Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Little Bits and Pieces (M)

Started by visualspice, November 29, 2012, 12:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

A trip to the market and a couple bowls of noodles later, they on side by side on a more secluded section of the docks watching the festival. The puppy had curled up happily in Eve's lap . Zav looked up at the sky which was gradually darkening , bleeding from a brillaint orange to pink and purple.

"Ya ever seen fireworks before?" He asked her through a mouthful of rice, " They're beautiful but uh...loud. " He pointed up at the sky, "Look right about there and you'll see some here soon. "

visualspice

Their little quaint space together was cozy. Eve felt much comfortable here than she had been in quite a long time. IN fact, one could even say the girl looked happy as she enjoyed her food and quiet conversation with her friend. And with a warm puppy on her lap, she moved to pet him as he drifted off to sleep.  At the mention of fire works, however, she turned to Zavimaat and tilted her head.

"I.. I don't think so." ANd turning towards the sky, which was already darkening and had a few, twinkling stars begin to emerge, she saw something shoot up from the ground.
"Is that it?"

BOOM

Eve jumped clean out of her skin, leaping into Zavimaat's lap and cowering against him as the pair light up in red the moment a blood-colored firework exploded int he sky.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

It was her reaction that startled him. He had anticipated that she'd be scared. Shit. He'd probably nearly pissed himself the first time he'd heard them when he was a kid, but he hadn't expected to find the girl so suddenly in his lap and clinging to him for dear life. He tried not to laugh, but a chuckle did manage to escape him. "I told ya they're loud." He shook his head, "Sorry. I didn't think about it before , but it might be better for ya if ya cover your ears. " He placed his hands over his ears, "Like this. It muffles the noise a bit and doesn't make it quite so...uh...ear-shattering."

The jealous puppy barked and at them, demanding that Eve leave the terrible stinky man and come back to him. He wanted a nice warm lap to nap in, dammit !

Zav uncovered his ears and shrugged, "But there's nothin' to be scared of. They ain't gonna get ya. But if it makes ya feel better, I could keep ya close." He was tempted to put his arms around her , but knowing how fragile her personality was...he forced himself to behave. "But anyway, don't take yer eyes off the sky or you'll miss quite a show. "

Another rocket shot up into the air , exploding into a brilliant , sparkling shower of gold and green. A second rocket exploded a split second after, lighting up the night with its purple and white brilliance.

visualspice

Obeying, Eve kept her hands cupped over her ears, eyes to the heavens. THough with each burst of light and color, no matter how pretty they were, she flinched back and remained nestled as close to Zavimaat as she could get.

They were pretty- but they were also terrifying.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Aha! Took half the evening , but  I found ya!"

A startled Zav looked over his shoulder to see his cousin headed their way. Kei took a seat next to them and shot her older cousin a cheeky smirk, " You two look comfortable. Better not let Mei see you or she'll get jealous. "

Zav blushed furiously and his mouth fell open, his words of protest failing him. "I...don't... er...it's not- don't tell her."

Kei rolled her eyes and nudged him in the side with her elbow, "I won't, but you should. "

"It's nothing. We're just- "

Kei studied them, " Whatever. Sooner or later you'll realize how silly you sound right now. " She smiled kindly at Eve, " So, Eve, how did you like the fireworks?  "

visualspice

Eve had her hands cupped over her ears so she hand't heard Kei. Blinking, she looked at the girl, then realized she had asked her something as she lowered her arms.
"Yes?"
But then another loud BOOM and a crackling firework exploded over head had Eve jumped out of his skin and clinging onto Zavimaat very closely. The fear and awe were evident, but so was the trust she had in the man who's arm she now held.
The pup only watched them before giving another little bark!

Paradox

Zav blushed furiously and his cousin giggled."Aw. Poor girl. I remember when you used to do the same thing, Arashi. Don't you remember? When you were about thirteen and you used to think that sky exploded and was going to fall on your head?"

Zavimaat shook his head and flushed a darker shade of scarlet, "I wasn't that old! "

"Oh, I remember that." Aunt Saki commented as she moved to join the trio. "He also used to sleep with a little stuffed panda that I made myself. So cute. He has matching pajamas. I still have them, you know. They might even fit you, Eve."

Zavimaat sighed, "Ugh. You guys, me and Eve were kinda trying to enjoy the fireworks alone here." And that really wasn't the only thing he was enjoying.

visualspice

Eve was still clinging to Zavimaat, and the fact his family was trying to tease him was way over her head. She cringed a little and just kept close, trying to listen to what his Aunt was saying- while also jumping from time to time each moment a firework burst in the sky. She eventually rested one ear to his chest and used her other hand to keept he sound out, while her last remaining arm held onto Zavimaat- hug like in fashion as she remained on his lap, pressing close.

Paradox

For the remainder of the show, Zav found that he couldn't concentrate on the fireworks or the two women talking in the background. Not even the puppy barking at him and tugging on his sleeve could break his attentions from the girl whom sat in his lap and clung to him so tightly.

And as it ended his aunt and cousin were standing up to leave. They were speaking to him or Eve and he wasn't hearing them.

"Let's just let them be. Don't stay out too late, Arashi." His aunt reminded him before she and Kei wandered off to enjoy the other activities of the festival .

He knew it was just the the physical contact that made him blush with nervousness and that his body responded to the contact in a manner that his mind kept telling him wasn't appropriate. But the body was not a being of logic and he couldn't control those sensations. He wanted to push Eve away. These feelings made him feel rotten but also made him hunger. And the beast inside of him stirred, fed off the emotions and goaded him to act on them. To take advantage of her and claim her. Why not? His body lusted and she wouldn't deny him.

