Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thrill of the hunt

Started by Anonymous, June 03, 2005, 06:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Alara entered the village with the clack of horses hooves against the stone path of the village.  She pulled the reigns, and the horse stopped ubruptly in place. She cast her head in all directions making her hair fly. She was in a hurry of some sort, coming from the jungle, she had been chased by something and she didn't feel like finding out what it was so she just galloped to the nearest village.  She relaxed on the saddle and patted the horse fervishly.  She sat up straight and looked around her to see hundreds of people bustlying in the big village.

'must have come on a market day,' she thought heavily. THough she didn't mind she actually liked having a look around. Then she felt something warm on her cheek, she put her hand to it and whipped it off and looked, looked liked she had gotten scratched by a tree, fo she was bleeding slightly.

She shrugged and clucked to her horse to go.  She looked at the stalls from her horse's back and smiled, she could do with some freshly baked bread and some cheese. She guided her horse to the person selling the bread and she looked down at them.

"How much is the bread?" She asked breathlessly.

Usually she was not the nicest thing in the world but she could be nice and she felt like being nice right now so she was.

Anonymous

Little Fuh was completely lost and out of place in this bustling town.  At three feet high, clothed in a brown robe tied with a braided leather belt, and with large white ears on the top of his head, Fuh was not intimidating.  His face was covered in short white fur and he looked like an overly large cross between a rabbit and a cat; though he stood on two legs, had long fingers and opposable thumbs.

Fuh had never been to any sort of civilizaton other than the underground city of the Burrs (what his poeple called themselves), and had no concept of money because everyone shared everything that they created and harvested.  Fuh knew the language of these people that now populated the above-ground, and he also knew a great deal of magic.  He was an elemental mage, one of the strongest born to the Burrs, and he was supposed to act as an ambassador to his civilization.  However, none of the people here seemed to care for the title of ambassador of the Burrs and he had not gotten anywhere so far.  He had decided to take notes on these people, their behavior and the behavior of the other creatures that seemed to inhabit the above-ground and create a log of what to expect.  He would call it "Fuh the Burr's Bestiary of the Above-Ground" or some other catchy title that caught his eye.

However that would have to wait, because rignt now, he just needed to find something to eat like the gal on the horse that just trotted up to the stall that he happend to be next to.

Anonymous

Alara quickly got off her horse as she talked with the bread man. She argued the price until she got a respectable one. HEr mood was now more than happpy, she was pleased at what she could do when she tried. She paid the man and took a bite, she gavea peice ot her horse before looking around. THrough the corner of her eye she caught a short little thing that seemed to be a cross between a rabbit and something else.

She noticed she had been staring." I'm terribly sorry, what horrid mannors." she kneeled down to the man and held out her hand, she was being overly freindly than she normally was."Alara, good sir."

Anonymous

"Ahhh, hello," he replied.

"Hmmm, the girl is extending her hand . . . what an odd gesture," he said to no one in particular.  He then proceeded to cautiously smell her hand, taking it into his own and turning it over to sniff the other side.  Then he took each of her fingers in turn and wiggled them up and down a couple times.  When satisfied, he tilted his head at an odd angle to look up into the face that was connected to said hand and speak with it.

"Well, m'dear, your appendage, I must say is not very interesting or informative of your person, however I am willing to overlook that and introduce myself as Fuh the Burr, at your service, and forgive me for asking, but could you spare a morsel for the Ambassador of the Burrs, I really haven't been able to connect . . . so to speak, with the other natives in this area, they keep asking for Muh-nee, and the term is quite foreign to me.  Have you any ideas on how to get the Muh-nee that they seek so that I may have a decent meal?" Through out the time that he had been speaking to Alara his ears had been twitching and rotating in different directions and would suddenly flick to one side or the other any time a loud noise or a shout was heard from that particular direction.  Though he had no intention, Fuh looked quite queer as he held on to her, looking up, almost at a ninety degree angle, with his large green eyes.

(no not that queer)

Anonymous

Alara smiled as he smiffed her hand, it tickled slightly and she giggled, what had come over her being was odd for she was never quite so nice, but for him she was, strange. Alara smiled as he talked of money and asked where he could get it, she smiled.
"Well, you may get it from a job, working."she smiled. He was hungry, and she could aford to get him some bread."If you wouldn't mind I would be more than willing to buy you some bread Fuh the Burr." she looked down at her hand that he was still holding and smiled. She slowly took her hand away, and added so that he would get a better glance at who she was."I'm a journeyer, and a necromancer." She didn't add what else she was, lest she scare him off.

Anonymous

"Ah, yes I am familiar with work, what kind of work is there; I'll have to keep this in mind as I'm going to chronicle everything that is necessary for surviving in the Above-Ground.  Muh-nee for work.  And please, call me Fuh, no formalities are needed between friends such as us, and I'm much obliged that you will bi-yeee, bi-yeee, bie some bread," he struggled with buy, an unknown concept to the Burrs, "And you mentioned a Neck-Romancer, that is surely an interesting profession, never heard of it myself, though I am familiar with a journeyer, just the person that I need to be in the company of, someone with experience in this crazy place." He said as he glanced around at the busy market.  His ears had been trained on a particular spot for a longer amount of time than before, and he turned his head in the direction that they were facing.  Someone or something was making it's way through the crowd straight for them and Fuh was rather intrigued as to what exactly it was.  'Perhaps it wants us to do work so we can get Muh-nee,'  Fuh thought.

"Hel-loo ! ! !  Yes, you there, if you don't mind me asking, WHAT exactly ARE you ? ? ?  Do you need WORK to be done, I need some MUH-NEE ! ! !" Fuh yelled at the figure.

Anonymous

I now declare this thread dead.  I shall take Fuh elsewhere.