Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Filthy, Stinking Drunk. [Juno]

Started by Haze, December 05, 2011, 09:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haze

With the slab of fish wrapped and tucked under his arm, and a bunch of daisies in his hand,  Dorian was whistling his way back towards the exit of the market, when something in him froze. He didn't see her. The colour drained from his face, as he looked frantically around the now bustling market.

There - out of the corner of his eye, in the furtherst corner from him. He just caught a glimpse of two people retreating into the shadows. One was struggling. It wasn't a lot to go on, but he thought ... no - his clenching guts told him it was her. And she was in danger. Real danger. Thrusting his newly accquired packages to the nearest person, he broke into a run. His vision tunnelled, as his feet nimbly sped him through the crowds, dodging and leaping over obstacles as required. As he neared the shadows, he unsheathed his sword, and slowed down.

For a moment all he could hear was the pounding of his heart in his throat, then, foccussing even more he heard the tail-end of a conversation that drove his heart to his feet.

"I'll give you whatever you need..."

That was all he needed to hear. With a stone set face, he rounded the corner. It was Dacia. But his eyes stayed fixed on the man. The sodding low-life, who would dare to lay a hand on the woman he was in love with.

A feral snarl resounded in the back of his throat, and his long arms reached out to pull the man off Dacia. Dorian hurled the man around, so his back was against the wall, and held him up, adreline coursing through his muscles. Holding the cretin with one arm across his chest, Dorian raised his sword, pointing it at the man. "I will only tell you this once," He growled, his voice low and severly controlled, "If I ever see you touch her again, I will slit your throat. On the spot."

The man's eyes were bulging, and he was quick to nod, and Dorian dropped the arm holding him. He took a step back, watching as the would-be rapist clutched his fingers to his throat, feigning defeat. Dorian took another step back, eyes narrowed at the man, not believing a minute of it. Very quickly, he pulled his hand back into a fist, and hit him squarly on the chin. It was a loud, resounding "thunk", and the man dropped like a sack.

Dorian sheathed his sword, turning to face Dacia. He said nothing, a wild look in his eyes. His simply grabbed her by the elbow and yanked her back into the market place.

Juno

By the time she heard the pounding of approaching footsteps, the man already had his other hand snaked around her throat as she pushed, shoved, and kicked at him, all to no avail. She was furious, but mere anger wasn't helping her get the fiend off of her any faster.

But then a sharp yell resounded from the main road. Quickly snapping her eyes to the location of the sound, she saw Dorian rushing toward them, then, just as soon as he'd appeared, had her free. Breathing deeply and rubbing at her neck, it only took her a moment to turn her attention to the scene playing out before here.

The threats, she thought, were all too real. It caused a shiver to run down her spine, the mere idea of having this man touch her again in any way.

Dacia watched as Dorian held his sword out, ready to slice, then punched the guy. Deserved that, she thought, satisfied.

Staring into Dorian's eyes for the brief moment she could, hardly a second passed before she was off again, being dragged back out to the market.

Not knowing what to say, she just remained silent for a time, staring at the back of his head as the walked back out into the sunlight. "Thank you," she said, voice tight. Disgusted at even skirting the realm of possibility, she didn't want to know what would've happened had he not been there for her.

Haze

Dorian said nothing. His lips were drawn into a tight line, his eyes narrowed, and he pulled Dacia along less than gently. He was only just controlling himself. In his mind the scene was replaying, over and over. Different endings. All not good endings. He felt a quiver in his stomach. It did not feel good.

Thankfully, the person he'd thrust his shopping at had been a market vendor, and when she saw him stalking over, Dacia in tow she simply held out the two parcels. Dorian snatched them up without a word.

For the entire walk back to their lodgings, he said nothing, until they arrived in their room. Even then, he didn't say much. He let go of the girl's elbow, and pushed the somewhat worse-for-wear flowers into her hands. "Here. I got these for you." He muttered gruffly, and turned away from her.

His blood was boiling. It was as if someone had lit a fire in his bloodstream. He was visibly shaking now, and with a sudden roar, he swung his fist into the wall. His shoulders heaved, and when he finally turned around, his face was wrecked. "Do you want to kill me, woman?" He asked, his voice so full of futility.

