Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Most Furious of Beasts

Started by Winters-Feather, March 05, 2012, 09:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

OOC: Not that it's important, but changed the title because I just realized how similar this sounded to another thread  that's going on currently and it was bugging me. xD

IC:
It wasn't like the King to be this late. The fae looked up  at the sky and calculated it would become midnight in another hour or so. Of course, she had left Head Quarters the minute evening appeared, as soon as the shadows were developing in the rocky mountain forest. The fae didn't have an eagle; she didn't need one. She could fly through the shadows of the land, and if that didn't suffice, she always managed to hitch a ride from one of the Hawks under her command. She was in her Maar form, sitting casually on a rock by a stream as she playfully kicked at the water. The fae was excited; she loved dangerous missions, and tonight wasn't going to be any different.

The fae pulled the letter given to her by their client, a Connloath duke, out of her tunic, which had arrived only the day prior.  Their mission was clear; kill a small band of rouge assassins that had entered Serendipity's borders. He had received intellect that their mission was to murder some noblewoman or another that was visiting friends in Serendipity. He had hired the Hawks out of desperation; he wasn't certain if the rouges were hired hands or not, and didn't want to cause conflict with the neighboring Dukes, as he was trying to keep the peace. It was more than that, though. One of them was a mage with a special trinket that could "summon the most furious of beasts". The duke wanted them to retrieve this item for him.

And now, she waited. The assassin's target was heading towards Kai's court; no doubt they were already starting to travel through Darken Vei by now. She didn't know their exact location per say, but Awari didn't doubt that the King did.
They shouldn't be far, she thought as a broad smile expanded across her face.

Scythe-Nova

Seranth looked into the sky and sighed to himself as he soared in the sky on top of Kafei, He was late to the randeuvouz point but he was near now. He looked down into the forest far down and grinned wide as his keen vision located his cute Purple Hawk.

-"Let's give her a scare shall we?"

He said rising from Kafei's back holding his arms out and then slowly falling backwards before kicking off into the air and diving towards the forest but he quickly felt something was off so he wolf whistled, and just some seconds later Kafei swooped onto Seranth grabbing him by his arms.

-"Thanks sweetie, the trees here are not good enough for a sky dive"

He smiled and looked up at Kafei before pointing towards the randevouz point and Kafei swooped down into the glade and dropping Seranth off and then took off.

-"Hello there Cutie"

He said with a wide smile as he walked up to Awari while dusting off his coat a bit.

Winters-Feather

OOC: Gonna refer to her as Maar since she's in that form in my posts.
IC:

"Hm?"
Maar's ears pricked up the moment she sensed someone with a magical presence approaching. She figured it might have been the King, but it was always better to be cautious. The fae reached towards her knife as she watched him fall through the trees, having shot down from the heavens. Maar arched an eyebrow.
"Hello," she replied as she jumped down from her rock to embrace him.
"What kept you?" Maar asked with a pout as she pulled him by the sleeve, "Come, do you have a plan, or can we just slit their throats in the dark and steal the beastie? They can't be too far, and we've plenty of moonlight and shadows."
Her eyes sparkled in the stars as she gave a cunning grin.

Scythe-Nova

-"Sorry sweetie there was some problems at the HQ before i left but i think Dram got it fixed by now"

He said with a wide grin as he crouched down to be in the same height as Maar when she embraced him. He smiled even wider and lifted Maar from the ground and began walknig through the woods.

-"Well Maar i think i'll let yah decide how we deal with the rouges"

He said as he let Maar dow on the ground again and looked through a opening in the trees catching sight of something moving in the distance and immediately crouched down to become less visible.

-"I think i can see them from ere...might be them anyways.."

He said and looked out into the forest a bit more carefully.

-"By the way what ave yah been doing since we last met?"

Winters-Feather

"Oh?" Maar replied with an amused grin on her face. She wondered how the elf managed to do that. He was many things, but diplomacy wasn't his strong suit; whatever 'solution' he offered was bound to be a little messy. She would have loved to hear the story of whatever "problem" the King had mentioned, but that was a tale for another night. She giggled as he swooped her up into his arms and carried her under the canopy of trees. The fae nodded at his plan. Fair enough; hers was rather simple. Observe, take out whatever would prevent them from automatically killing the assassins, assisnate them, and steal their trinket. She gave the widest grin yet when she saw their shadows pass by.

