Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lighting of the Lake

Started by visualspice, November 28, 2012, 11:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"OF COURSE WE NEEDED IT!" Faolán said, throwing up his now empty hands. "But someone kept yelling at me when I was trying to concentrate and get us out of the mess and now look what happened!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Valia couldn't believe this.
"Are you really trying to blame this one me!?" she shrieked.
"Just FIX it and fix it NOW!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Well I'M not the one that stomped a hole in the boat!" Faolán said in exasperation, and it was in that blessed, blessed moment that he caught sight of another small boat out on the water.

Whirling in that direction, he started waving his arms frantically. "HEY! OVER HERE! HELP!"

Ah yes. He was such a manly hero.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Valia whirled around to see the other boat- and the other boat looked at them-
But even as Faolán went on flailing his arms about- the other boat seemed to simply ignore them as they continued to paddle in their own direction.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"NO! WAIT! COME BACK!" Faolán yelled, and waved his arms more frantically, jumping up and down--

Which was the last thing he should have done, because the boat rocked, tipped, and pitched them both into the water as it capsized.

visualspice

And down into the waters she went with a dark splash. It was enough to steal her breath away, and coupled with the confining dress, Valia could do little else but to begin to drown as her arms moved frantically and her feet twisted uselessly, for her pink heeled shoe was still lodged in the over turned boat, preventing her from getting out of the water and away from inhaling more of it into her lungs.

Rhindeer

When Faolán popped back up, he found himself in the air pocket created by the capsized boat above his head. Panicking, he flailed to stay above the surface and grabbed at the sides to stay afloat, finding purchase in the rickety floor boards that he wedged his fingers between as his choking breaths and gasps echoed hollowly in the water chamber.

And it was right then, as he held himself above the water, that he realized Valia was gone.

At least, until he saw she wasn't gone--she was still there, her foot wedged right near his head!

She was trapped upside down and drowning.

"Oh no...no, no, no!"

As much as he might despise the wretched girl, he couldn't just let her drown. And not just because the duchess would have his head. Moving fast, he grabbed at her shoe and wrenched at her foot, and quickly found the heel wedged in too far to pull out--at least not while he was fighting to stay afloat. And so he grabbed instead at her leg and struggled to pry her foot free of her shoe--and just about cried with relief when her foot popped free--

And kicked him in the face.

For a second he saw stars and tasted copper--and water when he dunked beneath the surface--but he reached down frantically and grabbed onto anything of Valia's he could as he scrambled to get hold of the boat again.

And then his flailing hand caught her fingers, and pulled.

visualspice

Though it wasn't his fingers he inevitably grabbed, but her toes! And soon her silky smooth leg was pulled into his grasp, her dress, not plastered heavily to her body as her breasts, nearly bursting from the thing, heaved as she gasped and sputtered for breath, clinging to him and anything she could as she continued to cough and cough, long blonde hair suctioning around her face and temporarily blinding her.

Rhindeer

OH DEAR! THAT WAS HER LEG!

And despite the dire situation and the very real threat of drowning, Faolán blushed quite furiously when he realized he'd been inadvertently feeling up her leg! Her very, very soft, womanly leg, oh God! He was so going to hell for this if she didn't order him hanged, that was sooo inappropriate! But maybe he'd be forgiven because this was life or death!

And while his mind was still reeling, soon Valia was clinging to him as surely as her dress suctioned to her form, her breasts pressed against him, but he forced the panic away and wrapped an arm around her to keep hold even as he gripped the boat with his free hand.

"Hang on, okay?" he shouted over the sounds of her coughs, his voice echoing in their little chamber. "We gotta get out from under here, so just...hang on and don't drown me, alright? We gotta go under..."

visualspice

Valia barely had begun to get her wits about herself, but at his suggestion to go under, her lips curled incredulously.
"What!? You want us to go back under the water? Are you crazy!?"