Juno

Dacia could only stare at his back as they made their way back to the room. She was also very quiet, trying to do anything she could to keep herself from thinking about the what-ifs.

When they'd arrived she just wanted to sit down. As Dorian released her and pushed the bundle at her, she looked into it curiously. She saw the flowers, slightly crinkled near the edge of the package, and she just stared for a long, silent moment. He got flowers for me? she wondered, puzzled and flattered all at once.

As she looked up to thank him, though, his back was to her. Her immediate worry was that he was angry at her, as she saw him visibly shaking, and she felt a pain in her chest for that as she lowered her head to just stare at the flowers. But then Dorian lashed out, shouting and pounding his fist against the wall. Startled, she looked up at him, just holding the flowers stupidly, not saying a word.

His own words stung, however, as she didn't quite understand how he'd meant them. "Dorian, I wasn't doing anything!" she said, trying to defend herself. "He just...dragged me! I tried to get away!" Dacia's eyes were gradually becoming sad, unnecessarily worried that he wouldn't believe her. "He just grabbed me...it wasn't my fault..." Of course she didn't know, though. Didn't understand the truth of it all.

Haze

Dorian crossed over to her in three short steps, and placed his hands on the tops of her arms. His eyes were ablaze as they bored into hers.

"Do you not realise what you are doing to me?" He asked her, his voice pained. He gave a little shake, and continued. "Dacia - I was going to kill that man. When I saw him touching you - when I realised what he had you there for." He dropped his hands, and shoved them through his hair, looking more and more agitated and hopeless at the same time.  "I... I don't know what to do anymore. Can't you see... can't you?" His voice was broken. Of course she didn't see.

Dorian felt his whole world being ripped away, and he sank to his knees, hands clasped to his chest. His chest that was warm, and slippery, and wet. Pulling hands away, they were covered in bright blood. His own blood. And to his left, lay his heart, still beating. The woman and bear walked past him, his heart kicked further and further away, until at last the woman's foot came down hard, and squashed the life out of him.

"I can't bear the thought of losing you. Dacia. Please." He stepped back to her, his imploring eyes searching her, begging her to see what he felt. He took her hand gently, and pressed it to his chest, above his heart. "Dacia. You're killing me."

Juno

Doe-eyed, Dacia just looked him in the eye as he came to her, pleading with her, begging and shaking and damn near just breaking apart for her. She hadn't known before his inner turmoil. Watching motionless as he grew more and more frantic as his speech went on, she suddenly felt a light come on. He cared. He felt deep things for her, wanted to keep her safe, wanted to protect her.

As he returned, she following his eyes looking all about her face, a simple message just begging for her understanding. He didn't want to lose her. It took her a moment, just watching as he moved her hand to his chest and feeling the pounding heartbeat within. Finally, though, she nodded and lowered her head, understanding at least some of the torment she was putting him through.

"I...I don't know what to say." She gulped, suddenly very nervous and treading cautiously. "Do you...like me? Maybe...love me?"

But then it all came racing back to her. Their fight in the forest, his unwillingness to share with her his true thoughts and feelings. She worried she'd done a fatal toll to whatever relationship they had now by even asking, but she still wanted to know, craved to hear aloud what he wanted, if he wanted anything at all.

Haze

"Do you...like me? Maybe...love me?"

Dorian had no more words left. As he saw the truth dawing across Dacia's face, he gave a sigh. He put an arm around her waist, drawing her in so that she was almost standing on his toes. His hand stayed on hers, covering his heart and he dipped his head to hers.

He wanted to kiss her now. He wanted to kiss her more than he'd wanted to in his life. All the anger had gone from him, and his movements now were fluid, slow, cautious and tender. He lifted Dacia's head, so that his forehead was touching hers. He took a slow breath and found that actually, he did have a few words for her.

"Yes. And yes." He closed his eyes. "Dacia. I want to kiss you. Very, very badly.

"May I?"

Juno

The sudden intimacy startled her, and she dropped the flowers as he pulled her in closer. She carefully placed her other hand on his side, not wanting to get totally squished against him. It wasn't exactly a hug he was giving, but it was a particular closeness nonetheless. Her other hand she kept splayed on his chest, held close still by his own, but she didn't mind.

She was quite aware of just how close they were. In fact, it was causing her to ache a bit as she looked up into his eyes, their foreheads now gently pressed together. She found herself wondering if this would turn out just like last time, if he would just say whatever made him feel better and move on, but then he actually spoke.

