Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Filthy, Stinking Drunk. [Juno]

Started by Haze, December 05, 2011, 09:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haze

"Another!" His call caught the passing waitress, who shook her head. How often had she seen men like him here. Handsome, and stinking, filthy drunk.

He'd been here all day. He'd come into the bar in the morning and had steadily downed several drinks per hour. The only reason there were no mugs on the table at the time was because it was evening, and the bar's other patrons were thirsty too. He was being a cup hog.

Dorian oogled the waitress as she moved to get him another drink, and just so happened to see another man doing the same. Leaping unsteadily to his feet, his eyes glazed and unfocused, he ambled over and leered at the man.

"Hey, chu!" He slurred, grabbing the man by the collar. The half-elf was easily tall enough, and strong enough to lift the man up, and he had convienently forgotten his two day old cracked ribs. He did so, and shoved his face into the strangers. "Dontcha know its rrrrrrude to stare at ladies? Even reallyfine onesh like that. She ish fine, though. Look at her asssh."

The poor man's eyes bulged out of his head, and his face turned red. "You put me down you jerk. That's my -"

"Yerrrr what!?" Dorian asked, his breath so hot on the man's face it was fogging up his spectacles.

"My Wife!" With that, the man swung back and smacked Dorian as hard as he could. In the ribs.

What followed was a huge amount of clamour. Fists were flying, curses rampant. Nearly everyone in the bar had had enough of Dorian, and finally, after the barkeep stepped in, he was thrown outside.

Not that he would know. He was unconscious.

Again.

Juno

She'd come in so late the night before, totally exhausted both physically and emotionally, carrying two equally tired bear cubs with her. Finding a tavern that would take her and her strange cargo wasn't all that difficult, but the place she ended up at seemed pretty shady. Too tired to care, she'd gone to the room she rented, and immediately set the two cubs, who'd long been asleep in her arms, on the rocking chair in the corner of the room.

Throwing her bag down beside the bed, Dacia collapsed on the bed and just gone to sleep like that. Her nightmares were haunting and she awoke several times to check on the cubs despite her exhaustion. But every time she drifted back to sleep the scene from the earlier day just kept replaying over and over and over. It wouldn't leave, she was stuck with it, and she could hardly sleep because of it. When she did decided to get up, though, it was already beginning to get dark.

Her head was killing her, her heart was heavy, and the cubs weren't helping at all to put the latter to ease. Grumbling, she fixed up her hair, rubbed the cubs on their heads, and headed out the door to try and find something for them to eat. Returning from the downstairs kitchen with a few pieces of fruit and jerky for them and a hunk of bread for herself, Dacia sat on the floor and dined with the babies, watching as they innocently fought over a particularly shiny apple.

She still didn't know what she was going to do with them. For all she knew, she'd end up keeping them, at least for now, she thought. After the cubs finished with their food she scooped them up and took them outside, her goal to find some alley they could do their business in, but the chances of finding that in this part of town? Hardly likely there wouldn't be anyone seedy around such a place.

Haze

Dorian came to with a groan. "Dacia?" He called out drunkely, staring at the darkening sky. Darkening sky that had shadow buildings etched into in. Not trees. The hole in the pit of his stomach sobered him up a little, and he sat up. No. No Dacia. She was gone. Gone forever, probably. His lips turned themselves down, and he rolled over onto stomach, yelping as he discovered that he'd been beaten. Severely. On top of everything else.

"Great." He muttered, using the wall the brace himself up against as he stood. "Just great."
He lurched down the road. Maybe he could find a place to stay. He really needed to. Then he remembered passing a little establishment a few blocks away. It was difficult, but he managed to stay the course, weaving and swaying away.

He could see someone standing outside, holding what looked to be a very awkward bundle. He squinted his eyes. Oooh... It was a lady. Dorian held his ribs with one arm, and swayed the other one jauntily by his side as he neared the figure. She had her back to him. Mmm... he could see her neat little behind.

As quietly as he could, he snuck up behind, hands reaching down to her backside and fairly purred "Hullo there, lady. Howsh about we shplit the cosht of a room?"

Juno

The cubs all done, Dacia picked them back up, ready to go back inside. Just as she was about to turn around, though, she felt a horrible chill slowly make its way down her spine as something touched her butt. Well, not just touched, grabbed. Roughly. Rudely. Completely unsolicited. Grimacing, she all but dropped the cubs as she spun around, grabbing the wrists of the perve and shoving him back roughly against the opposing wall. "-the fuck?! Get away from me, creep!" she snarled.

