Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Secret of Silence [Sinedra!]

Started by Anonymous, August 06, 2010, 09:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

At first she'd thought it'd be a great idea, but now she was just searching for a place to rest after her day of running around raiding birds' nests. It hadn't been as successful as she'd hoped -a measly three eggs of varying size- for all the hours she'd spent at it, but it would have to do.

Trudging along, she kept one hand on the eggs in her pocket and the other on the small bag of her belongings. Not ready to trek off into the wilderness without knowing where she was going, Lena was keeping to what seemed like a decently marked trail. All the while, though, she kept thinking back to the last egg she'd managed to snatch from the nest of a very angry mother. Shaking her hair out a little, she flinched as a few strands touched the tender skin of her shoulder where the ferocious beast had pinched within its beak.

Tired as she was, she wasn't about to just sit off to the side along the trail in plain view, just begging to be robbed. Her plan was to find some sort of little clearing that was reasonably secluded, but she wasn't thinking about how she would find such a place without actually going off the path. Thus, she walked along with busied thoughts and a closed mind as the light continued to dim.

Anonymous

Great... he had done it again. It had been twice this month that he had been hunted down and about caught. And that's the last time I ever try swindle the village elder's daughter out of a few coins and a night of fun. The only reason he was at the Thunderbacks was because he needed to lay low in Ketra... he was almost famous, or infamous, and had no desire to be the model of some new posters around the city.

Actually, he was walking very quickly right now. That last little town would remember his face for sure. He normally liked to take money or other small trinkets of untold values... this time he figured that a horse would be nice, and it would be a wonderful way to pay back the elder for threatening him. That and he didn't want to walk all the way back to Ketra. Apparently horses don't like to be pulled away from the green grass so abruptly.

This had been clearly demonstrated by the sorrel he dragged behind him now. The pasture had a herd full of the red chestnut horses, he had figured one wouldn't be missed. Sneaking a bridle was no problem, a saddle would have been far more difficult, and getting the bridle on the horse had been a breeze... Yet the moment he had started to pull the stallion away from the other horses his ears were filled with thunderous whinnies and neighs. Managing to make out shouts through the noise, he hopped on the horse's back and fled.

Now he was walking again, it was more difficult trying to ride bare-back than he had imagined, keeping a tight grip on the reigns so he didn't lose the darn animal. Being so wrapped up in his thoughts, he bumped into something or rather someone. Frightened that the villagers had caught up with him, Talis jumped back from the girl with one had going for his dagger.

Anonymous

Not paying any attention to her surroundings, Lena wandered along thinking about how long she might be able to make the three eggs last. Though, just thinking about it was making her even hungrier. Being an egg-snatcher, she'd found, was not her forte. On the same note, she was pretty bad at hunting, trapping, and fishing as well. Usually this left her to rummage around for berries and edible plants, but it was something she grew tired of quickly and often left her attempting sad efforts at the aforementioned.

Being so focused on not dropping or badly jostling her precious cargo, she was walking along as smoothly as she could and staring at the ground intently to mind changes in the terrain. She was completely dumbfounded, then, when she bumped into something. Startled, she stumbled back a bit and looked up to see what she'd walked into only to see a man fumbling for something at his belt. Whatever it was had a high likelihood of being a weapon and she did not want to have to worry about keeping herself alive anymore than she already did. "Hey, hey!" she started, putting her free hand out toward the stranger. "I didn't see you there, sorry about that."

Turning her attention to the eggs in her pocket, she carefully prodded them about with hopes that they were still intact. Relieved that they were, she turned her attention again towards the man and his horse. It struck her a little odd that he wasn't riding the horse, but she chalked it up to him not wanting to guide the animal in the dark like that. "Uhh...you headed anywhere in particular? It's pretty late to be traveling out here." Of course, she was being the model hypocrite in the situation, though she couldn't see that for herself at present.

Anonymous

Of all the things the gods would throw at him in the middle of nowhere just had to be a woman... not that Talis was complaining. While she wasn't like the beauties he had observed closely in Ketra, it was always interesting to see one out of the comfort of pristine dresses and large ornate wagons. Her dirty blond tresses were wonderfully natural unlike his own which was result from neglect.

Giving a charming smile, he withdrew his hand from the hilt of his knife. "Pardon me madame, a reflex. I'm afraid it was as much my fault as your own. As for destination I'm simply wandering now, hoping to run into the next available village." The liar in Talis clicked on as he found a way to explain almost everything.

Frowning, he sent the stallion a hard glare. "You would think that being in the cavalry would guarantee good equipment, yet hardly halfway to my hometown and the ridiculous saddle decides to snap and pull me to the ground with it. Had to run almost a mile to catch this guy." Sending her an embarrassed grin he continued, "So I've been walking all day hoping to either make it home or find a livery."

Well, claiming to be part of a calvary would be hard to check all the way out in the Thunderblacks. Yet it would serve as an excuse for the light armor he wore and the horse lacking a saddle. Women, though, were skilled intuitionists. If she gave the slightest suspicion he could be in trouble once again.