Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Day and Night collide: checkin' the sights

Started by Anonymous, June 08, 2005, 12:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A simply gorgeous day, the sun shining in a gentle way, the wind light, and it seemed like a well-rounded day. Perhaps even boring to some, but to Amaie she preferred boring days to troublesome ones, at least to her recent 'troubles'. Although, adventures were most gladly welcomed instead of idle stupor. Then again, it just depends on her moods which are prone to fluctuate like any normal women's. And this always leads to a sibling fight with her brother, Kieli, but that's okay at least in the end.

Kieli sighed and trailed behind the shorter, much more fair skinned sibling. He was still wondering why she had bought a hat with their minimal amount of money, but decided not to question. While he tagged his bright blue eyes trailed around him, a brow raised, wishing he wasn't here and back in the woods. He was more comfortable in places like that, not in villages with silly humans who's smell was quite powerful with all of their things. Encountering a woman with perfume did aweful things to the nose.

Amaie, was energetically sweeping her pastel blue gaze over nearby trinkets, oohing and awwing, reminding Kieli of a whelp. She straightened her hat a moment, arms crossed over her chest loosely. She wore a dress that reached to her ankles, exactly how her over-protective brother liked it. But she wasn't one to bare a thigh anyway. It was just odd through their differences they somehow managed to meet a compromise.

Standing in the middle of town near a stand, her eyes wandering over everything with a jubilant smile as she praised the handywork to the owner of the produce. Her brother was across the road, not far of course, looking scruffier with his hair mussed and it loose pants and shirt. He didn't really care - he never wore clothes long. He usually travelled in the much swifter way of the wolf. But, being a normal man, what caught his attention was the food... Fruit and vegetables weren't too bad, really.

She continued to examine the trinkets, trying to avoid by being pushed or hit as people passed her, sometimes knocking her which left her to straighten her hat or glance to her brother. Their connection was very strong and if he felt anyone was attacking her he'd never think twice about attacking. But he was too involved with the food so that left her quite safe to start wandering down the cobblestone road. Which she happily did, avoiding getting hit, of course. Nothing really to do in town... Her brother wouldn't allow them to stay too long here so she was happy to take in the sights and the actions of all these people, their species so varied.. It was magnificient, actually.

Anonymous

Tynek strolled down the street of the small town enjoying the sights and smells of such a wonderfull day. Being in town always gave him such a feeling of optimism, like this time would be different, this time nothing would spark his temper... Ah well that wasn't something he wanted to think about now. The wonderfull thing about being half werewolf was you could really enjoy the very small amounts of normal life you got. a typical villager was going about their business, oblivious to the wonderfull sights and sounds around them, perhaps smiling a little because of the warm weather but experiencing nothing of the general euphoria Tynek was enjoying. With his keen nose and ears he could be in the middle of a crowded street and still enjoy a fabulous bit of birdsong from the other side of one of the buildings, or smell the freshly baked apple pie cooling on a windowsill  up the street. Yes, being a halfwerewolf did have it's advantages, although the disadvantages rather drowned them out if you compared them.

He smiled and took a deep breath. It was days like this that kept him coming back to towns at all. From here he could smell the freshly harvested grain being traded up the road, the roses being sold by a small girl wandering  the street, the frsh baked bread from the bakery, the all the cats and dogs and- Something else. He took another breath,yes there was definatly something else here, something familiar! Another wolf? perhaps his brother Relken or his parents had wandered into the same town at the same time, it seemed unllikely but it was still possible. He hurried up the street trying to get a glimpse of whatever the smell was coming from. Yes, there up the street a street a very pretty girl, examining the trinkets of some of the merchants. But the smell wasn't exactly what he had thought. It was similar but subtley different from his family. Oh well, whatevr she was she was pretty and worth talking to at least.

