Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Returning home (open)

Started by Nahashsan, March 04, 2023, 05:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahashsan

Soules gave gentle smile. He was glad to see her awake and was actually glad to see some of her attitude return. "I'm a helper, I always have been so I couldn't just leave you to die in the gutter."

visualspice

She studied his face, her eyes expressive- both of concern- and respect.

"You've helped me on numerous occasions these past two days and I...  I'm sorry if I have not been the most reasonable towards you. I'm..." she squirmed. "Not used to anyone caring."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nahashsan

"It's all good, and you'll have me for a few more days before I absolutely have get back on the road to Ajhfeld." He didn't help for the thanks. He helped because it was the right thing to do.

visualspice

A few more days?

Her eyes went wide. But then, where he said he was going sunk in.

"Ahjfeld!? Why would you go there?" Even she heard the horrors of what happened to that duchy.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nahashsan

Soules' expression went solemn "the closest thing I had to a family was in Ajhfeld. I've not heard a word from them in four year's. I doubt I'll like what I'll find but I need answers." He looked down at his feet as he spoke.

He was concerned about Xanti, she had soon signs of magic when she was young. While she had learn to control her magic, it only took one accusations to get her locked up. He hoped she had stayed safe.

visualspice

Althea's frown deepened. So many had been hurt, families ruined and destroyed, by this damned war. Her family, however, ruined itself.

The fact he had family he actually loved...
She felt his pain, but only out of the memories she missed of her past.

"So it's just you from your family right now?" She asked, truly curious. "Have you not married?" It seemed most soldiers that had survived were quick to pick up wives. Maybe he had one in that duchy?

Nahashsan

He gave a heavy sigh.  " I was engaged before the war. We took different stances on the fighting. Luna became a confessor and I disagreed."  He looked up at Althea "I thought about deserting every day for ten years, mages aren't all bad. I've seen plenty of atrocities done by none mages." His voice was full of pain as he spoke.

"My only other family was a young orphan name Xanti she should be about your age now."

visualspice

Her age? She had to wonder if he truly knew how old she was. Most wanted to presume she was just some child.

"Why didn't you desert?" She asked, genuinely curious.

Nahashsan

He thought about her question for awhile. "Couldn't leave my men, I had trained most of them myself and I felt responsible for them." He ran his hand through his hair as he spoke. "When the fighting stopped they disbanded the Ajhfeld long patrol and reassigned everyone. I took the opportunity to resign my commission. I'll always be a soldier at heart but I've more then done my time."

visualspice

She studied his face as he spoke. At a glance, he looked as wicked as any other soldier- the scars on his face only cementing that. And well, the eye patch. 

"And your eye.
" she asked softly. "Was that lost to the war as well?"

Nahashsan

He traced the scar down the his face with his fingers.  "This came from a bandit, long before the war."

"What will you do when I leave. Living in the gutter is not a life I would choose." He said.

visualspice

She nodded, not pressing but looked at him with a frown at the question. 

"I chose this life," she said, quietly. "It.. was a better place than I had left. "

Nahashsan

"You could tag along if you want, you deserve better Althea." He said kindly.

There he was playing hero again. He could help himself, it was just second nature. He wanted to save everyone he met.

visualspice

She visibly flinched at that. She hadn't meant to, but the reaction was atleast honest. 

Did she deserve better? She wasn't even sure- she just knew she didn't want what waited her back at home. She pet Douzen's head as she kept her eyes away.

"I don't want to be anyone's burden," she finally admitted. "It wouldn't be right, it wouldn't be proper t' take advantage of yee."

No.. no he'd already done enough. 

Douzen continued to look at her, tail thumping when she smiled at him. Although.. it would be nicer for Douzen.. wouldn't it?
"Could ye.. atleast take Douzen?" She asked, not able to look up at him when she spoke.

Nahashsan

He expected some pushback, not this resignation it was sad.  "I'll take Douzen with me but he is your dog, you have to take care of him and You won't be a burden, quite the opposite I enjoy having a traveling companion. Remember I  spent 20 years in the army. This is the for first time I've traveled alone in a long time."

visualspice

Althea had no idea what to say to that. A part of her hoped for a chance to get out of her situation, to better herself and not have to live onnthe streets. 

Dare she act on that hope?  Dare she trust this man? 

She barely knew him.. 
But what she did know was that Douzen trusted him..
The dog smiles as he turned to look at Soules, following his masters lead.

"I.. couldn't possibly." She frowned. "I haven't the money nor means."

Nahashsan

"Don't worry about the money, this is my gift to you and Douzen" he said with a soft smile. As a seasoned caption in the army he he had made his fair share of money. He could easily afford to support another.

"Just think about it, first we need to get to better."

visualspice

Althea wanted to protest further, but she truly felt exhausted. And she was thankful for the help. To think.. dare she hope she and Douzen could get a better life?

No.. she couldn't let herself get too carried away, but a part of her couldn't help but grow anxious.

"Ahjfeld is far.." she commented. Although she had never been, she knew it wasn't just a day trip or two from their location. 

Nahashsan

"It's about a week and a half walk, two if we take it easy. Would be faster but you don't ride horses which is ok, Max can still carry the gear." He replied.

He could tell she was getting exhausted. "You rest up, I need to do some shopping for new clothes." Ajhfeld was still occupied territory, it wouldn't do to show up in full soldier uniform.

visualspice

She nodded her head, frowning before taking his hand and gently squeezing it.

"Thank you... it's been sometime since anyone's been kind t' me. Ye've been more than admirable and I'm still sorry I've been a thorn in your side since the beginning."

Life hadn't been easy- it was her defense mechanism and she had to grow up swiftly- so she always felt much older than she was.

"Take your time. I'll rest up and maybe soon, ye can get back home to Ahjfeld."