Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

A Hole

Started by Anonymous, June 07, 2005, 07:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Fuh the Burr, Ambassador to the Burrs, was on his way to the Above-Ground.  He was using a small tunnel that the Burrs had just dug to reach the Surface.  They had never before had contact with any of the surface dwellers, and Fuh was their first attempt at any communication with them.

It was dark in the tunnel, the Burrs had exceptional night vision due to their life underground, and Fuh was quite bored with the treck.  "We never should have even sent anyone to go up, if the Above-Grounder's wanted to know who was down here, then they could come to Us, really, we did dig a two mile tunnel that seemingly goes nowhere, somebody's curiosity would eventually get the better of them."

He sighed, exasperated with the whole ordeal.  He shouldn't complain, however, he had been chosen to do this and had accepted, idiot.  Being the best elemental mage that they had, he was the obvious choice.  He had decided that he would make the most of his journey though, his alterior motive was to create an amazing book that logged and categorized the creatures of the Above-Ground.

But . . . what was this???

Anonymous

run...

running...

must keep running...have to keep running....

running....

run...

It was like a song, the never ending song that once it is inside it will never go away. The words pounded with each step, emphasizing each syllable, each sound, each letter. No matter how hard the little wolf ran, the haunting lyrics followed.

run...keep running...don't stop running...

why?

With that singal question everything in the mind seem to stop. The wolf froze. Then  in slow motion, the wolf  misplace it footing, tripping over her self, causing to land nose first in the cold earth and rolling over. There as she panted, another song enter in.

why...why...why.....

"why the heck am i on the ground?" interrupted the first human thought of the night as the wolf's panic slowly receded from her mind. "Why am i on the ground...I am on the ground because I tripped...I trip because I was running...I was running because I turn into the wolf..." then the wolf made a very human like groan, and picked her self up. There the wolf started to jog. " Blasted mage....why did he had to curse me...why?" The wolf gave a yawp and started to run againg, this time keeping her self calm. "Stupid man, why couldn't he at least curse me into a full grown wolf?" the wolf bearly notice the what was around and didnt notice the hole that was ten feet away; as the song of why stared to once again pound in her head. The miniature wolf started to sprint again with each syllable, with each sound, with each hole?

oh no...not again...

the small wolf again landed on her nose  and started to tumble over her self gaining speed, untill...

Wham

she landed on something her size and very soft....

*hey duckie, i hope i didnt write too much. :D  sorry for any mispell words and all :oops:
the dictionary is my new friend :P *

Anonymous

((OOC:  YOU have NO idea how hard I'm laughing right now.  And you misspelled misspelled, but the length is good, gives me somethin' to work with  Don't worry, I forgive you  :P . Anyways . . . ))

After the initial shock of being bowled over by something large and very furry, Fuh had time to panic.

"Aaah ! ! !  What are you doing?!  What are you doing!  Get off!  Get off!  Get off!  What are you?  Don't eat me, I'll blow you up and turn your insides into mush ! ! !" all the while he was trying to scramble away from whatever was on top of him.  There was something wet near his ear and a thin, rod-like thing was smacking his legs . . . since the creature was not already gnawing on him, a few questions raced through his mind . . .  'What is this creature that is on my chest and what does it want with me?  What is that wet thing?  What category is it in my book?  What's the title of my book . . . no . . . don't think about that now!  Is it trying to torture me by smacking my legs?  What are the rest of the Burrs gonna think if I never come back and they only find my bones in this be-damned tunnel?'

The last question was the one that did it, the big thing that he had to accomplish durring his life was being a good ambassador for his people, and that meant staying alive.  So, he did the only thing that he could think of doing.

He concentrated on the earth around them and cried "Agmen Nath Capuri !" Unfortunately, the spell worked and a sink-hole opened up around them and they were falling and falling and falling and falling . . . . . .

Anonymous

The small wolf was so happy that she landed on somethng soft this time that she didn't notice what she was laying on top of. She gave a small bark of relief, not realizing that her tongue was out, her tail was beating maddly or that very soft something was screaming it's head off.

