Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ah what a day.... [Dreamwolf]

Started by Zane, November 17, 2012, 12:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Rohtare stepped out of the cat tails and knelt next to Luna and took Roh out if her arms, gently stroking his child. "Those, child, are a special kind of tears. They are tears of joy. They appear when your happiness knows no bounds. It is because I probably remind you of your mother." He then turned to Zane. "Your mother would be proud of you Zane. She to was a healer at one time."

"My mother? W-what happened to my mother?"

"She-" Rohtare's voice wavered and he looked away, "she became a banshee about 700 years ago. I'm sorry Zane."

Dreamwolf

Luna looked at Rohtare and smiled. "Luna is happy. Luna misses mother, but Luna also knows mother will still be there when Luna returns." Luna started when she heard the word Banshee. This was word her mother had only ever whispered to Luna, as a threat to behave herself., yet these two spoke as if they were real.

"What is a Banshee? Mother said they kill bad pups."

Zane

Zane was torn, he had never met the person who Rohtare labeled as his mother and then said became a banshee, but he cared nonetheless. At least he knew now, but what about his father?

While Zane was lost in thought Rohtare took it upon himself to answer the question. "A banshee is a dreadful creature that some spirits become when they die, under normal circumstances when a spirit dies the simply fade. But if one were to die while consumed with malice, avarice, or regret, they become a Banshee. A Banshee will kill anything that moves, animate or not. In the past entire forests have been leveled by banshees. His mother became one by what I guess to be regret, his father died under poor circumstances. I was the one who killed the banshee she became, she was no longer the forest spirit that I had become friends with, no longer the spirit I loved" He was barely whispered that last sentence. Zane seemed to have recovered himself.

"I myself have killed a Banshee before, in Adela. It had been terrorizing Draconi forest." Zane looked down at his feet, he felt small, he then remembered something. "You said my mother became a banshee about 700 years ago, but I'm barely over 200 years old and my earliest memory was-"

"Waking up in Kerim correct? You are actually over 700 years old, when I killed that banshee you were barely a pup, I took you to Kerim and wiped your memory, I was on my way to come visit you when I got a bit sidetracked" Rohtare looked around the forest, "This forest was dying then, I had to stay."

Dreamwolf

Luna nodded as she took the information in. "Luna has decided." She paused. Looking at both males. "Luna will hunt Banshees. They must be mercy-killed for their sakes and the sakes of others. Banshees are spirits, they deserve to be put to rest."

The young wolf girl had no idea what this endeavor would entail, but she knew it was a task she would set herself to. "Mother was strong and Luna will be strong, too. Luna will find and mercy-kill the Banshees. Luna will get Fen to help. Fen is kind and strong and he will listen. Fen knew Mother, Fen took a branches from Mother's tree to make a shrine for Mother. Fen will listen. Fen hates bad killing." Again the wolf girl practically sang the praises of the one called Fen. She believed Fen to be an alpha, a wolf leader, so she thought he could do no wrong.

((Feel free to mention Fen once attacked innocent people while in a fit of rage. It would have been in this area of the continent anyway.

Zane

Zane looked at Luna for a long moment. "If you are serious about hunting banshees. You are going to need help. Now I don't know who Fen is or his battle experience. But when you fight one you fight expecting to die. You fight harder that way. You fight fearlessly. Banshees stand between seven and ten feet tall have razor sharp claws that are between four and six inches long. They have arms that come down to their knees with two joints in it. The worst part about them is their hunting cry. It sounds like someone screaming in terror."

Rohtare looked at Zane. "What do you say Zane. Will you help her? You have experience fighting them."

Zane looked away. He had hoped he would never have to face such a creature again. But no one should fight one unprepared. "Yeah. Count me in."

Dreamwolf

Luna listened gravely to their words. When they mentioned dieing however, one thought came to her mind. She waited, somewhat impatiently for them to finish before saying what was one her mind.

"Fen does not die. Luna has seen him sliced and stabbed and cut almost in half and live. Fen is strong in many ways. He fights as if he could die, even when he knows the enemy cannot kill him. Fen can fight Luna even when Luna fights with all her strength. He says Luna must win no matter what." Luna looked at both males with a smile of smug satisfaction on her face. She would trust Fen, but she would also trust this Zane. "Zane looks strong too, but Fen is different strong."

((Somehow I have created an obsessive monster...and she will never be more than a little sister to Fen...its sad how mean I am sometimes))