He went to the merchant across the street and bought a jade and silver comb the ornamental kind that stays in your hair. Simple, but still pretty. Then he went up to the strange girl, "Excuse me miss, I think you dropped this, here you are"

Anonymous

Amaie had been vaguely aware of the smell of wolf - it definitly wasn't out of the realm of possibilty for another wolf-like creature to be here. Or even some along the outskirts. So, she paid little to no heed of the scent, her soft eyes still marvelling at the 'treasures'. Her pack had ltitel things like this, nothing elaborate and their far less vendors. Maybe one hut would produce bracelets and beads, another may sell bones, or bone combs.. It varied, always sharing things. Trading was their form of money, and it really wasn't done all to often. So these things were fairly new, but she had seen much of it from distanced glimpses whenever her and Kieli passed through or by a town. But Amaie had bribed her brother to actually go into one - a rare treat for her.

Suddenly, the smell of wolf - stranger scent - seemed to be right by her. Crystal blue eyes lifted to meet the human looking person, although the smell of wolf was definitly apart of him. She was already smiling, tipping up her hat to allow her eyes to take in more of him. His reddish blonde hair, his build similar to her own brother's, and about an inch taller than her brother as well. Although he was more matured then other human children his age, at least probably, he was about two years younger then her.

She blinked, taking in what he said with a tilt of her refined head. I dropped something...? She thought, and glanced at the ornamental hair accessory. It was lovely, being jade and silver. But she knew she didn't drop it. How beautiful! Someone would be terribly disappointed if they lost that.. It looks new, too, Amaie thought, glancing back at the he-wolf.

"Oh, thank you, how kind. But I didn't drop it," she said with one of her warmest smiles, and her voice was soft but powerful, feminine, and hard to lose.

Her brother, thank to High Heaven, lingered afar, snooping about the food. He was probably going to go into the nearest tavern to go fine some kind of meat, if she knew him like she did. Or he was going to check back on her, only to find her conversing with another wolf.. a MALE wolf, and would be at her 'aid'. Silly overprotective to the point of lunacy.

Unable to help it she felt slightly self-conscious, straightening her soft white, possibly light blue, dress, which was remarkebly clean. She didn't often wear it - she had another dress for everyday use which was quite dirty, dispite how much she cleaned it. Her brother had agreed to hold their sack with their belongings it, considering she was the one always stuck carrying it.

Anonymous

Another wolf! Now that he was so close there was no mistaking that scent, or the fact that it was coming from this girl. He'd never met a wolf before, besides his family, and she was simply beautiful! He couldn't mess this up.

"Well if it isn't yours it's mine by finder's rights, and what I plan to do with it is give it to a lovely young lady. On whom it will look far better on than myself," He smiled and offered it to her again, "I insist"

Looking at from this close was a bit dizzying, he was suddenly all too aware of the patched knees of his pants and the frayed edges of his sleeveless tunic. He straitened himself up to his full height and suddenly realized there was another, fainter scent that seemed to be coming from behind him some distance away.

"There's another of you? I mean, of us? I mean..." Uh oh, he'd kind of blown it now, he was just so startled to smell another strange wolf when he had only just met his first one, that it came out without him thinking about it. "Uh, heh heh, sorry about that, just a little startled."

Anonymous

Amaie, her train of thought was different, and she thought he looked attractive - but her mind, regardless of female thoughts, was dominanted by 'innocent' calmness. Then again, most wovles were attractive, but what she found the most attractive about any one person would be their personality. And he seemed quite kind so far. So she continued to smile, and she was kind of startled that he wanted to give it to her. He didn't even know her... But people were allowed to think how they did, wasn't that right? And Amaie, being how she was, blushed, a rosey scarlet heating up her porcelain cheeks.

"Are you sure?" She asked him, between the slightest pause between his statement and his "'I insist." She tentaviely reached out, giving him time to withdraw his offer if he wished.

The she-wolf picked it up lightly, blue eyes gazing at it as her hand held it, as if she was almost afraid to break it. Amaie rolled it between her fingers, jade and silver.. It was, indeed, lovely. She didn't realize she was still blushing, however it had faded slightly. But she didn't forget her manners - oh no, they were much as part of her as the blood in her veins.

"Thank you.." She said in her sincere voice, blinking when she couldn't find his name on the tip of her tongue.

She didn't know his name! But he had already picked up the scent of her twin - which was similiar to her's, nearly identical except it was male, and more foresty than her's. She smiled, fondly, and tilted her head.