I am alive....was the main thought as the wolf beat her tail even more. I am alive I am alive

I am alive i am live i am ali.....

"Agmen Nath Capuri !"

"what the heck was that?" the human shouted in the wolf mind. She looked down, bearly register something furry and feline as the earth suddenly disapper. The little wolf gave a small yawp in surprise while trying to jump off the small furry thing before she fell into another hole again. But  gravity took her toll and both the furry think and the little wolf was free falling into pitch blackness.

They kept falling, and falling into eternal darkness and what seem forever was maybe seconds when the human mind of the wolf had enough of her canine's foolishness and decied to take over. In a blink of the eye, the very small wolf turn into a very small human.

Then the human turn her head to her now very small, falling, company and shouted "Can you do any more magic?"

*(ooc: just to let you know it is 2:08am...yepp i think I finally found another way to become sleep deprive...I don't know if i should sue you yet 8) )))))**sorry so short but the dictionary ran out of words :wink: *

Anonymous

"This is not good . . . when you create a sink hole, think where you put it!  Now you're falling with an unknown creature, which is quite interesting in fact . . . but that's beside the point!  Still . . ." a delirous look came over his face, his ears, which were normally up and perky above his head, were flattened behind him, he was slightly smiling, and his eye kept twitching every now and then, "Oh yes, you'd be perfect for Fuh's Bestiary of the Above-Ground!  Your entry would say:  Using the Burr standard measurement (three feet per Burr), the creature stands at roughly one and two thirds Burr. The nature of the creature is not terribly hostile, it's main tactic is first to bowl over it's prey, then beat it to death with one end of it's body as it moistens prey with the other end.  It's finishing blow was foiled by your's truly, however it seems to change it's shape before devouring prey.  Brilliant!"

It took him a while to register the creatures question and his manic state receeded slightly.

The creature speaks!  It knows of Magic!  It insults the Ambassador of the Burr!  "Of course I can do more magic!  I'm not a child!  The true question is why should I do any magic to help you, you changeling of doom!  I know you could smell Burr, and you wanted to be the first to have a taste in thousands of years, didn't you!  Well, that's not gonna happen, I've made sure of that.  Of course, now were both in the same perilous situation . . . how do I know that you won't try and eat me, you've already attacked, how do I know that you won't finish me off???"

Anonymous

Charlie stared at the small rabbit thing, waiting for it do something other then smile insainly and have its eye twitch at her.

Then it started to shout, about it being a burr and that it could do magic; only to shout about being in the same perilous situation and her eating it. All Charlie could think of was "What the hell is he talking about?!?". Both the burr and her was going to die because of his stupid sink hole trick and he won't even do magic to save him self. She just stared at the burr in unbelief.

Then she growed, "If I wanted to eat you don't you think that i would have at least waited for you to come out of the first hole? " She shifted her glance down, noticing that the bottom of the hole was coming upon them very fast.

"CRAP!" Her mind scream and on instinct, she grab the little burr, holding him close, not caring  how he would react.

"This is going to hurt."  she wince and wilth the rest of her powers she push the air down below her; hoping to at least slow their fall.

But her powers being weak from the instance change wasn't working, the air kept coming up faster and faster.  With  reflects like a feline, she twisted her self so that she would land on her feet, causing the least amout of damage to her self, and watch as the ground steady came closer. With another slurg of power she once again pushed the air below.

"come on, come ON....."she mutter out loud, draining almost the last ounce of her power.

"This is not WORKING" a very hysterical howl came out of her mouth.

Then with a BANG they froze about ten feet in the air.

She nearly cried in relief and the wolf in her mind was yappy happly.

"Ok, now to get us down....." she sighed. She stared at the ground for a couple of seconds.  

" Ummmm Mister Burr, I think we are stuck" with that statement she blacked out.

