Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

A Hole

Started by Anonymous, June 07, 2005, 07:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

(( I noticed that I haven't explained Fuh's feet, so just think of them as something like rabbit feet, long and narrow, but there is no hopping involved.))

"Yes, please explain the circumstances, they seem veryvery intriguing, if you don't mind." he asked of Zin.

"Oh, and what are irons?  Never heard of them myself, don't they have something to do with flattening, or maybe vegetables, hmmm . . . oh well.  As I was saying,   Cursed?  With magic?  In the Burr city everyone is born with a small bit of magic.  Only those who want to learn it, do; the others, just forget and it fades away.  I am an Elementalist, as you may well have been able to tell.  Lightning, Air and Earth come easiest to me, as well as a light spell that my brother taught me.  Fire I find too fickle, Water too wet," he gave a little shudder at this, "And if I may ask one more question, what did happen to that, uh, creature . . ."

Fuh glanced at the hole that they had come from and it was disturbingly empty.  A creature of that size could probably eat him very quickly.  Then again, he thought, there are probably a great deal of creatures that could eat him, or any Burr, from the Above-Ground.  Should he listen to Zin and forget about the Above-Ground altogether?  If everyone is insane up there, then those that live below must be the sane ones.  Perhaps the Sun is the cause of this!  Yes, that would explain why the Burr left to live where there is no Sun.  Still, why would the Council send an Ambassador to the Above-Ground, if the Sun is the cause that sent the Burr away?  Nothing made any sense!

Anonymous

((Okie dokie. Sorry it took me so godawful long to reply, I've been bu-sy ^_^;; ))

"I'm not insane," Chardonnay muttered. He took the vial, and after sniffing it, put it to his lips and drank it down in one gulp. At first he thought it was willow, but it wasn't woodsy enough and whatever was added mixed cleanly with the liquid. No bits of ground plant matter or anything. Chardonnay's eyes widened and he raised an eyebrow. Perhaps it was magical? Chardonnay was thinking so hard about it that he didn't notice the soreness fading from his limbs.

Zinfandel grinned with Charlie and Fuh urged her to talk more about the cursed. It was so nice to find people that would understand. But, before that... she might as well explain what happened to Grey, mentioning him after explaining about the curse would make it seem trivial. "My servant Grey has gone back to his own place. He exsists and doesn't exsist." Zinfandel grinned wider, eager to start explaining just what they were.

Chardonnay frowned. Trying to stop her now would be like stopping a thunderstorm, without any weather magic.

"We," she gestured to herself and Chardonnay. "Would have been normal humans without the curse. The curse never lets you think you're normal, no, never," she shook her head for emphasis. "From the cradle you feel odd, different. You can all but feel it creeping through your blood like a sickness, a sickness you can't cure. There's no bottling it up either, it'll come out. It's always different, a flash of fire, a strong wind inside a house, a broken limb suddenly healed, a flick of a hand calling a monster from nothing," she gestured with her own hand, sweeping it up dramatically.

"If a normal person sees you, then the soldiers come and everybody dies, everybody but the ones that bring the soldiers. The soldiers bring the irons, oh the irons, they have nothing to do with making something flat or with vegetables. They're like bracelets," she held out of her arms. "and they go around your wrists. They've got a short chain connected to each one so you can barely move your arms. Sometimes they put them on your ankles too, if they don't have a lot of people to capture. You, Fuh, are so very lucky to have been born where the curse is accepted. What about you Charlie? Do you have a mother out there crying tears of joy because her strange little girl won't be threatening the entire village?"

Anonymous

Charlie thought about what Zin had asked. She just shook her head.

"I don't think my mother even remember she had daughter," Charlie grin. " i have been gone from home so long, but my mother doesn't even know she has a strange little girl. I didn't even know i had magic untill i travel about the world looking for something, found it in my hands and made a small living doing magic tricks untill a mage took intrest and taught me a few things." Charlie than stooded up and started to pace, thinking over what Zin had said, " I am too cruse, but in a different way, my once a upon of master put a wolf pup to share my mind and still i haven't took control yet, so my little wolf comes out at the oddest time," then she trun around and stared at Zin." you said soldiers comes and put the crused ones in chains and every one dies but them,  who is every one and do you know who the soldiers are?"