"Yup, that's them," she gleefully confirmed.
The fae could feel the magic seeping out from them. It was rather queer... They had been informed that it was possible that one of the rouges had magic, which was true, but there was another energy that was rather strong. It was leaking power. How clumsy of them. The fae muttered something about training Hawklings and adventuring in the woodlands at Seranth's next question as she focused on the task at hand.

The fae grabbed the half breed king by the hand and took a step backwards.
"I'm going to go scout it out. It won't but take a moment," she declared as she slipped into the shadows and glided her way towards the rouges.

Scythe-Nova

Seranth grinned widely when Maar confirmed his suspicion and looked at her with an amused expression and nodded when she said she would scout out the Rouges.

-"Well then i should prepare a bit.."

He said and began rummaging through his satchel checking over the items he had brought with him this time. As he was doing this he looked up before flinging his hand out to the side throwing some spikes into a bush making a small animal jump out and run away.

-"...Guess i'm a bit jumpy today"

He said and laughed a bit to himself before a body slumped out of the bush making a nice thud sound when hitting the ground, a few moments passed as Seranth held back a massive laugh attack.

Winters-Feather

OOC: feel free to play with these npcs too.
IC:

Maar slipped into the shadows and slithered her way towards their prey. She hid directly behind one of them as she counted their numbers. There were five of them, all dressed in black and masked. The one she was tailing was a woman of a short stature, and she was the one bearing the trinket that they were looking for. The woman hissed as she looked around the forest.
"What's wrong, Mag?"  asked the man nearest to her in a rough voice.
"I don't know," she snapped back, "Valbaqar is reacting to something violently, but I don't know what. It's not time, yet..."
Maar's heart stilled at these words.
Valbaqar.

She had heard of such a creature once, a name whispered in fear long ago. Valbaqar was mighty djinn who wasn't from this world, but of the spiritual realm. He was older than her, much older, and possessed much more power. It would take a mage of great power to be able to summon him, not to mention the stamina to control him. How were these numbskulls able to do it, and why'd they need him to off an equally stupid noblewoman? Well, whoever they were, they looked well armed and had a dangerous djinn in their hands. Maar would have offed them at that instant had she not been merely scouting; no doubt the King would want into the fun. Though, for once, she was worried; whatever happened, she could not let that djinn harm Seranth. Maar quickly went back to Seranth as their disturbance at whatever what was going on increased. No doubt the djinn knew they were already here; they had to strike before his wielders figured it out.

"Seranth," she said as she slipped out from the ground a couple yards away from him. The fae quickly reported what she saw as her eyes turned towards the bush with the dead man.
"Why was that man in a bush?" she asked, her eyes narrowed.

Scythe-Nova

Seranth swallowed his laughter and walked over to the man he had just killed flipping him over and inspecting him a bit before going back to the bag he had been searching through as Maar came back from the shadows, Her report held some suspicion's about that Djinn that the assassins had.

-"Well that poses a somewhat larger threat to us... Say d'you think the mage could actually controll the Djinn?"

He asked as he pondered and put his hand against his chin looking like he was thinking hard. He Picked up the bag and slinged it onto his back and looked towards the dead man before shrugging lightly and looking at Maar.

-"Dunno i think he's a scout or sumthin a good one at that too."

He said and picked up Maar in his arms carrying her with a smile, He began running down a path that would intercept the assassins and when he had gained good speed he jumped up into a tree and began jumping along the branches very nimbly.

-"I think we's need to off em fast if we's gonna get through this job without injury dont'cha think?"

He said with a wide Grin on his face showing his affection towards Danger and bad odds, Even considering the speed which he treversed the branches he barely made any noise at all.

