Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Recent posts

Coastal Serendipity / Re: Latent Dream (Summervale) ...
Last post by GoblinFae - April 25, 2024, 06:48:32 PM
He nodded in understanding and carefully stepped in closer to wrap his arms around Fletcher and nuzzle against the side of his head. Something still felt off. Was it because of what had been overheard? Theo sighed and squeezed a bit tighter. 

"I had no idea, I'm sorry. I just was thinking out loud. Everything is silent to my ears but sometimes my head gets too loud. I'm sorry I let my anxieties and worries get out to you before I was ready to discuss them properly with you. It has everything to do with me and nothing to do with you. Just...I know something is bothering you and I don't know maybe it's just because you're tired or too much time posturing but...I was just trying to sort out my own stuff before dumping it all on you. Give you some space. Give me some space so I'm not just this neurotic Pretty Boy."

Theo pulled back enough to look at Fletcher proper. "As for you, you're clever, kind, gentle, have your own wicked and bawdy sense of humor, have the most heartbreakingly beautiful smile, and you out of everyone in the whole world make me feel like I'm—" he choked up and had to take a moment to try and blink away tears. "Like I could maybe be enough. Like I'm not a broken discard. Like when you say you aren't going anywhere, you out of everyone will actually keep to your word and stay because you said you would."
Last post by Nightcrawler - April 25, 2024, 05:42:55 PM
Fletch squinted at Theo's hands, but said his response aloud. "What? Oh. No. It's just your room and it's just mine. Can't hear fuck all in the hall, don't worry. I think you'd have to be yelling for it to carry that far. I just, erm, didn't think it was right for you not to know." He tilted his head, still far more serious than he'd been that morning. "You can have anything," he said. "Whatever you want from me. If it's a shag though, I'll need a smoke first."
Last post by GoblinFae - April 25, 2024, 05:28:52 PM
The more Fletcher talked the more his cheeks flushed and eyes widened. He could be heard? How long had that been a thing? Was he that loud? Had he been failing to regulate his volume all this time? Were the walls that thin? What else had others heard? What else had he let slip? Could the guards hear him outside the room?

Had Elijah known?

Theo fought to bury the thought so he could focus on Fletcher instead. "I mean...you still have an eye," he laughed nervously. He was completely overwhelmed with emotion though and once more was fighting off tears. 

"Can I—" Theo cut off his whisper and made all manner of distressed faces before switching to sign. "Is it safe? Can I have a hug? I have so many questions. I'm so sorry."
Serendipity / Circe, healer mage
Last post by wandering_giraffe - April 25, 2024, 04:18:31 PM

QUICK STATS

NAME
Circe

Sexuality
Pansexual....probably

Species
Human

Height
5'8

Occupation 
Mage

Residence
Serendipity

IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description
Circe is 5'8, lithe and generally athletic. Circe has got brown eyes that seem to sparkle, and they kind of are reminiscent of doe eyes. His skin is lightly tanned.
He wears a white tunic, with tan pants, brown leather boots, and a leather belt with a few potions. Accessorizing his clothes are two leather brown shoulder pauldrons. Not because he fights. Far from it, actually, he's never killed someone before. Or harmed someone. He just wears them because they were cool and he saw them at a merchant stand and had to buy them. 
Circe's hair is sandy brown and slightly wavy; and he keeps it cut shoulder length.
His staff is an enchanted green and silver rod, and he can activate it to be longer if needed. He wears two silver chains for jewelry, and wears several simple silver bands on his hands. 

Personality
"Diamonds, if you think about it, are just polished coal." 
Circe has got this innocence to him. He sees the best in people and genuinely believes that even the worst people can be redeemed.
He's shy, and doesn't go around telling people he's a mage. Which can result in some funny situations when he just casually whips out his staff when he thinks people aren't looking. 
Circe is slightly religious, believing in some higher power, for how else could he have gotten his magic? That's what he thinks anyways. 
Circe is scared to death of dragons. He's never seen one and does not plan to. 

Magic/Abilities
Circe is a mage, and can heal significant, fatal, and minor injuries.  He doesn't know this yet but he can also use his magic to fight. (Good luck getting him to do that lol)

Last post by Nightcrawler - April 25, 2024, 03:46:36 PM
"No, no. Think I need it to clear my head, honestly." He frowned slightly and considered what he'd originally come in there to say, tried to find a delicate way to put it, failed, and decided just to go for it. "Right. Theo. You should probably know something first, or you'll think I'm a mind-reader for saying what I'll say in a minute. Any noise you make in here, I can hear in there. Any noise," he emphasized. "Actually makes it hell to go to sleep sometimes. Point being..."