Anonymous

Fuh was riveted by the tale and the last example, he deduced, was Zin's own tale.  But her description of the cursed and what it was to feel cursed seemed to be exactly what he had always felt.  He could feel the magic in his blood even now, though it was easier than usual because it was now infused with the air in this cavern.  As long as his blood flowed the enchantment would be here.  A magic like that was a proud undertaking that proved skill in magic and daring in infusing the spell with it's caster's blood.  The magical accomplishment seemed like something that the soldiers would put him in irons for, the way that Zin described it.  It seemed horrible; most of his people would be put in these irons if soldiers found them.  There was a pressing question that Fuh just had to ask her though.

"Do these irons c-cut off your hands?"  He couldn't imagine what it was like to be without an appendage; but Zin managed it, and perhaps those irons were the cause of her angst about the curse.  Whatever the reason, he couldn't help but be curious as to where irons would fall in the catalog that he was going to create.  They didn't sound like creatures, or some kind of plant or anything.  There was only ONE way to solve this!  A MISCELLANEOUS section!

Fuh's eye's began to stare off into space as he bacme enraptured in his own thoughts and he began to mumble quietly, "Ah, yes . . . hmmm, table of contents . . . and then an intro . . . blow them away . . . danger and bravery . . . a tale of . . . yes, Fuh the . . ."

"PICTURES ! ! !" he burst, startling himself out of the reverie, "Oh . . . is it time to go somewhere?  Why's everyone staring . . . "

Anonymous

Chardonnay folded his legs underneath him and rested his hands in the open space between them. Damn Zinfandel, filling their brains up with ghost stories and getting them all riled up. If Syrah were here he'd tell them what was really going on. Hmph, Syrah was leader of this little circus, he should be able to control this maniac. Maybe he should stop her and tell them the truths in this matter. Syrah would appreciate that, he was really too important to worry about all this small-

That rabbit man just blurted out pictures, didn't he? Chardonnay stared openly.

Zinfandel started at Fuh's outburst, having previously occupied herself with thinking about how to put a wolf pup in someone's head, it sounded like an interesting experiment. Her hair flared up around her head like a cobra's hood.

Opportunity? Looked like the best he'd get. If he waited Zin would start talking and she'd get angry at him for interrupting her. "Zinfandel, keep quiet," Chardonnay said calmly.

Zinfandel's eyes narrowed. She bit her bottom lip and crossed her arms, all but shooting daggers at Chardonnay. Her foot thumped irritably and she looked away from him.

Chardonnay ignored her. "Forgive Zin, she was born 'outside'. When the soldiers, they live in the kingdom above our heads, find a magic user, not a cursed I'll tell you why that's wrong in a moment, they usually get rid of them and anyone thought to be sympathetic. Maybe that's how it happened when Zin got captured, but it's not how it happens all the time."

Zinfandel's pale face turned bright red and she began to pace, angrily slamming her feet against the ground.

Chardonnay continued: "Irons aren't really dangerous by themselves, they're just little metal bands that keep you from moving your limbs too far away from each other. Zin lost her hand because she was tortured, she lost her mind too apparently. That happens alot to mages that were born 'outside' - we Connlaothian magic users call the people that don't use magic that. Zin probably grew up hearing about how magic was a curse, she's adapted fairly well though. Most of them commit suicide or turn themselves in," Chardonnay shrugged. "They're dead either way."

Anonymous

Charlie stared turn sharply towards Fuh at his loud outburst of Pictures. She just raised an eyebrow at him but her glaze soon trun to Chardonnay as he started to talk about the chains and soldiers again and what was wrong with Zin and magic.

Not really knowing what to say to that, she turn and started to pace with Zin.  Thinking over what Chardonnay had said her mind once again was filled with questions, but something in the air change and stopped charlie in her tracks. She turn to one of the holes in this cavern and crept towards it but not getting to close. She really didn't want to a repeat of falling into holes. She sniffed the air like a wolf would do, as Litlle Wolf became alert. While trying to process the smell it faded  as if it was whisk away but the tension in her grew.