Turning back to the cubs, she picked them up, grumbling to herself. "So not the time for this..." Clarity and Constance curled up in her arms, she walked toward the door, casting one last glaring look to whoever it was.

He was partially hidden in the shadows, but she caught a glimpse of him, just enough that she knew who it was. "Ah...shit! Dorian?!" she practically growled. "What? Are you following me or something?!" she demanded of the drunk, not sure how far she was going to get with this, or if it was even worth her time.

Haze

It had been so glorious. Those fleeting moments, holding the woman's bottom. Then she spun around.

Fuck. Dacia.

He hit the wall, hard. She was stronger than he realised. The air rushed out of him, and he heard, rather than felt, a rather hefty crack. Stars flashed before his eyes, and he slumped down the wall legs splayed out and hands hanging limply at his side. His head rolled about for a moment, but then he flashed her the best smile he could.

"Y'know that doctor you mentioned?" he asked, "Yeah ... I think I might need one now."

Juno

Of course it had to be him. Of course he needed her help. Of course. Just great...

"Dorian...not now...?" But she knew he needed her help. Somehow. "Okay, okay...fine! Just...hold on I'll be back!"

She took the bears back upstairs, pleading for them to be good and stay out of trouble, then she ran to ask the owner of the place where the nearest doctor lived. Instructions on her mind, she rushed back out to Dorian, adrenaline beginning to surge within her. "Okay, I'll go get someone...just...can you stand? ...oh, just forget it." She grabbed him under his arms and lifted him up then proceeded to practically drag him inside and up to her room.

"Stay here...I'm serious! Stay! I'll be back, just...don't get into trouble, just stay put!" Her look was as serious as she could muster, but she couldn't waste anymore time.

Please stay safe...for once.

When she returned she was practically dragging the doctor. She hadn't taken no for an answer. "Here he is...um, what's wrong with him?"

Haze

"Like I'm actually going to go anywhere..." Dorian called after Dacia's retreating figure, eyes slyly watching her backside as she departed, He had some sense to fish a few coins out of his shirt pocket to give to the doctor, then found the bed and collapsed onto it.

When she returned with the Doctor, Dorian was sound asleep, snoring loudly. He was cradling his ribs with one hand, and the other was flung high above his head, palm upturned, and coins glinting. The Doctor ignored the girl's bleating, casting one eye over the bears warily and placing his bag down beside the bed. He moved quickly over to the snoring Dorian, and lifted his shirt. All the strappings had come off, and were nowhere to be seen.

The bruising hadn't settled down from the last time Dacia'd seen him. It was mottled purple and black. Some areas had taken on a sickly green hue, and the doctor shook his head.  He carried on with his assessment, pressing lightly on Dorian's rib cage. Dorian groaned, but he'd managed to drink enough to remain in a drunken stupor. "He's broken a rib," The doctor said, turning to Dacia with an eyebrow raised. "And he'll look worse tomorrow, by the look of that eye." Turning to his bag, he pulled out a roll of cloth much stronger than what Dorian and Dacia had used initially. "You'd be sit him up for me, and we'll strap him up. Then you'd best just let him sleep it off. He'll be cranky as a caged bull in the morning, no doubt.  He's your husband, yes? Hold him here, please" The Doctor took her hand, and placed it on Dorian's chest, holding the first end of the cloth.

When all was done to his standard, the Doctor left, receiving his payment out of Dorian's hand. He bid Dacia a good night, and left her all alone with the great big drunken buffoon.

Juno

Dacia stood off to the side at the end of the bed, just staring at the doctor, waiting anxiously for the conclusion of his assessment. Watching as Dorian's bruises were revealed, she couldn't help but wince. Her eyes widened with worry, though, when he told her that he had a broken rib. "Oh," she whispered, hanging her head. "That's...surprising."

Honestly, it wasn't. She knew he had a knack for trouble. Who knows what could've happened in the time they were apart. Still, she knew her aggressiveness probably had some role in this.

Wanting to help, she followed his orders. Carefully removing Dorian's shirt and getting an arm around his shoulders, she pulled him up into a sitting position like he'd asked. She could only imagine what he was like when he was all hurting and irritable and wasn't looking forward to that. She'd already put up with so much, why should she deal with his moodiness too? Her thoughts were broken, though, by a particular word.

