Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Training and Wondering (open)

Started by alex_xr, December 03, 2012, 06:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Kald moved his blade in a form  and then moved into another form. His form showing in his tight clothing.  He was small as most elves are compared to humans, but he was defined due to his years of training. He moved to another form. His green clothes made him blend in with his surroundings. He  switched forms again. He kept moving in the same patterns practicing  and practicing.

He had found the men and woman here to mostly ignore him so staying on the outskirts of civilization fitted him just fine. He didn't seem to bother anyone and thus wasn't bothered. He froze as he swore he heard something.

Ycharley

Orenda watched from the back ground, giggling softly to herself. She rarely saw elves, and rarely had the time to pay attention due to her near constant paranoia. She stood behind a tree, watching with her icy blue eyes. Her warm tan skin helped hide her in the shadows. Though she had been forced to at grown most of the time, she was still a hormone raging, giggling, coy, teenage girl.

alex_xr

He listened again and heard nothing and went back to his forms moving through them again.  His real intent was to find out if someone as nearby.  He was sure there might be someone, but than again he was paranoid at times. He loved perfecting his swordsmanship. It was his pride. It was also why he had left home and went to wondering, He wanted to prove himself as a master of the blade, and that meant he needed to practice and practice.  He listened for another noise wondering if it was just his mind.

Ycharley

Orenda shifted her weight, causing a stick to break beneath her feet. She giggled softly again and stepped behind the tree, listening carefully. She didnt know if he had heard it or not. She was kinda hoping he didn't hear her so she could continue watching. Then again she was hoping that he did, she had never met an elf before. She closed here eyes, figuring a warrior like himself would move rather silently. She tried to open her mind, see him coming with her psychic abilities, hoping they would work this time.

alex_xr

Kald quietly flowed out of his form into another form that happened to take him closer to her. He kept his form up, careful to try to not look so obvious.  He then dropped all attempts of his form and  looked around. He didn't see anyone but that didn't mean there wasn't anyone there.   He poked his head around a tree, then another and that was ehen he saw a girl.  " Hello?"

Kald figured she was mostly harmless, " are you ok?"  He kept his sword low, ready if she tried anything but lowered enough  that she would not see it as a immediate threat. 

Ycharley

Orenda looked him over quickly, her eyes stopping at his sword, she had never had good experiences with swords, and at this distance they made her very uncomfortable. Her cheeks started to turn bright red, for she had checked him out before she spotted the sword. Plus she wasn't use to being this close to guys, especially a cute one. She took a deep breath, trying to gather words to make her not appear as a complete creep.

She contemplated trying to use her powers of pursausion, but decided they were too iffy and she didn't spot a place to she could touch him skin to skin, and she defiantly wasn't going to grab his hand of touch his face.

"I-I'm fine," she studdered, her eyes glued on the sword the entire time.

alex_xr

Kald looked at the girl and smiled, It as sort of nice being approached by someone finally. He put his sword away, convinced she was not here to hurt him, as she had ample time. He didn't know why she might of been watching but perhaps she was interested in swordsmanship. His lower arms bare due to his short sleeves. "I am Kald, "He stuck out his hand, as he believed that was the form of greeting most humans used.   " I don't often run across anyone out here, Sorry for coming at you with a sword.  "   He hoped she would warm up now that the sword was put away.

Ycharley

Orenda hesitated, if she didn't shake his hand he might get suspicious, if she did she might prove she was magic. She didn't know what his feelings on magic were, which made the decision harder then it should be. Slowly though, she reach out her hand, her cool palm touch his, but only for a split second.

As her skin touched his she was knocked back, it almost appeared as if someone had hit her, she stumbled back then fell. She set on the ground propped up on her elbows, blinking slowly as if she had been stunned. She always hated visions. Her mind was clouded and slow, taking a moment for everything to start to register.

Orenda looked up at him, her face dark crimson, she wondered what he thought just happened, hoping she could play it off as she fainted.

alex_xr

Kald was at a loss as to what just happened.  Was she ok?  What had caused it? He quickly yet fluidly moved towards her and offered her his hand to help her up. " What happened? are you ok?  I have never seen that happen. "  He hoped all was fine.  Perhaps she had feinted.. or maybe something else was going on. He made a quick look around to see if perhaps someone had indirectly caused the incident. 

Kald just didn't know what to think.  He looked her over trying to see if anything had hit her.

Ycharley

She took his hand, her mind still foggy, and her body still woozy. She leaned against him slightly after she stood, not meaning to not realizing it, but her head was still spinning. She felt a slight stink on her elbow, she was sure she had scraped it, and felt a warm wet livid start flowing from her nose.

"I-I'm f-fine," she stuttered, turning so he wouldn't see the bloody nose. She was contemplating telling him the truth, but he was a complete stranger, so she decided against it. She pinched the bridge of her nose, hoping it would stop quickly, this was all she needed.

