Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lighting of the Lake

Started by visualspice, November 28, 2012, 11:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"...Weird kids," the man grumbled with a shake of his head, raising an eyebrow at the sight of Valia's overly ornate dress--now soggy and ruined--and started to row them to shore. "Ya oughta be more careful. Dress like that, why, I know a lady once drowned 'cause her dress took her down. Ain't no game, you kids shouldn't be goofin' off 'round the water if ya can't swim."

His lecture went on, but Faolán zoned it out. Though it was true--Valia's dress had been a hazard! And right then, with her looking all half-drowned and pathetic and terrified, it was easy to forget this was the girl that had tried to beat the literal shit out of him.

So he let her cuddle close, deciding this was what future knights did. No one ever said the damsels they rescued had to be kind.

"There's gotta be some bonfires going," he said at last, still ignoring the old man's lecture. "We'll find one and get warmed up, okay? Get something hot to drink. That sound good?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Valia shivered and kept close to the boy.
"Just.. just row quickly! Anything is better than being out here!" she barked, trying to keep back her tears.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

For the more experienced boatman, it only took a minute to get from one side of the lake to the other, and Faolán noted with a scowl how easy he made it look. He could have sworn he'd been doing the exact same motions! Bah.

But soon enough, despite the old man's grousing, they made it to the other side and he grunted that they should get off, and grumbled something about "Bart's not gonna be happy about his boat". Faolán ignored it; he might have felt more guilty and sympathetic if he wasn't freezing his ass off! But right then he was on a mission to get Valia to Ansgar-be-damned dry land, get her warm, and not get hanged for screwing this up so epically!

Shivering and teeth chattering, he hopped out of the boat and held his hands out to Valia. "C'mon. We're safe now!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Accepting his hand, she got off of the boat as quickly as she could, but one heeled foot got caught on the lip of the boat, and with a squeak, she fell into the boy's arms.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

If there was one thing Faolán had learned, it was that girls were damned heavy. Valia toppled into his arms, and Faolán let out a yowl of surprise as he grabbed at her--and sent them both toppling over onto the  muddy riverbank.

visualspice

Now was she not only wet and cold, pert nipples poking out beneath the fabric of her dress where it clung heavily to her form, but she was now half covered in disgusting, goopy mud, too! With a wail of horror, the young lady proceeded to clobber and shake the poor boy.

"What are you an imbecile!? My clothes and hair! By Ansgar's name!" she sobbed. "It's more ruined than what you did to it before!"

Rhindeer

"Ow! Hey!" Faolán yelped as he once more found himself in a familiar position--pinned beneath Valia as she whaled on him. Only now she was even heavier, that sopping, ridiculous dress of hers adding at least fifty pounds, he was sure!

"Hey, stoppit! Ow!" He grabbed her wrists after several failed attempts, what with mud in his eyes and her fists flying, and strained to keep them still. Be the bigger person, that's what his ma always said! But he really wanted to just grab her hair and smack her to see how she liked it. He'd just saved her!

"Your hair and dress, boo hoo! We almost DIED! And I saved ya! Remember that part?! You could say thank you or something!"

visualspice

"True heroes don't act so disasterous!" she wailed. "Especially to their betters!"

Rhindeer

"Their BETTERS?! I never imagined my betters wrestled boys in the mud!" Faolán shot back childishly as he gave a sharp twist of his hips and flipped them both over, so Valia was beneath him.

visualspice

Valia let out a yelp, heaving near breathless beneath him. Her face was flush.
"What are you doing!?" she wailed and began to wriggle. "GET OFF OF ME OR I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD!"

Rhindeer

"Maybe losing my head would be better than puttin' up with you!" Faolán snapped back, so utterly DONE at this point that her threat hardly fazed him. Let her threaten and scream! He was so DONE! So done with her childish, bratty behavior!

"Now stop hitting me and stop screaming and carrying on! I'll let you go when you promise not to hit me, okay?! Goddamn, I'm on your side here!"

visualspice

"What?" came her shrill reply. "I'm not making you any promises! And I will have your head for such insolence you... you... you rat!"

Rhindeer

"I SAVED your ass! And you've been nothing but mean to me when I did nothing to you!" Faolán shouted back, realizing how childish that sounded but unable to take it back now. But really, the unfairness of it all was unbelievable!

"You want I should just toss you back in the lake?!"

visualspice

Valia was taken back.
"You wouldn't dare!" And her eyes narrowed on him murderously.

Rhindeer

Faolán glared right on back, riding high on adrenaline--which was making him bold and reckless.

"You sure ya wanna make that dare?" he snapped back.

visualspice

She couldn't believe him! And some of the color lost her face as her jaw dropped open real wide before she bucked up, and closed her eyes real tight-
And screamed.

Rhindeer

OH GOD NO!

Faolán's eyes went wide and he clapped a hand over her mouth, forgetting in the heat of the moment that this was not just any bratty girl, but an important bratty girl!

"Ansgar's balls! What's wrong with you?! Stop! I'll let you up if ya stop screamin' but ya gotta calm down and promise you'll stop and listen!"

visualspice

"What!?" Valia squeaked. "How dare you threaten me you little heathen! I'll have you hung! I'll gave you skinned alive and your head on a pike and all of your family shamed!" she wailed. "GET OFF! GET OFF! GET OFF!!!!"

Rhindeer

It was hopeless with this madwoman!

And though Faolán was spitting mad, the instant she brought his family into it--oh, that cut him to the core. He instantly sobered, his face paling. He didn't want them to get hurt because of him.

Scrambling off of her, he brushed uselessly at her ruined dress. "Alright, alright! Calm down! I wasn't threatenin' ya!"