Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A general reminder about harassment and creepsters.

Started by Rhindeer, August 15, 2010, 11:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Here at SotE, we take OOC harassment seriously.

If anything at all ever makes you feel uncomfortable, alienated, or just generally inhibits your enjoyment of the site, please contact an admin or mod immediately so we can handle the situation!

We do not tolerate OOC harassment at all, so if anyone ever tries to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do (anything from trying to force you into a plot you've said you're uncomfortable with to pressuring you to give out personal information), bullies you, personally attacks you, guilt-trips you, harasses you, or just generally creeps you out, please let us know! It doesn't matter if this has taken place in public, over PMs, or over IMs--we want to know, because we do not want people like that on this site and we would much rather them leave than you leave.

And personally, I know what it's like to be harassed online. I don't wish that on anyone, and that's why I want to stomp it out fast if it rears its head here. We're a pretty big game, and I can't always see everything that goes on here, especially if it happens in a private space. So please help me help everyone else here by reporting that kind of behavior.

People like this will usually try and guilt-trip and emotionally manipulate you into believing that whatever has happened is your fault, and that no one else will believe you. They want to isolate you like this--because they don't want you to report them. Whatever happens, just know that we (the staff) will not blame you, and we will take action against the harasser.

SotE is a safe space, so we want it to be a fun, comfortable place for everyone. <3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa