Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Three Little Faries Dead in a Row [Jazbel]

Started by Brooke Chase, July 01, 2012, 11:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooke Chase

My body flinched as I tightened the laces on my corset, the bruises on my ribs from last weeks beating were still on my ribcage. Liam had found out that I spent most of the money for tonight's party on a fortune teller, even with amnesia he made sure I wouldn't ever forget to never disobey him again. My lip had healed for the most part, he was smart though he made sure the bruises wouldn't be seen by anyone here at tonight party. He wanted me to be a part of his agenda, help entertain his business men.

"Brooke! Come here now!" Liam shouted from the main room in his large home which was just on the outskirts of Uthlyn. As I approached him I could see his anger still apparent towards me. Grabbing my wrist he pulled my hand to him, "You are hurting me." I winced as the words left my mouth. Liam's grip tightened, "Don't make me show you real pain - for the second time." He took a jab to my ribcage as he placed a small bag of coins into my hand and pushed my hand away. "I need you to go into town a hire someone for musical entertainment for tonight, the person I had is well ... currently missing and we don't have much time." Liam checked himself out in the mirror, fixing any hairs our of place and smoothing out his freshly groomed eye brows. Liam was a very handsome man, I would not contest that. However, that didn't make up for his complete cruelty towards myself and most likely anyone else who got on his bad side.

I nodded to Liam and walked out the door, I wouldn't disobey him this time.

Winters-Feather

Jazbel finished the finishing cords of a ballad he had picked up in the Hollow and gave a humble bow to his audience, a small crowd made chiefly of bored children and those of the higher classes, as well as idle housewives and servants out doing errands. He loudly thanked them for their wonderful participation and encouraged them to throw a copper coin or two into his hat as he readjusted his long coat. The winds had been restless on the autumn afternoon and were picking up as the sun trailed across the sky. The stubborn man refused to acknowledge that the chill was bothering him more than it had twenty years ago, though he secretly knew that it was true. With a sigh, his eyes briefly strayed towards the sky.

Mister Liam's party ought to start in a few hours, he mused as his nodded in thanks as the money was dropped into his hat, his crowd thinning out.  The hotel in which he was lodging in was located not too far from the square- as he strummed a mellow ditty on his lute, he made a note to leave soon, change, and beg for a position at Liam's. Nobles and the rich alike were always in the want for talented musicians to show off their wealth, and Jazbel didn't doubt that Liam was much different. Besides, he had a job to do; the city's council had hired him to spy on the man. Apparently he was dabbling in "the worst kinds of magic possible" though they wouldn't specify what.
More like they didn't know what, he thought, a little annoyed.

The man liked details, specifications. Still, Jazbel supposed as he interrupted his tune to scoop up his cap and count his earnings, this job was certainly in his capabilities. He was just going to have to keep his senses extra sharpened and ask around as slyly as possible. After counting his earnings trice over, he gave a satisfied nod and placed most of it in his purse, leaving a few coins in his hat to give any new passerbys an idea of what he excepted in return for his entertainment. He still had some time, he thought, as he picked up the ditty from where he had left off.