Get out! I'm not listening to you! Zav covered his face with a hand.

The smell of her hair, the warmth of her touch, the softeness of her skin and the imagined taste of those lips...all those things were such maddening temptations that the demon kept reminding him of.

"Please, get out of my head...I don't want to do that." Zavimaat

Oh , but the demon knew that to be a lie and it kept tormenting him with such lascivious images until. Zavimaat wrapped his arms around Eve and hugged her tightly. Few things had ever scared him and it was strange but disturbing that the one thing he was terrified of the most...

was himself.

visualspice

Eve heard the words and turned to him. Zavimaat looked... different in that moment as she peered up at him tentatively. Were she not so afraid the fireworks loud noise would return, she would have left his lap.

"Do.. do you wish for me to go?" she asked, frowning meekly beneath his gaze, though it was hard for her to keep her gaze locked to his. She felt ashamed for upsetting him- for clearly that's what she believed.

Paradox

"Huh? " Zav looked down at her, "Er...uh...no- no way!  I-was just talkin' to myself." He explained lamely and then shook his head, shrugging, "I dunno. I've been feeling kinda weird since those weirdos tried to cut ya up."

visualspice

Eve stared at him with concern filling her large, green eyes.
"Are you ill? We do not have to stay here if you don't feel well." ANd she well.. perhaps even she had enough of these fireworks. The popping of each new one still made her flinch and jump a little, despite knowing, or witnessing the things seemed harmless.

Paradox

"I....don't know." Zav admitted with a lazy shrug, "if I'm sick then this ain't like no illness I got before, but if it's somethin' else, I dunno what to call it." Had he already told her before about the voices or the nightmares? He couldn't recall , but he didn't think he had because more than half of what he'd thought he'd seen was even more terrifying than what they'd already been through and sometimes they felt even more real to him than the things that had come to pass.

He watched her flinch at the sound of fireworks and smirked, "Heh. Still not a fan , huh? "

visualspice

Another pop made Eve flinch.

"The noise.." she spoke softly. "It's hard to get used to."

Paradox

Zav stared at her for a few moments blinking a couple times before shaking his head and chuckling. "Yeah. It takes some gettin' used to. Lotta things do."  He offered her a small, knowing smile and the shrugged , " Eh. To tell ya the truth, I ain't too fond of loud noises, but it's quite a sight , huh? Nothin' to worry 'bout though. It might sound kinda scary, but nothin' is gonna get ya while I'm around. But uh...we don't gotta stay if ya don't wanna. "   

visualspice

It was here Eve clung to his arm, practically hugging onto it as she gave a nod.
"Yes... perhaps we should. I'm tired. The day has been long."

Paradox

Zav gave her a funny look , "Why didn't ya say so before? " He sighed and shook his head. Well, of course he knew the answer to that question the moment it left his mouth. He shrugged and rose to his feet, helping her to stand as well as she did so since she was clinging to his arm so tightly anyhow. "I keep tellin' ya if ya got somehin' on yer mind, just say it. World ain't gonna explode into a ball of flames if ya do." He offered her a smile, "Well, ya know. Ya can always just at least tell me."

But she was making progress, he considered. She used to not say much of anything at all and even when she did, she always phrased things as if she weren't even sure about how she felt.

With another shake of his head and a chuckle he started walking home, " So, you are okay with stayin' with my aunt? I mean...if ya wanna go get a room at an inn or somethin' cause yer feelin' awkward...that's alright. " Though he didn't exactly have the funds to blow so needlessly. He'd have to work to make that up. Not that he minded this. He wanted his new friend to be comfortable. "I know it's a lot to take in..." He paused and considered it , looking down over his shoulder briefly at the puppy that followed behind her and wagging his little tail enthusiastically. "Well, no...I guess I don't know. But er...I hope I ain't makin' things too weird for ya. S'just I ain't used to doin' stuff like this and I dunno where to begin sometimes or how to...help. " He frowned slightly and scratched behind his ear. "Just thought maybe it'd be nice to come here for a bit. I uh...did it more for you than fer me, to be honest. Well, and for my family cause they'd wanna know I'm still breathin' at least..." He trailed off awkwardly.

visualspice

At such a suggestion, Eve clung onto his arm, keeping close. The idea of being somewhere else, terrified her to no end. And it was more than evident in the look in her eyes and mannerism. She bit into her lower lip, kept close, and didn't say anything at first.

"N-no.... it's all fine," she said meakly, before finding herself misstepping as they walked along as she let out a gasp, clinging to him even closer in order not to fall. She wasn't used to these sorts of dresses, nor shoes-

Everything was just so... different. And it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It was just something she wasn't used to. And as she remained clutching onto him, their bodies suddenly illuminated by a pink crackling of fire work light above.

Paradox

"Careful ," Zav cautioned after she stumbled and gripped at his clothing more tightly to keep herself from completely losing her balance.Once she'd found it again he paused and turned to face her direction fully, " Sorry. Didn't mean to give ya scare. I thought ya mighta felt weird bein' so close to so many people."

visualspice

Eve stared directly into his face before shamefully casting her gaze towards their feet.
"I do feel strange," she admitted softly, wringing her hands together as she spoke. "Let's just head back." And her hand found his as she held it, hoping he'd lead the way.