Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Forgotten Doll Found ((Lion!))

Started by Anonymous, November 28, 2009, 07:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ivy didn't mind the rain. It was a part of existence. It didn't matter. "I guess I never needed to use my powers to hurt anyone." She sighed. "The woman who brought me to life was evil, she killed my owner. But, she still was the one who brought me here. So, what do you think I should do? Should I go after her?"

Lion

Grave chuffed harshly.  "No...  Flower should not kill....  Only Grave kill.  Must to survive."  He didn't think a doll could do much damage to anyone, even one only about two feet tall.  But back where he came from there were things that weren't so big that could slaughter things by the thousands, and he wasn't one of them.  He was created with but a single purpose and he was not supposed to think beyond that purpose.  "You want revenge?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Ivy was somewhat amused at seeing a person quickly hurry away at the sight of them. After a moment of silent thinking, she replied, "...Yes, I do. My owner was so nice to me, she took care of me. The woman was who made me forgotten. That woman...I hate her." She scowled. She didn't really think about that woman often, but now that she did, she realized she really did hate that woman. Even though that woman brought her to life, she definatly was an enemy. After all, she cursed Ivy and made her suffer. Who was to blame her for hating the woman?

Lion

Certainly not Grave.  He couldn't blame anyone for hating another.  It seemed it was the natural thing to do, even if one didn't have a good reason for it.  Grave was created to think little beyond his function, but sometimes when he thought about that he found himself suddenly impassioned, as if the very thought that his creator had intended him for so little a purpose and that he was breaking the rules of his existence made him angry.  It was the fact that he had any rules to begin with that made him this way.  When he looked around him and saw mages and priests and scholars, these humanoid beings learning and being free to open their minds without much secrecy....well, he was jealous.  Though, he would never show it.  And in a way, understood the plight of the little doll on his shoulder.  So he patted her gently and asked a question that was rather unexpected, "Should I kill her for you?"  and was far more articulate than the grunts he had been responding to her with.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Ivy was rather surprised. She didn't expect that question...or a sentence. "That would be...helpful.." She looked thoughtful for a moment. "Yes. You should. The only problem is....what is my  purpose after that? Looking pretty...is quite useless when you scare people away by simply talking....or moving." She sighed. "I wonder, is there anyone else like me? Created for a purpose, but never seeming to complete it?"

Lion

Grave was delighted now, though he refused to show it.  He had found a new master.  Though the doll would never hear it from his mouth, he would protect this delicate being for the time that he would be with her.  She seemed so lost and fragile that perhaps she could further his understanding of the world in some way.   And when that was satisfied, he would leave.  Or maybe, when that would happen was still in question.

Graved, unlike the seconds preceding his moment of mental grandeur, simply grunted again and looked up at the buildings around him.  This was unlike the other settlements he'd been in and certainly nothing like the city of Arca or Ketra.  Here it seemed peaceful, as if people wanted to be nestled away in this forest that surrounded them.  But he didn't think he could bring himself to understand why.  "Eat?  Sleep?" he questioned, tucking the previous command of killing her creator for later when he could track her down.  "Kill later.  Rest now."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Ivy laughed a little. It was natural for him to assume that she ate and slept. However, it was the oppisite. "I don't eat. I couldn't if I wanted to!" She said that in an amused tone. "Of course we can rest, but I don't sleep either. However, everyone likes a little time to stop and smell the roses." She looked up at the sky.

Lion

Grave gasped at her in sheer surprise.  "No eat?" he asked again, still disbelieving.  How could someone not eat?  It did not occur to him that because she was a doll, she would have no desire to eat.  Well, this was not a problem.  He didn't really have to eat either and the way he did eat was rather horrifying that it was a sight not for innocent eyes.  Grave patted at the row of teeth along his belly as they remained clasped together.  He could go another day or two without consumption, but after that he would have to find more souls.

"Hm, no eat then."  Grave took them to what appeared to be an empty alley way by an inn and crept along the side, looking in through the building's side window.  "Rest out here or in there?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Ivy nodded. "Yeah...I don't eat. I don't really know what it's like to eat...is it good?" She looked at the inn. Well, she didn't like being in public buildings due to how small she was. People liked stepping on her, it seemed. "How about out here? I don't mind the rain, unless you do." She stared up into the sky.

Lion

Grave shook his head, he didn't mind the rain but he didn't want to stay outside either.  He wanted to try sleeping in a bed that he wouldn't break.  "Inside we go.  Me protect you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Ivy smiled nicely at him. "Thank you." She looked ahead at the building. "So, you'll protect me now, huh?" She looked around her. She didn't see anyone outside anymore. It was just around that time when people went inside.

Lion

Grave smiled an awkward and callous smile to the little doll on his shoulder.  "Yes," he muttered gutterally.  "Me protect you.  You be smashed ...no more."  He patted the doll again and made for the entrance of the building.  He wanted something to eat no more, nothing that would call for him having to eat it whole or while it was still alive.  He found it strange that his normal way of consumption was still so looked down upon, and the normal human way was awkward as it was.  He wasn't used to having to chew what went down his throat.  And the fact that he could taste things was revolting.  Eating should be about sustenance, nothing more.

He entered, ducking under the top of the door, and endured the stares of those that were still in the eating room of the small inn.  Looking at the innkeeper, keep his eyes closed and looking like a small lost child.  "Hm....something to eat."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Ivy looked curiously at Grave. "What do you eat? I don't understand eating, for I have never done it before.." She smiled sheepishly. She really did wonder what it was like to eat. She didn't really get the point of putting something in one's mouth and chewing it. Why didn't they eat it whole?

Lion

He did not think answering her question as of now would be simple enough.  What Grave ate exactly was always up for much scrutiny.  In addition to exactly how he ate it as well.  It wasn't a pleasant scene for sure and most people were horrified when they accidentally spied on him.  That was usually three or four minutes before they returned with their quintessential mob, armed to the teeth (sometimes literally) with their pitchforks and swords and torches and other weapons of mass destruction.  Preferring to avoid mass slaughter, Grave left without protest and went on to the next destination, wherever that was, in search of a master worthy enough of his services.

He walked into the Inn and sat down in a chair that was too small for him and set the tiny doll on the table, smiling awkwardly at her for a short moment.  Just then a waiter came over and, since they were used to getting all sorts of strange guests, he thought nothing of the awkward giant behind the table and said, with a bland smile, "How can I serve ye sir!?"

His mood was far too cheerful than Grave would have liked and he wasn't sure what there was to eat.  "Hmmm," he grunted again...  He knew he wanted something large and fleshy.  "Turkey," he said blankly.  He hoped they had a whole turkey for him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Ivy tilted her head. "I did not know that turkey was an edible bird. Interesting." She looked confused about something. She squinted at nothing in the way people do when they are thinking about something really hard."What's a taste?"