It startled Dacia, his admission. And then he was asking to kiss, something even more intimate to her. She couldn't help but think of what had happened the other times he'd kissed her, the first leaving her in a rage, the second she felt used for. Perhaps the third time would be their charm, but no one could say for sure.

Wary of him, she finally nodded ever so slightly. "Mhmm," was all she could muster as she stood there with him, practically paralyzed by her apprehensions.

Haze

This closeness whas doing his head in. The longer she took to reply, the more frantic his mind became. Why did you ask! Fool! You should have just done it. You know she's going to reject you. No, no, no... she feels something. I know. Dacia, please don't reject me now.

With her permission, he watched her. She seemed wary of him, and rightly so. "I wont...I wont hurt you, again." He wispered, his voice a little hoarse. "I promise you." She would let him kiss her.  And he was going to make her he did it right.

Breathing very, very slowly he placed his lips. The kiss started softly, gently, feather light but the longer Doran stayed locked with her, the more passionate he became. His lips became hard and demanding. He could feel her, so near to him. His hand over hers tightened, her body soft against his lean. He could hear the roaring of blood in his ears, the fury of wanting her coursing through his veins.

Suddenly he broke off, his eyes showing just how hot and bothered he was. "Dacia, if we continue kissing like that... I'm going to want to rip your clothes off."

Juno

He promised her he wouldn't hurt her again, which she hoped dearly was the truth. In the short time they'd known each other he'd taken her on the worst emotional roller coaster of her life.

As Dorian moved in closer, pressed into her ever so gently, she closed her eyes, sighing. It gave her a rush, her heartbeat thumping strongly. Before she knew it things were getting heavier, their lips locked together, neither willing to give up the other. Dacia pressed closer and moved her hand at his side up around his body, finally resting at his shoulder. She felt his grip tighten, their quiet noises in the silence deafeningly loud. But then he broke it off.

Confused, she opened her eyes and blinked at him as she listened. She could see that something had changed, but had no idea what. It was okay, though, he made it clear enough for the both of them.  Rip her clothes off? She wasn't sure if she was ready for all of this, he had only asked for a kiss.

She knew he'd seen her naked before, but this was much different. Allowing him to be that close, to let him undress her and probably do more than that, would be an admission of her own about trust as well as her feelings, but was she ready for that?

"But...I liked it," she said sheepishly.

Haze

Dorian chuckled, and kissed her on the nose, cheeks, and finally a lingering touch on her forehead. "I liked it too," He said, leaning back and putting the smallest amount of distance possible between them. "I liked it very much. And that is why I stopped. Because I want to do it again, sometime. And if I did to you what ... "

His eyes crinkled in amusement "Believe me, Dacia, I need to cool down. Other wise you will be on that bed." His skin was flushed, eyes bright, and he grinned wolfishly at her. "Unless...." He quickly took both her hands, draping them around his neck, leaned down, brought an arm down under her knees, and swung her up into his arms. Ignoring and protesting, he just grinned, and sat on the bed, with her on his knees. Arms wrapped around her middle, and fingers splayed across her back, he stared down at her. "I would like it, very much, if we could try that again. I promise I'll try to be good."

Juno

No, don't go away... But he had to and she knew it. That didn't mean she liked that, though. She nodded, understanding, and rolled her eyes at his expression. "Oh, please," she scoffed.

In a matter of seconds, though, he had her up in his arms. Well that wasn't what she'd expected. "Hey! HEY!" she pushed at his chest and strained, flailing and kicking at his legs. "Dorian! Put me down, you idiot!" It was useless, though. He ignored her, just kept on going, and then sat down with her.

She finally stopped her antics, but frowned stubbornly instead, crossing her arms. "Try again?"
Dacia wondered what it would lead to, what all of this might lead to. "Maybe..." She didn't want to make any promises or seem eager, but she had really enjoyed it all.

She turned her attention the the cubs, who had wandered over to the flowers she'd dropped earlier. Constance was chewing on them. "AH! No! No no no! Not that! Don't eat that!" she scolded, truthfully not wanting to leave his lap. The bears just stared at her, though, quizzically, and continued on, snorting at the scent. Dacia sighed, shaking her head. "Sorry...I guess they want them now."

