Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let's Rock and Roll! (M)

Started by visualspice, August 15, 2021, 07:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At that, he relaxed a little but still kept his eyes on her.
"I.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"
He couldn't help himself. But even though she assured him it was in the past... he still felt curious. But he had to let it drop. He shouldn't let himself become so much trouble on them.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Nyla managed to give him a shaky smile even as she took a step back.

And despite herself, she somehow found the words falling from her mouth: "There was a reason I left home. But I've been here a while now. I'm alright, really."

She hesitated a moment longer, then murmured, "Enjoy the garden, Chase," before she turned to slip back into the kitchen.

visualspice

He felt he ought to say more, but she was gone. Would it have been rude? Perhaps, but it was not wise to dwell on it. He smiled and wondered what curious love story she and Javen must have shared. To start a life here of all places...

He watched her disappeared then set to work, smiling as he pulled on the ill fitting gloves and examined them in the moonlight. Then he recalled when they touched hands. Shame she was married. That was a clever way to flirt.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Nyla found herself wringing her hands as snuck back into the bedroom to change into a walking dress, then out to the kitchen again to gather up a basket of freshly baked bread. Her palm still tingled in a not at all unpleasant way that made her stomach flip and her throat go tight.

But that was stupid. In so many ways and on so many levels. So she tried to put it from her mind as she stepped out the front door just as the sun was starting to peek over the horizon and began to make her way in toward the city center.

visualspice

Chase would have offered to help her carry her baked goods into the city proper... but too many people could recognize him and who knew if there were others out there after his hide. So he stayed put, working on the garden for a good portion of the day until the sun was higher and he disappeared back inside.

To say he was bored was an understatement, and somehow... he and Javen wound up drunk and laughing over shared stories by the timeNyla would be home.

DragonSong

For the first time in a very long time, Nyla found that she couldn't stop smiling.

The shop was doing well under her carefully hired help. It was good to see it, to be back in her own bakery, to see familiar old customers—most of whom congratulated her on her marriage, and lamented her absence from the shop. The only part of the day where her smile grew forced.

But by the time she arrived home again her smile was back. She swept in through the door with a swirl of her walking cloak and a soft tune hummed under her breath.

It took her a moment to realize that both her husband and their guest were unto the bottle. Oh dear.

Her smile fell a bit as wariness started to set in. She tried not to let it show. "Good evening, Javen. Chase."

visualspice

The men's conversation shifted the moment Nyla returned.

"Back so soon?" Her husband asked with a belch. "Bakery busy?" Javen patted a seat at the table. "Come drink with us! Bet the day was long and hard."

DragonSong

"Oh! Um..." Nyla hesitated, but took a careful seat at the table. She didn't reach for a drink, but she smiled at them both and answered, "Busy enough. It was good to see." She gave Chase a small smile. "I am a little tired, actually. But...good tired."

She tilted her head at him, absently scraping her curls back from her face and twisting them into a loose knot at the base of her neck. A very faint sheen of sweat had coated her brow from working the bakery, and a few drops slid down the column of her throat beneath the neckline of her dress. She looked flushed and happy—almost a different person from the woman she'd been that morning.

"How was the garden?" she asked with another small smile for Chase. "I suppose you must have been quite bored today. I'm sorry."

visualspice

Javen laughed at her remarks.
"Nothing a little drinking can't fix. You had a long day." Javen had already moved to pour his wife a cup.

Chase simply smiled at her and admired her form quietly,  but openly.
"You look like you had a good day." He felt a small pang of jealousy. After a good performance on stage,  he felt that way too. "And don't worry,  you can't be bored with beer, " he admitted with a laugh.

Her husband nearly shoved her drink in hand.
"Drink up!" He laughed and grabbed his own, downing a few big gulps.

"I did what I could on the gardens," Chase finally replied, staring at her expectantly.

"Pfft the gardens. Don't worry on that and just have a drink!" Javen interjected.

DragonSong

"Oh, really, Javen, I don't--"

She tried to protest, but the drink was already in her hand. Biting back a sigh, she resolved to sip at it and hopefully she'd be able to be rid of the thing at some point without either of the men noticing.