" I don't think we are alone anymore," she growed,  and tooked out her knife that lay hidded in her boot while keeping a tight leashed on little wolf, not knowing if she would have enough magic to change if needed to.

OOC: any ideas what charlie is smelling?  :twisted:

Anonymous

"Thral Eviz," Fuh whispered under his breath.

He held out his hand and eyed the hole Charlie was staring at.  Cracking lightnings crept down his arm and congealed into a ball as his ears directed the light over Charlie and him to the hole; where it entered and dissapeared.

The light turned a corner, it's glow still visible on the wall.

A pulse of brilliance echoed the demise of the light and the hole receeded into darkness.

"I think we need to leave,"  He called to the rest without taking his eyes from the hole.  A rummble reverberated through the earth beneath them.  Something either very large or very powerful was on it's way to make a meal of them.  "Chardonnay, Zin, what is that?  And will it not like lightining?"

He began to back up toward the tunnel that the two had just come from.  His previous airheadedness gone, replaced with concentrated resolve.  Fuh's ears quivered with anticipation and fear of the unknown entity.

"Saggets" he said softly, invoking more electricity and a slight wind that ruffled his robe, which was soon crawling with sparks.  Fuh could do a powerful amount of magic, but even he had his limits.  The protection of his friends was of the utmost importance though, and he would gladly reach those limits for them.

Anonymous

Both mages looked towards Charlie when she went for the dagger in her boot, their eyes trailing to the hole once they saw that it was what drew her attention.

Zinfandel all but pounced on Chardonnay and began flapping her hand around wildly. Chardonnay, who was half expecting something like that, but half hoping it wasn't going to happen squeaked; trying not to scream outright and draw the whatever's attention up to them.

Then he realized he could have screamed his head off. Fuh sent a ball of lightning sizzling down into the hole and soon after it dissapeared there was a loud rumble. Not good, not good at all.

"You can talk now ZInfandel," Chardonnay paled and scrambled back a foot.

Zinfandel grinned widely and stood up, her eyes locking onto the hole. "I don't know, but I might soon."

"Z-Zin, I don't think that'll be a good idea," Chardonnay mumbled, looking back at Fuh and Charlie. Why couldn't she be sane like them and know when something was a threat?

"Have you forgotten our duty Chardonnay?" Zinfandel pulled the boy to his feet by his shoulders and looked to Fuh and Charlie. "It's our duty to make sure these catacombs are fairly safe."

Chardonnay hmph-ed and took a step back. "You're just trying to see if you can capture it."

Zinfandel's grin became a smirk. She glided over to Chardonnay and put a finger on his lips. "If you don't go with me I'll tell Syrah that you've been avoiding your duty."

Chardonnay's face turned dark red. How could she? This had revenge written all over it! Just because he used her little 'true name' foolishness to get her to shut up! He made a grumbling sound and gave Fuh and Charlie an apologetic look. He wasn't quite sure what he was looking sorry for, but it felt like a good thing to do.

Zinfandel's smirked turned back into a grin. She grabbed onto Chardonnay's wrist and looked at Fuh and Charlie. "Well met. We'll see each other again, perhaps."

And with that, she dragged Chardonnay to the hole and both leapt down it.

((Sorry, I've gotta pull these two out of this thread. I'll be leaving for a little eternity soon ^^;; there's more info in my sig.))

Anonymous

“Ummmm, what just happen here?� Charlie asked out loud.

She listen as the creature that was going to  come out of the hole soon trun around and disappear as well as the barely heard sound of feet chasing after it, whatever that thing was.

Charlie just couldn’t quite comprehend what had happen. One minuet, Zin and Chardonnay was there, and the next they jump in to the hole, with rushed goodbyes and was gone.

“WELL, this is just dandy,â€? Charlie smirked and started to pace again. Brooding over the disappearance of the two very people that could of led out of here wouldn’t help the situation anymore. If Fuh and Charlie were thinking correctly; they should have asked ZIn  where they were at and the way out, but the need to introduce each other got in the way. Now, here they were, back to square one. Only this time, at least they known some of the dangers here, beware of solider and unseen big creatures, gotcha. She stopped pacing and turn to her furry companion. “Well, any others idea?â€?

