Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Bitterest Heart Refuses To Be Saved (Dris)

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2009, 12:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

He could feel Shadow stiffen against his body as he hugged her. Hugging someone who hadn't been hugged after soo long, after losing all hope for love, hugging was something that she obviously was not used to anymore. He released Shadow slightly, but kept one arm draped around her neck, keeping her close, the rain pelting down on them. "Everyone is a killer, Shadow, do you think I haven't killed many people?" He paused. "I have, though some of them had it coming, some didn't. And even if it isn't the SAFEST idea, I love you, and I will hang with you till the end."

Anonymous

Shadow went to the very edge of the cliff, looking down through the sheets of rainfall. She stood, and said, "Unfortunatly...that end you speak of is nearer than you think. I can't love you, and you can't love me. That is the bitter truth." She bent down and kissed him lightly. "This is goodbye, Saeilith." Her wings and tail dissapeared. She leaped off the edge of the cliff, diving down into the fog and out of his veiw. She hit the rock eventually...as a shadow. He didn't see her die. And he would never know she was still alive. It was the only way. Shadow ran off into the forest, far far away from where she had jumped off.

Anonymous

A feeling of flames engulfed him. He ripped off his eye patch and screamed into the skies. Then something happened. His eye exploded with color (his left eye) and he could see a vague shape of someone running off into the forest. He knew at that point that she was quite alive. He shouted into the heavens again, and jumped. Not down, mind you, but up. And not a few feet, but a few dozen meters. He scrambled at godly speeds, not one of humans. Soon he was at the tip of the moutain. He screamed out. "SHADOW! I'll find you!"

Anonymous

Shadow screamed when she heard him realizing she was still alive. Dammit, this guy was not ever going to leave her alone! She screamed a curse. "NO---!" She ran blindly through the forest, not caring where she ended up, just away. Thoughts raced through her head constantly, all jumbled and not relating. She didn't care about anything except getting as far away from him as she possibly could.

Anonymous

His heart ached, his head pounded. His body was immortal. With a gigantic roar, Saeilith slid down the mountain at the speed an avalanch. A sudden gap, a rift in the mountain, Saeilith roared again and leaped over it. Without breaking a stride, he rolled to break his fall and began to sprint again. The farther she got from him, the more his heart ached the more he felt anger, the more he wanted her. At the a cliff, Saeilith shouted again the third time, and leaped off. He landed in an echoing crash, denting the ground, yet he was not dead after falling over fifty meters. He would not lose her, not when he never had her to begin with. Run.

Anonymous

Shadow couldn't keep running. He was running so crazy, it scared her. She kept sprinting until she could run no more. She collapsed, hitting the ground with a thud. She breathed hard, awaiting the moment he crashed through the trees to her, dreading that moment. She stared at the sky, laying on her back.

Anonymous

As he ran, the rain still pelted against him, but he was no longer shivering. You could actually see him steaming. He wanted her. Wanted her to want him. He sprinted still, but he was no longer mad, Sael didn't think he ever was, just aching for her. He finally reached her. She had fallen and hit the ground with thud, and was now looking into the sky. Saeilith slowed to a walk and strode to her prone form. He looked down as tears still flowed from his face. That was when he lifted her slightly and kissed her with all he could, it might not be enough, but he wanted it to be.

Anonymous

Shadow pulled away from the kiss. It had shocked her. She turned her head to the side and dissolved into darkness. She came out of his shadow, then began to walk away. "We can't be together. Go, or I really will kill myself." She knew she was probabaly killing him. But, she thought, the price was great, but the result was best for the both of them.

Anonymous

It was not just killing him. It was tearing him apart. He hissed a scream out. It wasn't a scream, it was a hiss. "If you think we can't be together, then you have distorted your reality. If you really do kill yourself, then I will kill myself as well." He paused. "Even if I didn't I would still love you, after you died."

