Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Colonies in my mind (Quills!)

Started by Anonymous, March 08, 2010, 02:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"It should be as good as any, if not better." Underground again. This was nice. It was good to feel like she was sort of home again. Maybe after all her adventure was done she could come back to this place. With Hasea of course. They could have a nice life under here, exploring the desert, being warm all the time with a nice cool place to go to if it got too hot...now if only they'd be able to do something about the giant spider wanting to eat everyone.

"I wonder who built all of this...and why...and where they went." When humans built things, they didn't just...leave them empty. They tended to use them a whole lot! At least that's what she had found. Sure they might get redecorated and perhaps rebuilt but...they always were still in them. A slightly worrisome thought was that the giant spider had moved in and ate everyone and no one came back after that but...it looked more like it had been long since abandoned.

"No...tombs...I mean...this looks more like a throne room of some kind maybe?" Sesselav murmured as she looked at the chair in the middle. You didn't often just...put a chair there for your dead did you? She thought humans liked to bury them in the ground, or if they were rich and powerful and respected you put them in a big stone box of some kind that was pretty with decorations. She really just couldn't figure it out.

"But we can go in and pay our respects anyway right? Maybe we can figure out who the people that built this place were." Unless it was just...you know, a tomb raider who met an end here.

Anonymous

"It... It could be..." Hasea nodded. There wasn't really a whole lot inside the room that could say one way or the other, she supposed. It could have been almost anything, like a nursery or a shrine, or a place they kept baby bunny rabbits. Well, maybe not that one. That was probably for the best, since if it was it would have had bunny bones everywhere and that wouldn't have been very nice. She frowned a little at that thought, then looked back at her friend and smiled again. "Mm... We could... Have a look..."

She hesitated for a moment inside the room, leaving just enough space for Sesselav to enter also. Though she didn't really want to, she knew it might be best to go and see what exactly was in the chair and she crept towards it, torch held out in front of her as if the fire would shield her from any danger. It was quickly apparent that the occupant was just about the only thing bonier than Hasea herself: a skeleton. While the pile of bones had fallen to where they now lay, it was clear the person had died seated in that very chair, although the lack of clothing remnants hopefully hinted that this wasn't any kind of recent development. Not that this helped Hasea much; she backed towards the wall with a whimper. "S... Sk... Skull..."

((OK so my idea for it was that there was like a dead queen buried here in the big old box and the skeleton was a priest that was meant to watch over the body forever and ever and stuff idk XD It is hard to describe from character's point of view and also make everything clear so I am just telling you instead because I am a lazy writer haha :P))

Anonymous

((lol, we'll figure it all out don't worry. Then we shall have our grand adventures and be king! KINGS I TELL YOU!))

"So let's go find out." Her friend was in the lead, plus she had the torch so that would help her out a bit more. It didn't seem to be anything dangerous, but she couldn't tell from here. It was an unfamiliar scent, and she was sure meant something...good or bad really. It was about fifty fifty at this point. At least it didn't smell threatening in some way? Her friend crept ever closer as she stayed near the back, watching as she illuminated the chair and the occupant.

A dead person.

Well, not exactly a dead person really. It was just a skeleton, a very old skeleton that was probably very close to just...falling into dust. She had never smelled a skeleton before, at least one that was probably human and this old, so it stood to reason why she didn't know what it was. Her friend however seemed scared, and Sesselav was there quickly to put her arms about her shoulders. "It's alright Hasea...it's just a very old pile of bones...It's not able to hurt you...and from how he's seated I think he went peacefully." He hadn't been tied down, it didn't look like he struggled, and there no arrows or any obvious...weapons in him. Hopefully that would help Hasea.