Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wandering

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2005, 09:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Suki casually walks down the street stopping at a few stands and looking at the goods. She stops at a fruit stand and chats with the owner while slowly sneaking her tail up and wraps it around an appleand walks away. She continues walking down the street muching on the apple not paying much attention to the passerbys.

((OOC:Really bad post but what can I say I'm rusty....))

Goldie

"Kai, ye lazy boy!" the inn keeper shouted when he found his hired help lounging in the grass just behind the kitchen.  "I ain't payin' ye t'lounge around like an arse! Get yerself inside and be 'elpful!"

Pulled from his daydreams, the young man jumped at the shout and was on his feet in a few seconds.  He hadn't expected that scumbag of an inn keeper to be back for at least an hour so he had decided to enjoy the beautiful day to the best of his abilities...lying down and letting the sun dance across his deep olive skin.  He hated his job, but he needed the money, otherwise he would have quit a long time ago....

"Sorry, sir." he replied with just a hint of disrespect, enough to satisfy the annoyance that was burning inside of him.  He hated that man....loathed him....

He thinks he's powerful because he owns this dump Kai thought bitterly He doesn't care about anything or anyone if it doesn't help him....

"Yeah, ye best be sorry!"  The large man replied, "Don' let me catch ye sleepin' ever again!"  With that he turned and stormed back inside, leaving his kitchen boy alone in the yard.

Burn the bastard's ass... a small voice echoed in Kai's head, but he pushed it aside.  He didn't know why he had such violent thoughts at time, or why they were so hard to ignore, but he had found that if he followed them that he normally found himself in deep trouble.....in jail, or in front of a jury....not a good thing....best to ignore it...best to...

A small flame flickered at the tips of his fingers, dancing around his palm like small red threads.  His brown eyes flashed, a small red flame kindling deep inside his eyes changing the deep brown to a light amber....the fire in his fingers grew in brightness steadily and whatever thoughts he had about fighting and forgetting about that small voice were gone.  He was lost in a field of fire, helpless as another side of himself took control.

"I don't think you should be talking to me like that." he replied in a deep voice, much lower than he could ever talk normally.

"What d'ye say?" the inn keeper replied, his fat face turning steadily redder and then paled at the sight of the fire glowing in Kai's hands, "Now....ye don' want t'do anythin' hasty..." he stuttered, taking a step back but he hadn't gone far before the flames lept from Kai's hands unto the folds of his clothes, catching immediately and spreading like a wildfire.  The man screamed and rolled around in the grass as the flames licked at his skin, burning him deeply before Kai held out his hands again and summoned the fire back, watching it fade into his hands before his eyes turned brown again, and he stood there, panting.

Then he saw what he had done...what that other side of him had done....oh Gods...he nearly killed him..nearly...he couldn't be caught, Gods he had to get away!  The voice was getting stronger and where before he could ignore it with an effort, it had completely taken control this time....this time he hadn't been able to...

Without looking back, Kai flew through the grass and onto the streets, desperate to get away, to run away before someone realized what he had done!  If they caught him he'd be finished..there was no way anyone in their right mind would believe him if he said a voice in his head told him to do it and he couldn't resist....

Anonymous

She stops in her tracks as she picks up the commotion with her acute sense of hearing. A quickened pulse, hastened breath and the crackle of fire. She stood for a minute considering investigating it but before she could move she felt a breeze ruffle her light coat and noticed the yound boy running past her. Instantly her curiousity took over and she decided to follow him.

((....The SPS is killing me...stupid writers block....))

Goldie

Run away...oh Gods run away he urged himself on silently, trying hard not to look completely panicked incase his composure called himself out to the guards.  He had already run into them once and had been able to weasle himself out of punishment, but if they caught him again in the heat of his crime....there would be no telling what they'd do to the seventeen year old boy...

No one believed him...believed that something inside of himself would randomly take control...try to force it's powers out and cause massive amounts of destruction.  And the worst part of it was that he was completely helpless...his mind went blank and anything that happened he would not remember as if in those few moments he was kicked out of his mind into a deep black void that's only exit became visible when the darkness receeded and he was himself again...panting like he had been running for miles...

And the burning....he could still feel that burning in his hands.  There were never any marks on his skin, but the heat that came from his fingertips after such a black out was enough to scortch even the toughest wood.

Not paying attention to where he was running to, Kai found himself entering some woods that encircled Serendipity.  He was nearly free, nearly away from the village that would surely start to hunt him down if they ever found him...or realized he was the criminal....

You shouldn't be running, you damn fool

Gods...no...the voice was back and he could already feel his frantic flight slowing.

The bastard didn't die...why are you still running?

"I won't listen to you..." he replied to the voice, holding tightly onto a tree in an attempt to fight the urge to run back and kill that man....kill....

Yes...kill him...

"No..." he muttered weakly, falling to his knees as fire raced through his veins.  He wouldn't give in...he had already done enough damage seeing that the man would be horrible scarred for the rest of his life!  He had done enough damage...far too much damage....

Anonymous

Pants as she chases after him who is this guy? When he finally stops she slowly sneaks up behind a tree and watches him for a moment. She notices the internal peril evident in his eyes that she knew all to well.

Slowly she stepped out from behind the tree and crept towards him trying not to startle him. She crouches down next to him. "A-Are you alright?"

Goldie

The poor boy was so caught up in his inward battle, that he didn't even notice the figure kneeling beside him and when she spoke, his head shot up.  His heart was still racing from his frantic dash, but the voice was gone in the same instant that she spoke, the fire in his veins receeding until disappearing into nothing.

He was normal again....at least for now....

"Y..yes.  I..I think so." he muttered, his hands shaking slightly.  That had been so close...far too close for comfort.  Kai couldn't even begin to imagine what would have happened if the voice had taken over.  It seemed that with each time, it became stronger and stronger. Now he feared that one day the Kai he wanted to be would be swallowed by some other version of himself that took pleasure in killing...

"I mean...yes...yes I'm fine." his stuttering voice was enough to tell anyone he was lying, but it felt good to hear his own voice and to know that he was in control.

Anonymous

She knew that he was lying but didn't push the issue for she knew some things were not meant to be let out, especially to strangers. She plopped down on the ground next to him trying to get comfortable then looked up at him and spoke. "That was a pretty big commotion back there....You don't seem like one that would be able to cause it."

She sat watching him slightly then a look of realiztation came to her face. "I'm so rude. I've been sitting here talking and I didn't even introduce myself, I'm Suki." She sticks out a clawed hand with a light, almost unoticable coat of fur covering it and smiles lightly.

Goldie

He looked up at the woman, straightening from his bent over kneeling position until he was sitting comfortably indian style.  He had never seen someone quite like what he was seeing...but then again, he hadn't really been anywhere than Serendipity and locked away in that inn....

Oh Gods....

The thought of it made him sick.  Made him so sick that he wanted to push it out of his mind completely.

"Yeah...well....I guess a guy can surprise you..." he muttered with disgust to her statement about him not being able to cause that much commotion.  And in reality...it hadn't really been him, had it?  It had been that damn voice that flared up every once in a while.

"Kai." he replied as she introduced herself, grasping her hand in a light but friendly grip.  He didn't want to do anything that could possible get him in trouble before, and holding her hand for too long seemed like the perfect oppotunity for the voice to flare up and have him burn her as well.

It was terrible...a curse...or...or...maybe not?  Maybe he wasn't really himself at all!  What if the real Kai was the voice that tried to break free?  What then?  What would happen if one day it would completely take over, throwing his mind into the horrible darkness forever.....