Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No More Waiting [Draco!]

Started by Tally, August 02, 2011, 11:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

"Tarlaka!"

Akkiel knocked on her door, but entered right away.  They'd stopped any attempt at being formal with each other ever since returning to Adela.  Ever since the journey back when things had been said that tore down the walls of formality between them for good and all.  He came and went from her rooms freely now, and she from his.  They let the rumors—not rumors anymore but fact—run where they willed and paid them little mind.

"Tarlaka—"  He hadn't expected her back in uniform and armor.  He hadn't seen her in it for so long.  A grin broke out on his face.  He always loved how she looked in Adela's colors, armor-clad and fierce.

He got so caught up in just looking at her he nearly forgot why he'd come.

"Oh!  The eggs!  The eggs are hatching!"

Anonymous

It felt good to be wearing her armor again. Not a dress. The comfort of pants, the weight of the metal against her shoulders. She was standing in front of a mirror, staring at herself. Things were missing. Her hair, the black arc of her wings behind her back.  With a gloved hang against the mirror she stared, and stared.

The sound of her door opening before she could properly address the knock had her spin around to glare, only to pause and stare before she smiled in return. It was hesitant, she still couldn't quite grasp what happened, but she knew Akki was much more... Less Kingly to her now. The smile was infectios and she shuffled a little and moved a hand to her neck to look away while smiling. It felt strange, to not be formal. It had been such an easy way for them to interact, familiar. Now it was... Intimate and.. Tarlaka could feel her cheeks heat up while he stared.

But that went away when he mentioned the eggs.  

Now she was just excited.  Her hair, which she had chopped off, was growing back, a few inches long and as wavy as ever, which gave her more of a 'cute' look than she would have liked. Ever. But it suited when she moved forward and grasped his arms, a wide smile on her face. "They are? Really?"

They'd get to meet them, finally. The little orphans. Akkiels adopted dragons. Tarlaka, as excited as ever, brushed passed him, grabbing his wrist to drag him along. Hatching. They could be poking their little baby heads out right now!

Tally

Before he knew it, Tarlaka was dragging him along.  Great spirits, it was good to see her excited about something again, good to see the light of passion in her eyes.  These dragons represented a change for all of them.  The bond of dragon and Adelan that had been so prevalent in the mountain villages would finally find a place in the keep, in the cities, where it should have been all along.  Angel had been right about that—there was too much Serendipity influence in the cities and not enough good Adelan tradition.

He let Tarlaka lead the way.  The eggs were still down in one of the basement rooms where they had been kept since their arrival, but the great furnace had been dimmed and the doors swung open so the heat down there no longer threatened to suffocate a man if he remained there for more than a few minutes.

"It's a sight," he said.  "They're moving, shifting from side to side.  I hope we don't miss them breaking through for the first time."

Anonymous

She lead the way, her gloved fingers clasped between Akkiels as she dragged him along her lower lip between her teeth. This was... Good. She liked this. Her pulse raced because she wanted to see the first baby poke it's head through a shell, because she knew that she would get to see the creation of the first Adelan made Dragon Riders.  He said they were moving, and shifting.

"You came to find me even though you want to see them hatch?" Tarlaka didn't slow down, but she looked over her shoulder with a fond shine in her eyes. She squeezed his hand and sped up, almost to a full job, the cape bellowed out behind her highlighting her own personal symbol on the back. A pair of wings. "Well, I appreciate you finding me. Now!" It didn't take half as long as she expected it would to get down there and when it did it was still very warm and she took a breath.

"Which one is yours, Akki?"

Tally

Servants sprang out of their way as they swept through the corridors.  They stared, and he enjoyed that.  It was the display of familiarity that had them gaping, the hand holding.  There would be fresh gossip in the palace tonight.

"An event like this?  How could I leave that to a messenger?"  And miss the look on her face and the rush of excitement when he told her?  Never.

The basement room where they kept the eggs was nearly tolerable now with the furnaces and fires banked.  Still hot, but not so stuffy now with the door left ajar and the vents opened up to let air circulate.  The eggs lay on a bed of hot stones.  Akkiel pointed to the largest, a black egg nearly twice as big as the others.  It shifted and rolled with the thrashing of the hatchling inside.  "That one.  Did you ever decide which was for you?"

Anonymous

Her heart was pounding and Tarlaka moved closer to Akkiel, threading her fingers between his a little more solidly and holding his arm close to her.  Of course he'd choose the largest, it would be bound for leadership and Tarlaka chuckled softly and smiled at Akkiel. The past year melted away when she looked up at him and grinned.

"I'm drawn to the gray one." Tarlaka nodded towards an average sized egg rocking gently compared to the thrashing of the large black one.  

"I look at it and I can't take my eyes away." Tarlaka gently bumped her hip against Akkiels, "You'll have your own baby to take care of, hmm?"

Tally

"I didn't think of that."  In the excitement of the hatching he hadn't given much thought to what would happen after, when they had baby dragons on their hands.  Angel had, he'd wager.  The man thought of everything.

A small crowd had gathered, and even the guardsman normally posted at the door had drifted over.  Akkiel ventured closer and leaned over the eggs, watching the gray and the black.  His hatchling and Tarlaka's.  "You can hear them."

It sounded like...chirping, muffled by eggshell but distinct.

Anonymous

This was great and there were no painful crotch paints for her. Tarlaka moved closer to Akkiel, looking over to smile at him and then looking back at the wobbling chirping eggs. She wanted to help, but she knew that if she tried to it would defeat the purpose of hatching and she would probably burn her hands. "Does it have a name yet?"

Tags: