Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Necromancy and Mordecai

Started by Helix, December 17, 2012, 05:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

I read the previous thread about Mordecai and still had a few questions regarding their mage/magic negation.

How does their anti-magic field work on things such as Flesh Sculpting or Entrophymancy?

Also, does Suna have stone buildings?

Thanks ahead of time! :3

visualspice

I think it depends on your character :3

But I'd wait for an admin to answer, as I even had to scratch my head on this on when I saw you asked it :3

I too, am curious as to the answer ^^

Necromancy is an interesting um.. magic so yeah XD one must wonder!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

For Thanatos to have stone, for such a small island. I wouldn't know, haha. *not an admin* but maybe mudbricks?

With flesh sculpting,  though the method is magical, the result isn't. Thus, I'd imagine that the anti-magic fields wouldn't have an affect on already changed skin/muscles. Now, with entropacy... that's all magical, so I'd say that the anti-magic shields would negate that completely.

hope that helps ^.^;

Xphy

Well a mordecai's ability isn't really an anti-magical field in the first place. It's more of an anti mage field. It doesn't affect magic directly. It creates a mental block of sorts that prevents a mage from casting. So any magical effect that isn't being sustained by someone, or is linked to an item would be completely unaffected.

Also like Winter said, while a person wouldn't be able to flesh sculpt in the presence of one the actual results of their previous work would be completely unaffected by one since it has already been set in place. The same is true for entropymancy. A necromancer wouldn't be able to use it in a mordecai's presence, but anything entropymacy related that they did prior wouldn't suddenly become undone. Also a necromancy related to an object, like some form of magical gem, would still work regardless of whether one is nearby or not.

Oh, and mordecai do not have any effect on creatures whose brains are distinctly different from humans. So a death dragon really could careless about a mordecai's powers.

As for whether or not Thanati would have stone buildings, I'm not an admin so I can't say for sure. But they probably would only reserve them for important structures like (maybe) larger temples to Inima.

Nam

Honestly, in my case, all those terms are new to me and google has failed to explain Entrophymancy for me and Flesh Sculpting. xD

But seeing as you're talking about Necromancy, I can assume that Flesh Sculpting means to recreate flesh on a deceased corpse so it may live again.

The way Mordecais work, according to what I've read, is that they each have a certain and constant field of range, that varies from Mordecai to Mordecai, in which magic isn't allowed.

Let me explain:
When you're inside a field of the Mordecai, you cannot recreate the flesh on a corpse. But if you had already done it outside of the field, then what you have created will not be undone; you will simply not be able to use any other magic while you're in that specific range. If you have brought someone back from the dead prior to finding yourself inside the field, then that person will remain alive and living.

You see, Mordecais don't negate the result of magic -but the act of it.

Adhara on the other hand, is a sub-ability of a few Mordecais that are lucky, in which they can create a field of 'anti-magic' around an enchanted object or something similar. The range, again, varies from Mordecai to Mordecai. This ability is different in the sense that it can negate the result of magic.

For example:
Remember that guy you resurrected? If he's submitted into the Adhara's field of anti-magic, he'll become nothing but bones and collapse lifelessly to the ground -assuming that was his initial state of being. If those bones leave the field of Adhara though, their flesh will return and they will live again.

This is what I've been able to grasp for all my reading. xD If I made a mistake on something, please correct me but this is my way of recapping and slowly learning the stuff myself. I hope we answered your question. ;)

P.S. I joined yesterday, so I have no idea about the stone buildings...

Rhindeer

Flesh-sculpting is unaffected by it. :3 Like someone with a flesh-sculpted body won't fall apart of anything if they encounter a Mordecai. But someone wouldn't be able to work a flesh-sculpting spell while in a Mordecai's presence. Same with entropymancy--they wouldn't be able to use their magic while around a Mordecai, but a Mordecai's presence also won't undo what's already been done. ^^

And Suna has stone buildings further inland! :3 Temples and important buildings might be built with stone, but most average homes are just built from wood.

Hopef that helps!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa