Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Birds suddenly appear (Ice)

Started by Rhakōnba, December 25, 2012, 06:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhakōnba

Rhakōnba was loping steadily down one of the many roads that guided travelers through Serendipity, claws clicking and tail swaying behind her. She was wandering with little purpose or direction, simply exploring this peculiar surface world. It was very bright and colourful here, and the 'sun' kept it lit.  What kept the sun in the sky? Did anyone know? She would have to find out.

And there were 'birds', too! Such quick, light little things that swam through the air. There was nothing like that in Bzulft, only digging things and various big hefty scaly things. How delicate they must be to be able to lift themselves into the air! Rhakōn liked them a lot. They were very pretty, and made such pleasant sounds. Were they friendly, she wondered?

The Lornün stepped off to the side of the road, seating herself on the low wall there. She stretched and yawned-- Rhakōn had covered a lot of ground today.

Ice

It was the being of a rather quiet day as a lone female flew through the air looking at the few birds that were there as she passed threw. She looked around with her blue eyes watching to see who else was out today. See the young bird did like to have company sometimes. After all being a fortuneteller is often a lonely job. It seemed that everyone wanted to say that she was not telling the truth about her predictions then those same creatures came back after they found that she was right.

The eagle now smiled as she looked down and saw a very strange looking creature sitting on the side of the road. The bird had to kind of wonder what her race was actually. She then wondered rather she was friendly. She smiled moving her pouch as she got ready to land and find out.

She made a circle then started to slowly drift down until she was about three feet from the ground. She then glided over close to the other traveler. She then landed in front of her and gave a small bow. She was going to let the other speak first since talking birds frightened some.

Rhakōnba

Rhakōn was watching the birds in the sky when the eagle approached. She cocked her head curiously, a smile lighting on her face-- what sort of bird was that? It was a very pretty bird, at any rate! Rhakōn's tail swished with pleasure as the creature swooped and landed before her; oh, what a polite little bow! Such a bold bird, Rhakōnba had only ever seen birds be timid and shy.

The Lornün watched the bird for a moment, wondering what it wanted. Was it begging for food? Was it simply curious? It certainly didn't seem angry, but Rhakōn wouldn't have been overly worried if it had. The eagle may have had very sharp talons, but they'd need to be made of sterner stuff than keratin to break her skin. She leaned forward, elbows on her knees and chin propped up on her hands.

"Hello there!" She greeted the eagle pleasantly. "What kinda birdy are you, ey?" Her habit of talking to animals was usually fairly harmless, but this uncommonly intelligent eagle may take offense at her tone-- it was one reserved for small children and cute things, after all. But Rhakōnba unfortunately had no way of telling that she wasn't speaking to an ordinary bird.

Ice

Ventra smiled slightly as she watched the other before her. She could see that she seemed to be very interested in her. This only encouraged the eagle to want to talk to this one. However she was still wary to do this because she was afraid that she would frighten the other. She moved her pouch around to where it slid off of her wing and sat the bag beside her. She then looked back at the other with her sapphire blue eyes.

The eagle then saw the other moving her tail. That must have been a sign that she was happy to have her company. She made a small sound that was kind of high pitched as she saw the other lean forward to look at her. She then cocked her head as she heard the other talking to her. She hesitated thinking that she could not be rude and not say anything. Maybe talking to her would not be that bad.

" Ello my lady . I be an eagle . A golden eagle at that." she said with a thick accent. She was not really offended by the others tone. After all she could have been downright rude to her. That would have ticked the eagle off . She now looked up at the other with a smile and said. " my name is Ventra . What's yours?" she was actually very happy to have someone to talk to right now.

Rhakōnba

Rhakōnba blinked with surprise, straightening a little. The bird could talk! Could all birds talk? Was it really a shapeshifter? Or a special sort of bird? Rhakōn had no idea, unfamiliar as she was with birds, but this 'Ventra' seemed friendly enough. Rhakōn shook off her look of surprise and smiled again, the end of her tail thumping against the ground in what her people considered a friendly gesture.

"Hello, Ventra! I am Rhakōnba, but you may shorten that to whatever you like if you so wish. Can all birds talk, or are you special?" She asked with her head tilted. Perhaps all birds could talk but were simply shy! Or maybe this one was magical. Oh dear, maybe Rhakōn scared the little shy birds and they didn't want to talk to her? That thought made her sad.

She shook off that sadness quickly enough; this 'golden eagle' wasn't scared of her, so that was alright! Perhaps she and the bird could be friends. Rhakōnba didn't have many friends on this strange surface world, but this Ventra could always be the first.

Ice

The eagle watched the other very carefully as she reacted to what she had said. She knew that the other would be surprised at her being able to talk. However everyone had different ways of expressing surprise. That was why she always was on guard yet friendly when meeting others. She smiled slightly when she saw the other thumping her tail in a friendly way now.

