Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
La'marri / Rho, Enchanter and Spellsword
« Last post by SethYuikora on Today at 01:18:29 PM »
__________________QUICK STATS
Name  Rho
Age  29
Gender  M
Species  Human
Height  5' 8"
Occupation  Mercenary
Residence  La'Marri cottage

__________________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description
Of average build with long brown hair.  Wears a large brimmed, red hat that he won in a game of cards.  He enjoys the attention the hat brings.

Personality
Though not of the upper-class, he presents himself as such in hopes of gaining favor through his intellect and dissuading would be harassers through misinformation.  Pompous and prideful.  Womanizer.  Loves to drink.  Competent gambler.

Magic/Abilities
Utilizes magic-infused sword skills to dispatch foes.  Can generate negative-energy constructs from his blade and propel his body for speedy and powerful strikes.
His magics are of the fire element, but appear dark and hellish in nature.

Relationships
A young imp by the name of Cassidy can see the world through his eyes and speaks to his mind occasionally due to the after-effects of a spell going awry in the past.  Her voice is more or less ignored at all times.

History
Orphaned from an early age, he traveled around for some time as an urchin, eventually stowing away on a caravan bound for La'Marri where he landed.  Having stolen from a sorceress shortly after arriving, he was promptly restrained by the woman and commended for being able to get one over on her.  He is adopted and taught by the woman to be a mage for 6 years until her death.  Being left a modest home and small laboratory within, he continued his studies, but began delving into darker magics in his pursuit of knowledge.  He creates magical trinkets as a means of earning wage.  He prefers to hunt down his own sources of ingredients to ensure quality, be they minerals, ferns, or monster parts.

__________________THREAD TRACKER
Current Threads

Complete Threads
Lore Submissions / Anan-Si, the Spiderfolk of Draconi Forest
« Last post by ZRYork on Today at 12:49:51 PM »
ANAN-SI

1. Racial Description
Anan-Si are a physically diverse species, though all of them show arachnid traits. It's exceedingly common for them to appear as bipedal spiders, with a pair of legs and two main arms, with smaller arms, though it's not unheard of for clans of them to appear with only a pair of arms and legs.

Different clans draw from different species of spiders, such as Orb Weavers, Garden Spiders and the much feared Tarantula clans. Most of their traits depend on their region of origin, but sometimes a new form of an existing clan appears.

2. Society
Anan-Si, at least the non-Tarantula clans, are stock full of stories. From the moment they are born, they are fed with stories of Anansi, a legendary member of their species from which all stories derive from. Each clan has countless stories of him, though it's very rare for two stories to cross over.

If a dispute arises in the clan, they seek out a Story-Weaver, from who they derive the truth. IF both parties have a valid complaint, they will often refer to a story of which all clans refer to: Anansi's Brother. The story went that at the time of their creation, Anansi had a brother, Taran. The two were chosen by Creation, who gave them both a hard choice: they had to decide which brother was to lead the people. The two brother decided to make a series of challenges, decided by Creation. she decided that there would be Eight Trials, each one for a limb they had. The first was a contest of story-telling, which Anan-Si won. The second was a race to the Highest Mountain and back, which Taran won. As it happened, both brothers had come into a tie. Creation sighed, for She felt it was down to a battle of strength. Although Anansi was strong, Taran was sure he was to win through his pure power. Before the confrontation, Anansi had watched his brother endlessly, studying his technique, while Taran had sought out dark powers, from which he would gain their blessing. Before the battle ended, Anansi had been struck down, but before Taran could end him, Anansi recovered, and used his special tactic: He had uses his silk to bind up Taran. Once he had succeeded, he threw him out of their ring. He had won, much against his brother's desire. Creation chose him to be the leader of the newly titled Anan-Si, and those that followed his Brother became the Tarantula.

In order to determine right or wrong, both parties must wrestle until one is thrown out of the ring, in which case, he is considered in the right. If the conflict doesn't require physical answers, the Story-Weaver has an answer: Make up a story. It is assumed that any confrontation can be solved with a proper story. Very often, this is the truth.

The other unique form of Anan-Si is their reverence for humanoids and predators. If a being makes a severe impact on their routine (such as a hungry ogre, or a manipulative human), they often find a way to channel their myth with them. Very commonly, people who attack or in some way negatively impact them, they see them as a channel of Taran, and offer some way to apologize. if the creature spurns them, they are known to muster some war parties and destroy them, though commonly they hide there villages from prying eyes.

Commonly, they barter and trade their findings for stories, though some with more outside learn how to barter goods for other goods.

3. Names
Male Anan-Si keep Anan- in there name, with a last part being a birth name. Females are the reverse, being -Si. Most names are short.

Example Names:

Male: Anan-Kro, Anan-Oer, Anan-Kyr
Female: Serv-Si, Syen-Si, Jar-Si

4. Gender and Sexuality
Anan-Si are not quite concerned with gender, as they see either gender equal in importance. Sexuality is harder to gauge between clans, as Anan-Si are prone to be loyal to their mate, but some clans are prone to decide on how they see homosexuality and other topics.