OCC: if any one wants to help two very confuse souls, feel free to join. any new blood is welcome.... :twisted:

Anonymous

"Well well well, I think that we should head that way," Fuh says, pointing in the direction of the hole that Chardonnay fell out of, "they talked as though there were other people here, somewhere or why else would they be making these 'Catacombs' safe?"

What an interesting word:  ka-ta-kome.  Well, it is a mystery to be solved another day I suppose, for now we need a way out and, since I cannot reverse a sinkhole, it looks like we're going up there.  Zid did say that that thingy was gone, it looked hungry, hmmm . . . . Ahhhh!  No time No time No time ! ! !

"Come on Charlie!  Langlic Callow!" the words rang throughout the cave and to Fuh they became solid and tangible, magic transfiguring and manipulating the immediate world around them to obey the Elementalist.  Wind whipped around and around, picking up the loose dirt, rock, girl and Burr and hurling it up into the cave above.  Fuh was spun violently into one side of the tunnel entrance, while Charlie was blown further down into the dark depths.  The glowing light that had lit the SinkHole Cave was extinguished as Fuh lost conciousness, but not before he witnessed the small section of the cave floor they had just been on top of crumble and fall away into darkness.  Hope you're OK Chardonnay and Zinfandel.

Anonymous

Why is it, that very time this very, small, furry, magical, creature moves them, she blacks out? was the very first thought that enter into Charlie's mind as she came too. After that burst of magic that sent them into the tunnel above, she was thrown agaist the wall where she banged her head and blacked out. She open up her eyes to see a lump of something a couple of feet in front of her. She blinked and then stared at that lump, for she could of sworn it just twitch. Then realization hit her and she could make the outline of the Burr with twitiching ears. She groan, when she tried to crawl over to him, knowing if she got up, she would just land in the same spot again; most likly in the same postion. Her head hurt, her chest was sore, her back ache, and so did her legs, etc. But she kept on crawing to Fuh, because deep down inside she knew that if he wasn't ok it would pained her. At this moment though, she wouldn't mind if he was a little hurt, for a sharp pain went through her chest as she breath heavly.

What tooked forever, was just minuets, with one last effort she was able to crawl and rest her head agaist his small little chest. Good, he was breathing deeply. She rolled on her back and lifted her one of her hands and with little thought of light, a small ball appeared and glowed brightly, making a circle of light around them. She set the ball next to her and went through her pouch. There, she brought out a small bag, open it and flung tiny gold particles in his feline-like face. He should wake in mere seconds or at most, in minuets, and while she waited, she would used him as a pilliow. It was the least he could do since he was the one who gave her this head ache.

Anonymous

OOC: It's ache honey.

Fuh was deep.  It was far from the surface.

Glittering rain.  Now the surface is just within reach.  It seems to happen in slow motion, his hand slowly breaches the surface.  And then he's awake, staring at a soft glow from above him.

There’s a slight pressure on his chest and he lifts his head to find Charlie there, fast asleep.

Ah, well what to do now?  That was a bumpy landing by the way, ought to remember not to give it so much power next time.  This woman seems to need a great deal of rest every so often . . . I suppose that I should wait for her to wake up, but we need a bit more light to better asses the situation.

"Illimus Danae Meli Charlie" He said.

The link between magic and motion is Fuh's domain.  The motions of sound waves, hand signals, and thoughts (because, does thought not move?) are his specialties.  Therefore, Fuh is able to tune in to the actions of others and the motion that is their magic, once it is in effect.  He is an Elementalist, but he is also a Burr a feline bumbler, the clumsiness and the intelligence all rolled into a little package.

So, when he said the words, he said them in tune, so to speak, with Charlie's work to create a billowing strand of light that swirled and spun throught the tunnel and back into the cave where they had just been.

