Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cheers, Jeers, and Wanted Leers

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2010, 12:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It wasn't quite night, but it wasn't quite day either.

It was that time when things were going to start getting quieter, but not quite yet. People were still out, shops were still open, and some places were still busy. Horses and wagons rumbled by, people in the market called out their wares, and guards marched by looking impressive and busy. Of course, they were just guards in the quiet little city of Ketra...they weren't really that busy. It didn't matter though, they provided a good service after, they protected those who couldn't protect themselves! Noble in the very least right?

Clanking down the street in full armour was a knight of a different calibre.

The armour was sleek, bright, a bit brighter than steel ever could be, it had such a gloss and shine to it that almost hinted a magical nature, or perhaps an ore of more expensive origin. Expensive to look at, and expensive to make for that matter. It wasn't just fancy to look at though, it was well made and was very good at protecting the person within it. The gauntlets were slightly clawed in form, giving the knight a more aggressive look. The helmet was slitted, it gave the knight a chance to look out easier, but it was dangerous, a thin blade or arrow could penetrate and end the life of the valiant knight...though, the knight was usually too good for that.

The knight was obviously female though, it walked like a woman, the armour had a curve to it that just screamed feminine, and right now the visor was up showing the feminine face. Her sultry eyes were yellow like dark coloured sand. Those seductive eyes looked left and right, taking in the sights of Ketra. The pupils screamed 'I need a man' but the rest them screamed 'Get me a drink.' Though her fiery red eyebrows sort of said 'I'm a whole lot of crazy in this armour.' Lots of expressiveness to her it seemed, not a lot of them were good however.

The Knight finally found a tavern and went inside, desperately wanting to get out of the armour. When she found a table, she touched a hand to the back of her helmet and spoke quietly. "Illum annarin gelde haylossa." The words were strange but fluid, and as she spoke them there were golden lines that crossed over her bright armour. It began to change and shrink, changing into a red low cut top that accented her bosom, and a black skirt that barely reached her knees. She now had on a pair of leather hiking boots, and long fishnet stockings that disappeared under her skirt. Her top had gold trim to it, with little tacky tassells attached to it. Her raid hair was done up in a fancy way with silver ribbons in it, though her slim bangs framed her face still. It helped to show off her pointed elfin styled ears.

"Barkeeper. Could I get some ale over here...if it's not too much trouble?" Her voice was thick with emotions, obviously trying to play up her femininity as she looked over her shoulder with a come hither look. The barkeeper, as well as a few serving people were at her side with an ale. She gave a giggle and took a mug from a female serving girl, winking before she laughed and sat down. Always leave them wanting more after all. Things started to go back to normal, though she was still getting glances.

Ah the mortals, always thinking with their bodies.

Anonymous

Ryvn walked back through the streets of Ketra, the place he despised more than any other. Kaio followed along behind him, her gaze constantly roving, watching the people's straying gazes, their interest in the rider walking the streets so obvious it hurt. They needed supplies, or he wouldn't be able to ride Kaio much longer since his rawhide saddle was wearing down. He had it for years now, but it was time to replace it, as well as time to make one larger so Kaio would be able to keep him safe when they were flying. Ryvn did not want to fall two miles to the ground, as it would not end very prettily for him.

The only time he would ever go into a city was for supplies, and nothing else except for maybe a pint of ale and a nice hot meal, prepared by someone who more than likely had infinitely better cooking skills than he would ever have. He looked around as he walked, his eyes roaming from place to place.  "It's been too long since I've last visited Ketra... I don't remember it being this large." Kaio turned an eye to look down at him 'That's because it's been almost a decade since you've been here.' Kano nodded and shrugged at her statement, going oddly silent. "I'm just glad the city still has some peaceful places." Ryvn commented, seeing a small courtyard off to the side of a tavern. Kaio nodded slightly, indicating her assent to his statement.

Ryvn got an instant idea, he needed a drink, and Kaio needed some time on her own. He stopped, looking up at Kaio. "Kaio, why don't you go take some time for yourself, I'll be around if you need me." Kaio nodded and opened her wings, taking to the sky before Ryvn went inside. Ryvn took a seat at the bar, not too far from a knight., his trench coat hiding his belongings, as well as his armor protecting his torso, which were stowed underneath as well as some in special hidden pockets. His bright blue eyes glanced around the room, his eyes darting from place to place. He made all of his equipment himself, personally to protect himself. It was well made, and his dragon's saddlebags the rest of his armor was hiding. Ryvn was constantly worried of someone trying to kill him. He trusted no one.