[OOC: Hope you Don't mind him picking Maar up :3]

Winters-Feather

"Not well," Maar replied as Seranth picked her up.
She didn't mind the ride as she casually held onto him, though the fae didn't mind. Maar smiled back at his suggestion.
"Of course," she sweetly replied, though she held up a hand signifying him to stop once they were a few yards behind their prey.
Without asking permission, the fae slipped out of Seranth's hands and disappeared, her body masterfully merging into the shadows cast onto the tree and down onto the ground.

She wanted to go for the woman named Mag first, since she was the one with the djinn, but the woman had made her way towards the front of the group, and that would have ruined the surprise. So, Maar silently emerged from the shadows to jump onto the back of the man that was closest to her  and stabbed him through the heart. The assassin held a hand over his mouth to muffle the noise.
Four more to go.

The fae smiled as he toppled to the ground, captivating his companions' attentions. With angered and alarmed cries, they all drew their weapons, except for Mag, who quickly jumped onto her horse and began to flee. Maar tsked but focused her attention on the men. She'd leave the woman to her king, for now.

Scythe-Nova

"On horse eh? This is gonna be fun" Seranth thought as he set after the woman with terrifying speed now that he did not carry maar. though it still was a horse he was racing so he had to skip the stealthy approach, as he flew through the canopy of the trees he made much noise but he was still catching up fast to the horse.

-"I think i'll use the wires today"

He said to himself as he pulled out some wires from his satchel before throwing out the wires down onto the woman on the horse when he was above her in the trees. and when he felt the wires latching onto her body he stopped and jumped down onto the ground and the wires did the rest of the work pulling the woman of her horse and hoisting her into the air and strangling her.

-"Hey hey! Yah think yah can outrun the Glint Hawks eh?"

He said as he twisted the wires some and tangling in the woman into the wires more by doing so. He was grinning all the time while doing this when he saw the trinket hanging from the womans body.

-"Huh... that looks very valuable."

Winters-Feather

Meanwhile, Maar quickly surveyed the four men, standing still in their circle. Suddenly, the man behind her pounced. Taking this as an opportunity, Maar used her skill and training to use the man's own force and weight against him to send him toppling down to the ground with her knife in his back. Swiftly, she dodged incoming blows from the others and moved for the larger man to her left. The fae pounced onto his back and slit his throat  before tumbling backwards. She waited for the other two men to approach her. She made a bee line for the smaller of the two's shadows and forced him to stab his companion. Instead of killing this one immanently, Maar forced him to drop the sword and go down to his knees. Though his body was visibly quaking from fear, his lips were drawn in a stern frown. His cold eyes stared at Maar with intense hatred. Maar only smiled back at him.

"What did you fools think you could accomplish by possessing Valbaqar?" she demanded, "All this to kill some noblewoman? Iblon, wasn't it?"
The man scowled at the djinn's name but only  laughed at her next question.
"You're the real dumb ass here," he said, "I bet some idiotic Duke send you on our trail."
Maar shifted her foot on his shadow, using it to twist his arm. He gasped in pain.
"He... got... it.. wrong!" he said furiously  between moans.
"Wrong?" asked Maar as she loosened her grip on him.
The man nodded.
"We weren't hired to kill the Lady Iblon; we were hired by her."

Maar's interest peeked at these words. He wasn't lying.
"You're transporting the djinn to her," she said, confused, "But..."
Maar's eyes widened. The djinn was a mighty figure known for causing destruction. If the lady had hired rouges to deliver it to her, than that only meant she was plotting something foul.
"If you hurt Mag..." the man continued, but Maar swiftly used his shadow to break his neck.
"She's most likely dead," Maar replied as if it was a fact of life and quickly ran off into the woods for her King.
It then occurred to her that he had was fond of the woman.

She found Seranth by the strangled body of the woman and the panicked horse.  The fae cheerfully ran up by his side, admiring his handiwork.
"I had a chat with the men," she said, "They're not assassins, they're transporters. The lady herself hired them."
Maar pointed at the beautiful golden trinket, a crystal pedant that gleamed in the light that only seemed to glow brighter and brighter.
"It seems that the Old One wants to say hello," she said thoughtfully, "Best be on your guard and make no deals."