"It's okay, no need to apologize. The wolf you smell is my brother, Kieli," she responded.

"My name is Amaie. May I ask of your name?" She asked, feeling that she needed to know his name considering he just gave her a gift.
[/i]

Anonymous

"My name's Tynek, pleased to meet you." His best manners he was racking his brains for some piece of etiquette his mother had taught him that he might have missed, manners were not his strong point and he was very nervous that he wouldn't make a good impression. "I just came into town and I... recognized you." He lowered his voice so no passersby would overhear any snippets of this conversation, "I've never met another one before, besides my family? What about you do you know any besides your brother? Is there some kind of group where we gather? My father was always very quite about these things, he wanted us to blend in with everyone else. Personally I find that very hard. I've got so many question! Could you introduce me too your brother and we can go talk somewhere?"

Anonymous

Amaie continued to smile kindly and calmly, her usual self. Tynek? She repeated the name mentally, and glanced to her brother's position only to find him sniffing down an alley. She wondered, momentarily, what his thought process was at that moment and even debated on entering his vulnerable mind. But that would be rude - her focus was Tynek. Not Kieli. She turned to face him more fully, blue eyes only trailing over him - although the human half of her brain continued to rule her near full she knew the laws. Never look another wolf in the eyes - that was a challenge of dominance.

"I'm pleased to meet you too, Tynek," she said, soft azure gaze dancing.

Her eyes widened slgihtly at the intrusion of questions but returned to normal and in turn, only her smile widened. She laughed softly at his eagerness but a slight nervousness shifted inside her as he asked to meet her brother. She glanced around, a bit openly, but then looked back up to him. He was a good few inches taller than her.

"Yes. I was born into a pack.. or village of us, whatever you prefer. I don't see a real problem with introducing you to my brother.. Just, don't mind him if he acts a little overprotective. But usually he's calm around us," she said.

Motioning for him follow her she moved across the cobblestone road, fingering gently the jade and silver 'ornament' he gave her. She hoped Kieli wouldn't throw a fit. He seemed to hold a certain.. dislike? For human objects such as this. Anyway, he was just himself.

Amaie led Tynek towards the alley where her brother wandered, an eyebrow lifted over a pastel blue eye. What in the world was her twin doing?

"Kieli, what are you up to?" At the first syllable Kieli had turned around, his bright blue eyes nearly pummeling them both with a nearly unmatched ferocity.

Kieli's eyes softened and he gave a slight grin at his sister but sniffed at Tynek - soon smiling when he found out he was wolf. Then he wondered why the he-wolf was doing here, in a village, for god's sake.

"What brings you here?" He asked, a brow raised, slightly.

He gave a slightly annoyed look at Amaie. He always expected her to read his mind before hand, which to her, was breaking privacy boundaries. But of course, she didn't know he was mentally asking for his name. But then again, he could always reach out with his mind to his sister's, but no. He had to be a little stubborn.

"His name is Tynek," she rolled her eyes at him, receiving a snort from Kieli as he assessed the other male critically, waiting for an answer.

Anonymous

He followed her over to the alley where her brother was, she was dressed in such fine clothes he felt very out of place. Her brother was dressed more like him, simple, coarse breeches and a ragged tunic. Although Kieli was dressed more like him he didn't put Tynek any more at ease. Amaie wasn't lying when she said he was over protective, he could feel the curbed hostility. He bristled but did his best to keep his tongue in check. Other wolves! And they were born in a pack! He finally got to learn about his kind.

"I'm just passing through, I've been through a lot of small towns like this. What about you, do you live here or are you just passing through as well?"

He knew was asking an awful lot of questions, but he couldn’t help it. The questions had been inside him for so many years and he could finally ask them, hopefully they would let him tag along for awhile, at least long enough to find out more about their kind.