Anonymous

There was some commotion from outside, but she wasn't going to pay attention to it. For all she cared, it could be some guy with a dragon walking through town! No one would be that silly though would they? This was Ketra after all, the biggest trading town in Adela...bringing a dragon in with all the guards? Who was gonna do something like that? The commotion seemed over though, and someone wandered into the tavern. Probably just to escape the craziness that had been outside. Idly she wondered what had happened, but it was all over and not really of use to her.

The man looked quite interesting to say the least. Looked like he might be fun to hang around for a little while. They might even be in the same sort of business. Despite her 'new' clothes, she still had a large sword on her back and at her side. Still, if anyone could figure she was a knight, they had to be mind readers to say the least! Taking a small gulp from her cup to empty it somewhat she stood and wandered over to the table with the strange man in the long coat.

He did have nice eyes though.

"You know friend, that looks like an absolutely hot jacket to be wearing during summer." She said in her best syrupy voice. "Why don't you take that big bulky thing off and we can share a drink and perhaps...cool off?" She asked, her yellow eyes sharp and focused on his bright blue ones.

Anonymous

Ryvn looked at the woman raising an eyebrow. There were no words expressed in it, though it seemed to scream 'You've got to be fracking kidding me'. Silently but surely , he removed his coat, nothing but his armored vest under a steel gray tunic and steel plated leather gauntlets along with runic tattoos that ran up his arms. They were only visible because every time he got a sleeved tunic, he tore the sleeves off to make bandages for himself as well as for people he met along the road who he judged to be honest and trustworthy. Because of this, scars could be seen marring his face in places as well as his arms. One long scar came down over his nose and between his eyes diagonally while the other was on his jawbone in the shape of a Y, tracing his jawbone.

However, now that his coat was removed, his weapons were out in the open, and it was obvious they were all of fine make. But still he remained silent, at least until he sat up straight in the chair. "Bartender, could I get an ale over here?" He asked in a polite tone, his voice calm and clear. He was not easily seduced by women, or even men. Ryvn had been too far removed from society to care about that.

Anonymous

He gave her a pretty sceptical look, but she just continued to look at him. Finally he removed his coat and her lips turned to a smirk. That was good. Despite being a knight, she had no real castle that she held an allegiance to, and she sometimes stretched the rules of being a knight a little. The oath was good most of the time but...it wasn't going to work for her while she was low on money. Besides, this guy looked like he could spare a few coins to entertain her. If not, she'd just have to go off and find some other poor sucker to spend money on her.

"And nothing for me? I swear I thought a gentleman was sitting at this table." She looked shocked that he hadn't ordered anything for her. If he had, he would have ordered two drinks after all. If he didn't drink, why was he in a tavern? Things were looking decreasingly...bright for her. This scar covered, heavily armed man was perhaps not going to be entertaining then. You won some, and you lost some though, all you had to do was just go with what happened.

Anonymous

"If you thought I was a gentleman would think you were out of your mind. I know my manners, and none of them say I have to buy an ale for anyone in this tavern." he responded in a very calm tone. His eyes showed no interest. Suddenly one of the men at the bar raised his voice. "He's no gentleman, that is for sure. He's a deserter and a coward. He hid from us for years in the mountains." The drunk man said, standing up off the stool with his ale. The tavern went incredibly silent and Ryvn stood up silently. He recognized this man. His height, build and eye color.

Ryvn finally spoke up. "And neither are you a gentleman, General. You are a murderer." some in the room acted shocked as if they weren't expecting such a claim. Ryvn then continued after a slight pause. "You killed my father then forced me into the service, and then you have the gal to accuse me of deserting? You forced me to serve where I had no place!" He growled. "I challenge you, for you have sullied your own honor by attempting to pose me as the criminal here."

The general chuckled. "Very well then, if you have such a death wish. We meet in an hour in the town square, where the entire city may know of your insolence and may witness your death." He said, standing up and leaving. Ryvn stood indignant that the man had accused him of being a coward. He may have been a deserter, but he certainly was not a coward, and by no means was Ryvn a weakling either.

Anonymous

"Well now I definitely know you don't have-" She wasn't able to finish her insult as someone else suddenly spoke up and cut her off. She was quite surprised by the whole thing, and kept her mouth shut as the two men spoke. Woah, looks like there was some bad blood now wasn't there?  She was surprised when the strange man announced the man was a general. Gyeep! A general in a tavern like this, a little surprising but...anything was possible. The fact the general was drunk was probably even more surprising, but no doubt he just came to relax.