Husband? Husband?! ...No. No, this man was sorely mistaken! It stung, but she swallowed her pride and just let it lie. It wasn't going to hurt anyone if the doctor thought they were married and it would cause more embarrassment than do anything for her reputation if she said otherwise. Looking down to the sleeping drunk's face as she held the end of the cloth for the doctor, she sighed.

When everything was finished, Dacia thanked the doctor and, once he'd left, carefully eased Dorian over to lay on the bed. She had no idea what she was going to do with him. He was a mess, he was hurt, and he was taking away space from the bed she was paying for. After a few moments of pondering she realized she wasn't going to kick him out. She dearly wanted to, knew it was probably something he expected, but just she couldn't.

"Figure it out in the morning," she told herself, sighing as she looked to the cubs, who had wandered closer to them. Picking up both of the animals, she placed them on the bed beside her, watching as they moved closer to Dorian to sniff him and nudge at his arm. Eventually, they snuggled up against him, which she couldn't help but soften her eyes for. "Cuties," she cooed, patting their heads gently.

Even though she'd only been awake for a few hours now, she laid down to complete the bear sandwich they made on the small bed. She sighed, snuggled under the covers, and tried to get some rest. She had a feeling she'd need to be on her toes with Dorian the next day.

Haze

He barely moved, apart from one time where he'd rolled over onto his good side. Not that he really did have a good side. But he was in this position, when the bears stealthily moved themselves to the bottom of the bed. If someone would have seen, they might have even thought that the bears were intelligent enough to construct the situation. Missing the warmth of the two furry things, Dorian snuffled, and snuggled closer to Dacia, one arm sliding over her, and drawing her in around her middle. Through the night, Dorian slept rather restlessly. He was dreaming in vivid colour, of a forest.

The forest was lush and green in some places, and burnt and black in others.  And a bear, bigger than he'd ever seen before.  And a woman whose face he couldn't see, but knew he loved, with an aching tear in his soul. The bear had her in a corner, Dorian tried to attack, but his feet were glued to the ground, every arrow he lifted to his bow slipped from his hands, and his sword fell as water as he drew it. He screamed at the woman to get away. She couldn't hear him. The bear suddenly shifted into a man's form, his arms wide hiding her from Dorian's dreaming eyes. Then it turned, the bear-man. It was holding the woman, and she was looking adoringly into it's eyes. Dorian felt his whole world being ripped away, and he sank to his knees, hands clasped to his chest. His chest that was warm, and slippery, and wet. Pulling hands away, they were covered in bright blood. His own blood. And to his left, lay his heart, still beating. The woman and bear walked past him, his heart kicked further and further away, until at last the woman's foot came down hard, and squashed the life out of him.

As sunlight poured into the room, Dorian opened his eyes wide, disturbed by the dream. And looked down in slight surprise at the sleeping woman in his arms. It took a moment for things to connect, and then it took all the strength he could muster not to groan audibly. He had left the bar drunk, found a woman, grabbed her arse, then had been forcibly slung against a wall. No wonder he was sore.Then, feeling her stir, he quickly shut his eyes again, making his face look calm, and stilling his breathing to a deep rhythm.

Juno

Dacia slept soundly through the night, despite the discomfort of having two adults as well as two bear cubs on the bed. It was crowded, to say the least.

She hadn't noticed him slide his arm around her, snuggling close, but she'd unconsciously leaned back against him as well, tucking her body against his. Knowing nothing of his horrid nightmare, simply basking in a sea of darkness, she sighed in her sleep, smiling a bit for the unusually comfortable rest she was getting.

As she began to wake, registering the change of light, Dacia slowly opened her eyes. Stretching just a bit, arching her back, she yawned quietly, shaking her head a bit as she looked down the bed at the cubs. Only thing was, Dorian's arm was blocking her view. Eyes suddenly becoming wide, she inhaled sharply as she slowly turned her head to see where his hand...Oh Gods...

He had her trapped, hand on her belly, and she couldn't even roll over because of the cubs. Great.

"Um...Dorian?" she whispered, hoping he might be awake. "I'm...stuck, could you move?"

Haze

Oh, yes. She's in my arms... this is so right. No, this is wrong, Dorian. You just dreamed that this woman ripped your heart out and walked all over it, and now you want to snuggle with her? You're an idiot. She's going to thump you.