[OOC: hmmmmmmm let see what Mister Burr is going to do now that I save his big bunny butt  :P enjoy getting us out of this mess 8) }[/b]

Anonymous

"Oh, oh, oh, this is veryvery bad, we . . . she, oh no, she saved me.  We're alive!  And she saved us!  How am I ever going to repay her?  I suppose get us down should be the first thing, as you suggested.  Hello?  Are you alive?  Helloooooo! . . . Oh well," Fuh said.

He couldn't believe that she saved him.  And it was a she, somehow he could tell.  How could something that had knocked him down and then sat on him to perform a strange ritual, commit such an act of bravery and selflessness for a meal?  Maybe she wanted him fresh . . . but somehow that didn't seem quite accurate, considering what she said about the hole and the fact that she had called him a Mister.  The Mister quite redeemed her in his eyes, in fact.  Nothing like common courtesy to endear you to a complete stranger.  That and he was a complete sap for the courageous.  A beautiful act deserved a beautiful reward, and there he decided to reward her with his impeccable company.

"Falla Gash!" he called.  A wind swept around them carrying tiny motes of white light with it.  The lights swirrled and got stuck to the couple and then slowly dissolved the spell holding them up.  A warm updraft greatly slowed their decent to the mound of earth beneath them.  It seemed that they were in a cavern, a fairly large one in which the dirt from the sink-hole had piled.  As they touched down, the dirt swirled and the darkness settled in.  

Fuh thought of home and how much he already missed it.  His brother and the rest of the Burr had so much hope in him, that he would introduce them into the enormous world of sky, sun, moon, stars, day and night.  "Illimus."  A glimmer of white light appeared near his head.  He used his ears to motion it upward, then spread them apart to expand the light's intensity and area of effect.  This was the extent of the light that the Burrs had.  A mediocre immitation of the great Sun.  He hadn't even made it to the surface to experience the spectacle.

His little friend seemed to be breathing alright and she looked peaceful enough.  He knelt next to her and tried to shake her gently awake.

Anonymous

A loan moan came out of Charlie's mouth.  She felt if she fell out ot the world's tallest tree and on to a pile of rocks. The pain was most intense in her head and figure tips

"What happen?" she thought to her self as she struggle to open her eyes. An empty blank mind answerd.

"Little wolf?" charlie mumble. As much as she hated what the mage had done to her, she couldn't help feel a little lost as a part of her mind was uncharacteristically slient.

"LIttle Wolf" she mumble louder, eyes still close, she searched her mind to find her furry company. "Little Wolf come here now," she commmanded. She was rewarded with a quick bark and felt little wolf in her mind.

"There you are girl," Charlie smiled at the wolf, something that she never did before. Making sure that her wolf was ok, she checked her magic. She sigh in relief, as the warmth trickle into her. Never did she had used so much at a time or used so much power. A fear that was  drill into her when she ment up with her mage master,  that she could lose her magic if she put to much power into something was slowly drifting off.

"Ok now to get us down," she quickly open her eyes to see a bright light above her. Her face became perplexed as she stared up at the light. Then she looked around, searching  the ground that she thought she would be above, like the light.

"how...." she turned to see a small creature looking at her. Burr is what he had called himself.  He said that he could do magic,  did he get us down?

She stared at the creature a bit more and notice that is was only couple ot inches shorter,  a bit more actual, with long rabbit ears and a very cat like face.  Once again her confusion grew and showed on her face, but the need to figure things grew so she asked  the question that was dying to get out.

"Did you get us down?"

OOC: is uncharacteristically a word?  :shock: Becasue if it is, it is the longest I ever used.   :P

Anonymous

"Yes.  I did.  You asked me to, so I did.  And please call me Fuh, I am of the Burr race that has lived deep in the earth for countless years.  I was supposed to be the Burr Ambassador, but considering that I never reached the Above-Ground, that dosen't seem likely to happen.  We were going to rise from the earth, our glorious return to the Sun and the Stars; and I've dashed their hopes and dreams.  If they never hear from me they might never resurface." he sat on a mound of dirt, looking depressed with his ears bowed to either side of his head.  (like this upside down -->        _o_   )

"Enough about me, are you alright?" he said, quickly glancing at her to see if she had any injuries.  "I've decided that since it was my fault that you almost died, that I'll have to repay you in any way that I can.  For now that is to accompany you for as long as you wish, offering my services and assistance.  You saved both our lives; a noble and honorable act, especially because you saved the life of a stranger." an inquisitive gleam flashed over his features, "Now, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you?"