Haze

She sounded hesitant, and so Dorian decided not to kiss her again, just yet. Although she'd said she'd liked it, he didn't want to push his luck. What was it about this woman? He thought, as he stared at her somewhat bemused at her folded arms. One moment he couldn't help but tease her, just for a reaction, and then he overwhelmed with tenderness, taking care of her, being her fierce protector, and next he was ready to tear her clothes off with his bare hands, and do whatever the hell he liked with her. Not in a bad way. In a way that she'd know he was hers. Completely. He didn't understand it.

Dorian laughed at the sight of the cubs. "They're hungry." As Constance mauled the flowers he stood up, gently depositing Dacia on the bed. Crossing over to the little bear, he sat and began to play. "Don't worry about those... You deserve better, anyway."

Juno

Dacia was a bit disappointed when he put her down. She'd just gotten used to it, but it was still nice seeing him play with the cubs. Straightening herself up and standing, she went to her pack and pulled out a couple of apples for the twins, rolling them toward them. "There," she cooed. "Come on, eat up."

The bears pounced on the rolling objects and started gnawing at them instead. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but they're still flowers you gave me," she finally replied. "And it's still special."

Watching the cubs endearingly, she went to sit by them. Petting them whenever one wandered close, she chuckled at their messy eating. "So adorable...so precious."

Haze

Dorian's brow creased into a little frown as he watched Dacia cooing over the little animals. He remembered that he hadn't really been travelling with them, but still... they couldn't keep the little things. These little things were going to turn into big things. Big hungry things. Big hungry things that could potentially see them as food. No matter how much love they gave to the cubs, Constance and Clarity were going to need to find a new home. It was what they've headed to Ketra for, after all.

"Dacia, " he said with a sigh, "Don't you think you're getting a little too attached? You know we need to find someone who can take them, and raise them. " Maybe they even had to release them into wild. Let them fend for themselves. It was the way of nature, after all. Maybe you should mention that to her...?

"Or we need to take them back to the forest. I'm sure they'd be fine. Mother bears die all the time.." He shrugged, and let the suggestion hang in the air.

Juno

She didn't want to hear it. At all. But she knew he was right, that they couldn't really keep them for that long. Sighing, she nodded, looking up to him. "I'm not too attached," she whined, knowing the exact opposite was true. She had grown so fond of the little things. "But I don't want to just give them to strangers..."

Then he suggested releasing them back to the forest. "Oh, Dorian," she sighed. "But what if they can't fend for themselves? What if they starve?" She didn't want to think about that, just turned to look at the cubs instead of him now.

"Do you think they would really be okay out there on their own?"

Haze

"I don't think they'd starve..." he began slowly, watching the little critters. "I'm sure they'd be able to look for food themselves. We've had them for ... what, a week? Surely they're not dependent on us already?" But even as he spoke, Clarity had pawed her way into his lap. They were. The little things had been domesticised already.

An exasperrated groan left him as his hand drew up to pet her. "Okay, okay..." He had to admit he didn't really like the thought of leaving them on their own either. They were so little, and so... just so darn cute. "We'll take them into the market, see if we can find someone who will take them. Like a ... an animal trainer!"

He grinned boyishly with his fabulous idea. "And then we'll know that they're safe, and will be looked after. Maybe they'll even get famous, or something!?"

Juno

Watching the cute cub climb her way up to Dorian, Dacia sighed, shaking her head. His suggestion perked her up, though. At least they could be with someone used to being around the more exotic animals about the land. Smiling, she nodded. "Okay...let's try that. It is what we came here for after all."

Still, even over the short time they'd had them she'd grown to love the little bears and their sweetness. Grabbing up Constance, she stood up, snuggling the bear to her chest as the little one struggled in play, gnawing at her hands and kicking at her arms. "Heh," she laughed shortly. "Come on, settle down." The bear then turned and looked her in the eye.

After just a few moments of staring back her face caved into one of complete adoration. "OOOH!" she squealed. "Such big brown eyes! Oh, I'm going to miss you, sweetie..." And with that she hugged Constance close, the bear settling down enough to rub her head against the woman's neck.

