Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What I've done.

Started by Rhindeer, March 29, 2011, 07:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Nakaris clamped his mouth shut before he could argue with that.

Heading inside the tavern, he pulled a chair out for Nadia before taking a seat across from her. He was a little reluctant to release her, because she fit so snugly against him, but...well, she thought him a gentleman and now he couldn't disappoint!

"Nice place," he said, looking around. "They serve mutton here?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"I hope. We'll find another place if they don't. Because I will have mutton." Nadia reached a hand up, smoothing her hair and smiled, "It's petty, but true."

Rhindeer

"I think you've earned it, after tha' ordeal," Nakaris said. "Why, I'd getcha a sheep m'self if it weren't illegal. Hey, ma'am!"

He waved down a serving girl to ask if they were serving any lamb and, thankfully, that got a nod out of her. She was quick to scurry off to the kitchen to fetch them some.

"Looks like yer in luck."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Perfect!" Nadia clapped her hands and laughed, "You are the best! Can I ask what it is you do?"

Rhindeer

"What I do? Oh. Uh." Good question. Nakaris couldn't remember what his job had been, or even if he'd had one at all. His memories beyond the events of a month or two ago were all blurry, save for those flashes of insight that happened now and then when he least expected.

"Oh. Ya know. Jus' odd jobs an'...such. What 'bout ya? Pretty girl like yerself prob'ly don't gotta work none at all, eh? What with all th' suitors I betcha got."

Anonymous

Ah. There it was. The question Nadia had been dreading. Because she was honestly enjoying his company and as soon as she answered, everything would change. So she lied, before her brain ever even realized it was happening, "Oh, I can't say I have many suitors. I'm a bard by trade."

Rhindeer

"A bard?" Nakaris's eyes widened. "Tha' must be excitin'. Ya do a lot of travelin' with tha', eh? Must know a lotta stories an' met a lotta interestin' folk."

Smiling, he leaned his arms on the table--mostly so he could get a good look at her eyes, which he hadn't realized weren't brown until just then. "Got any good ones?"

Anonymous

"I actually stick to Ketra. There's plenty of buisness for me here." That at least was true. Nadia felt so guilty for lying, but she just didn't want to have everything change. Men didn't treat her like this once they knew what she did. Even the kind ones or the dashing ones still treated her like property.

When he leaned close, Nadia felt flustered for a moment, not really used to this. It was some how very different than with a client. She smiled, fidgeting slightly with the hem of her sleeve, "Oh, a few. What were you thinking?"

Rhindeer

"Oh, I dunno. Excitin' ones. Epic adventures. With swords an' magic an' dragons an, y'know..." Nakaris made a show of looking both ways before he leaned in a little closer and lowered his voice.

"Not gonna lie, I'm a sucker fer a little romance, too. But don't tell nobody. Ruins th' image," he said with a wink.

Anonymous

Nadia smiled at that, feeling her face flush just a little. It was so nice being flirted with like this. No pressure of money or service. There was just a man, who liked her. She stood, gracefully, smoothing down her dress, "Well, let me see what I can do."

Luckily, Nadia was used to being the center of attention, so it wasn't hard for her to ask the proprietor for the chance to do a few songs. He was more than happy to let the pretty girl sing. Nadia wished she had an instrument on her, but she made do.

She sang three songs, each a story of adventure and romance. Her voice wasn't perfect, but she wasn't bad. She even earned a bit of coin in addition to a free meal. Flushed from the singing, she took a seat next to Nakaris, a little shy, "Well, I hope I didn't disappoint."

Rhindeer

Well, damn! He hadn't actually expected her to do it! Most girls got all shy and modest about their talents or insisted they weren't that good and they'd only disappoint. It was always nice to find someone willing to be brave and just have a good time.

Nakaris watched her get up and sat back in his seat, hands resting on the table--

And he had to say, he was impressed.

So maybe she wasn't the best he'd heard; she was still good, and she had a way of grabbing his attention and making him forget--probably because she was nice to look at and the stories she told were gripping, that perfect blend of epic adventure and romance. When she finally finished, a thin round of applause and cheer went up (for the place wasn't all that crowded) and Nakaris was among them, grinning broadly as she returned.

"Hey! Tha' was really good!" he said, turning in his seat so he could face her. "Ya got a voice. More'n tha', ya got a presence. Never heard tha' song, neither--where'd ya pick it up?"

Bards traveled a lot, after all!

Tags: