Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Serendipity Castle / Re: To Be Found
« Last post by DragonSong on Today at 07:31:45 AM »
Anoria was not much of a fan of the slow march of mortals, but she bit her tongue and traveled with them rather than taking a shortcut through her home Realm.

The horses at least were pleasant company, if nothing else.
Northern Serendipity / Re: Chasing Secrets
« Last post by DragonSong on Today at 07:30:05 AM »
Serena felt eyes on her back and a tingle traced up her spine. Under her cloaca, she gave a subtle flick of her fingers, a signal to her familiars. The cats dispersed soundlessly, slinking into the shadows to wait and watch.

Warily now, the witch wove her way gracefully through the tables and took a seat at a smaller one closer to the door, back protectively to the wall.

A serving boy approached and she smiled, trying to dampen the feeling of being hunted. "Just some porridge, thank you," she murmured, and the server scurried off to get her food.

Clicking her fingers against the table, Serena sent out a gentle pulse of magic- nothing fancy, just trying to ascertain a general sense of the intent of the person watching her.

Nothing. She couldn't feel anything.

Well that was odd. And vaguely terrifying.

Quietly, not raising her head, she noted, "Its rude to stare, you know."
Tuor Ocean / Re: Catch of the Day [m]
« Last post by DragonSong on Today at 07:22:12 AM »
It took longer than his mother's transformation, but after a minute or so Morgan had a chubby little tail of his own, glittering with deep purple scales. He slicked his tail fin in the water, sending droplets arcing through the air, and made a gurgling sound that seemed rather pleased.

Aura-lee leaned into Hydra's side as she watched him, careful to keep the length of her tail curled around him in a protective barrier while her hands supported his tiny body. She twisted her head slightly to look at her mate, biting her lip.

"I...I don't know," she murmured. "I don't know what to do either." She sighed and let her head rest against his shoulder. "I could...get a job? The woman at the inn said I could come to her if I needed work- but someone has to look after Morgan."

She stroked the baby's tail absently and two of his arms flailed a bit, splashing gently in the surf.

With another quiet sigh the siren twisted her head to kiss Hydra's neck. "We should go back in," she murmured. With a guilty wince, she added, "You must be freezing."
Sionad Tundra and Valleys / Re: Skulking in the Fjords [OPEN]
« Last post by Lucy_Victoria on Today at 05:52:53 AM »
The wolf sighed audibly. He sat for a while enjoying the warmth. This was appealing to his human side. He was resilient to the cold due to his thick silver fur but he still felt it it's chill. He curled up next to the thing quite comfortably. In his thoughts though he knew the hour was getting later and this was the only thing he'd found on this tracking expedition.

After a short rest he knew it was time to leave. The days were dragging on. It had been weeks since he'd even caught the vague  scent of either of his sisters.

He yawned and stretched wearily. He wagged his tail at the golem in thanks before he began to trot off. He seemed to remember there was a cave nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Questions and Suggestions / Re: Creating a City State
« Last post by GoblinFae on Today at 05:34:55 AM »
Our admin and creator @Viscount Rhi-Rhi would need to approve this after a great deal of thought and questions. They would need to make sure your lore would mesh with the lore we currently have as well as the lore that is being created behind the scenes for things were currently in the works on creating.

However, we do have a board for non-canon shenanigans should you and your friends wish to use that one instead. It does not require approval and anything goes from blowing up the entire world in the apocalypse to it raining literal cats and dogs.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to give a shout!
Questions and Suggestions / Creating a City State
« Last post by A possible Member on Today at 02:07:30 AM »
Hello, four of us, including myself are interested in starting a city state on an uninhabited land. Is this possible? We have the lore for the city state and the course our characters will take to found it. However I'd just like to know if we have the green light so that we can join and get started.
Sirantil Valley / Re: Through a Glass Darkly
« Last post by Draconian on August 21, 2017, 10:35:02 PM »
If Aveline had had a drink, surely she would have spat it out.

"Excuse me?" she hissed, voice soft and barely above a whisper. Sure she'd suggested that he touch her. Sure she was worried he might like men but... That was just rude! To speak of such things. Aveline's porcelain skin flamed red and she riffled through the secret pocket in her dress for a fan. A loud thoorp and she was fanning herself, tight ringlettes of curls bouncing about in the air.

She grabbed Mercuxio's hand and tugged him along, poking her head into every which room until she found a vacant study. "You can't just suggest that. Practice... Practice?" Huffing she crossed her arms over her chest, flushing still and at a loss for words, "Fine. If that is what you wish. You are, after all my husband. Fulfilling your husbandly duties," She scoffed, fanning herself again, clearly uncomfortable with the conversation now that it was actually a vocal thing.

"More like fulfilling my wifely duties. Hurt and messes, that's what my mother said it would be and the sooner that's over and done with the better," She huffed and looked away, supporting her fanning elbow with her free hand. "Was there anything else, Husband?" She asked coldly, amber eyes narrow. It had been such a nice mid-morning-afternoon, too.
Tuor Ocean / Re: Catch of the Day [m]
« Last post by Draconian on August 21, 2017, 10:29:12 PM »
Well shit.

He had himself a little mermaid family.

Hydra had only let go of Aura-lee's legs so they could be in the water. He kept two of his arms against her back, one resting at her hip and the other resting at her ribs. The water was bitterly cold but Hydra didn't care. He needed to protect his family.

For an irrational moment he worried that she'd swim off with his son. Go live somewhere under the sea together. Find her family again. Hydra pressed a kiss to her temple and watched as his son's lower half turned into, well. Fish bits.

"Well, ain't that something," He said softly wondering just how the rest of his life was going to go. He had to support them. He'd have to make them things. Buy them things. He'd already failed. The baby had nothing or next to it.

"I don't know what to do, Aura-Lee,"He whispered, looking up at the sky before he nuzzled down into her hair, "I never pictured my life like this and i'm at a grand loss as to what I'm supposed to do now."
Plotting Center / Relationship for Rima
« Last post by Catalina on August 21, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »
Rima Ryder: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=24158.msg360273;topicseen#msg360273

I'm looking for the boyfriend or girlfriend for Rima here(aiming for a boyfriend but a girlfriend would work also) :D since I want at least two of my characters in a relationship. Basically she is everything written in her profile XD just a calm and happy person who has a few problems but hey don't they all have a few problems? PM is you have a char or two that might work :D
Sionad Tundra and Valleys / Re: Skulking in the Fjords [OPEN]
« Last post by ScoutDoggo on August 21, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »
It wouldn't be noticed by the other, but the golem felt better when the other approached it. "Doggy.." It groaned, reaching out a hand to hover just above the wolf's head. It knows that putting its hand on the wolf directly would scald it, so this is as close as it can get.

Its heat emanated from its metal, functioning like an industrial heater, and spouts of flame would occasionally flick out from the gaps in its armor, possibly singing the wolf's fur.

"Good Doggy.." It seems to have taken a liking to the wolf. It'd probably hug him if it were possible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10