Rhindeer

Faolán opened his mouth to snap at her, but got a mouthful of water instead that set him to sputtering and choking. When he could speak again, hoarsely, he glowered at her. Which, he realized, she probably couldn't actually see in the dark.

"Okay, so if you don't wanna go under, what else do ya suggest, huh?!"

visualspice

Valia paled and her breath caught in her throat. She was too panicked for this! Too panicked for ALL of this!

"I don't know but do something!" she wailed. "I can't die here!"

She was too young and beautiful to die! And she had yet to get laid!

Rhindeer

With a frustrated sound, Faolán took a deep breath and let it out slowly, reaching for patience. "You're not gonna die! Unless we stay here and run outta air!" he said, but had a feeling there would be no calming her.

He had to take control here! Be decisive! Be a soldier and act!

And so he gripped her tightly, guiding her arms to wrap around his neck and praying she wouldn't strangle him. "Speaking of air...hold your breath!"

He sucked in a breath, hoping he'd given her enough warning, and abruptly ducked down beneath the surface, bringing Valia with him.

visualspice

Valia was scared stiff and gave a yelp when her arms were guided around his neck. She gripped onto him tightly, pressing in close so that their bodies were snug and she, nearly popping out of her dress. But when he proposed they go under the water and for her to hold her breath, she blinked.
"What!?" she asked, voice shrill. "YOu can't be serious. Oh Gods-"
Splash. She soon found herself submerged into the yucky lake waters again, but at least she was smart enough to hold her breath- and being underwater made her cling to boy even harder.

Rhindeer

With Valia clinging to him, Faolán freed up his hands and felt along the edge of the boat. He pushed them down a little deeper, but then gripped the edge tightly and pulled back up.

They were only beneath the water a few seconds before their heads broke the surface on the other side, Faolán panting and coughing up water that had gotten up his nose and scrabbling at the slicker surface of the boat's belly for purchase. "Shit!" he gasped, trying to get a handhold, but his fingers kept slipping, making them bob and splash in the waters.

visualspice

When Valia resurfaced and gasped and sputtered, she had a better time gripping onto something solid since she more or less clung to him like an octopus and wailed, "I'm drowning! I'm drowning! Gods, I'm too young and pretty to die!"

Rhindeer

"Stop clinging!" Faolán gasped and choked when her clinging started to strangle him. He went under the water, taking her with him, bubbles bursting from the surface as he struggled to rise up again, but her dress was so big and poofy and waterlogged that it was dragging them both down and tangling about his legs.

And for a moment there he thought that maybe she was right and that they were both done for, that this was how he could go, drowned by a big, stupid dress and a stupid, bratty girl and that it really, really wasn't fair at all--!

But then he suddenly felt a hand grabbing the back of his shirt, and then he was lifted, along with Valia, and hauled over the side of a...boat?

An older man glowered at them. "What the hell are ya two kids doin'?"

visualspice

Stumbling into a soggy heap on the boat's floor, Valia was in hysterics as she sobbed and wailed.
"We were going to drown! We were going to die!"

Rhindeer

Faolán coughed up a mouthful of water and gave the man a bleary-eyed look--then scowled at Valia.

"Because of her damned poofy dress," he grumbled as he pushed himself up onto his hands and knees, and finally flopped back onto his rear. But it was his job to be her escort and keep her safe, blah blah blah, and...well...it was a pretty sad sight to see her like that, bawling and genuinely afraid, and he'd been pretty damned terrified in that moment, too, when they'd gone under with no way to get back up.

Despite what he felt about her, his bleeding heart shed another drop, and with a sigh, he scooted closer to her and put an arm around her shoulders.

"There, there..."

The fisherman still eyed them both in puzzlement. "O...kay...so y'all want a ride to shore now or what?"

visualspice

In too much shock to shrug off Faolán's attempt at comforting her, she only nodded while shivering as the man asked about returning to shore.

"Yes! Yes of course!" came a scared, shrilled attempt at an order from the girl. And as the man shook his head and got to paddling, Valia hadn't realized she was shivering and huddling close to Faolán for warmth.