Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Wings and Things

Started by miss_sanguine, November 29, 2011, 02:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_sanguine

He'd been recognized! That delighted him and he beamed at her as he took a seat. While most of her recognition might have come from how their last meeting had been, he liked to think that it was also nearly impossible for one to forget a good-looking man such as himself. Good to know that his previously scratched and bloodied self had not turned her off.

"Just cuts," he said, waving off the comment as if he hadn't obsessed over them once he'd left her and his head had cleared. As if he hadn't, like always, worried that the scratch marks would leave permanent scars, making him ugly forever. "But thank you."

He looked around at all of the dancing people, smiling amiably at their catchy happiness. He'd managed to get himself in a seat across from her, and so far, besides a somewhat tense posture on her part which was completely understandable, she was showing no other signs of discomfort.

"What brings you here?" he asked, gesturing with his hand at their surroundings.

Anonymous

"My..." Liadan hesitated a moment, not sure she wanted to say what she was to the stranger. So many people got the wrong idea about what her job meant but he had proven to be a gentleman, so far anyway, "My troupe is traveling through the area and we are celebrating a good show."

Se gestured to the loud singing that some of the performers had started, "What about yourself?"

miss_sanguine

"Your troupe?" he repeated, brows lifting a little. One as beautiful as her couldn't be part of a circus. No! He certainly hoped not. Maybe he'd misheard her.

His eyes moved out to the dancing people that she gestured at and he decided to not ask her about it. Best not to know, unless she told him.

"Just enjoying the show, like yourself," he said, nodding at the people. They all seemed so happy. And they smelled much better than those in other places. These people bathed. "Surprised to see you here. Someone as pretty as yourself should be in a palace, no?"

Anonymous

"Yes. My troupe." Liadan smiled bright and brittle, "I'm a fortune teller by trade, hardly palace material."

miss_sanguine

His eyes followed a couple out on the dance floor. The young man, while trying to look as though he were confident and knew what he was doing, kept stumbling and bumping into those around him by accident. His partner, a beautiful young woman, appeared to be humoring him, though Monnayage could see her pursed lips.

At the words "fortune teller" he looked back around at Liadan, somewhat surprised. That was the last thing he'd expected to hear, next to her being in a troupe. "A fortune teller, huh?" he said. "Does that mean you could tell me my future?"

Anonymous

"For a few coins, I can pierce the stream of time for you." Liadan smiled, though she was watching the dancers. Things always changed once people found out. She held out one of her hands, palm up, "What do you want to know?"

miss_sanguine

"Hm." Monnayage looked down at her hand, unsure of what to do. Was he supposed to put one of his in hers? He didn't know anything about the mumbo-jumbo known as "fortune telling."

Not put off for long, he grinned. "Well, I know this beautiful young woman. Finest features you've ever seen." He gestured in the air to emphasize his point. "Thing is, I didn't hit it off so well with her last time." Now he looked straight at her. "Can you tell me if I might get myself a second chance with her? You might have met her. She stands out a bit."