Haze

"I'll go in the morning, then." He said with a nod, then watched with intrigue at the interaction between Dacia and Constance. A very tender smile wove onto his face and he sidled over, Clarity still in his lap. He put an arm around Dacia's waist, and held her. He knew the goodbye was going to be difficult, and he wanted her to know, that he would be there. In his mind's eye, saw the four of them, snuggled together on the floor. Whether they wanted to acknowledge it or not, they were a family. And they were about to be torn apart.

+++

The next morning, Dorian left very early. He untangled himself from Dacia, dropping a kiss on her head as he did so. Sleeping with her without actually sleeping with her was becoming a bit of a problem, he thought, scratching the back of his neck. Of course it was nice, and he enjoyed the feeling of her so close, but honestly, he wasn't sure how much more he could take. Once the bear's were with a new caregiver, he'd suggest they got back on the road. That was they'd have their own beds - or blankets, in any case. And he could finally relax. It wasn't that he didn't like it ... just .... he liked it a little too much.

Dorian picked up the sleeping bears from the bottom of the bed, their new favourite sleeping place, and tucked one under each arm, not unkindly. The market was still quiet, but after making a few enquires he gathered the information that he needed. There was an animal keeper passing through. He was something of an entertainer, and had a good reputation. His name was Rasputin.

He found the man's camp just on the outskirts of town. There were five wagons, several horses, but no other animals that he could see. Dorian stood outside one of the wagons, and called out "Hello?"

From his left there was movement, and he turned to see a man stepping out of the wagon, tucking his shirt into his trousers. He looked like was once a very strong man - tall and broad chested, but he three scars running parallel down his face across his eye. An eye covered by a patch. Dorian frowned. If he didn't know any better, he would have thought this man was dangerous.

"Hello there!" The man boomed, giving Dorian a great smile, and casting his eyes down to the cubs. "Well ... what have we here?"

"These cubs, " Dorian said, eyeing the man suspiciously. "Their mother was killed. They have been travelling with me for a few days, but I'm heading back on the road, and I don't know if I'll have what I need to feed them. I heard that you are taking animals to care for?

The man nodded, "yes, that's right. I'm Rasputin. Let me have the little critters..." His hands reached out for the bears, and Dorian hesitated. Surely it couldn't be this easy. "Please, " said Rasputin, a smile on his face that seemed genuine. "They'll be in good hands. I promise."

Dorian was still wary, but put it down to the fact that he was just going to miss the little cubs. He looked down at them, and sighed. "Bye bye, little ones." The cubs stared up at him, their eyes wide. For a moment... no... but for a moment Dorian could have sworn he saw a kind of intelligence in them. Dorian closed his eyes. You are way too involved, buddy. He finally handed them over into the circus-man's hands. He turned on his heel, and tried not to hear the baby bear's squeals.

The whole way back to their room, Dorian questioned whether he'd done the right thing. There was just something about the way they'd looked at him. It was if they were asking how he could abandon them so easily. Could he do the same to Dacia. No! He shook his head vigorously. She was in an entirely different league to animals.

However, as he closed the door behind him and leaned back into it, he couldn't shake the feeling he'd made a terrible, terrible mistake.

Juno

Dacia never stirred as Dorian readied himself and the cubs to depart. She rolled over unconsciously so that her back was facing the door once the bed was freed up more, but other than that she was sound asleep.

When he returned the clack of the door closing woke her. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked over her shoulder sleepily. "Hey," she mustered before yawning. "Why are you all the way over there? C'mere..." Then her head lolled back against the bed.

As she came-to more, she looked back once again, feeling a certain emptiness in the room. And it was too quiet. Way too quiet. She snapped her head up, sitting up on the bed to look at the foot of it, and they were gone. Oh, did they wander over there? Then she looked to the corner where the chair was. Again, there was nothing. Maybe under... She flipped herself over to hang her head down, desperately looking under the bed for the baby bears. But still there was nothing.

She jumped to her feet, not even seeing Dorian there anymore, and frantically searched every corner and every hiding place imaginable for their darling bears. Then, when she'd exhausted her search, she looked desperately to Dorian, looking at him with the most pleading, sad eyes feasible. "Dorian, where are they?! Did they get out somehow?! Oh...this is not good. They could have gone anywhere! They don't know anything apart from us..." And then she was twirling around, sprinting for the door as searching for the cubs flooded her thoughts.