Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lighting of the Lake

Started by visualspice, November 28, 2012, 11:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Oi! Valia!" Faolán came to a stop beside her and reached down to help her up. That was quite a spill! And right into the mud!

And then he caught sight of her tears.

Uh oh.

"Valia? Are you alright? You're not hurt, are you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Faolán's voice cemented her back into this reality as she shot her hot pink gaze towards him.
"DO I BLOODY LOOK ALRIGHT!? LOOK AT MY HAIR! MY CLOTHES! EVERYTHING IS A MESS! THIS NIGHT AS GONE ALL WRONG! IMPOSSIBLY WRONG- AND I CAN'T EVEN PARTICIPATE IN THE CEREMONY NOW! I'm too late!" And into a spell of weeping she went, her sobs seemingly swallowed by the night.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Uhhh..." Faolán stood there awkwardly, not quite sure how he should handle this. Because, well, she was right. She did look a terrible mess. The night had gone terribly wrong. And they had missed the ceremony, when he'd really wanted to go and send Aella a candle, because goodness knew she deserved it, and he'd said he would, and now he wouldn't get to.

Shoulders slouching with his own building disappointment--if he hadn't been stuck here with this brat, he would have made it, and would have had less bruises--he sighed.

"I know..." he said slowly, staring at the ground. "I'm sad about that, too. But, er...why don't we go back and...like...get you cleaned up a little?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"Go back?" she sniffled weakly, before rage over took her. "GO BACK!?" The words were now barked as she whirled around and glared angrily at Faolán before giving him a hard slap across his cheek.
"I will NOT back down! Not from this! Not from anything. And you will help me! All I have to do is get over there!" And she pointed to the middle of the lake, on the strip of land where all of the other pretty noblewomen now stood. "You! Find me a way! Or I'll.. I'll.. I'll scream!" And by Ansgar's name she would do it!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Ow! Ow! M'lady, no, no, please!" Faolán yelped, throwing his hands up to block any follow-up blows. Her and her bloody hitting! He bet Aella didn't flip out and smack people. "Don't scream! Please don't do that. Okay? We'll, uh...we'll find a way. I'll find a way. A way to get you..." And then he traced her gaze to the middle of the lake and grimaced.

"...There. All the way over there?"

God, he hated his life right now.

Rubbing his stinging cheek, he looked over at her and couldn't help saying the first thing that came to mind.

"I guess we could swim?"

visualspice

At such a remark, Valia glared at him and crossed her arms over her chest, which helped to amplify them immensely.
"I am not swimming!"

Rhindeer

"But you're already wet..." Faolán said, and couldn't help but glance at her chest before jerking his eyes back up. Whoops. "Besides, how else are we supposed to get there?"

visualspice

Valia's eyes narrowed dangerously.
"Find a boat, or some way to get me over. But I refuse to swim!"
Also, the sad fact, she did not know how to swim that well....
Either way! She had this man at her disposal and she was NOT going to let him off easy on this one! If there was a way to fix this, he had better do it and do it NOW.

Rhindeer

"A boat?" Faolán looked around, chewing the inside of his cheek. He hoped she didn't mean him to steal a boat, for he certainly didn't have the money to pay for one! And he was certain that stealing, even at the order of nobility, was still illegal.

"Ah...as you wish, m'lady. Wait right here, please!"

Hopefully she wouldn't wander off.

With that said, Faolán turned and jogged up-shore. There had to be a boat around here somewhere, because people had to cross to that island somehow. A fishing boat, maybe? Did the lake have much fish? He didn't know, because he'd never looked. Yet, sure enough, he found a little rowboat dragged up onto the shore, a dingy thing, but it would work. The owner, however, was nowhere in sight. Faolán worried at the hem of his tunic for a moment, looking this way and that for a sign of the owner, but they were probably off to watch the ceremony.

Dammit!

He quickly returned to Valia.

