Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The music is pretty, no? [Garman123]

Started by Zane, August 16, 2012, 12:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

It was a cold day in Fallial. Exemplified by the small amount of snow that fell, melting as it his the less cold ground. Needless to say most of the occupants of the small village were at the tavern, a troubadour had found his way to the village. The people were jovial thanks to the music, enchanting as it was by itself, it was even more so thanks to the trace amounts of magic in it. Every once and a while a villager would ask for a certain song in exchange for some coin or a drink. the minstrel had a wide collection of brews on the table and his coin purse was filling.

Desmond was having a grand time. He loved to play for people. He loved the reaction he got from the people as his songs made them surf through memories. he would continue playing well through the night.

Gar

As the snow fell around him, Gar shivered. He sprinted through the snow towards a luminous object in the distance. "A-ha! A tavern!" He excitedly stated out loud. He ran a little faster, his weapons clanking against his sides. During this, La'Tsella was having the bumpiest ride of her life! She stuck her head halfway out of Gar's pouch, and saw the tavern. Better hide, so no one sees me, she thought as she slid back inside. Gar grasped the door's handle, pulled it open, and stepped inside. He looked around at all the people, before walking towards the bartender and purchasing a few bottles of mead.

Zane

Desmond set up a new song as a young man walked in. This one was strong and low, with calming magic riddled though it. The people were becoming a bit rowdy, but that was nothing magic couldn't fix. As the song came to a close he took a swig from one of the brews on his table. it was a sweet and buttery wine, very delectable. He would be having more of this drink later on.

Gar

Gar hummed along with the music, as he sat down quietly towards the back. He drank a sip of the mead, and started to tap his foot. Meanwhile, La'Tsella was listening also, and felt the magic touch her and Gar. She grinned at the thought that a musician would need to calm his audience with magic.

Zane

Desmond looked to his audience. What a bunch they were, good tippers though. He had played most of the songs that came to his mind naturally, with the exception of "The Grand Baroness" and "The Hymn of the Dancing Girl. Desmond looked to the occupants of the table across from him, which happened to be the man who came in a few minutes ago. "You sir! Do you have any requests?"

Gar

He looked up at the musician. "Not particularly, I barely know any songs to suggest." He sighed and took another sip of mead. "Whatever you want, I guess." Looking down at the floor again, he sighed once more.

Zane

"Well how about the Hymn of the Dancing Girl?" Desmond asked and the rest of the tavern's occupant's roared. most knew of the hymn of the dancing girl, it was a long told rumor of the spirit of a dancing girl that would appear at dawn the disappear as the day went on. "Well looks like the song has been agreed upon."

Desmond started playing the sad melody. There was no magic accompanying it, there was none needed. Nobody could play this song like Desmond could.

[align=center:s49hajxl]The way I see her dancing,
With flowers in her hair,
Her feet are always moving
Her rhythms always there
If you should see her dancing,
I pray you stop and stare,
For tonight the dawn is breaking,
Tomorrow she's nowhere.
[/align:s49hajxl]

Two more verses followed in the same sad lyric style. when he was finished many people threw some coins into his bag on the ground. Desmond took another drink from the sweet wine. It wasn't often that a song was cherished by the people.