OOC: Yes uncharacteristically is a word.  Try copying your entry into Microsoft Word and using spell check before you send it off, that might help with the spelling and stuff. And by the way, every time I read what you write, I laugh out loud and my mother looks at me like I'm crazy.  All I tell her is that it's you and she says, "Well that explains it."

Anonymous

The quick speed at what the Burr talked made Charlie's already spinning head spin faster.

"What I am ?" Charlie caught the question and asked herself, still processing alll the information that the Burr told her, or, she corrected, Fuh told her. A slight pause hang in the air and after a quick consideration on what she is, in a low voice she told him.

"Well I am human,  but was a mage apprentice, till that fool of a master decied it would be great fun to put an annoying wolf pup into my brian. So I quess you can call me something of a metamorphosis...but I doubt if that is politically correct....." Charlie bamble on. A sharp bark in her head made her wince, stoping the talking. Dang, that wolf. Then sighing outloud she again ponder on what Fuh told.

"I don't know about noble and all, but I quess I have to take you on, I mean," Charlie looked around at the blackness at the edge of the light. " There isn't much choice, " but then she quickly added, not wanting to offend her now, new, other, furry, companion, " but your help was greatly appericated and still is."  she gave him a little grin and once again looked around. Then slowly she got up, making sure she wasn't too weak to walk and looked down on Fuh.

"Mister Fuh,  you are not dead so your plan about going to the above-ground isn't foil yet. So we might as well try to figure a way out of this place but first I need to summon something."

Then Charlie close her eyes. With tiny bit of magic she clap her hands together only to pulled them part with a medium size brown pouch in her grasp. She quickly looked into it making sure she had everything and put the starp around her head and on her sholder, making the pouch rest close to her hips.

"Time to get out to this hell-hole.....any ideas?"

[OOC: I was writing you a message in responds to your ooc but it kinda got to long so i just pm you. tell your mom hi  and  tell her its my life goal to make you laugh at the computer becasue then it just make you look as insain as I am :twisted:]

Anonymous

"Well I know what we can't do, and that's go back up." he said, "So, the other option we have is explore where we are and hope that it goes somewhere."

"Before we do however, I'd like to put something here so no one dies because of my foolishness."  Fuh gestured up with his hand above them at the gaping hole in the ceiling.

"Lariet!" he comanded.  The light dimmed and a warm wind whirled about them.  Fuh stretched his hand upward and a stream of deep red followed the updraft.  The blood broke into many smaller streams and those broke off into an infinite number of smaller ones that filled the air and danced in the wind.  Fuh's robe billowed as the spell set into the area beneath the hole,  creating a wind that would slow most of what might fall.

Fuh looked to the girl and gave her a smile.  Looking around at the cave and it's possible escape routes made his face fall once more.  There were three exits, not counting the open maw in the ceiling.  To the left there was a hole near the ground about two feet in diameter.  Behind them there was a much larger tunnel, however it was about seven feet off the ground and sloped upwards from what Fuh could see.  The last exit was one that Fuh was the most worried about.  It was fifteen feet from where they were and to the left of the left-hand tunnel/crawl space.  It was also nothing more than a large hole in the ground that led to who knows where.  'What are we going to do about this?' he thought.

Anonymous

Charlie stood in awe at the power that the little Burr produce but shook her self out of the little daze.

She then looked around and noted the three exits. “Hmmm what shall we do now�, she wonder. She looked longing at the ceiling above. Wishing with all her might that they could go up. But wishes don’t come true just standing still. She knew the powers of float but she was too weak; an even at full power, she would be only able to lift either her or the burr. Then she went into her mind and thought of what would wolf would do. Instincts told her to find water, for water is something they would need to survive. Her mind told her that water would lead upwards. Same with air, find a draft and the air would lead them up.