Anonymous

At the sudden burst of light, Charlie woke up with a start, not knowing that she felled asleep on Fuh’s belly. He was a very comfortable pillow. She glances up at him to see that he was a wake. “Well, at least we are somewhere else, then.� She mumbles. She also notices that after the short little naps that all of her aches were gone. She frown a little, thinking that very since Little wolf had joined her, she seem to heal quickly. She shrugged it off and then notice that her stomach was rumbling. Without moving her head, she dug in her pack and found some salted jerky and a flat piece of bread with a small jug of water. She then turn and looked into Fuh’s eyes, “Well, I don’t know if you eat meat or not, but that’s all I have got, except for some flat bread. Hey what do you Burrs eat?� then, thinking on that question, she started again, “Between falling into holes and strangers we haven't really talked about our past so tell me something about your Burr kind.� Then took a big bite in her jerky as she waited for his answer.

OCC: yeah what do you Burr's eat??? i am just stalling since i have writer's block on this one, unless we can add a fight sence...then i can use little wolf  :twisted:

Anonymous

Fuh looked sadly at Charlie as he registered her question.  The problem with that question was that he didn't trust the answers anymore.  What could he tell her?  Or what couldn't he tell her?  Trust, to Fuh was never a big issue, and now he questioned it intensely.

"You see Charlie," he said, deciding then to retain his usuall stance on everything, "The Burr have lied to me.  And for a very long time I have been blinded, because I believed them.  We are ruled by a Council that decides the important decisions, the decisions that most Burr don't even give a second glance.  A new tunnel here, maintenance on that tunnel there, greenhouses on the lower levels, upkeep on the water system now and then, blahblahblah.  OK?  Right.  They also keep The Records.  Public documents that cite achievements and events of the Burr society since the first council was created.  It also cites the Render.

"The Burr, long ago, when the Sun and the Moon still shed their light on our actions, helped in the creation of a spell to create a darkness over the world that would halt a race of creatures fuled by light.  They were called the Sammeneth.  It was a cheap escape, but one of the only options available to them at the time.  It was a slaughter of a whole race of beings.  The Sammeneth were a race of conquerers that would have disrupted the Burr community, so the council decided that the world was better off without them.  Half of the twelve Council died in the creation of the spell that only lasted thirty-six hours, but it was enough to starve the Sammeneth into annihilation.  This feat saved and doomed the Burr at the same time.

"The other races led a crusade against the Burr, one, for their mighty and terrible spell, that caused death in many other ways to may other beings, and two, for destroying a race of other entities.  They hunted us and slaughtered as we slaughtered, destroyed as we destroyed; forcing us to flee, an option we never gave the the Sammeneth.

"And no one else knows.  Ever since, we have lived alone, far far away and cut-off.  The Above-Ground has become a place of unatainable beauty, a heaven, if you will, to Burr.  Not one other Burr has ever gone to the records and read the true story.  They eat what the council feeds them, though the truth hides in plain sight.  The Council changed the story, and those that once knew the true tale have long since passed."

Anonymous

"I believed it too.  I believed everything that they said because I never knew any better.  I always thought that the species of the Above-Ground banished us because they hated how proficient we were at magic.  I believed that the Above-Grounder's had hated us so much that they had begun hunting us, killing as may as they could because of their envy.

"Every so often the Council expalin the unusual occurence here and there on an attack from the Above-Grounders and their continual malice.  The cave collapse that killed my father was deemed an unexpected breach into one of the tunnels by a mage on a suicide mission.

"I don't believe it.  A few weeks ago my brother Huf and I stumbled into the Records hall and I decided that I would see how far back the records really went.  There was always an ongoing argument as to how far back they really went, so I decided to get some proof.  That's when I stumbled on the Render.  That wasn't before Huf got caught keeping guard for me and, though I never mentioned that I had found the Render, from that day on, members of the Council had begun to visit and inquire about us.  I thought that the title of Ambassador to the Burr was a great honor at the time, but that was before I realized the truths that I had read in the Render and what they revealed about the nature of the Council.

"Do you see what I am talking about now?" he finished

Anonymous

(OCC: me want monkey...monkey soute!!! ME WANT IT!....ok on the the show...story...thingy....)

