Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Wanderlust

Started by Anonymous, March 02, 2011, 12:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Archery could be useful, he supposed. He vaguely knew how to field dress most small game. She could kill it and cook it for him. His hand came up to his chin and he stroked his chin thoughtfully. Potionmaking could be useful, too. There was plenty of bounty to be found in the forest, and he had a few vials leftover that he could lend her. He shrugged.

"Well, I don't care if you keep following me or not. But I'm heading to the nearest town." he said, turning to look at the forest. "I hope you're already packed and ready." he said, glancing over his shoulder at the girl. He wondered how exactly they were going to deal with the fact that he only had one tent large enough for just him to sleep in comfortably. That was going to be awkward. Dour Mr. Homme then continued walking, heading towards the forest. The path seemed to find through the forest forever, at least, from what he could tell from outside the forest.

Anonymous

She merely nodded in response to what he said, keeping completely still and quiet. He seemed to be alright with her sticking around, and she didn't want to mess it up, so she watched him curiously, continuing after him once he headed towards the forest.

At his mention of "packed and ready," Melli looked down at what was on her - her clothes, her dagger, her bow, and the rucksack on her back, filled with various items she'd been able to steal since her last trip to Connlaoth, along with a journal (it kept her feeling sane, normal), and another change of clothes. To tell the truth, she hadn't possessed more than these items in years, and they had always been on her, so she supposed she was always ready. Ready for whatever was to come.

She didn't really care where he went, so long as she could get things done along the way - learning, stealing, etc. So she followed him, readjusting her rucksack on her shoulders and her bow on her back so that the trip might be a little more comfortable.

She wondered if she should say something. She hadn't exactly carried on a real conversation in years, so it was hard to tell when silence was appreciated and when it was looked down upon, so she tried to think of something to say. "Uh... thanks," she said after a few moments, though she wasn't meeting his eyes.

Anonymous

He wasn't really one for conversation, clearly. Perhaps if conversations were started, he would respond, but he certainly wasn't one to start conversing. Seeing that she was clearly ready to go, he started off on the dirt road, heading into the darkness of the forest. The sun would soon set completely and they would soon be without light, save for the moon above.

"You are welcome." he said.

It was darker in the forest than he realized. They would need a lightsource if they were going to continue on long enough to set up camp. With a little bit of time before the moon rose to grant them some light, he reached down and picked up a small stick from the ground. "I don't know what all you know of magic... But... I never really understood the whole bit with the waggling of fingers. It just never made sense to me." he said. He glanced to her, taking a hold of the top of the stick in his hand.

"That and the whole conjuring of magic through words. I don't think the world really works like that. But apparently, it does. " he said. Inside his hands, light seemed to grow. Soon, it was peeking out of the nooks and crannies in his hand. It was a bright, soft white light, like the moon.

"Good thing I don't need to work like that." he said with a smirk, removing his hand. The very tip of the stick was lit up! Apparently, the wood itself was bio-luminescent now! It almost looked as if the wood had been replaced with molten moonstone, though it didn't drip or look liquefied at all. He offered her the brand new light source, hoping that she would carry it so that they could see until the moon rose.