Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Don't trust anyone you meet in a Tavern

Started by Ycharley, November 19, 2012, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ycharley

It was crowded in the tavern that day, it was loud and slightly too warm for comfort. It had an odd odor of old ale, which could make someone with a weak stomach queasy. Tyr had come there that day to drink, it was his birthday and he planned on celebrating it.

It was clear to anyone who knew Tyr in the least, that he was completely wasted. He staggered to a table, slamming his mug of alcohol down, some of the liquid spilling over the edge. A girl sat there, something about her seemed familiar and he didn't like it. He wasn't one to talk to strangers, or talk at all, but then again, he was drunk.
"You know what I hate," He started, his voice loud, his words slurred.
He stared at the armored, muscular girl in silence, giving her a moment to answer. That's when he placed it, she reminded him of his incubus father. Still he remained silent, wanting her to guess at least once, his white tattoo's seeming to have an odd glow as he stared at her.

Xphy

Azaelie had never liked taverns, or any densely populated areas for that matter. The affect her presence tended to have on people was always more trouble than it was worth. But there wasn't really much she could do about it aside from hope it didn't cause someone to do something they would regret.

She had been in the middle of a drink when someone interrupted her by slamming his mug down on the table near her. She didn't recognize the man from anywhere, he was obviously intoxicated from the way he was carrying himself. Just great... The last thing she wanted to have to deal with a drunkard.

"What...?" she asked, looking up from her glass to give him a not so nice look. There was something about him, something that reminded her about a demon. And yet he didn't quite seem like one, at least not a full blooded one anyway.

Ycharley

"You're no fun," He slurred, oblivious to her looks.
"Demons, incubi especially, which is absolutely hilarious considering my father is one," He started, as he began to laugh. People in the tavern began to look at him, weary of demons, but he didn't seem to care.
Tyr pulled up a chair, nearly falling as he did so, sitting across from Azaelie, "So why do I find you look so familiar, are you another bastard child of Adrien's?" He asked in a hushed whisper. His breath reeked of alcohol, his eyes were slightly blood shot, And the white markings on his body began to glow, which only brought more people looking.
What ever effect Azaelie had on other people, she didn't have on him.

Xphy

Azaelie rolled her eyes as the man mentioned that his father was an incubus. Just great... The only thing worst that a drunkard was one that was part demon. She didn't know this man or what he was about, but she knew to be even more careful now. Half-breeds were often volatile and dangerous, and you never knew how they handled their demonic nature.

"Look..." she replied curtly. "I don't know this Aaron person you speak of, nor do I have any relatives by that name. If you are looking for this person I would suggest you ask someone else."

Ycharley

Tyr looked at her, his eyes calculating, he didn't trust her, there was something about her. "I didn't say Aaron," He spoke, his eyes squinting, distrusting. He had always had trust issues thanks to his father. Why did she say Aaron, has she just misheard him or was there something else behind it. He sat back in his chair, starring at her, half glaring.

He took a deep breath and a big drink of his ale. He thought about just standing up and leaving, but he didn't want to do that. He wanted to know more about this women.

Xphy

"My apologies then," Azaelie replied, keeping her eyes locked on the man at all times. "I must have misheard you..." She had no idea what he wanted or what he was up to, and from what little she had learned she had no reason to believe it was anything good. If anything his demeanor suggested quite the opposite.

"Either way, I have not heard of this person you speak of and I can assure you he is of no relation to me," she continued.  "I know of both my parents and neither had a name like that..."