Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Hunting for Bones.

Started by Anonymous, June 13, 2011, 06:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Trelgas scowled beneath his hood. The lands of Thanatos wouldn't be enough for him to gain all of the bones he required, and so he came here to Ketra. The necromancer had heard that many of these hunters dealt with more... unique beasts. The black-clad figure came up to a stall. The man who ran it seemed rather intimidated by the robed Trelgas, and for good reason. "H-How can I help you, s-sir?" the stallkeeper stammered.

"I am seeking some rather unique bones for an experiment of mine." the necromancer replied.

"I... uh... May have what you are l-looking for. C-Could you b-be a little more specific?"

"The skull of a dragon."

"N-Nobody I know of... is um... daring enough, to hunt dragons."

"Neck and ribs of a hydra."

"I... I um... Don't know about that either."

Trelgas scowled. "Fine then." He handed the man a piece of parchment. "Do you possess, or do you know of someone who does, any of these bones?" The man looked over the parchment and nodded. "I do have the lower legs and feet of the raptor, sir!" The man's stammer was gone now that he knew he had something Trelgas wanted. "How much?"

"For you... An extreme discount." The man was smart. He knew Trelgas could hurt him if he didn't stay on his good side. "50 gold."

"How much are they normally?"

"1000."

"Deal."

Trelgas paid the man and took his bones. Turning, he slipped the bones into a large bag that was hidden by his robes. "Just one step closer to my goal." he chuckled. Suddenly, he started coughing and quickly drained some life from the man he just bought from. The man fell on his face and gasped for breath as his very life was stolen from him. Trelgas stopped before he killed the man. He should be okay in a couple hours. Trelgas headed for the nearest place he could get a room. He would have to stay the night.

Anonymous

Ba'ast was just in the area, one would say, because she heard about the riches some of these shady shops had. As she walked swiftly through the crowds of meek and dirty people, she couldn't help but grin. What a sight she must have been. A tanned female in nothing but a bra-like top and a skirt with slits right up to the band of it (and, that skirt was also attached onto her panties) She was like perfection. Running her fingers through her fiery hair as she approached a stand selling a beautiful ring with jade on it.

It didn't take much before that ring was hers. And she placed it on her slender finger and turned to wander off. Although, she turned just in time to have a frail man bump into her. She looked over the cloaked figure and grinned when she 'saw' what he had just done. "Aa... feeling a bit weak?" She teased.

Her eyes glanced to a small protrusion from under his robe, then back up to the hood. "Well... well.. let me guess. A stand like that, and a bulge like this. You're either eager to see me...." She let her words trail off as a smirk came to her lips. "Or you're looking for bones."

Sometimes, she loved being able to read thoughts. Though, this man's were fuzzy. A little unclear. She realized it might be from him stealing some of the shop keeper's life. A bit of his thoughts came through and made everything fuzzy.

"Tell me, boy.. What is it that you seek? I love rarities."

Anonymous

Trelgas glared at the woman who just ran into him. His eyes burned from beneath his hood. "I doubt you would e interested, considering my form of.. unique power." He considered what he just said. "Well, then again, you might, as I am myself a rarity." He growled and straightened up. "Perhaps you can help me..." Trelgas looked at the woman. "Who are you? The only time anyone is dressed as... Opulently as you is if they are royalty. And you don't sem like the royalty type." Clearly, Trelgas wasn't affected by Bas'ast's appearance. He never was affected by apearances. Not since he had gained immortality.

Anonymous

Her brow rose at his utter disregard for her status. Royalty or not, she was still perfect. She let out a breath and shifted her weight on her feet. "Your unique power? Well, dear boy. I can assure you I have a couple of tricks up my sleeves." She smirked.

"Aa... and I may not be of the royal division, but I still have taste. But, I may help you if you learn to bite your tongue." She took a moment to judge his reaction, then placed her hands on her hips. "I'm Ba'ast. Goddess. And, what is it that you are seeking....?" She trailed off with a questioning tone. Fishing for his name. She was quite bored, and though she knew what bones he sought, she was toying with him.

Anonymous

Trelgas snorted. "If you were a goddess, then you would know what I am seeking and for what." he growled before letting out a harsh cough. Suddenly, the ground around him became a circle of death. All of the insects and plants in a 2 foot radius around him suddenly died as he drained their life. "I guess that man didn't have much in him if I already have to feed once more." Trelgas met Ba'ast's eye and seemed to be challenging her.

"You have so much... And yet you are also immune to me. I guess that's one thing that we both share. We are both immune to something of the other. You are immune to my feeding and I am immune to your body." He seemed to turn sour at this point. "Were you not so, I would be satisfied for possibly years if I were to feed on you, and yet I cannot." He paused. "If you can help me, then offer it. If not, I believe we are done here."

Anonymous

She chuckled at his statement. So, he either caught on, or was being genuine. Well in the end... getting him what he wanted would be so easy for her. She already knew where such items lie-- and with so much sand. She almost purred at how easy this would be.

Then, the ground started to glow. She looked at the light, and how it sucked the lives of the plants and small critters in it. She chuckled and looked to his face. "Aa.. immune to my body? Well, I'm glad to have the upper hand here-- immunities to such powers is better than being able to ward off someone's great looks. Though, it's kind of sad for you, isn't it? I don't dress like this to lure people in."

She waved her hand and held it out like she was holding something. A small tornado of sand lifted from the ground and swallowed her hand, dying out to show she was now holding a dragon's skull-- a baby's, but it was for the show of it. "I know what you seek. And, I know where to find them. A lot. Bigger than this small creature's, that's for sure." Though, she held the skull out to him.