Anonymous

Kieli was relieved to find that Tynek was simply passing through 'Adela'. He had learned that was what this.. place was called. And it only pleased him to find that Tynek didn't live here. Why? He didn't see how any wolf, or animal for that matter, with a nose could live HERE. He knew he wasn't the best smelling but still.. It was horrible, those perfumes that twisted everything, the foods usually smelled good but on the rare occasion smelled horrible. And their were so MANY people who did all this. And then the horses and cows and all sorts of new animals. Yes, sure it was like a miniature forest.. But the mixture of smells did not meld well. But another factor was the forest was vast while the village was small. Who stand such harrasses against such sensitive sensories?

"Passing through. Amaie, I still don't understand why anyone within their right mind would live in a village," he sighed, snorting his distaste for the village.

She just shook her head and smiled - almost sympathetically. It was like to talking to a brick wall. It's not that he couldn't, it's more like that he wouldn't. He just found it, somehow, unfathomable to take it all in. So, in turn, she simply sighed and decided to bring it up at another location, another time. But, at the moment, she was rather proud of her brother's antics. He seemed quite kinder than usual, and even accomadating to other people. It just seemed that males - towards her - and other species that got him ticked. But he was calming down considerably.

"Is anyone hungry?" She asked suddenly, knowing full well her brother is, glancing to Tynek.

He eyed his sister, eyes narrowing with suspicioun as he glanced around him with a sigh. Kieli rubbed the back of his neck, scratching it and then yawning widely. He tilted his head at them a brow lifting.

"Sure. But I vote we hunt!" He said, making it clear he rather catch his own prey with them as a wolf then eat anything here.

Anonymous

Uh-oh Hunt? Now that would be a problem. His father had been a werewolf but his mother was not, and consequently he had grown up not knowing any werewolves, which was why he wanted so badly to stay with Amaie and Kieli, at least for a while. The other result was that he couldn't change, not all the way at least. His jaws would turn into a muzzle, his fingers to claws, he would grow pointed ears like a wolf and hair all over, all things werewolves could do. But he couldn't change into a wolf. He could go half way when he lost his temper, and it was more than enough to scare away villagers, but not enough to hunt with the pack. Even in hybrid form he was more comfortable on too feet, and while he could outrun any human catching a deer would be very difficult.

But more importantly what would he tell them? Amaie would probably be surprised and perhaps pitying, not something he wanted from her, but Kieli would no doubt be condescending, whether or not he showed it.

“Actually I have some loose ends to take care of, if I go deal with it now, we could meet after lunch. Does that work for you guys?�

Anonymous

"Whatever. I can't stand these clothes, I can't stand the smell of humans, I simply cannot stand this," He growled pulling off his tunic and roughly throwing it to the ground, the change rippling through his body.

It was pleasuring and painful, pulling and stretching his body. He could feel the course wolf hair prickle along his flesh, a rash of black spreading across his lithe body as his jaws changed with a sickening crunch of bone. His jaws elongated and teeth were not teeth but fangs to fit the muzzle. His head changed accordinly and his legs were nearly caught mid-change before he ripped his pants and under garment with hands that were barely that. He haulted for a moment, in the state between human and wolf, a hybrid. He could barely master human speech, but say it nonetheless.

"It'd be funny to see the look on their faces," he snarled, but in all the bitterness in his heart he could not shame his sister.

He fully changed into the awesome wolf he was. Proud with his neck arched, regal head high and his tail curled over his body. His body was thick and kingly, him the darkest of darks - a thick nightly pitch. His peircing blue gaze glanced to his sister.

As graceful as she was, she was even more so in her wolf form, but seeing her brother in his primeval state did not affect her. It stirred nothing inside her. She simply kneeled downwards, grabbing his clothes and their sack with her eyes cast downwards for a moment. But her brother was counting the seconds that ticked. Hey eyes had been focused on the ground too long before she glanced between the males with a smile. She elegantly stood, smiling in her warm way at Tynek.

"Yes, whatever suits you," she responded.

Okay, for how nice Amaie was she still liked to pick on her brother - just a tad. She patted her thigh, her eyes sparkling. She was acting as if he was a tame pooch. Her brother raised a lip, showing a fang in all it's glory, but she giggled and patted her thigh again, encouraging his ill behaviour. She glanced at Tynek at then around her.

"Well.. hmm... Oh! Kieli!" She said as her brother was already striding from the alley. She glanced at Tynek and then to her brother, shrugged hastily and took off, spinning around the corner.

