Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Supernova [spice]

Started by DragonSong, September 14, 2022, 01:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Oh, thank God." She grabbed his arm tighter for a moment, starting to be able to make out his shape in the nothingness around them. His own hand on her arm was a steadying contact, and she nearly wept with the relief of solidity.

"I--I'm alright," she stammered out, thinking that she was probably lying but not sure what she could say. No, she wasn't okay, she was terrified? That seemed obvious. "I don't--I don't remember...what happened?"

visualspice

His mind tried to go back to the ritual but everything was muddled- even his body it seemed. He almost felt fake..

But was this even real?

"I'm trying to remember.  I.. I do know we had begun the ceremony.. and it.." his voice hitched as he recollected something. 

"Something must have happened..this.. i.. we might both be inside your head.. or consciousness...."

He was recalling back to just how the magics worked... digging in and ripping through the seams inside a person- looking for those strange hints of magic. 
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Inside my consciousness?" Lily repeated, incredulous. "That—how is that possible?"

She looked around frantically...and without quite realizing what she was doing, her hand drifted down from lightly gripping Kentamin's arm to wrapping her fingers around his and holding tight, trying to anchor herself.

visualspice

She'd be able to see- and feel his frown. 

"I.. it's within the magics.. part of the risks..."

How could he explain?

"Magics can be tied to many sources. Some rooted more deeply and complex than others. Some it's woven throughout their entire being.. or mind..."

He shook his head.

"But this.. this has never happened before.. something must have happened..."

And was that.. did he just hear..

Thunder?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"...Mine felt like that, I think," Lily whispered. "Felt...woven in. Like a part of me."

She started a bit at the rumbling sound that echoed suddenly around them. She whipped around, searching though she knew all she would find was that dark nothingness.

"What was that?"

She didn't seem to notice the faint halo of pale silvery gray light that had started to form around her—like the sun shining through storm clouds.

visualspice

If he could pale, he would. But as it were.. he wasn't completely sure he was real. Or any of this...

"Maybe it's all..a dream?"

But it seemed too.. cements, to weighted for that. Then he gasped and pointed at her.

"You're glowing..."

DragonSong

"What?"

Lily looked down at herself, and realized he was right. She sucked in a sharp breath, brushing frantically at herself as though that might make it go away.

It didn't seem to have any effect. If anything, the glow grew a little brighter, in time with another distant rumble of thunder.

she looked up at him, eyes wide and lost. "What's happening?"

visualspice

Kentamin frowned. 
"I.. I don't know."
He listened to the rumble of thunder again, her body glowing brighter.

"The storm..." he took her hands suddenly. "Tell me... what all can your magics do?"

DragonSong

"I-I don't know," she stammered, still staring down at the faint glow that wreathed her hands--her whole body, really, but for some reason she just found herself staring at her hands.

"It was...I mean, the storm, when you first arrived, that was...the magic," she whispered. "But I've never--I've never used it, not on purpose. I don't know what it can do..."

visualspice

He furrowed his brow and considered what she said.

"Are you sure you've no control of it? No emotions that may trigger it? Or thoughts?"

DragonSong

"I don't know," Lily exclaimed, both fear and frustration clear in her voice. "I always thought--I thought they were fainting spells! That I would get overexcited or--or something, and it would just..."

She scrubbed the heels of her palms into her eyes. "I don't know," she repeated in a hopeless whisper.

visualspice

Things began to click into place.  And the more he thought on it  - it made sense. She had no idea her own emotions may be linked to these powers. How could she know? If she always passed out....

"We need to consider that this power is more intimately connected to you.  Your fainting spells likely were when you were at your peak, or the powers had become too much."

He frowned at that.. realizing..

Did he actually care how this affected her? When he had begun this journey as a Templar, he was boiling with his desire to put mages into their right place. How could they have allowed themselves to become so corrupt by these flukes of nature? 

But the more he lived....
The more he experienced he began to realize how grey the world was.

"If this is linked to you in that way.. you must stay focused and with me. We've got to figure this out or..."

Or what? Would they get stuck like this? What were the consequences to their current situation? 

He thought back to his training and.. well..

This is the part where, if he were to find himself so deeply connected within the mage that...

He would have to really fight to bring either of them back from this realm of their subconscious. 

"Tell me.. from the beginning. How did this all start? And what would cause you to go into your fainting spells?"

DragonSong

There were only so many time she could say "I don't know". Lily looked at him desperately, clearly wanting an answer as much as he did.

"I...I think I was five," she whispered, "when I had the first fainting spell. My brother--" Her throat tightened. Her brother. The same brother who had called for the church.

She swallowed. "My brother said I was climbing a tree, and I fainted. I don't...really remember that. I mean, I remember climbing, but then it all went black and...when I woke up, I was on the ground."

She frowned. "I...didn't get hurt, though. There was this--this storm rolling in, and the wind picked up...Jorris said I probably would have broken my arm, but the wind caught my skirts and sort of...I don't really know, it somehow let me fall softer? I hit a few branches on the way down, rather than just falling straight to the ground."