He felt her trying to move, heard her speak. His heart skipped a beat, hearing her.

A quick, cheeky grin flashed over his face, but his eyes remained closed. Don't let it end now... He gave a sleepy contented sigh, and curling himself around her. He tighted his grip momentarily, revelling in all the sensations being so close to her started. He pulled her just that much closer, resting his head on top of hers gently. Stirrings of another kind were starting, down below, and his jaws clenched, trying in stay in control. He wasn't ready to move away from her just yet.

"Y'not stuck" he mumbled indistinctly. "Jstay here aminit."

Juno

She heard him sigh, felt him moving closer, felt herself being pulled in closer. Then he just went and put his head on her, too! Feeling completely trapped and stuck now, Dacia tensed up, trying to wriggle her way out of his arms. "Dorian!" she hissed. "Come on, not now! Not this! Aren't you supposed to be...you know, HURT?!"

But then he answered her and now she knew he couldn't be entirely asleep. "Dorian, come on," she pleaded, pushing against him, squirming, trying to be free of his grip. It also wasn't helping that he had a weight advantage as well.

Haze

"I am hurt," he muttered back, kissing the top of her head absently. "Mortally wounded" His mind flickered back to the dream.  "You're keeping me alive."  For a moment more he held her close.

That arse. Oh that sweet, sweet behind...

Finally, when her wiggling started to actually hurt him, he breathed a heavy sigh and let her go.

He rolled onto his back, rubbing a the back of hand over his eyes, before glancing over at Dacia. "Good Morning, " He said, a happy smile dawning over his black and blue face. He looked terrible, one eye was swollen, he had huge dark bags under both eyes, his lip was split, not to mention the bruising that was showing from the edges of the bandages around his middle.

Play it cool. Show her you can do this. Don't. Fuck. Up. Again.

"So, what are we going to do today?"

Juno

She rolled her eyes, knowing now that he truly was fully awake. "I wouldn't say that," she replied after he'd let her go. She too rolled onto her back, glad to finally be free from his unexpected grip. Their shoulders barely touched, but moving over any more just wasn't an option. Still, she was intensely aware of this small contact.

When she turned to face him, a small smile was coaxed to the surface by his own expression. She could see the obvious bruises, welts, and other various damage he'd sustained to his face, but honestly, she didn't care. He was safe now. And even if he was roughed up a good bit, she wasn't going to say she hadn't wanted to see him again. "Good morning," she offered back.

"Uh, we?" Were they going to spend the day together? "If anything, you need to rest up."

Haze

"I am resting," he replied. They were touching, but only just. It wasn't enough. It was never going to be enough, but it was going to have to do. Somewhere deep inside, a voice was yelling at him to run for his life, as his lifted his hand, and slowly stroked his fingers up and down her arm. She was probably going to hate him for it, but he needed more. His fingers ached to be touching her.

"Why don't you rest with me? I mean... come on, you're a solo mother," his eyes flickered to the bottom of the bed where Clarity and Constance were starting to wake, and grinned "Surely you're tired... why don't you just ... stay?" He stopped his caress suddenly, as good sense thrust itself into his brain.

What are you doing? This woman broke your heart. You were a jerk to her. You think she's going to want to lie in bed with you? You are a delusional, crazy man.

"Or... I can just stay here." His voice was tinged with dissapointment, as if knowing this was going to be the case.  "If you got things to do."

Juno

The slight touch of his fingers along her arm caused a slight shiver. She wasn't accustomed to things like this quite yet. She was thankful when he stopped, though she chose not to say anything, not wanting to embarrass him for doing...whatever it was that he'd just done.

"Oh, it is hard on me. Caring for two little ones...and the father not around," she said, playing along. "But, you see, with so much to do for them, I just don't have the time right now." And with that she slung her legs off the edge of the bed as she sat up, back turned to him now. Stretching a bit more before finally getting to her feet, Dacia flashed a knowing smile back to him.

"I actually do have things to do...people to see," she teased, winking as she turned back toward him and leaned over to pet the cubs.

Haze

As she winked at him, his jaw dropped open. "What ... wait..." Dorian struggled to get himself sitting up "Who!? Who do you have to go see?" The expression on his face was alarmed, curious, distrusting and altogether hilarious.