Anonymous

Trelgas looked at the skull. "That is the skull of a drake. I need to possess the adult. However, if you can conjure up the skull of a drake, perhaps you can conjure up the arms and claws of the drake instead?" He was mildly amused by this 'goddess' and her abilities. "And if you can give me the locations of each of the bones I require..." He smirked and took the skull anyway. It would be valuable in his research, as he is sure Ba'ast could tell with her telepathy. "The hardest bone that I require to find would be that of the shark, as sharks actually possess no bones." He smirked again and tugged on his hood. It was starting to pull back and he didn't want to reveal his face.

Anonymous

"Oh.. I know it is the skull of the drake. I may be powerful, but even I can't carry a full grown dragon skull." She watched him tuck away the skull, taking the time to dust some remaining sand off her hand. "Hm.. claws and arms? Of course I can. And I can tell you where these things lie." she paused. "Aa.. but a shark bone? Is that a joke?" She grinned, watching him tug down the hood.

"Mm.. But I don't do these things for free. You need to give me something, a trade of sorts. And if you think hiding your face is going to pan out-- it wont. I want to see your face. If just once. I am curious." Ba'ast chuckled. "You've grown so accustomed to the hood up that even your thought bare no image of your face. You're quite good."

Anonymous

Trelgas growled. "Oh, you are a conniving witch, aren't you?" He started to pace in a circle, tracing the area of death he had created. He needed the bones and this woman could give him the loactions for them. Was it worth it? Eventually, he muttered, "Fine. But not here." Trelgas stalked off into the shadows behind a building and started to seethe with rage at what he was about to do. Nobody had seen his face since his first victim. He had believed he wouldn't need to show anybody his face, and yet here he was. He needed those bones and he needed them bad.

Anonymous

"I'm not a witch, I am some one who holds information you desperately need." His pacing amused her. Oh the torment raging through his mind about showing her his face. This was almost as good as punishing a cat hater-- almost. And, with such anger did he agree. She followed him off into the shadows with a huge grin on her face. A grin which vanished once he was facing her. She leaned back against a wall and watched him.

"Are you sure these bones mean enough to you to show your face? You seem so angered by the idea. Are you that ugly under those robes?" She dared to try and peek, reaching out to touch the hood and ducking her head. It was far to dark to see, but the anger he would feel was worth it. This was so amusing to her.

Anonymous

Trelgas smacked her hand away from his hood. "I need these bones for my chimaera. The first one of this scale..." He swore quietly before taking down his hood, revealing his grey, scarred face. His irises were completely black and there wasn't any hair on his head. He really was a mess. "The price of immortality. Everlasting hunger for life and this." He let out a faint growl. "Now, give me my information. You've gotten your 'payment', dare I call it that, as well as your amusement. I want my information." He promptly put his hood back on after a number of minutes.

(short post, I know...)

Anonymous

She looked over his meek state and rose a brow. "Well well well... Look at this! You wouldn't be bad looking if you didn't become immortal." He chuckled. Watching his hood go back up. "Aww.. I don't get to look anymore? Well, I suppose fair is fair. The bones you seek are in Adela. Though, you wont be able to get to them. They reside under the cities."

She played with the pendant that hung from her neck. "I can get them for you. There's plenty of sand surrounding them for me to take them. Although, I would have to be where ever it is that you want these bones to rest-- whether it be your home or some ritual grounds. The skull itself is far too large to carry. The other bones, those are simple. I can give them to you now. Though, I have to inquire about this.. 'shark bone.' How do you get something that doesn't exist?"

Anonymous

Trelgas growled. "I suppose I'll have to take you to Thanatos then. That is where I reside. As for the shark... Well, sharks may not possess bones, but what they do have can be turned into bones if you calcify it... Or introduce what makes bones what they are to what the sharks have in place of bones." He chuckled. "So... After we retrieve the bones that I require that you can get for me... I need to go shark-fishing." He looked Ba'ast in the eye. "I must tell you... I have a set of bones that you most likely will not like yourself. I will tell you that the creature it came from was already dead and I merely raised it in order to obtain the bones. I did not slay it, nor do I have any particular hatred towards it. It died of natural causes." He sighed and headed for the main road. "Come on. We're going to Thanatos."

Anonymous

"Thanatos? I have never been there. Quite exciting, I must say. I love a new place to torment." She almost purred. That is, until he pointed out a set of bones he had. She glared at him as the image came to her mind. "What are you going to do with them?" She questioned. It wasn't wrong to worship the bones of a sacred feline. That is if the cat wasn't sacrificed. But, if he planned to do horrible things with the precious bones.. she may have to cut his leg off. Or something.

But, she was still curious about his need for these bones. She decided to let the cat bones slide and followed him swiftly. "I bet this is the first time you've brought a girl home since your...change" She teased. It was just in her nature.

Anonymous

Trelgas groaned. "Oh, shut up." After making sure nobody was paying attention to them, he took a deep breath. "Good thing I no longer feel sympathy for life. This spell is going to cause a widespread death circle." He raised his arms, hands splayed and black energy began forming in them. Strings of black energy swirled up from the ground and from the trees. Some animal calls were cut short as they fell. Of course, he left enough life in each of his sources that they would recover. He threw the massive balls of black energy into the ground and cried, "Heraskianti!" A massive hole appeared in the ground and Trelgas began to shake. "That... took much more than I expected..." He gasped before stumbling into the hole. "Come on... this tunnel leads to a ley line. The ley line will take us to a hole by my home on Thanatos." He shakily walked on.

(EDIT: And here's the thread //http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=12009)