5. Diet
They enjoy meat, though can eat other foods. Commonly they forage for plants, and hunt small game for meat. When they do encounter travelers, they will often ask for exotic meats (cows, deer, etc,) or alcohol, of which they partake in excitedly.

6. Views on Magic
Magic is common with Anan-Si, the main variety is a form of enchanting called "Story-Magic." they imbue their weapons with tales of battle, to make them more striking and dangerous. They can also imbue trees with stories of lush lands and fertile crops to aid in growing foliage.

The most special magic they can cast however, comes from their spinnerets.  They can give their silk a form of memory magic, drawn from their thoughts and dreams. If one touches the silk, they become enraptured with the concepts. The most silk intertwined, and you can see stories. Make a blanket of scarf, and they can relay entire chronicles.

7. Style
Anan-Si often take style inspirations from humanoids they encounter. Very commonly they create their clothing out of silk they produce. They will often embellish it with shiny objects they find, though they are heavily against dyeing the cloth bright colors, as to distract from their natural hues.

8. Religion
For a culturally diverse species, it's often surprising to find out they only have three gods: Creation, Taran and Anansi. Creation is rarely mentioned in newer stories, as She's a power and and dangerous being, prone to destroying her enemies with bolts of freezing lightening, as she is to bless and reward faithful followers. She appears as the sky in their myths.

When it comes to blessings, they choose Taran and Anansi. Taran, despite his fall from grace, is known to aid in war and battle, with his cunning and strength. A common phrase is "On the jaws of Taran" to describe a difficult and tricky task. Taran is depicted as a centaur-like being, with a Tarantula lower's half, and a hairy human's upper half.

Anansi is their god for everything else. Anansi is as diverse in temperament as he is wise and quick thinking. He's prone to trickery to get what he wants. He often takes the form as a human with a wide, generous smile, and eight great arms, carrying clubs.

9. History

Anan-Si history is farther then their stories as can be. Long ago in the Draconi Forest, there was a tribe of humans who worshiped a spider spirited, named the Great Weaver. As her cult grew among the people, they built her subterranean tombs, and brought their dead for her to feed on. When rumor of this cult reached a pair of heroes from another lost people, they came to battle this fierce being. In the resulting battle, they slew her but as the cost of being cursed, along with the entire cult. The closer they were to the tombs, the more spider-like they became. The aftermath created the spider folk, and giant spiders.

After a moments, a servant had appeared to let Beryl and Mr. Fiegenbaum inside. The help all wore smiles on the faces, but their greetings of "It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Feyal" were insincere for the most part. "It must be the time." Beryl thought sleepily. "They don't want to be up this late either."

Finally, High Lady Dvorak arrived in the hallway. She was very intimidating, though she likely didn't intend to be. She was a full head taller then Beryl was, and the younger noble had to tilt her head up to get a good look at her. The High Lady of Tiral stopped in front of her two visitors- and then she did something really intimidating.

Lady Dvorak gave Beryl a hug.

The younger noblewoman managed to keep her composure, but on the inside she was panicking. "What? Mr. Fiegenbaum didn't tell me this would happen!" she thought, as her eyes stared off into space. "This... This is so unprofessional!"

Fiegenbaum coughed softly, and Beryl went red in the face. She hastily curtseyed, causing her crown to fall over her eyes. Going redder still, she pushed her crown back into place and looked at Lady Dvorak timidly. "Food? Bed?" She looked at her advisor, who was rubbing the bridge of his nose in exasperation. She looked back at the noblewoman. "But... I thought... Business?" she squeaked.

"Oh no! I'm messing it all up! Our diplomatic relationship with Tirial will be ruined!"
Sionad Tundra and Valleys / Re: Aurora's Snowflake {Private}
« Last post by AlmighyXcavus on Today at 11:43:24 AM »
"Talk will not explain what is about to happen to you. My champion." Sathurra threw Taiga onto her back as the two flew up to the Aurora Borealis and dropped her off onto the only tangible space. "Please do not take this the wrong way at all, this is only for the ritual, I promise." Sathurra shifted into her human form and took off all of Taiga's clothing barring her undergarments. "Im surprised that an elemental like you has no sexual desire given your physique. Its of no matter, now please hold still.

Sathurra's hands began to glow. She stood on one foot as if she was a ballerina. She proceeded to dance ever so elegantly around Taiga. Snowflakes appearing all over her, and then 6 crystals formed a hexagonal pattern around Taiga. The crystals began to glow a shimmering light. They all beamed into Taiga, no the element itself. A surge was felt, Sathurra graciously walked into the beams and embraced Taiga. She kissed her for only a moment. The crystals began to float high and started to circle the two rapidly before exploding into a giant snowfall. A white light appeared to fall down into Taiga's arms. Sathurra grabbed Taiga's clothing and put it back on her once more.

"The light is your new staff, it will manifest into whatever image you want it to be. Now the ritual is complete, you are now bonded to the guardians. But not just your physical form, your elemental soul as well, for now and forever more. You are my champion and now the true protector of the tundra. The only people aware of this are my siblings and yours I promise you. You may call upon any of us whenever need be." Sathurra bowed to her new champion while smiling "please accept this blessing champion."
She gingerly took his hand and stepped into the lake. "When we get back, I have to get a new job."