Wincing and flincing he edged himself to the side of the bed. He swung his legs over, much too quickly, and blanched at the cutting pain. Pale, he carried on, just slower. "I'll... I'll come with you. I'll be fine. It's just bruised, right? Yeah, just bruised. I'll come with you. Ketra's not a safe place you know, and you -" he looked up at her with a grimace, and stood. "You need my protection. I mean, it's not like anyone would ever make a pass at you, not if I was with you, anyways. Not with my sword at my hip, walking behind you, staring every man down..."

He swallowed hard, an interesting shade of yellow green, and eased himself back onto the bed. "I think I'm going to be sick." he said, and quickly snatched up the water ewer near the bed, and vomited into it neatly.

Juno

Dacia snorted, showing her attitude for a change. "And how is it your business who's interested in me? Since when is protecting me your job?" she teased. But she could see he was beginning to look even worse. Pale, sick, like he was gonna hurl. And then he did. She grimaced, covering her nose with her hands as she groaned. "Dorian! Just stay in bed! You need to rest! Just relax...I'll fix this."

A few days later, around mid-day, Dacia decided to head out and get a bit of shopping done. Her supply of food for the cubs was gone and she had nothing else to eat herself...or for Dorian. It bothered her a bit that he was bumming a room off of her, especially when she already had so little.

Still, there was something about him that just kept her coming back again and again. It was strange to her, but she was beginning to see him as...a more permanent fixture in her life. Gee, that was a startling thought.

Her thoughts preoccupied, she didn't notice the figure circling back around the market coming right for her.

Haze

Dorian was bored. Bored, bored bored. He had been for two days. The only time he wasn't bored was when Dacia was around. He grinned, thinking about her, and how motherly she'd been with him. She'd not let him get up, or do anything. Then of course there were the nights.

With only one bed, she had no choice but to share with him, and he was becoming quite accustomed to curling around her. He might be useless now, broken rib and all, but he liked to think that that at least when she was sleeping, he was there. He spent much of the nights alternating between dozing, and watching her sleep. At least when she was sleeping he didn't have hide the looks of total adoration he knew that in her waking hours, she'd scowl at.

Breaking from his thoughts, he glnced around the room. The cubs were sleeping soundly, and he decided that enough was enough. Dacia had been so giving of her time with him, and what little money she did have, that he was feeling guilty. He had a brilliant idea, and testing the way cautiously, he got out of bed.

The rest had been well worth it. He could move a whole lot better. Moving quietly around the room, as to not wake the sleeping bears, he slipped on his shirt, belted his sword around his waist, took his money pouch and headed outside.

He would get her flowers, he decided. A really nice bunch of flowers. And maybe something a bit special for dinner. Fish. He'd get fish. With a huge smile plastered on his face, he strode into the market. Upon reaching said market, he caught a glimpse of Dacia. Don't let her see... he thought quickly, and moved stealthily so she wouldn't catch his movements. He accquired the fish for a small fortune, and proceeded on to the flower stall, the whole time, keeping a watchful eye on his girl.

Juno

Dacia, oblivious to Dorian's presence at the market, went about her business as planned...mostly. As she looked over the selection at a fruit stand, she felt a sudden shadow shutter past. Quickly glancing behind her, she noticed someone else looking back. Strange..., she thought, quirking a brow.

Lowering her gaze back to the fruit, she took what she needed, paid the merchant, and hurried down the road to her next stall, but she didn't reach it before she felt a firm grip around her wrist, jerking her back. Immediately, a scowl planted itself on her expression, her mouth practically pulled up into a snarl. Ugh, Dorian.. Snapping her head around, she saw there was a man connected to this arm, but...he wasn't Dorian! Gasping a bit, eyes looking him over, she frowned deeply.

"What's your problem?! Get your hands off of me!" She snatched her hand back, but the man simply pulled her back by the waist instead.

"No, no, pretty girl, don't run from me," he said, grinning in a crooked manner. Dacia gave the brute a once-over, but she was not at all impressed with what she saw, especially the way he was treating her.

"Where's your husband?" he asked, pulling her closer, gripping her sides tighter. "Or boyfriend, is that it? Why don't you forget about them, hm? Give me a chance instead?"

Dacia, stricken by panic, shoved at him, desperately trying to put distance between them as he leaned down, his face inches away from hers. "Stop it! You're hurting me!" she growled. The man wasn't listening, though, just gradually pulling her more into the shadows even as she protested.

"Aww, come on, I can't be that bad, hm? I'll give you whatever you need..."