This was why she never went around boys, she always either looked completely stupid or like a helpless damsel in distress. The cuter they were the worse it was, her sister who was only a year yonger was already married as she could still hear her mothers words degrading her.

alex_xr

Kald was glad to be there to help her stand and didn't mind at all as she braced her self against him.  He had never really been this close to a non elven girl. She was interesting and seemed intent on not worrying him as he noticed her nose.  He pulled out an handkerchief and handed it to her. " Here for your nose."  He smiled at her and  then thought to his stuff. " Here lets go sit down and I can share some food and drink with you. It is not much just some berries  and such that I found around here and some water of course. "

Kald hoped she was alright, She seemed nice and he felt bad that she had fallen down.  " Do you know what caused you to fall down? did something hit you?"

Ycharley

Orenda looked down as she took the handkerchief, placing it to her nose. Hoping the bleeding would soon stop.
She looked up at his, her eyes darting from his face slightly as she lied, "I just feigned I think, I-I don't know why," she spoke softly, despritely hoping he believed her.
She sighed, pulling the handkerchief away, glad to see that the bleeding had stopped.

alex_xr

Kald laughed " No need to Feign, I won't hurt you, hmm What was your name?" He grabbed a leaf and placed some berries and such in it and handed it to her. " Here have some, I have plenty, and it is not often someone actually stops  by and says hello. I find most of your kind stay away from me. I hope I don't offend them. "

Kald smiled  and took some  berries into his left hand and then used his left hand to grab a couple and placed them into his mouth. He loved what amazing things you could find to eat in an area.   
" So what brings you out here? Surly not just to watch me train" he looked up at the sky and the trees noting how nice of a day it was. 

Ycharley

"You're in Connloath, and an elf," Orenda started softly, nearly in a whisper. "And where elves are natural mages, and with the anti magic law, most find it safer to just not go around you, in fear of pumishment if you turn out to be a magic user," she continued, looking around, relieved that no one else was around.

She causiously put a berry in her mouth, plesantly surprised at its sweet flavor. She smiled softly, looking down at her hand.
"I was out for a walk in the woods, I was heading back to where I am staying when I saw you, and decided to stop and admire," she spoke, in disbelief at herself when the last part spilled out of her mouth.

alex_xr

Kald didn't care much either way about magic, It wasn't his thing. But he forgot that Connloath was anti magic and most of his kind had some sort of magic. " That makes sense, I didn't think about that.  But I don't know any magic, just how to use my sword.'' He was glad she liked the berry. 

He wasn't use to being admired, Humans always seemed to look at his kind in awe, and it always was interesting for him to learn about humans. " Well I could let you try your hand at some forms, Then you wouldn't just have to watch, and you could learn how to protect your self a bit better. " He smiled again wondering what she did with her time.

Ycharley

"Women here have to know basic fighting, this is really a very war centered place, it has to considering magic is out lawed," she spoke softly, though she could fight, she honestly didn't like it, and would probably only do it if her life depended on it.

"I will decline on practicing my swordsmanship though, I honestly dislike fighting, my father use to make my siblings and I fight and wrestle to make us better fighters, I've grown to dislike it honestly. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, there are no winners in war, only death," she spoke softly, but looked at him with a soft almost flirtatious smile, "but if practice is what you wish to do, I will sit here and admire you."

alex_xr

"I am sorry to bring it up. I love my swordsmanship,  I suppose I live in the fight, but that is how I grew up. But it has its time like any other thing. You are wise, It does bring death but I rather be prepared to protect those I care about. That is why I practice because one day Mine and other's lives will depend on my blade.  " Kald smiled back, " I don't know wouldn't you be bored?" He ate the last bit of the berries in his hand and then took out his sword.

" I would hate to bore you with my forms but I do need to practice for a little longer  for today. "  He looked it over, It was light and strong, being elven made it was unlike most of human's swords. Another thing he noticed the differences in smithing were astounding.   

Ycharley

"Don't worry about it, and trust me, I won't be bored," She spoke, her voice getting soft as a soft pink blush filled her cheeks.
"So feel free to continue to practice," She continued to speak while looking down at the berries in her hand, which she continued to slowly eat. She was surprised at this man's kindness. She knew how he must have been treated while in Connloath, but yet he still showed kindness. She wondered why he was there in the first place, you rarely saw elves, for they were instantly marked as mages because of the magical blood that ran through there veins.

alex_xr

Kald smiled and quickly went into his forms again. Ensuring to fluidly move through them, He began to add spins and jumps into his forms.   Kald grinned as he did his more and more complicated ones.  There was no doubt he was showing off, as his elven grace and dexterity allowed him to move seamlessly.   He hoped he was putting up good enough of a show. He didn't like excluding guests. He noted how his muscles had warmed up and he seemed to quicken everything he was already doing.   

Kald was in his element, It was him and his sword.  Until he finally decided to stop. He looked at here and then smiled. His body glistened with beads of sweat.  " So what was your name again? I don't believe you said? " He put his sword away and went back over near her. 

Ycharley

Orenda watched intently, honestly impressed. She had watched her father train, but her father more of a brute force axe swinging type of guy. She clamped softly as he walked towards her.
"My name is Orenda... Orenda Ossie, what might your name be sir?" She asked, her manners showing well. Both her mother and father beat manners into her siblings as well as herself, both physically and mentally.

"You have great skill," she complemented him sweetly, with a slight smile. Her mother always told her it was better to be nice to strangers, you never knew who they were, and how they will effect your future. She looked back down to her now empty hand, she honestly missed her home, her family, being able to have a typical teen life.