Anonymous

Shadow scowled. She said, "Stop it. Just..stop being around me, you lovestruck fool." Her sword was at his throat in a flash. "Distorted reality. No, it is you who is blind, blinded by love."

Anonymous

Saeilith let out a laugh. He couldn't help it. Shadow just couldn't stop being a shadow could she? Lost in a sea of shadows. She thought she was blind. Her feelings were lost to her it seemed. Sael just smiled as the sword touched his throat. "Well now, if you think that, come now, kill me."

Anonymous

Shadow tried to move the sword foreward, but her arm wouldn't budge. She hissed with rage. He was driving her mad. And enjoying it. But, something kept her from chopping his head off. something she didn't get. She lowered the sword and punched him in the arm. "Dammit, you're so annoying! Get out of my face!" She scowled and stalked off down a path.

Anonymous

He watched her run off. More like stalk off. He sighed. He didn't run after her, he didn't shout after her. Saeilith just hoped that she really did like him and would eventually come back. There was much to hope for. He loved her. Lets hope she was the same too.

(Ooc:// I hope I she does LOL)

Anonymous

Shadow appeared about 30 minutes later, behind him, in his shadow, and sighed. She whacked him on the head, not very hard, and said, "Why do you have to be so foolish? I wish you didn't love me. But, I apparently am equally foolish for coming back to you and not killing you."

Anonymous

He continued to walk, and whistling once in a while. Saeilith noticed that the rain was not as hard here as it were up in the mountain, but it was still raining. Half an hour later, something bopped him on the head. He whirled around to see Shadow. He was right! A small smile appeared on Saeilith's lips. "Well now, apparently I am not as foolish as I thought I was." He took off his jacket that was hidden inside inside his bag and drapped it around Shadow. "Though you may not want it, I insist."

Anonymous

Shadow left the jacket on. She sighed again. "If I could outrun you, I would. I'm stuck here. It seems as if I run away, I'll just find you there."  She frowned. "I thought I should show you something..important." She took out a knife and stabbed herself in the chest. She took the knife out. The wound hissed and healed itself. "I can't die. Or...not in normal ways.."

Anonymous

Saeilith smiled as Shadow talked. He was only smiling because he knew that he could outrun her any day. When she stabbed herself, no alarm came to his eyes, he knew that she couldn't. He carefully took the knife from her and stabbed himself in his heart. Though he could feel a bit of pain, when he took it out, the wound healed almost instantly. Which never happened before.

"Well now, I seem to be like you there."

Anonymous

She looked slightly confused for a moment. Then, she sighed. "You know what? I'm not sure if this will make me feel emptier than ever before or better than I ever have felt, so I might as well try and see." She leaned over and kissed him. She still didn't understand her feelings herself. She felt an emotion course through her, stronger than before. It hit her like a lightning bolt. Suddenly she couldn't stop. She had planned to pull away, but she wanted more. She paused, stopping for a moment, and growled quietly at him. "How the hell can I love you and hate you at the same time?"

At that moment, she realized she loved him. But, the story is far from over....

Anonymous

Her words were barely out of her lips when she kissed him. He had kissed her before, but she never really kissed him back. Either she was too suprised or was pissed. Without thinking, he reached around and held her close as he kissed her back. His heart no longer ached, it was on fire! Suddenly she pulled away. He wanted more, but didn't want to pursue. It was when Shadow said the words, he knew. Though she hated him, she also loved him. That was enough.

"I don't know, but I love you enough that even if you hated me, I wouldn't care."

Anonymous

Shadow sighed deeply. What a day. She looked off down the path and saw that the sun was setting. She looked at Saeilith. "Well, It's almost night...And at that, I say goodbye." She swiftly turned around so her back faced him. "I shall go where you can't follow..into the darkness which is me. How long is unknown. I might never come back, but I might just see you in a few days. " She turned into darkness and faded into the shadows.

((You can play out a reaction or something if you want, but we can timeskip a few days/whatever until she comes back.))