Dawdling would affect her brother - and her brother could be a royal ass. Of course she'd never say it such crude terms but if she had to say it she'd say it with more womanly eloquence. But following her brother was a rather easy take - keeping up was another matter. People seemed to split to allow her brother to pass but began to close around Amaie. Of course she could follow by smell but that wouldn't please her brother. She considered changing into a wolf, feeling a a coarse rash of wolf hair spark along her tummy. She was glad it was covered as her strides lengthened. By the time she burst from the town she yelled for her brother to wait. She stole behind a tree, dropping her belongings and pulling her dress and the rest of her clothes from her body. Before one could even blink her body was in mid change, the white fur had raptured her into the near human state.

Then she was on all fours,  her coat the exact opposite of her brother. It was stark white and her pastel blue eyes shone as her own lean form was an example of her human form - graceful and feminine. As the moments ticked she found she could not spare more time, speeding onwards to follow the scent of her racing brother.

Kieli had haulted for his sister but kept on plodding. His trot was jaunty and his nose lifted to the air and then to the ground, tial waving eagerly behind him. He bounced for a few moments, soon hearing the soft pawfalls of his sister's quick, agile entrance. He cast his gaze to her and she returned it. She didn't slow; he spun to join her, racing with her until the scent of sick, old buck caught them in the midst. They staggered at the strength of the smell. They hadn't smelled this scent from town - but a young one. Youthful and strong - what great luck! They stalked the underbrush and gazed at the old and dwindled buck. In it's weakest state,body standing on wobbly legs, head hung with eyes full of cateracts.

The duo was like an unstoppable force. The deer was ready to go - it had accepted that fate. But he would not go down easy - at least no without a feeble attempt of a fight. The one with the pelt of night crossed to the left, athletic body slipping through the undergrowth. Mean while the one of snow went to the left, slinking closer to the edge, but keeping silently to the shadows. With silent and lethal communication through their minds the black one stole into the clearing, dancing on slender limbs. He neared the weak ones of teh stag, snapping at them while the feminine one waited, biding her time with cool caculation.

Kieli snapped more, driving the poor stag near madness. He growled and sounded furious, making the deer dance and weave. The stag darted for an opening - but Kieli caught him, turning him back. This time he was met with a different pair of fangs that snapped silently and coolly. The stag didn't know whcih he prefferred the cool, silent and quick, or the loud and ferocious? But he had no time to ask or wait as they lept at him in unison, Kieli thrusting his weight against him and snapping. The he-wolf dodged the flail of hooves, the stag caught by the sinister, quiet fangs of the she-wolf, fangs puncturing the throat, holding fast while Kieli attacked again, aiding his sister by holding him down, gripping the spin as the deer struggled for a few moments before falling limp.

Minutes ticked by and the he-wolf ripped at the kill, devouring his half energetically. When he satisfied his rumbling hunger he lumbered into the shade, his sister taking his spot and pulling off her own portion. When her own stomach was satisfied she yawned and slowly went to her brother. She licked his muzzle and already started back. Kieli sighed. He followed - the scarce amount that was left was for the scavengers. That was how life worked.

The duo raced to where the clothes were lazily dropped and languidly robed themselves at separate spots, cleaning themselves up and taking a long drink at a nearby river. Both entered the village, looking relaxed and a bit tired. They were both a bit heated, a gloss of sweat on each of them. So as not to ruin her dress Amaie took to another dress, a plainer one of a deep forest green. But it matched the hair piece she placed in - yes, the one Tynek had given her. Amaie had also placed her hat on, but fashionably tilted to show of the hair accessory a bit. Kieli languidly stretched and sniffed.

"Hmm... Where oh where..." He grumbled, receiving a raised brow from his twin. He simply shrugged.