And now he was challenging him to a duel!

Linette just stared at the two of them. Well, she stared at the idiot deserter for the most part. HE was actually going to CHALLENGE a GENERAL to a duel? The was obviously not right in the head. When most things had calmed down she looked at livid man with the weapons.

"You realize that you're either gonna die or end up in the dungeon right? If he's really a general, and you're really a deserter, he's probably just gonna bring a bunch of people to arrest you." She wasn't completely familiar with the country, but she knew the details of the law. Deserters were simply arrested, and generals didn't get into duels. Especially not in Ketra, near the King's Castle, even a drunk general would have realized that. "But I hope for your sake that all they want to do is through you in the dungeon." This fellow was obviously bad news, a deserter challenging a general to a duel? Yeah, it was going to be a good idea to just wait for someone better to come by.

Linette raised her half empty mug of ale before she headed back to the empty table she had come from. Some people just wanted to die it seemed.

Anonymous

"I may have deserted, but conscription is also a crime if it is not an order of war. If I die, so be it, if I am put in a dungeon, let's see them try to contain the wild soul." He said. "It's not l who has to worry." he stated simply, finishing the ale, listening to her speaking. "The more there are, the more they will hinder themselves." He grabbed his belongings, but turning back to the woman before he left. "I may be on the losing side of this, but I'm still not convinced its the wrong one." With that, he left, his eyes turning to the sky, heading to the town center. When he got there, the man was waiting, a posse of soldiers and guards waiting. He sighed, his armor shifting as he entered the cleared circle. The man had removed his armor that identified him as a general, he was just a noble now, and that much Ryvn could stand.

Ryvn sighed, stepping into the circle and removing his overcoat, revealing his choice of weapons. The man stepped forward. "I come to you now not as a general, but as a Noble, and you, having offended my honor, challenge you, a presumed deserter, to a duel." The man said drawing his sword. Ryvn looked up at the man. "So it must be, a rider must be called upon to defend his honor against the unjust." He said, his hand-and-a-half sword at his side, hand on the hilt, ready.

"You are not a rider, unless things have changed in the past thirty years." The Noble laughed. "Besides, you would never be chosen as a rider by ANY dragon, you are a pathetic lump of flesh." Ryvn raised an eyebrow, whistling. "Oh, look, he's whistling to himse....." He was cut off by a loud roar, Ryvn grinned. "You should not have mocked me." Ryvn muttered, rolling up his sleeve to reveal tattoos of runes running down his arm to the the back of his hand. "I am not a citizen of Adela anymore, that much you should know. Would you like to know why you couldn't find me? I live in the Thunderblacks, away from greedy bastards like you. I cannot forget what you did to me, forcing me into the military after you killed my father, but I believe I can thank you for allowing me to escape it so easily." Kaio landed behind Ryvn, glaring down at the man who was a general. Ryvn smiled. "You would be an interesting fight, but you aren't worth my time and energy." he added after Kaio landed, the soldiers backing away.

Anonymous

Well...at least he had devotion, she had to give him that much. Not the smartest path to follow, but it was still a path right? She didn't envy the poor guy, he was walking to his death...but some people just wanted to die after all. Linette was not going to go ahead and watch the slaughter though, that'd be just...wrong really! With a sigh however she stood and decided that it was probably for the best. Maybe the next time she met a man with a deathwish she could tell THIS story and see how it went.

She weaved through the crowd to get a better vantage point, and finally she was staring at the general and the strange weapon laden man. It was the usual brazen back and forth, really she just wished they'd whip it out and get it over with. Suffice to say watching two men engage in such a battle only really worked when they were both smart and just knights. Not a drunken general and a strange man with lots of weapons on him.

The entire crowd screamed at the sound of the roar, Linette managed to keep it to a squeak as she looked around for the source. It was...it was a dragon. The man had called a dragon?! That perhaps explained the earlier commotion actually. All she knew, is that people were panicked. "Dragon!" Someone cried. "Dragon in the city!" The man and the dragon seemed to be friends, and that probably wasn't the best thing in the world. Civilians began to run, and Linette was one of them. She made sure to run like the smart peasants, into alleys and places that would trouble the dragon if it decided to go after them.

This was supposed to be a good day too.