Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Bitterest Heart Refuses To Be Saved (Dris)

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2009, 12:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Shadow came up behind him. When it related to him, she couldn't seem to figure out why she was doing things. She, with no hint of emotion, asked, "Where are you going?" She couldn't stand to see him scrambling around up here. It was getting to her. She thought it pathetic. She was comepletly soaked, but didn't seem to care.

Anonymous

Saeilith had come to a particularly hard cliff to climb. It took him a while, and his hands had begun to bleed, but he did not care, he was going to finish this, and even if he may never use his hands again, he was going to make sure that Shadow did not stay the way she was, the darkness eating away from the inside. As he reached the end, he saw feet. Shadow. She asked him a question, with no feeling whatsoever. "Well now, you will know soon enough anyways." Then he continued along, looking away from Shadow, afraid that she might see his love, and that it might destroy what he was working toward.

Anonymous

Shadow stared down at him. What at troublesome person. In saying he cared if she died, he had given himself a death sentence. She thought she should probabaly kill him. But, she thought, it wouldn't hurt too much to keep him alive. She picked him up roughly by the arm and dangled him of the edge of a cliff. "Why...do you care if I die? You...are getting in the way of my family problems. To be honest, I really don't want to kill you, because that would set a bunch of people off to kill me. What do you want from me?" She stared at him with a steely glare.

Anonymous

It was such a troubling evening. The rain was starting to annoy him, it was slowing him down a lot. He felt himself being picked up by his arm. A sigh escaped his lips. For the first time since he met Shadow's gaze with his left eye, Saeilith looked into her eyes, tears streaming down his face. It was such a trivial thing to cry over. But he was crying, why? Because he loved her? Because she couldn't see that? "What I want?" Saeilith cried out. "What I WANT? I want you! I can't stop myself from thinking of you! I love you, but you just won't admit it!" He slid out of her grip and fell back down a few feet, but grabbed onto the ground and began to climb as fast as he could, with an adrenaline rush. His tears.

Anonymous

Shadow stared down at him. She didn't realize that???!! What kind of idiot was she? She shook her head. She wanted to scream. She didn't WANT him to love her. It was previously an impossibility. If she just LET this continue, then her world would slowly dissapear right before her eyes, like last time. The darkness within her WAS her, it wasn't a part of her. She couldn't be loved. She hated it now. She hated being liked, as it just reminded her of bad times. "No! Why???!" She twitched. She got a hold of her emotions, and said with eerie calm, "No, you don't love me. If you do, then that means I have to kill you."

Anonymous

Saeilith had climbed up higher when he heard what Shadow had said. His tears had stopped but he did not know if it was ever going to really stop. Shadow was wrong, the darkness inside her wasn't a part of her, it was covering the real her. And that was where she was mistaken. Was it really  bad times? No! It was the times that she believed were the happiest. But since it turned bad, she felt she didn't ever want to lose anything ever again, and closed her heart to any kind of love and let it rot. But he could still save it. "Well then, Shadow, you are going to have to kill me."

Anonymous

Shadow scowled at him. "No, I can't kill you. Yet." She sighed, annoyed, and said, "Don't you understand, fool? Loving me will just end up as a big giant mess. I don't love you, sorry kid, but I don't. You haven't lived near as long as I, you haven't seen the things this cruel world can bring." She stared at him, climbing around on the cliff. She almost felt sorry for him. "Forget about me, kid. You have better things to do then falling off a cliff for me."

Anonymous

"You might be right, you most likely don't like me at all." Saeilith grinned. "That is why I came here to look for two special things, one of such is going to give me immortality." He sighed. "But it doesn't matter what you say, I love you, even if you kill me, I will still love you in heaven or in hell." he continued to climb. "The thing is, Shadow, do you really know what you think? the truth?"

Anonymous

Shadow looked at him as if he were very stupid. "...I know my own thoughts..." She shook her head. And an evil chuckle escaped her lips. She flashed an eerie grin. "If you knew my true thoughts, they would make you scared as hell of me." She looked into the distance. "You want to be immortal, huh? Guess that's a good thing, living longer will sure put a thing or two in that empty head of yours."

Anonymous

It was Saeilith's turn to give an evil grin. It did not fit his profile but it looked evil enough. "How well do you really know yourself?" Sael laughed. "You are so-o lost in yourself, so intent on grasping onto darkness because you think its the only thing you have left, you don't even see how uncertain your voice is, your thoughts, your body language." he paused. "The thing is, my mind may be empty and I may be an idiot, but you mind is so filled of crap, so lost in a maze, you are far worse off them me."

Anonymous

It was Saeilith's turn to give an evil grin. It did not fit his profile but it looked evil enough. "How well do you really know yourself?" Sael laughed. "You are so-o lost in yourself, so intent on grasping onto darkness because you think its the only thing you have left, you don't even see how uncertain your voice is, your thoughts, your body language." he paused. "The thing is, my mind may be empty and I may be an idiot, but you mind is so filled of crap, so lost in a maze, you are far worse off them me."

Anonymous

She remained grinning evily. "Ha, I may be crazy, but I'm still alive. That's all that really counts." She looked down at him. "In situations, I'm doing much better than you." She looked down at him and sighed. "You know...in trying to help me, you're hurting Amber. In trying to help Amber, you're drawing my sword to your neck. Stop pulling on the strings and leave this alone. You can't save her from me, You can't save me from being crazy." She swept down and kissed him on the cheek, then grinned evily again. "Sorry, kid."