Fletcher raised a hand and started counting off his counterpoints on each finger. "You've fucked up nothing. You aren't hurting me, love, and you'll know it if you do. You deserve what makes you happy, and I dunno how in the everliving fuck I'm that for you, but I'm sure as shit not arguing with it if it means I get to be with you. And I could say the same to you: you're sharp and witty and you've a bleeding heart and you've somehow convinced yourself that an eyeless alcoholic is your answer. There's two sides to everything. Wish you'd ask me before going off thinking yours is the only truth, here."
Last post by GoblinFae - April 25, 2024, 03:31:02 PM
Theo squeaked seeing the door open but his face lit up a bit to see his love standing in his doorway. He popped up out of bed, tossing the covers off and moving further into the room.

"A walk would be lovely...if you're not too tired that is. Don't have to drag me with you."

He wobbled some looking very much like he wanted to step in but holding back out of safety and uncertainty.
Last post by Nightcrawler - April 25, 2024, 03:16:03 PM
He was halfway through rolling his second when Theo started up again. He was so used to it by now that he didn't even bother to look up at the nanny door, just nodded and sighed along and replied as though he was part of the conversation. 

"No, you're not. You definitely don't, love. You deserve better. Not hurting me, you ridiculous thing, just don't like seeing you doing that with her." But the more Theo went on, the more he got a pit in his stomach at the knowledge that the man didn't know he could hear him. It had begun to feel like spying. Grumbling to himself, he finished rolling and got to his feet, swinging the nanny door open just in time to see Theo chuck a pillow. He leaned in the doorway and waited for the man to finish.

What he should have said was that he could hear every noise in his own room like he was standing right next to the man. What he said instead was, "Yeah, I can't, either. Can't wait to ruin her fucking life over this. Meantime: want a walk and a smoke?"
Last post by GoblinFae - April 25, 2024, 03:00:10 PM
His shoulders drooped some but Theo offered a tired, friendly smile before entering his room. Part of him had hoped Fletcher would join him and they could get some more alone time together in. Truthfully though he was exhausted and heart-heavy.

He changed out of his sash and over robe before collapsing into his bed. The blankets were pulled up over his chin and he stared out the window at the sun filtering through the tree leaves.

How was it that even though he wanted her gone, he was still so badly stung by it all? And then there was Fletcher. Was the game too much? Was he already having second thoughts? Was he angry with Theo or just holding distance? Could Theo himself even keep up with all of this? Should he?

He wanted to. 

The man told him to be greedy and he was but he'd seen the coldness from Fletcher and found himself unsure if it was an act or his fault or both. He wanted to run up to the other door and slip in. To crawl into his lover's arms and melt. To get up to mischief and be reassured.

But he stayed put. A sigh fell from his lips as he rolled onto his back and he stared up at the canopy.

"You're fucking this up, Theodore. What are you doing? You don't deserve him. You really don't. You're just hurting him.

"He said be greedy. You're supposed to trust him like you've asked him to trust you. He's an adult making adult decisions. He thinks it's worth it then it's worth it right? He's confident, experienced, worldly...

"Then what am I?" Theo groaned and sighed to himself rubbing at his face. He growled and chucked a pillow off the bed. "She drives me crazy. Can't stand her!"
Last post by Nightcrawler - April 25, 2024, 02:14:24 PM
Fletcher paused near Theo's door and looked the man over. Now that he took in the full sight of him, he did seem genuinely exhausted by the ordeal. Fletch didn't blame him for it. Truthfully, he could use the time himself to sneak in another drink and a long smoke out on the grounds. And after all that he'd witnessed today, and the whiplash he'd felt from their embrace in the closet to Theo's barbed words and flirtations in the piano room, he thought he could use a moment to get his head on straight again. He shrugged. "Yeah, alright. I'll see you around, then, sir."

With that, he nodded his farewell and retreated to his own room. He had himself a swig of whiskey, then sat down on the bed and began to roll himself a few cigarettes.
Last post by GoblinFae - April 25, 2024, 01:44:41 PM
He glanced and caught Fletcher's words and nodded slightly, looking utterly distracted by his own thoughts. Quietly, Theo led them both back up to his room. 

"I think I may lay down, if you desire to rest in your room or switch shifts for the rest of the afternoon and evening I understand. I know training Mr. Truckett and monitoring my safety are doubly taxing for you right now."