Charlie had been snaking on her beef jerky as she listened to Fuh’s sad tale of his homeland. She didn’t want to interrupt because who knows when Fuh and her would ever have a chance to just to sit and talk. When Fuh finished and asked her question. She pause her chewing to stop and think about it. Then Gulp…she swallow her now deteriorated piece of meat and answered.

“So, your people are under the control of the government because they made a mistake of out casting them self under ground and no one knows the truth except for you, and to get rid of you they made you ambassador and sent you to your doom in the “Above-World�…huh…. so are you going to do anything about it? I mean you know the truth, you know that the government is corrupt…you know no one else knows the truth. Accepted for maybe the government and your brother. You have so many choices, Fuh. I wonder what are you going to do now? Go up to the sun and moon, to stay or bring back news? Or go up to bring proof of a better home and truth, or now you can go down and start a revolution.�

A wolfish gleam glowed in Charlie eyes. All the possibility was endless. A part of Charlie’s mind had been taking a nap but now was stirred at the smell of an adventure. The wolf in her was restless, it wanted to hunt, whether for the truth or for deer, she wanted to move. She needed to move. The dark place was not like the dark caves that she once knew of her home. This place, what ever it is, held a movement that caused the fur off of Her back to rise up. It was time to move, in words, in movement, and in thinking, it was time to move.

With that,  the thought lingering in her mind it became a beat, beating slowly and steady like that os a sleeping babe at first; before it stared to picked up speed and raced in her mind. Making Charlie dizzy and sick, making her to break out in a cold sweet, with teeth chattering and her head buring up, Charlie started into Fuh eyes before a transformation of her becoming into something greater happen.
 Charlie then twist and trun, her figure becoming something that wasnt human but neither wolf, with a fingures here and a tail there; the two spieces seem to fighting each for control and in secs the battle ot Human and Animal was soon over. The Wolf won and instead a minture wolf, there standing was a wolf of silver and lanky with height over Fuh now. It wasnt quiet a full grown but it wasnt a pup either. Stuck in between the two, her golden eyes glowed with  arrogance of the young and yet experiance and power.
In a very low voice, that seem wispered as if it didn't need to be speak any louder, the she-wolf spoke.

"Do not be alarm, Fuh of the Burrs, I am still Charlie's wolf but a warining and power needed to come out. Fuh from the underground, it is time to move, time to move in actions and movements. You must chose, and quickly, for now Charlie is in your fate for she will learn a lot from you, but it is time to move,  for something is coming in this darkness and we must go.  Chose and move, it is time to go." and there the proud she-wolf stood, waitng for the Burr.

Anonymous

"Charlie?" Fuh questioned, but there in the she-wolf's eye's a reassuring flicker of the small girl's.

"Uh, alright.  Well, I was going to create Fuh's Fabulous Beasts of the Above-Ground and then go from there . . .  I . . . I just, I need to see it.  I need to see the Above-Ground, please," Fuh could no longer hide the desperation from his voice, nor from himself.

He looked down, then back into the eyes of the wolf and there lay his answer.  A fierce resolve and defiance stared back at the silver-haired beauty.  A look that said "Let's go."

Fuh had come to believe so whole-heartedly on what he was taught that he still didn't want to believe the truths that lay ahead, and those that he had already discovered.  He had to have proof.  That the Above-Ground was a place of sanctuary from the lies of the Burr Council seemed so much to hope for.  Hope, however, was all that he had and all that he could keep.  It had to be enough.

Anonymous

The She-wolf smiled as a wolf only can, and again she spoke,

“Good chose, Fuh of the Burrs. We will go to the above world, but a warning, there is some truth in the council about the above world being a dangerous place, it is for all things that lived up there, strength and courage will be your best weapons and if you have those, you will survive. Come, the dark is stirring and it will soon consume us if we do not hurry.�

With that the She-wolf turned and keeping a hard pace, they went into the darkness with only the light of hope and courage to lead their way.

Without even stopping to even sniff the air, the she-wolf knew where she was going. This place was magical, a haven for those who wished to hide, and so the walls hummed with magic, the ceiling, even their path whispered of spells. Even those who resigned here did not know this, or feel its power. The magic coved itself in the darkness and only those who seek it out will feel its power. The She-wolf sought any magic; it was in train in her mind, to aid the human she must protect, at all cost.

