Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

With A Good Compromise, No One Is Happy [spice!]

Started by DragonSong, April 30, 2021, 05:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

“At no point did I say I was okay with this,” Andreas retorted quickly. “But what do you want me to do? I’ve been trying to talk Father out of it for weeks.”

Realizing his slip, he snapped his mouth shut. No one had told Gavriella of her engagement until just over a week ago—and as far as she knew, he hadn’t had any idea either.

visualspice

Gavriella was shaking- partly from the chilly wind that picked up, but also because she was still crying. She had no idea how to handle all of this, too scared and ashamed to have any desire to return, but her brother's logic wasn't something to argue with-
If she turned to family for help, they'd simply bring her back and her fate would remain the same.
If she continued on her own... It was a foolish pipe dream. She had no idea how to live outside of her means, and part of her was more fearful of living empoverishedly than living Serendipitily.

After a long moment, she drew in a shaky breath.

"I don't know what to do," she whispered, lashes hanging low and her head, unable to rise from her shame and fear. "I've.. embarrassed us... and I... I don't even..." she turned to cast her gaze against elsewhere, wiping at her tears as more hot ones slipped down her cheeks.  She sighed and finally looked up at her brother, the image of him blurry, through her fresh tears.

"Couldnt you and I just run away... together?" it was a sad, pathetic, hope broken voice that asked. Her trembling smile revealed the obvious- that she knew his answer. But part of her wished he'd entertain her-
Just take her by her hand and run with her-
Far, far away from here.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Gavi..."

She had no idea how much he wanted to do just that.

And maybe, if he'd been anyone else, raised any other way, he might have. But as it was, he dropped his eyes and shook his head slightly, guilt clawing at his chest. "I can't," he murmured. "You know I'd can't. The two of us wouldn't be able to hide any better than you would on your own, and this... It'll be enough of a scandal just trying to fix this."

He gestured around them, at the horses, the stretch of ground they'd covered from the townhouse.

Then his head snapped up. "What if--?" Well...it was a longshot, but if it would get her back inside... "What if I went with you? To Serendipity? For the first month or so, just--just to get you settled. We could tell Mother and Father that's why you ran, you didn't want to go alone, but if I went with you, we could..."

He shrugged helplessly. "It might buy some time, at least?"

visualspice

She trembled, eyes now down cast. She chewed on her lower lip at his idea.
It would make her feel better...
But guilt still ate away at her gut. She moved uneasily upon the saddle.

"Isn't.. there some... less lame excuse for me to... hide this embarrassment?" she asked, weakly smiling but her eyes still not lifting to meet his.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Unless you want to argue a temporary bout of insanity...nothing I've got off the top of my head," Andreas replied, trying to joke.

Then, sobering a bit. "Gavi...it would make me feel better. And that's what I'll tell Father. He can't object if it's just for a little while, and if I say I'm going to make sure you're safe."

visualspice

She didn't want to smile through her tears, but she couldn't fight it, either. She felt ridiculous.
She tried brushing at the tears.

"I feel foolish."

DragonSong

"Don't." He leaned over to cup her cheek in his hand for a moment, giving her a small smile. "You're not foolish, Gavi. You're human." And I'm so sorry I can't stop this happening.

Settling back into his own saddle with sigh, he turned his horse, clicking for hers to follow, but not urging either forward yet. "Ready to go back in?"

visualspice

Gavi was quiet, her eyes cast down again. She said nothing. But after a time, she did nod. And she felt her fate sealed.

DragonSong

"...Come on, little sister." Andreas leaned over to kiss her temple, squeezing her hand once before he kicked his horse into a trot and hers started after.

Miraculously, the whole negotiation party had wound up back in the parlor over the course of the whole affair, and when Andreas approached the door they seemed to be...having tea. And chatting.

...What?

visualspice

Gavriella blushed at the kiss. If only she could just marry her brother and stay here...
A silly, foolish notion.
But it would keep her home...
away from... whatever unknown fate was in store for her in Serendipity.

The war...
ha..
A petty excuse to be rid of her.

Once back home, Gavriella refused to return to the parlor immediately without fussing over how she looked. Once she felt confident she looked less like she had been crying and riding a horse for the better part of an hour, she returned with her brother and she too, was surprised to see how amicable the families were.