Scythe-Nova

As he looked at the woman being slowly strangled he brought his hand to his nose and pinched his nose shut so he could not feel the smell that was sure to come as the womans body let go of everything i had held in peeing and pooping as the muscles relaxed just before the woman died.

-"I shouldn't ave dun that... always forget mah sensitive nose"

He said to himself as he moved to the side and looked to the side as Maar arrived an he smiled widely seeing her cute face again.

-"Did it go well over there?"

He asked and waited for a response but forgot about it as Maar told him that the old one wanted to talk, so he looked at the trinket trying to prepare himself for whatever appeared from the trinket.

-"So any suggestions on what not to do?"

Winters-Feather

The fae only shrugged as a blinding light suddenly flashed. Maar was fortunate enough to cover her eyes in time, though she still had to force them open after the brilliance of it had settled. She solemnly bowed before the regal and ugly creature that stood before her. The djinn was of a brilliant shade of sea green. It's body was similar to that of a stocky human's, except his limbs were longer and bigger and he sported giant bat like wings. He was also quite naked. The most curious thing about Valbaqar, however, was his face.His bald and scaly head quite resembled an elephant, with his large tusks, his ears with his lobes flopping down past the sides of his face, and his mischievous all knowing grin. He laughed at the sight of the bowing fae, the moonlight twinkling off the light from the nose ring hooked in his crooked beak of a nose.
"Hello, Valbaqar," Maar greeted.
"Awari," he chuckled in reply, his deep voice booming over the area, "You're still sporting that pathetic human guise?"

The fae only smiled as she dropped her glamour, revealing a tall and pale fae woman with hair that resembled the night sky. It was rare for Awari to drop her Maar guise, but some days proved to be exceptions. Besides, with just the King and the djinn around, there was no reason for her to keep it up. Glamour was not going to fool him.
"It's not like you going around causing wars, Old One," she quietly said, cutting to the chase. "Why do matters of this world matter to you?"
Again, the djinn seemed to be terribly amused by the fae.
"I don't," he rumbled in reply, "But my contract with that brat forces me to oblige to her will."
He looked at the mangled body of Mag with disgust.
"I can't do my job properly if her servants are this inept," he spat.

He bared his fangs.
"It's not like you Awari to get in my way," he said.
"Times have changed," she quietly retorted, subtly drawing herself into a defensive pose.
"Pity, really," he lamented before powerfully pouncing towards the fae.
She gracefully jump out of his way, but barely.

"Sarenth, the lamp!" she shouted as the djinn punched her in the gut.

Scythe-Nova

-"this dude is really butt ugly... and naked.."

Seranth said as his sight returned from the brilliant flash of light before rubbing his eyes some as he looked at the exchange of words between the two magical creatures before raising an eyebrow when Maar enterd her combat stance and looked at the large djinn and enterd his own stance.

-"So we gonna ave to fight this ugly basterd?"

He said and jumped to the side when the djinn lunged towards Maar as he made a backflip he threw several knifes toward the djinns back before glancing towards Maar when she shouted to him about the lamp.

-"Lamp? i thought t'was a trinket"

He said as he lunged himself into the canopy in the trees before making his way towards Mag's strangled body before swinging down on a branch and reaching for the trinket to grab it.

Winters-Feather

OOC: if you want to continue the fight or end it, it's up to you; feel free to control the djinn lol

IC:

The djinn roared in anger as the knives pierced his flesh. Awari, who had tumbled to the ground, used the opportunity to sink into the shadows.
"He doesn't even know how to use it!" he crackled as he took in a deep breath and breathed out a stream of fire. The brilliant flames seemed to take a life of their own as they consumed a straight line of grass and flowers and up an old oak tree. Its light seemed to get rid of some the near by shadows, but Awari was still no where to be found. Valbaqar was careful to make sure he wasn't surrounded by the shadows, an evil glint in his eyes.