She smiled at the other now as she spoke. It would be rather hard to explain why she was blessed with such powers. Even she did not know the reason exactly. " it is very nice to meet you my lady. Well I am special in a way. I have magical gifts that allow me to talk and do other things." she said. She was a fortuneteller but was not sure rather she should tell the other that just yet.

The longer the eagle stay around this creature the more she wanted to get to know her. See this bird was a traveler but she also loved to be around others. It was just that not everyone wanted to be around something like herself.

Rhakōnba

"Ah, magic! I've never really understood magic. It does not come naturally to my people. How fortunate that you have such gifts!" Rhakōnba nodded once with a bright smile. There seemed to be magic everywhere here on the surface when there had been so little of it down below, so why wouldn't the top have magical talking birds?

The grey female reached up to adjust the ring on one of her horns for a moment. "So! Might I help you with something Ventra, or are you simply seeking company?" She asked the eagle with her head tilted. Rhakōnba would be happy to help the bird with something, and just as happy to just keep it company and talk. Rhakōn, though fearsome in appearance, was ultimately a benevolent soul and wanted to assist people.

Ice

The female eagle smiled as she heard the other telling her that she did not understand magic. There were not that many who actually understood magic. Even she did not completely understand her own magic. " magic is a very hard thing to understand my lady. Even I don't understand my own magic. All I know is that it is very useful to me." she said with a soft smile.

Ventra looked up and watched the other female as she adjusted a ring on her horn. She then turned her blue eyes to the other females as she listened to what she was now saying." well my lady I was seeking company. Being a traveler and a fortuneteller tends to be a lonely job you see." she said with a smile. She had no destination in mind right now and nothing to do. The only thing she planned to do was relax and perhaps make a new friend today.

Rhakōnba

Rhakōnba huffed through her nose, impressed-- a small amount of smoke jetted from her nostrils and drifted up and away into the air. She looked a little surprised by this, as she had only started producing smoke recently as was usual for her species at her age. She shook off her shock quickly and shot a bright grin at the eagle, tail thumping eagerly.

"A fortune teller! How extraordinary! Another gift of your magic?" She leaned forward, fascinated. Seers would crop up in Bzulft very, very rarely, and they were never short of work. Like any people the Lornün had a fascination with their own fortunes, and often young men and women would ask about their future luck in love. Rhakōnba's great-great-grandmother was a Seer, but Rhakōn had never really bothered her for insights into the future. It had seemed rude somehow.

Ice

Ventra watched the other as she blew smoke out threw her nose. To her that was a very amazing thing to see. She cocked her bird like head and gave a smile to the other. She saw that she seemed surprised that she had breathed out smoke like that. Maybe she had not done that very much or something. She the saw her grin and thump her tail once again " that's a nice talent you have there. " she said softly.

She then heard the other talk again and smiled to her. This female certainly gave her a lot of complements. That was a good thing though considering that she could have been rude. " yes being a fortuneteller is another gift of my magic. It is most of my magic really." she said with a soft smile. She then smile softly as the other leaned forward . " if you want I can show you what you future may hold" she said. She thought that since she had a potential friend with the other she might as well be nice and offer a session to the other.

Rhakōnba

Rhakōnba blinked and smiled shyly at the quiet compliment. "Oh-- thank you! It's only just coming in, but I should be spouting fire in a couple of decades. 's making my throat sore, but mum says that'll go away soon." Fire breathing was a much anticipated ability in young Lornün, much like beard growth in teenage male humans. The youths would sometimes chase each other whilst blowing great clouds of smoke, showing off like any adolescents.

"Uh, if you like. Not if it's too much trouble." Rhakōnba's ears flicked up then own again. She didn't want to impose, but if the eagle had offered then surely it was alright? "How do you-- how do you do it?" Her grandmother had apparently looked into personal timelines as easily as Rhakōnba could look through a window, but the eagle might have a different method.

Ice

The eagle smile slightly as she saw the other smile in a shy way. This female was so very nice. She remained the eagle of her mother in a strange sort of way. Though she tried not to think about her family for they had been killed a while back. " your very welcome my lady. I see well that will be a very interesting talent indeed. Could be very useful to you as well." she said with a smile.

She then smiled as she heard what the other said next. " its not no trouble at all my lady. I like to use my powers to help others ." she said with a smile. She the looked at her with a smile as she asked how her magic worked. " I read your energy and then use my magic to channel it in to my crystal ball I have. Then when you peer inside you should see images of what is to come to you" she said with a slight smile.

She then reached in to her bag with a talon and pulled out a blue crystal ball. She then sat it on the ground and looked at the other with a smile. "  may I touch your hand my lady?" she asked with a smile on her face still.