray curls back behind her ear, toeing the damp grass. "I'm really not an exceptional gardener or anything, just manage to keep these things growing."

She gestured around at the garden vaguely, then added with a small smile, "It's easier than going to a grocer for the produce I need for my recipes. Cheaper, too."

visualspice

Chase moved around, careful where he stepped as he continued to take in the garden in the moonlight. He spotted something- an awkward group of thistles in the corner. He knew a weed when he saw one and moved to sit down on the ground and studied the rest of the place.

"Looks like it could use some weeding," he commented, not in an offensive way, just stating matter of factly. "Mind if I help? Gardening might help me sleep." Or weeding, as it were. He gave her an easy smile, genuinely wanting to help. It was a stark contrast to her husband - everything about him was. Not that Javen was a bad looking fellow, but Chase was much younger and had a boyish charm to him, with perpetual dimples on his cheeks and a foppish look to his hair that made most Connlaothian women swoon. Tie it all in with his intense blue eyes and voice (not that Nyla had even heard him since before...) , he probably appeared the perfect man- and the moonlight only emphasized that he also had the perfect body.

DragonSong

"I'm sure it does. I don't have as much time to work out here as I'd like," Nyla murmured as she watched him, bemused. In her experience, guests didn't often just offer to help with household chores.

She smiled in response when he glanced up at her and nodded. "Sure, if you like. I certainly won't turn away the help."

She glanced back toward the house and her expression fell slightly. She bit her lip. "I--I really should be leaving soon. I want to get there before the shop opens properly, and I can't stay too long or Javen--"

She cut herself off quickly, ducking her eyes and flushing. It was unseemly to complain about her husband to someone she hardly knew.

No matter how miserable she suddenly was just at the mention of him.

She sighed and raked a hand back through her hair, sending the mass of dark curls spilling loose over her back. "I don't want to leave you out here, though, that's hardly being a good hostess."

visualspice

He watched her, curious. If he noticed anything off about her mention of her husband, he made no show of it. But when she mentioned not wanting to leave him alone, he smirked.

"Sometimes it's nice to be alone," he told her honestly. "Plus I feel.. oddly safe out here," he went on, drawing in a long breath and sighing dramatically. "You know.." he peered at her from the corner of his eyes. "It's not like someone's lighting my house on fire here."

A bad joke. Probably too soon to joke. It may have even been inappropriate, given that well- her house technically could be in that sort of danger, thanks to him. Assuming someone knew he was even there.

He slowly rose back to his feet.
"You should get to your bakery. Just act like I'm not even here," he went on, giving a shooing motion towards the back door. "It's not like I can get into too much trouble here," he added, to lighten the mood.

DragonSong

"Oh, but--I--"

She stared at him for a moment, clearly torn, then sighed and gave in with a nod and a small, grateful smile. "I suppose that's true. Just...take care, alright?"

Without thinking, she reached out as though to touch his shoulder, then caught herself at the last second and drew her hand back quickly to her chest. Her blush was back, and she turned sharply in an effort to hide it.

"I'll, um...if Javen asks after me, would you tell him I left early? It shouldn't matter too much, but, you know... I don't want to wake him to say goodbye. I'm sure he's...tired."

"Passed out drunk" was more accurate, but she didn't feel the need to articulate that.

visualspice

Chase nodded. Her awkwardness was not lost on him but hey, they were still strangers, after all. Maybe she'd feel more at ease around him if he weeded her garden. Once could never be too sure.
"Oh.. before you go..."
He looked around then back at her.
"Got a pair of gloves I could use?" he asked, smirking. Weeds weren't exactly the nicest plants to yank from the ground.

DragonSong

Nyla laughed, bright and clear and silvery. "Of course." She nodded toward a small, worn wooden chest tucked just to the side of the door, to the left of the little stone path. "Though, well...they are more meant to fit me. Javen doesn't exactly do a lot of gardening. They might be a bit tight?"

visualspice

Chase lifted up a hand and smirked as he wriggled his fingers and approached her.
"You saying I have big hands?"

He moved to grab her wrist, pressing his palm to her's and letting his hands fan out to measure theirs together.  His was easily larger, by atleast a mile!

He chuckled.
"Damn, guess I do have large hands."

DragonSong

Oh.

Oh dear.

Nyla had flinched away when he first took her wrist, but she quickly tried to hide it. She was so focused on trying not to seem unreasonably skittish that she didn't notice what he was doing until his palm was pressed firmly to hers, their fingers splayed against each other.

Heat flooded her cheeks and she found herself just staring at him with wide eyes, mute.

Oh dear.

"W-well, that...I mean...I've always had...little hands, I suppose..."

She was so thrown, unsure what exactly he was doing or why she was reacting to it so strongly, that she barely noticed the way her baker's callouses lined up like strange puzzle pieces with a musicians. Or that her sleeve had slid back along her arm, revealing the myriad of scars feathered up along the back of her wrist toward the rest of her arm.

visualspice

It was there in the moonlight he spotted the scars and unable go control himself, his eyes searched hers, worried and afraid for her. Was this.. did.. had someone hurt her?

DragonSong

It was only when his expression changed that she realized. Nyla's befuddled, blushing smile slipped away and she quickly drew her hand back, tugging her sleeve down to once again hide the marks.

"I—I should go," she whispered, unable to look at him. More than the general nervousness she always felt when someone saw her scars, she realized she was...ashamed. She knew they weren't her fault, not really, but... They invited questions she didn't want to answer, and dragged up memories she'd rather forget. And, shallow a thought as it was, she knew they were hardly appealing.

Hoping to shut down any curiosity, she gave a small sigh and looked toward the apple tree—reminding herself she could create, could help things grow, not just destroy—then murmured, "It was a long time ago, Chase. I'm...I'm alright."