Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Twist and shout? Try the 'Squirm and Wriggle'

Started by Anonymous, August 04, 2010, 10:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She was really glad to see that her friend cared for her so much. It really showed in the way that she just shrugged her off as if she had been a heavy backpack. Hadn't she saved them from a terrible fate of being eaten by a big swarm of jelly fish. And then called her squid-tits. She had hung around Kelna now long enough that it was slightly an insult but it was also a term of endearment. She was hoping at least.

"Can you just...I just need a few....I'm still not all awake." She groaned at her friend, hoping that she'd be able to just take a few minutes for herself. Quiel still felt really tired, but her friend had been in some form of trouble so she had to wake up and help her. Maybe they could...just find a nice place to have a sleep. Maybe a nice cave would be on the bottom of the ocean and they'd get to enjoy a good sleep.

Slowly Quiel got her bearing and began to swim slowly with her friend. This wasn't very...she didn't like this at all. "I...Kelna. Can we just...go find a nice cave on the bottom and have a sleep. I think you could do with one too...with your headache and all." Quiel asked as she used another tentacle to hold onto Kelna and slow her down a bit more. It really would be a good idea to go to sleep right? Plus it was night and all! That's what you did at night!

Anonymous

"Seriously? Awww maaaaan," Kelna pouted, slowing down again even as she made like she didn't want to. Keeping moving was the only way she was managing to stay awake right now. She doubted Quiel was in any condition to drag her through the water. It was for the best that this headache was beginning to recede rather than worsen, although why was as unknown as the reason it had started. The water around them settled back into its normal gentle currents, the change unnoticed by the exhausted women.

"That'll just make it worse!" she replied with a frown. "Water's too deep here, you know I ain't good with pressure." Quiel was right about one thing though, they did need to find a place to sleep. Neither one of them was all that quick on her tentacles right now and they'd need to be alert in case something like the whale or jellyfish swarm showed up again. Perhaps they could just float on the tide... But what if they drifted off course, or something tried to eat them while they were resting? Huh. They hadn't really planned this one out, had they? Her face tentacles twitched and she frowned harder, deep in thought. "Um, you got any ideas?"

Anonymous

"Sorry...I'll try not to save our lives next time." The squid woman said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. She was getting better at that, but it helped when she was getting to be so connected to the woman. It also helped that she was dead tired and really just wanted to go back to sleep. She could get a little cranky when that happened, but that wasn't really anything special. Most people she found didn't like to be woken up, especially by someone's persisted nagging their ear.

"You're...you should be able to handle those depths..." Quiel complained, unable to really formulate a proper response as to why she should be able to. You'd think someone who was...mostly fish and tentacles would be able to! Most creatures like them could handle higher pressure depths...unless her friend wasn't used to them. She never thought of that really...Quiel found it easy, she was able to regulate a lot quicker, used to high density pressures and evolution gave her some advantages.

Well that wasn't going to be very good.

Quiel began to swim again, trying to keep going and just...think along the way. Standing still would not help them. "We keep going forward. Topography is jagged underwater as it is on land. If we're lucky, we'll stumble upon an underwater mountain range and we'll be able to spend the night there." That would have to be their option, their hope, it would be the only means of survival at this point.