She shifted uncomfortably beside Andreas.
Well, she certainly wasn't going to interrupt.

DragonSong

Andreas shot his sister a wide-eyed look, but before he could say anything, Lady Bartok had caught sight of them and waved them into the parlor.

"Oh do come in, both of you! Gavriella, my dear, I apologize for my son's abysmal behavior."

She shot a glare at Mikhail, who was hovering beside the chair where his own sister sat and winced slightly, not looking at them.

"Mikhail explained that he had convinced you to show him the grounds, but seeing as he is not an accomplished horseman, backed out without actually telling you." She glowered at her son, who winced again. "Foolish boy."

"My apologies, Lady Gavriella," Mikhail murmured with a slight dip of his head in her direction.

Andreas had to work not to tape at him. That...how in all hells had he convinced them of a story that wouldn't embarrass his sister? And why?!

visualspice

If Andreas was surprised, Gavriella was positively stunned. At first, she stared stupidly, too surprised to think or act before she realized her silence had lasted longer than was appropriate as she forced herself to smile, slipping back on the mask she was taught to wear so many times throughout her life.

"His apology is accepted. But I did rather enjoy my brief run. It's a lovely day outside. It's a shame he had to miss it. Our grounds are quite lovely."

DragonSong

Mikhail gave her the smallest hint of a smile, and for a moment he actually looked sheepish. He inclined his head to her, then Reina gave her a much brighter smile and patted the seat beside her.

"Come sit with me? Mother and your parents haven't moved into proper negotiation yet but it's only a matter of time, and I find your conversation much more interesting."

Andreas found himself just hovering in the doorway, entirely unsure just what the hells was going on.

visualspice

Gavriella blushed and moved towards her side, motioning for her brother to follow, as she had linked arms with him.

"I must admit, negotiations can be quite boring- trivial really when it's already all been decided."
she hoped some of her spite didn't come out too much in her forcibly sweet words.
Her grip on Andreas' arm tightened a little, but she smiled just the same.

"I hope I wasn't missed terribly."
she tried not to steal a glance at Mikhail, but when she did, she was quick to avert her gaze any where else in the room. she didn't even know where her eyes ended up- her vision swimming inside her head as the conversation drawled on between their parents.

DragonSong

Andreas found himself helpless to do little more than nod along as his little sister pulled him onto the chaise next to Reina's chair--and then the duke and duchess and Lady Bartok were talking again, and once more the two pairs of siblings seemed to have been left to their own devices.

Reina was eager to draw Gavriella back into conversation--and she reached out to take the younger girl's hand as she did, voice lowering slightly as she whispered, "Neither of us can blame you for wanting to run. I'm not sure if it helps to know, but...he does too. He's just more of an ass about it."

visualspice

At that revelation, Gavriella released a long sigh. She smiled over at Reina.

"Will.. you be living at his home once we are wed?"
It would be nice to have the company..
Even if Andreas would be there.

She dredded being alone with her new husband. She hardly knew him. What if she truly ended up despising him?

DragonSong

"Oh, sweet thing." Reina smiled wider and patted her hand. "Misha doesn't have his own residence--you'll be staying with us in the summer house. And yes, I'll be there too, as long as you'd like. I love the grounds, and it's the only place I can get any real work done without our parents hovering."

visualspice

Gavriella stiffened, her face red again.
"Oh, I'm sorry I thought-"

Right, Connlaothian customs are not the same as Serendipity customs.

"I apologize for not knowing. I suppose I'll have to brush up on my Serenian knowledge." She gave a sheepish smile, but there was a bit of sadness to it.

DragonSong

"Oh, no one is expecting you to know everything, don't be so harsh on yourself," Reina said casually. "And I'll be there to help you along, don't you worry."

Mikhail thought about pointing out that he would be there too--but given, well...everything, he ultimately decided to just bite his tongue.

visualspice

Their parents conversation distracted her from Reina's. She heard her father insisting about the wedding being here, but then her mother chiming in, saying it would only be appropriate to have the wedding in Serendipity.

"As is tradition. We have always had the groom host and shouldn't rush the wedding now. Let them get acquainted before their wedding night and in a month's time or two, we can join them and celebrate our family's union together."