She then thought about the choices logically. She had so far fallen into two holes and didn’t really want to fall into another, just look at where falling into holes bought her. There is the tunnel that was seven feet above them, if only height wasn’t the factor; that would be their best bet. Seeing how it is, that seem to be out of the question…unless…. She would keep that idea on the drawing board. She glance at the hole number two; if hole number one didn’t looked good, hole number two wouldn’t look pretty either. Especially since it looks even more forbidding.

“Here is an idea, let stay far, far, away from hole number one and two, and try to get up tunnel since it is going up. I can put you on my shoulder and see if you can reach the ledge, or I can throw you up there....that would also work,� Charlie just cheekily grin at Fuh, waiting for his responds.

OOC: any zombies around??????

Anonymous

Chardonnay groaned and crossed his arms, clawing his hands into his black robe. He hated patrols, the time between them almost seemed to evaporate and they were so tedious. Always the same tunnels and the same nothingness, unless something happened. Which usually, didn't. Not that he wanted anything to happen... the only person he would want to be in the tunnels with if a hostile showed up was Syrah, who wasn't here at the moment.

Well... if he had to choose between the rest of the group he would have chosen Zinfandel, at least she could hold her own in a fight. She wasn't as good as Syrah but she was still handy, if a bit creepy. Come to think of it, both the adult women in the Insurrection were creepy. Zinfandel looked the nightmare of mages that lurked in most of Connlaoth's mind: tall and wraithly pale, with long silver hair that almost floated around her, mad eyes that shifted constantly between light brown and green and a host of terrible monsters at her beck and call.

One such creature, a lizardlike thing she called Grey the War-lizard, marched ahead of her now, stopping every few seconds to lash the air with its black tongue. The thing was longer than he was tall and had a row of spikes from the tip of its nose to the end of the thickest part of its tail. It gave Chardonnay the creeps, and that one, according to Zinfandel, was the weakest.

After one tongue-flicking Grey made a deep rumbling noise in its throat and turned its head around to look back at them. Chardonnay flinched and saw Zinfandel stop and look over her own shoulder at him. "Grey's scented something," she said boredly.

"What?"

Zinfandel shrugged. "Something, we'll have to find out what. Onward Grey, take us to it."

Grey continued down the tunnel, both mages walking after it. After ten or so feet Zinfandel stopped suddenly and sniffed the air. Chardonnay slowed down when she stopped, looking up the trail at Grey and then at Zinfandel. "Zin?"

"Can you smell it?" She tilted her head up a bit, sniffing again.

"Smell what?" Chardonnay sniffed.

"The air is fresher here, we aren't close to the surface."

Chardonnay sniffed again and his eyes widened. The smell here did seem a bit different, he'd gotten used to breathing the air in the catacombs. "Soldiers?"

"No, we would have heard an explosion, felt it at the very least."

"Is there a hole to the surface near here?"

"You've been down here more often then I..."

Chardonnay scowled, not liking the reminder of just how many times he went out on patrol. It wasn't fair, just because he was a Healer didn't mean he had to go with everybody that moved two feet away from their base. "I don't think there is."

"Ah, we need to keep moving then, or we'll lose Grey," Zinfandel trotted after her creature, who'd stopped before it got out of eyesight.

Chardonnay groaned and ran after Zinfandel, following them straight to a dead end. He looked questioningly at Zinfandel, who summoned Grey back to the bracelet she wore around the arm that would have connected to her missing right hand.

"There," she pointed.

Chardonnay followed her pointing hand. There, about seven feet down from the tunnel they were standing in was a girl and a creature that looked like a rabbit. He perked his eyebrows and leaned forward, reaching up to brush a few locks of green hair away from his silver eyes.

"Watch yourself... Chardonnay!!"

Chardonnay cursed, feeling himself lean too far forward through some odd factor and go tumbling off the ledge. He hit the ground hard on his left shoulder and went rolling another foot or so before coming to a halt. Ouch... he felt sore all over and laid where he was, waiting to see which parts would numb down. Zinfandel could handle the duo if they were hostile...