"I found a boat, but I don't know where the owner is..."

visualspice

"IF the boat is left unclaimed,then it is now under the ownership of myself, and I order you to take me to it, and take me across that lake!" And she gave an impatient stomp of her pink high heeled shoe and waited for him to obey.

Rhindeer

Faolán gave Valia a pained look, but his shoulders slumped as he gave in. She was a noblewoman, after all, and an important one.  So...surely people would understand that he'd just been doing what he'd been commanded to do? It wasn't like he could disobey a noble's command, right?

Right...

"Um, alright. It's this way, m'lady."

And so he lead her to the boat and motioned her to board first, as seemed proper. Nobles always got to do things first, after all. Though as he stood there, another thought struck him.

He didn't know the first thing about rowing a boat.

But he also knew Valia would have none of that, so...guess he was going to learn on the fly?

And hopefully not capsize them.

Ansgar help him.

visualspice

Motioning was completely different than gallantly assisting the 'princess' into the boat, so she stared at him lamely a moment before those pink eyes flared with anger again.
"Aren't you going to at least offer me your hand?" she spat.

Really! The nerve!

Rhindeer

Shit!

"O-oh! Yes! Of course, m'lady!" Faolán said quickly, his face coloring in embarrassment from that mistake. He thrust out his hand for her to take, and silently cursed his life.

This entire day was a disaster. Why couldn't he have gotten picked to guard Lady Aella instead?!

visualspice

Finally, some gallantry! (or at least, some proper respect!) Accepting his hand, Valia daintily stepped into the boat-
but what she wasn't prepared for was it rocking beneath her weight as she stepped in, and with a gasp, her arms flailed forward, and soon she was in a tangle of limbs with the boy on the bottom of the boat- which rocked enough to splash water in on the pair as the lady gasped and clung to the poor boy, and boat, until her knuckles were turning white.

Rhindeer

"AH!" Faolán cried out as Valia fell into him, and before he knew it, he was on his back on the bottom of the boat, which was rocking crazily--and Valia was atop him.

Guess it was only fitting, since he'd landed atop her that time...

"Ow...Valia..." Faolán wheezed, the back of his head throbbing where he'd smacked it on the boat and his ribs aching where she'd dug her elbow into him. He coughed up water that had splashed in his face and squirmed beneath her, but it was hard to right himself with the boat rocking, and in adjusting his legs, he wound up accidentally pitching Valia forward onto his chest. Groaning again, he flailed and grabbed at her--

And wound up grabbing a handful of her bottom.

visualspice

Valia let out a squeaked yelp when she felt his hands upon her rear, and her cheeks flared pink as her eyes as instincts kicked in as she slapped him, hard, across the cheek. Perhaps if soldier were any other soldier she might have enjoyed being frisked, but... but...
It was the principle of the thing that she loathe this man.
Loath him!!!!
So she did, and did so with her eyes.

Rhindeer

"OW! Would you please stop hitting me?!" Faolán yelped, and instinctively grabbed her wrists to pin them above her head--which didn't look much better, considering their current position. He glared down at her, meeting her seething loathing with loathing of his own, because he'd about had enough of her and her hitting and AWFULNESS!

"Enough is bloody enough!"

visualspice

She glared at him and thrust her chin and breasts out defiantly.
"Unhand me! Or I'll see you hanged!"

Rhindeer

Faolán sucked in a breath and let Valia go with lightning speed. Jerking away from her, he backed up until he was sitting at the opposite end of the tiny boat.

"Sorry! Sorry!" he said, holding up his hands. "You...you can hang folks for that?"

visualspice

Valia's cheeks were pink by the time she was released, and she glared over at the boy as she went about, fixing her dress and hair. She looked him over. If only she hadn't decided to hate this boy, she might have wanted to indulge in being frisked. But as it stood, she was a stubborn one, and was NOT about to let him touch her!

At his questioning of her authority, she glared at him.
"Of course I can!" she snapped. "My father is the Duke of Highheart! He might even torture you before a hanging!"