All was silent for a moment before suddenly the fae pounced from a near by tree top, aiming for the djinn's face. He moved, causing one of her daggers to pierce his shoulder. Valbaqar skillfully moved to cause the fae to slam to the ground, but she was more lithe than he had anticipated. She went to the ground, but with his body hunched over, she lunged herself to touch his shadow. Then, they were at a stand still. Both the fae and djinn panted as she struggled to keep his muscles in her control, especially his hands, feet, and mouth, which she kept shut.
Awari wildly grinned up at the djinn.
"I bet that woman doesn't even know you're using her for your own means. Seranth," she said sweetly, "How much extra do you think that man will pay us if we dispose of her? Perhaps we could  become employed by someone with a deeper purse, hmm?"

Scythe-Nova

Seranth swiped the lamp from mag dead body before dropping down from the trees and running back at Maar waving the lamp around some, He smiled at Maar as she asked about the extra pay.

-"I dunno Maar but i hope he does otherwise we'll have to steal about half of his fortune"

He saidand laughed loudly before looking up at the Djinn and tilting his head and then pointed the Lamp at him with a wide grin.

-"Soooo... what do i do with this thing?"

He asked and glanced at Maar and smiled a bit confused as he kept a watchfull eye on the Djinn in case he made some rash movements.

Winters-Feather

Awari grinned wolfishly at the suggestion of stealing half of the fortune.
"That would be awfully generous of her," she mischievously replied as she began to break into a sweat. This djinn was a powerful beast, after all; he would break out of her power, soon.
"I don't know," she admitted as her King asked her what to do, "What does one do with djinn lambs? Rub them? Say their name and send them back into their homes?"
This talk only seemed to anger Valbaqar as he suddenly took in a deep breath and let out a spew of flames through his nostrals, causing Awari to break her hold of him.
"Seranth!" she called out sharply as she dodged the flames.

Scythe-Nova

-"Hmmm well i thin-Oh Shit!"

Seranth were cut of by Valbaqar's attack and he took a leap to the side thus dodging the fire by mere inches, He backflipped up into one of the tree's and looked towards the large Djinn.

-"Well lets hope this works.."

He said to himself before swinging down from the tree and pointing the lamp towards Valbaqar and looked at him with a stern look.

-"Valbaqar i command you to return to your Lamp!"

He shouted and looked at Valbaqar hoping that this would work and that he would not be attacked by the large naked Djinn.

Winters-Feather

Miracle of all miracles, the djinn cursed at the  order as he glared at the fae.
"Run and hide, little Awari," he sneered, "This is a matter too big for your hands."
With that, he disappeared into the lamp as the wind roared. The fae  knelt on the ground and bowed her head as it whistled through the trees, whose branches and leaves were violently swayed by the power of the lamp. Then, rather abruptly, all was still and the djinn was safely contained.

The fae sighed as she glamoured into  Maar.
The woman now a child skipped happily over towards Seranth's tree.
"Are you all right?" she asked as she looked up at the king.
The fae turned towards the corpse of the woman and the horse, which was now attracting flies and other like critters. It was starting to smell, now.
"It's a pity you didn't spare the horse," she commented as she nimbly began to climb the tree, "I could have taken her place. Would have been part of the fun."
By the king's side, she sat down on the branch, and , holding tight to it with her hands, swung upside down.
"What do you propose we do, now?" she asked.

Scythe-Nova

Seranth breathed out in relief as the Djinn returned to the lamp in his hand and just relaxed as he hung from the branch, He started to laugh just some seconds late before bursting out into a full laughter untill Maar came up and hung there on the branch with him.

-"Yeah i'm good, So would yah say that was a close one eh?"

He said laughing a bit before Maar asked what they should do now, Seranth crossed his arms and thought to himself as he started to swing back and forth on the branch. After some seconds he swung down onto the ground and looked up at Maar with a wide grin.

-"Well i think we should at least pay this bitch a visit to get a thought about what she's planning, then depending on her answer Kill her or... ehm.. well hell we'll kill her eitherways"

He said as He began walking towards the way that the horse had ran away but stopped and looked towards Maar.

-"... Eh.. do we have any idea where this bitch lives?"

He asked and looked towards Maar with a curious look.