Anonymous

Charlie didn’t hear what the burr’s reply if there was even a response to it because just before their eyes something fell out of the tunnel above them and plop into to the ground and rolled towards them.

Either out of fear or protectiveness, the wolf in her suddenly leaped out and she was change in an instance. Little wolf’s magic didn’t seem to be affect by her mistress power surge and seem to even grew as the thoughts to protect and serve penetrate through her mind.

She must protected her master, must protect the other creature.

But little wolf sense that his magic was strong, and could hold his own.

Must protect master, must protect “companion�.

That is what her human had called it.

The hairs on the back of the miniature wolf rose and she her lips were draw back to show off her very small and sharp canine teeth. A low warning rumble inside her and she shift her body towards the Burr. If the creature were hostile it would have to go through her first…. but the mind of the human took control once again.

“Down little wolf, down,� a voice called in Little Wolf’s mind. Little wolf tried to ignore it
but the voice was stronger and took control.

And once again Charlie was back, struggling to keep the wolf at bay, to keep the blackness away; a compromise was form and the wolf was able to stay in the back, giving some of her powers to Charlie; helping her stand against the nausea that the human felt during the instance changes.

In what was seconds, Charlie was back and stood, waiting for all of hell to break loose.

OCC: that will work :D welcome, nightcandle to this wacky adventure :twisted:

Anonymous

'Oh, god!  This whole changing business scares me more than anything that little guy could conjure up, that gal has some serious issues with her other half.' Fuh thought.

Still, his ears were directing the light toward the commotion, "Eviz!" and his hands were readying a small lightning to stun whatever it was that had unceremoniously stumbled into the cavern.  

"What are you, and why did you fall?  Is that a safety mechanism that you use to confuse prey and enemies into thinking that you are idiotic and harmless while really you are luring them closer so you may make good your first strike!  Do you even have ears to hear me or do you pick up vibrations from the ground and air that give away your prey's position?  Have I just made a grave mistake by speaking?  Can you change shape too, I bet it’s something hideous and demonic!" the idea almost seemed to excite him even more, the words simply flying out of his mouth.

Then he glanced up and saw the woman and the lizard thing, "Aha!  You have an accomplice!  And It has an accomplice!  What a gold mine!  If I could just get an interview before we're eaten, I'd like to jot down a few things and leave them for my book that I'll get my brother to finish for me, such a shame that I won't be there to see it's debut but, anything for the good of the Burr Bestiary! . . .  No.  No, no, no, no, no, please excuse me, I'm getting too excited," and indeed, his long ears were quivering with the anticipation, "I have already caused a large amount of needless trouble by jumping to heinous conclusions, in case you haven't noticed the ceiling." he glanced up, "Am I going too fast?  Let me try a different approach.  Mie-yuh. nay-yum. izzz. Fuuuh.  Who arrre yoooooou?"

Anonymous

((Yay! I love wackiness, wackiness is fun.))

Growling... not good. Questions... not good, but better. Maybe. No. Not good, they were starting to make his head hurt more than the fall did. Chardonnay groaned, staying completely still.

Zinfandel cocked her head to the side, watching the duo. The girl turning into a wolf and the rabbit creature's lightning bolt caught her interest. She wouldn't make herself known yet, it was best they didn't see her so she could observe them. If Chardonnay was alive she'd know in a moment. He was in no danger he couldn't help himself. From what she was watching now at the very least.

She froze when the rabbit creature looked up at her and babbled on, her eyes widening when she mentioned an accomplice. She unsummoned Grey, could this creature see the ripple he left in reality? Fascinating. She took a handful of feathers from a belt of pouches at her waist, tossed them in the air and spun in them. Her hair and the hem of her robe seemed to be suspended in mid-twirl, slowly moving back down to their natural lying position. After the spin she stepped off the edge of the tunnel and drifted down, her body swaying side to side as she fell.

"Greetings Fuh, young miss," she said once she was on the ground. "I am Zin, this was Chardonnay," she nudged the green-haired boy's hip with a toe, getting a groan out of him. "Is Chardonnay. We mean you no harm."