Another polite smile for Chase and she pretended to take a sip of her drink. "Well, I'm glad you've managed to amuse yourself. But really, don't worry about the garden--I know the situation isn't...ideal, but you're still a guest. You shouldn't be doing housework."

She looked between them both and frowned lightly. "Have you two eaten yet?" she asked, the question ostensibly directed to her husband, but somehow there was more concern in her face when she looked at Chase.

She'd seen Javen last just fine on bread and a bottle. She was less worried about his ability to feed himself.

visualspice

The men exchanged glances.
"Fuck, I guess we haven't eaten! Unless beer counts!" Javen went on with a laugh.
Chase smiled and shrugged.
"I helped myself to... all of the bread earlier," Chase admitted sheepishly then turned to Javen. "Your wife bakes the best bread!"

"Why do you think I married her?" Javen replied with a laugh. "You aiming to finally feed your poor husband?" Javen asked, grinning at her drunkenly.

DragonSong

Nyla smiled tiredly and got to her feet. "Of course, I'll make a quick something." Her expression softened a bit when she added to Chase, "I'm glad you liked the bread."

She moved toward the kitchen. Her feet ached and her back was sore, but she could put something together quickly. Maybe Javen would be drunk enough that he wouldn't give her a hard time for heading to bed early.

visualspice

Javen must have been some kinda drunk,  because he happily followed his wife into the kitchen.  He admired her form as he slipped in behind her.
"Need some help?" He asked, lips sloppily finding her neck.

DragonSong

Nyla stiffened, in the process of reaching for a platter to begin cutting a block of cheese.

“Javen,” she protested quietly, turning her face away from him and leaning into the counter to try to put some space between them. Her heart was hammering, stomach tight. “Chase is just in the next room—this isn’t very appropriate,” she tried, forcing a tiny laugh in the hope that might head off his temper.

visualspice

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind the show, " he muttered through kisses on her neck.  "When is the last time we shared a bed proper?"

DragonSong

Our wedding night.

And that was just fine by her.

She tried to twist out of his arms as subtly as she could, laughing again, though her voice had gone a little high and tight. "Come now, it hasn't been that long, surely. Just behave while we have a guest, hm?"

She didn't look at him, trying to busy herself with getting food together. "Besides, the kitchen is hardly conducive to a rendezvous. It's not exactly romantic in here."

visualspice

Chase proved that as he walked in on them and promptly turned around.
"Don't mind me! I won't be a fly on the wall. I'll just help myself to another drink in the other room." And he exited, stage left.

DragonSong

“Oh!”

Nyla nearly slipped and cut herself with the knife as she practically jumped away from Javen when Chase suddenly entered the kitchen.

“N-no, it’s not—! Oh gods.” Her face felt hot enough to bake flatbread. She quickly settled an assortment of fruit, cheese, and bread on a serving platter and then scurried back out into the main room to put it on the table.

She tried not to look at Javen, hoping he would only think her flustered and not notice the relief on her face.

visualspice

Food seemed to be the ticket as both men were gobbling it up and moaning as if it were better than sex. Truly,  the pair was so drunk they acted rather embarrassing with their loud laughing and drunken slurs. Eventually the pair ended up having a singing contest which....

"You know i can't lose!" Chase laughed as the two each took turns to sing their favorite 'old times songs. But even drunk.. Chase's voice was that of angel. And the emotions he put behind it? Enough to heat any woman beneath her skirts.

DragonSong

Nyla shook her head at them with a smile as she nibbled her own food and surreptitiously disposed of the drink Javen had poured her. Luckily her husband was easily distracted by their guest.

And she had to admit, he was very talented. She allowed herself a few minutes to listen to him sing—but she was exhausted from her long day, and soon enough the sounds began to blur from emotive words into a soothing ebb and flow of melody that dragged at her limbs and eyelids.

Without realizing what she was doing, she began to lean against Chase's shoulder—Javen had moved to his favorite sitting chair, so she was left beside the bard at the table. Her lashes fluttered against her cheeks and she struggled to keep her eyes open, until her head nodded into the crook of Chase's neck and shoulder and her breathing began to grow slow and even.