He looked away for a moment, giving her enough time to gain a bit of a backup plan. She waved her hand around the nearest soul, golden energy being absorbed into her moonstone. With her magic in the unpredictable state, she needed some kind of tie to steady magic, and no magic is as pure as that taken directly from a soul.

"And I'm kicking your ass for dragging me down here," she said, smirking at Excalith. "You know I can, too! Let's get going. I've only been to this next level once, so I don't know what's going to happen. Are you ready for this?"
Wester Highlands / Re: Snow? This Time Of Year? (SDB!)
« Last post by SilverDragonsBlood on Today at 09:50:17 AM »
Watching the boy's physical reaction to the mention of Hildegarde was fascinating. Simply by hearing her name, he appeared to be filled with more thoughts and anxieties than Taiga had ever seen before. In a slightly sadistic way, she took pleasure in seeing how uncomfortable he got.

His cat, on the other hand, seemed to give off an energy that could've been interpreted as arrogance. Then again, that's always what cats do.

"Eckhart," Taiga said, smiling with a slight shake of her head. She put her hand out, palm towards him, and chuckled. "Kid, relax." She put her hand on her hip. "Damn, you really do have demons in your ear, don't ya? Never mind that. I just wanted to know who I was talking to."

Once again, she sized the boy up. Amazing that a young man so timid and insecure could be the brother of a woman as strong and respectable as Hildegarde.

"I know of your sister, but I don't need to get on her good side or anyone else's. Honestly, I didn't like her, but I respected her. She owned who she was. And I'm not gonna kill you; no point in it. I'm Taiga, by the way."
Kunata / Re: Flaming Hearts {OPEN, PM to join}
« Last post by SilverDragonsBlood on Today at 09:34:16 AM »
Yeah, Exon thought. At least we're not dead yet.

He helped her get back to her feet, looking at the Devourer as it tried to vanish in the treetops. Feldler raced after it, barking up every tree it moved to. Damn dog wouldn't give up!

Exon looked at what remained of the shack, thinking of how close they were able to get to the Devourer and how strongly the blast had effected it. He felt his heart start to race, and his eyes looked at his barking dog who was smart enough to keep a distance from the creature.

"Steel is barely doing anything," Exon thought aloud. "Rena, I can't believe I would even suggest this, but that thing has to be stopped before it reaches the city." He pulled out another bomb. "This thing blew it backwards with enough force to destroy the shack, but it did almost nothing physically. What if it explodes..." His voice cracked; the Maoin was far from comfortable in this kind of situation. "What if it explodes...internal ly?"
Excalith was baffled at his own stupidity. So much so that he punched himself. "Wow, I'm an idiot... Whelp time to go for a swim!" Excalith ran his hand along the scythe blood dripping all over as he threw the droplets into the lake. He stepped in the lake, as expected she was right, the lake cooled thanks to the blood.

Excalith extended a hand out towards Julianna "Well? You gonna come in or what?"
Port of Ainu / Re: Awaiting an Arrival [Private: Smiley & Xcav]
« Last post by AlmighyXcavus on Today at 08:25:13 AM »
Lakiillo regained his breath once more. She gives me the shivers. Lakiillo made his way over to Otikoro and nudged him a bit from a sense of borderline fright. "Who was that woman? What was the whole king deal? And how the hell did you find me so fast?"

Lakiillo was worried immensely. This was the first woman he's ever been with that actually terrified him. He wanted answers and he wanted to make sure she wasnt going to come back.

In the ocean...

Creatures of the deep, I have lost my king, I seek assistance in finding him! Serunai's attempt at communicating with the rest of the sea creatures were futile, for no one remembered her. She was a memory long forgotten at this point. She swam back to her sea bed in defeat. Crying into the bed she started to scream. "OTI! WHERE ARE YOU MY KING? I WANT MY KING BAAAACK! AAAAAAAH!" Tears streamed down her face as she remembered what she had done to her lover and her past mistakes.
Kara sat Dark up for a moment and embraced him with a sincere hug as she spoke into his ear. "You had an accelerated pregnancy. All of your children, every, single, one was stillborn. Dark please dont take this the wrong way ok? Heck I even had an old friend of mine come and make sure that each and every one of them were taken to Paradise." Kara's voice began to break, "I'm so-sorry Dark. I had to give you a discount C-section in order to get them out. I didn't want you awake because I could only imagine the pain you would be in. Please forgive me..."

This was unnatural for Kara, this display of emotion only came out at something she truly despaired. The death of children was no exception to this. She remembered each one of their cute little faces and the realization that each one of them were stillborn. It brought a tear to Kara's eye. "I'm sorry..."

Kiron was being handled by a group of women as he perused through the markets. He caught a glimpse of Taiga and what he presumed to be her brother Otikoro. Kiron snuck his way away from the girls and sat a fair distance away observing the ritual they were performing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10