So with twist and turns, going up hill and down hill the She-wolf lead the to the very heart of the catacombs, for that is what the walls told her, the deepest and darkest part. It was the only way out with out being seen of the mages and others. The heart sent out a warning to all creatures that dare enter here, and all creatures had left, not knowing why, for it was the heart of where the magic that laid and wants not to be disturbed. But it has been disturbed and the warning came a hundred times full and the She-wolf knew must go in for this is what made her hair raised up, made her want to move, move out of the darkness. It was now her own, personal demon. She turns to the Burr.

“Oh small mighty one, here are real adventure begins, are true test of strength before we enter the above ground. Prepare your self, here lies a creature I must defeat and you must help aid me. I will protect you at all cost and when I say run, you must run until you fly out. The time to move is running still, but now it is time to stand and defend comes now. Hop on my back, and we will ride together and conquer together.�

OCC: :twisted: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA....what demon lies in the heart of darkness :shock: did i just said that? ugh....i didn't like that book but i think ms. hickman will be proud 8)

Anonymous

OOC:  Unfortunately I think she'd be proud too.  Did you have to bring her up?

Fuh raced along behind the-wolf-that-was-Charlie, keeping pace with her well.  As they ran faster the Burr's body leaned foreward, his ears flattened back, and his head turned up at that sickening angle as his feet pushed off the ground beneath.

Fuh felt the warning in the very marrow of his being, an extreme magical urge to leave immediately, to turn around and never return by his own will.  The wolf however didn't even slow at the warning, and neither would Fuh, his life would depend on her, he knew.

[Then they were there.  A place of magic so thick that you could taste it on the air and feel it between your fingers, a snap could create a spark, but a call to the power could invoke an inferno.  At the wolf's request he scrambled up her side and placed himself on top, upright, with ears at attention.  He could feel her power from such close contact, as mighty and terrible as anything that he could call up himself, only she seemed to be a source of strength, almost an avatar of something too powerful for this plane.]

It was here too.  Something that he had never encountered, never sensed, and never would have believed if he hadn't felt it for himself.

OOC:  You can edit out anything in brackets, I'm not sure exactly where we're going, so I didn't really know how to describe it, or you for that matter.  OK?  So pm me and I'll do whatever you ask.

Anonymous

When her little furry creature hopped on her back, the She-wolf took running into the darkness of the unknown.

The creature that sleeps in the heart of the catacombs felt something prickling in the back of it’s mind and slowly woke up. It didn’t know what just had entered its lair and was not too happy to be awake. It groaned, a loud deafening noise that shook the walls and floor causing other dark creatures to stir. It stretches its feline-like limbs and stood; almost hitting the ceiling whipping it’s tail back and froth. For a creature so large and powerful, it didn’t make a sound as it liquid-like stagger cross to what the annoyance of the tiny company that was coming its way would meet at. It blended with the darkness for the darkness had a depth that covered its pitch-black body well. Creating an illusion that it was the darkness. It stood in the middle of the heart and waited.

The She-wolf felt the creature stirring as it had felt her coming. They were like the side of coin, that had been flipped in the air and landed spinning, fighting for dominance. Each represented the opposite of the other. But what was being represented was lost over time for both were neither good nor evil, black or white, love or hate. Both had shades of gray in their veins, and the battles from generations and generations back in their blood. It was the fate in their bloods that had nothing to do with the personage more than it had to do with the soul. It was time to meet, it was time to fight, and it was to test the greater for the weaker would be destroy. It is time for what their ancestors started for them  to finished. It was time to right a wrong.

Both creatures scented each other and both raised their defenses up. Just before the she would greet the creature of the night; she stopped and turned her head to the small companion that straddle her back. “Can you spell the sweet acid in the air? That is the only clue we are near it. I must warn you, it does not fear fire and fire is it powers, but water is it weakness, I can not tell you how I know, I just do, it is time.�

The blackness shook and the creature pounce.

OCC: well folks here you have it...enjoy!

OCC: I had to edit it again because my dearest mummy wanted me to clear some things up. So thaks mummy!!! this passage is yours.