Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Help me break in please? :D

Started by Anonymous, October 28, 2009, 05:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hey all! Sorry I've taken so long to finally post here~ @.@ I'm new and would really like to know if someone could help me break back into RPing, and get used to RPing here? ^^;

My current character is Kei'lar Muuran, Essryn trader merchant.

Potential plot ideas:

Kei'lar needs to hire someone (along with the NPC guard) to protect her caravan as it goes north to deliver goods.

There are plans to go to the jungle to hunt for rare flowers and other goods that would make a lot of money if collected, prepared, and traded.

Although, plot-wise, it may be way early, Kei'lar and her first wife would be happy to add a second wife in, especially if it was the end to a long, exciting adventure full of drama. ;o

Kei'lar's first wife, Lumisa, has a dream to have children. If that could be possible in any form or fashion would be an interesting plot-point. I figure to leave that for later.

Scouting out desert paths to take her caravan, since the desert shifts so often. Perhaps meeting at an oasis or even getting abducted by theives? I heard there are some of them roaming about... <.<

Any pretty much anything else that anyone may be interested in. o.o

As it is my sister did just have that baby and I'm in high exam period at school, but I joined here dammit, so I'm posting. XD

Anonymous

I would be happy to help with that.  I have two characters but I think this would be better for Hachen to take.  Eddicus hasn't had experience with desert heat but Hachen has been down there two or three times and he's happy to help anyone out.  Plus a trip down to the jungle, that just sounds plain fun.

Anonymous

Awesome! Would you like to do a trip in the jungle then? :D Kei'lar is going to be down there to hunt out goods - mostly fruit and flowers, maybe some woods or magic things - to sell somewhere else. A rather loose plot, but that just means more chance for random fun!

I could make a topic in a bit if you're interested! I'm watching my brand-new born niece right now, but eh. xD

Would you like me to start a topic? What kinda situation would you like to start with? *brain storms* With a merchant and a mage/explorer that could just be a nice random topic, eh?

@.@ It has been years since I've RPed... XD Forgive me for my rust!!

Edit: How about starting while she (Kei'lar) is hunting for flowers and eventually, somehow, ending up in old ruins/temple/cave-ruins-temple (since that is one of your charrie's interests) that we could play around in for a while? Someone could fall into them after the basic intros, I suppose. I think it sounds like a fun idea.

Anonymous

I love the idea.  As for randomness, I live that way, it's more fun to not know what'll happen.  The idea to meet is good, I couldn't really think of a way to meet but then again I'm not too good at GMing, I only start an RP if need be.  Besides, it fits my characters more to join then to lead.

I think an undiscovered temple would be a good fit for the jungle, so we will meet there then?

Anonymous

Alright, made the topic! Here!

I'm not quite sure where/how to make the temple/ruins show up yet, but I figured it was a set-up of some kind. XD I love random, but I also love to have a vague starter-plan. o.o Then its like, I'm not too lost if random isn't hitting yet. :D But just have fun, you know? Thanks so much for helping!

Its so weird and exciting to RP again. o-o Wee!

Anonymous

I read your characters profile and this should be very interesting.  Hachen is poor and looks dirty.  Plus his companion is a pig, while Kei seems very influenced by money and fine clothing.  This should be fun to RP.

Anonymous

I'd like to join too, is there a spot for any of my characters in your plot?
(you can find them all in the I'm bored thread in this very forum)

Anonymous

I think we might be able to fit someone else in! Do you have someone who would have been beating around a jungle for some reason? I don't think the lords would be there, but one of your other characters might fit. XD As Hachen's character hates booby-traps I figured that if/once he and Kei'lar fall into/find the ruins there would be quite a few of those, making it an epic adventure if twisted in a few really fun turns. It might be harder to do a three-post rotation (I can't remember the last time I was in a thread with more than two people, but I bet if the posts are shorter and faster it is easy) but having a third person along might make it easier to get over any challenges or through any drama that arises.

Or, actually, since a few of your characters are lords, I'd be willing to start up a new thread that dealt with Kei'lar on her merchant-side. Perhaps selling something or starting up a trade route for her caravan? I could use the opportunity, if set in Essryn, to show off her lovely wifey. <3 And try to shake you loose of any money that might come out, too. XD

Anonymous

Both ideas seem fine to me.
Do know, that e.g. your character is created in Adela, you're perfectly free to RP that character in any other location as well.

Syanga could be quite the troublemaker in your story, though he's originally a creature of the sea so that would be challenging. What do you think of him?

Anonymous

That could be really cool.  In fact we could have some of the temple/ruins/cave submerged in water.  I've never RPed in a partly submerged place before.  Plus being a creature tamer we could have some deadly sea creature in there as well.  What do you guys think?

Anonymous

Yeah, I know I could move Kei'lar out beyond Essryn, but I can't think of any reason for her to want to travel that far from home just yet. She would really have to be smelling money somewhere to leave her wifey at the moment.

I was thinking that temple/cave/ruin submerged in water would be awesome! 8D Caves have all sorts of fancy gems, not to mention jungles have all sorts of weird creatures, eh? I could see your Syanga being quite interesting in that situation - but can he survive and explore beyond the water, like in the jungle alright?

XD I think this sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not quite sure how to get everyone to meet, but I trust you guys. :D I'll go with the thread flow and maybe fall in a hole to find the ruins, perhaps, if someone else doesn't first.

Anonymous

Alright ^^
Who will start the thread?

Anonymous

Anonymous