[sorry for the length o.o didn't expect it to uhm.. be that long o.o fingers ran away with me]

Anonymous

Great, now he got to kill some time in the town, which was pretty much what he'd been doing for the past week. Oh well at least he would have time to brake it to Amaie and Kieli thta he couldn't quite change. Now that he thought about it he was worried he saw the effortless way Kieli had made the switch and how gracefull he looked as a wolf. Tynek could already see their reactions, Kieli would look incredulous then turn scornful, maybe even hostile. Amaie would probably just look away, embarassed for him, and that would somehow be even worse. Tynek wandered around the town mentally goiing over the scenario in his mind, trying to think of an easy way to tell them.

Ah well, he would cross that bridge when he came to it, in the meantime it was time to meet them.

Anonymous

[oioi, i never saw you posted until not too long ago and now I'm getting too post. I'm sorry]

The duo weaved through the late afternoon crowds, the throngs of inquisitive people turning thin and scarce. Kieli found the night's cooling touch more than welcomed, and the disappearance of more than half the mass of people was another relief to him. He even walked a pace of leisure, allowing his sister to glimpse, now and again, at different stands that were just closing up. It was odd though - Kieli didn't seem as snappy, but quite content. It was hard for the young male to make peace with himself. It was almost completely revealed by his short, craggy dark mass of hair. It was tangled and bore twigs and leaves, crazily twisted to show his animalistic side... But yet, he walked and talked like any other human.

Only he wasn't human. He was that and more, but he had yet to accept it. Yet to accept that he was more than wolf, really. He was also human, and if only he found the gray area... If only he was able to compromise those two very different things within him. How could two so very different things be able to share one body?

She studied her brother as she often found herself doing in recent days. He seemed troubled by himself.. And she knew it. But no matter how much she pressed to help him, striving to rescue him from his self-created hell, it was only him who could cure it. Only him who could save himself. All she could do was watch as the observer.. as the odd person out.

Traipsing along she managed to spotted a familiar figure... her eyes leapt to Tynek. She smiled and waved enthusiastically, still finding energy to jog up to him. She even heard the rumble of a deep, thunderous, but strangely soothing tone... it churned in her brother's chest as he chuckled. Amaie could only grin, resettling her hat on her head as she cast her light blue eyes up at Tynek's face.

"Well, hello again," she said, adding a slight giggle as Kieli swaggered up behind her.

Anonymous

"Hello yourself, Amaie, Kieli,"  He noticed Kieli seemed much more calm then before, still firm but no longer hostile. Was that even a trace of a smile? It must have been a good hunt. "Isn't it wonderful at night?" he gestured to the skies "and much less bustle from the town to disturb it. Anyway what brings the two of you to this town, I must know, I owe it much," he smiled at Amaie "And in any event I wish to know as much about yourselves and our kind as you care to tell, shall we go somewhere to talk?"

Anonymous

Kieli responded with a lazy nod - and yes, their was, indeed, a trace of a smile just playing on his lips. Amaie was grinning - ratherly jubilantly at that. Now, Amaie was a wolf changeling, not following the lunar calendar, but she did know a rather large range of information. Maybe her brother knew more - but of course they weren't quite aware he was a werewolf. There wasn't any distinguishing smell besides he had wolf blood flowing through his veins.

"Hm? Sure.. Anyway would be fine with me," she replyed vaguely, touching her lowerlip with a soft fingtertip.

Kieli shook his head at his sister's indesiciveness and glanced about the streets, eyes flickering down the shadowed, lonely stands. They were hunched and abandoned, no longer filled with lfie or color. But he found it almost comforting. He waved them on as he arced around them, arms crossed over his chest, bright eyes studious. He found a stand - secluded and around a corner. It was strong, but empty and cleared. The owners wouldn't mind if they used it as a temporary seat, now would they?

He hoped on, drumming his fingers on it to show them they oculd sit up with him. Amaie smiled, having followed her brother and nodding her head encouragingly, slipping up beside Kieli. She relaxed and waited for Tynek to seat himself [assuming he followed].

"It is a beautiful night," Kieli finally agreed, Amaie nodding.

"What brings us here? Ah, me. I rather like going into villages with other species, I'm qutie curious of eveyrone," Amaie responded, lifting her shoulders with a grin.

'Unfortantly for me, I'm left to follow. But, at times, it's rewarding," he decided to add the last bit to be truthful and to let his sister's mood soar that night. Why not? It was true, afterall.