Anonymous

There was far more then he wanted to say but he did not know what else to say. "Amber is Amber, she said that it was all right for me to try and save you." Saeilith lied. "But the thing is, in not helping you, Amber ends up with far too much hate and regret, and you fall farther away to waste." He glared at his path. "Whatever you may think, even if you really believe everything you say, I am doing what I believe in, not just to help you for myself, but to help Amber and you." He tilted his head. "Thanks for the kiss, it was nice, but I have to do what I have to do."

He left her far behind, climbing at speeds far too fast for a human. Maybe he wasn't, maybe he had never been human.

Anonymous

Shadow watched him climb. Damned spider-monkey. She shook her head, and narrowed her eyes at Saeilith. 'I'm going to continue being who I am, even if it destroys me. And, If I die, Amber is going down with me.', she thought bitterly. She apparently had to bring him along into their arguements, and she was going to fight Amber and him to the bitter end. She yelled after him, "What is with you and being so frustrating?!"

Anonymous

Fustrating. That was what Shadow had called him. Was he really? Saeilith didn't think so. No, what it was called was not being annoying, or fustrating, but being determined. He had a job to do, even if that job had to do with someone else who didn't want the job done. He looked over his shoulder at Shadow and shouted back his word. "Sorry!" He couldn't say much more without lying.

Anonymous

Shadow swooped by him, very annoyed looking. "WHY do you like me? I'm endangering Amber. Honestly, I don't see anything about me that would appeal to you!" She picked him off the cliff and started to fly him to the top of the cliff. "It's so agitating, seeing you struggling up the cliff." She set him down at the top, (there was still a ways to go, but it was more a gradual slope) and held him for a moment longer. Then, she ran off. In the distance, a dragon roared, and another roar answered it. The eerie sound continued, and the sound for which the mountains were named for echoed.

Anonymous

To him, it was obvious. He had done soo much for so many people, yet he had never him happy. It was quite obvious to him that god was not going to allow him to love just one person. God wanted to torture him it seemed. He barely noticed Shadow picking him up and dropping him off a bit higher, or what she said. But he did hear it nonetheless. He sighed and watched Shadow walk off. "Because, I do! Because You are you, even if you are quite an evil one, I can't stop myself!" He shouted after her and continued along.

Anonymous

Shadow ran and ran. She didn't really know where she was going, just foreward, backward, everywhere. She ran up a steep slope, and sat on the edge of a large cliff. She looked down off the edge, and didn't seem to notice the tears that came and slid down her cheeks. Saeilith was  nearby, and could probabaly see her, but she didn't care. Her tears were black, and as they hit the ground, they let off a tiny bit of steam. She tilted her head to the sky and let out a dragon's roar. It voiced her emotions better than words, and was a mix of sorrow, confusion, and if you looked deep into her eyes, you could tell that all she wanted was for this thing to end and for her life to end with it. She felt like she was being ripped apart and put back together in the wrong way. She didn't know how she felt Saeilith, but she could tell it was changing her. Shadow didn't know why, but she wanted him with her, next to her. Shadow said, "You, come here!" in a demanding voice with a hint of a growl. She shook slightly and corrected  herself, repeating, "Saeilith...come here." In a softer tone of voice.

Anonymous

Climbing. Climbing still, in the freezing rain. Saeilith was shivering without knowing that he was. He was too intent on finishing his mission. A mission that could tear his heart in half, but had to be done, nonetheless. Clenching his teeth, Saeilith hurtled faster up the cliff, vaguely seeing Shadow somewhere above him, sitting at a ledge. His heart leaped out to her, but he pulled it back in, she didn't want him. It was when a droplet of something hit him and burned him. It caused him to spasm and releasing his hold. Adrenaline rushed, he was holding onto nothing, his body touching nothing. His reflexes saved him as as quick as a snake biting its victim, his hands shot out and clutched the cliff wall.

Still shivering, hands bleeding slightly, and his shoulder slightly burned, Saeilith continued. He had almost missed the roar that sounded incredibly like a dragons, but Sael knew. It was Shadow. He didn't hear anything for a while, and began to climb again. He had almost reached Shadow's perch when he heard her voice.

"You, come here!" Then, more softly. "Saeilith . . . come here." He glanced slightly upwards, and what he saw shocked him to the core. Shadow was crying. Crying black tears. He nodded to himself and hoisted his tired body onto the ledge and walked slowly to Shadow. He sat himself next to her and stared into the distance. "It sucks being loved huh?" Saeilith whispered. "Hurts a bit, everytime you look at them, but not always bad." His words came straight from his heart. "It feels as if you are being taken apart, and put back together, but in the wrong order." He paused. "But what I figured out, was it wasn't the wrong order, but the correct one."

He was silent for a bit. Then he wrapped his arms around Shadow.

Anonymous

Shadow wasn't used to being hugged. She stiffened slightly at his touch. She caught her tear on her hand, and it cooled. It dripped onto the ground. She remained silent for a while. Another tear fell onto her hand. This time, it burned her index finger. She didn't seem to care, and the same thing happened and her palm got burned lightly. She then closed her eyes, and said, "I'm a killer....hanging around with me isn't the safest idea."