Chardonnay peeled his face off the ground, lying on his palms. Nothing felt broken, he was just sore from the tumble and would be black and blue for a few days.

Anonymous

Charlie just stared at the two in front of her.  At least the wolf inside was kept bay at the simple words from Zin. So many questions rushed inside her mind but Charlie wasn't quite sure she could trust them as she trusted Fuh, maybe because falling into holes with
a stranger and uncertian death come up at you literally can make you trust anyone.  She then shrugged  to her self and thought she should interduce herself.

"My name is Charlie, and I apolgies for Little Wolf, we both aren't used to sharing the same mind," again she shrugged and gave a smalll grin. Then she looked down at Chardonnay and frown, while thinking that falling was sure the way to get around here, wherever this place is.

"Do you need anything, 'cause I have some herbs for any pained and such" she grabbed for her pouch and stared to look for things that might help for such a fall that he tooked.
She puased and looked at Zin.

"By the way, what are you guys, I dont't think I have ever seen the likes of you before," she asked thnking might as well to clear somethings up and went look for those herbs.

Anonymous

The lightning spell that he had ready, he dropped in to the dirt by his side where it fizzeled and went out.  The light that he had shining above all of their heads receeded a bit to a soft glow that broke into two, each being controlled by a different ear, and each floating over a different party.

"Well, well, greetings Miss. Zin and Chardonnay." Fuh gave them a deep bow, then turned his head from the ground to look directly at them, his head going back at a sickening angle.

"Fuh the Burr at your service.  Ambassador to the Burr people that live deep in the confines of this world," he straightened up with pride, then wilted, his long ears drooping to the sides of his head.  "Well actually, I have not done a very good job in fulfilling that position, never actually made it to the Above-Ground, you see.  I was actually bowled over by Charlie here and created a sink-hole and we fell and she saved us and I got her down and now we're pretty much, uh, here."

His gaze had fallen to the crumbled dirt at his feet, which he gave a small kick of defeat.  The spell that he had set into the area spun it up and into his face, and he sputtered from trying to take in a breath at the same instant it flew at him.

*cough*  *cough*  *cough*

Anonymous

Zinfandel tilted her head to the side when the young woman offered two names. Did she have a split personality? She heard something about that back on her old village, of course it was explained there as a sign of the curse of magic. She took a step back when Fuh's magic kicked up the little dust cloud.

Chardonnay looked a bit bewildered when Charlie offered him some medicine. "No thanks I'll be-oof," Chardonnay groaned a bit, as he was trying to push himself back up on his knees while talking. "I think I'll take some."

Zin scowled at Chardonnay and ran her hand through her hair. "I wouldn't bother with the surface world Fuh. They're all insane up there, show one lick of magic and they'll put you in irons. They hate the cursed, which we are, with a bitter passion and can't tell the difference between us and normal magic us-."

"Because there is no difference," Chardonnay sneered. "Don't listen to her, she's not right in the head."

Anonymous

Charlie sneeze at the dust ball and looked up sharply as ZIn noted the difference between a crused and normal magic, thinking about her past; as a mage apprentice. There was some towns that even her master wouldn't dare go because of his magic.

"I don't think any of us are truly right in the head," she smirked, thinking about little wolf, Fuh and the crused that surrounded her now and her sick twisted master that cursed her.

Then Charlie just shrugged her sholder and bent down her head to find what she was looking for. It was a herb with no named and rare enough that a person would have to be  told what and where it was to find it. Her master showed her the cave where they grew one or two plants  and then made her grin each root to a fine black powder. She took her pouch and pored some into a liquid in her pouch.  She then walked towards Chardonnay and kneel down beside him.

"Here drink this, it will helps with the pain to vanish quickly." She handed him the vile; then looked up at ZIn," What makes you guys crused if there is no difference?" while wondering about her crused.

OOC: jsut to let people know that I am going away for two weeks where i might not be able to write, so I write soon or in two weeks :D