Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down [Goblin]

Started by Juno, December 27, 2012, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

With Ro'or gone Akakios quietly stepped closer to take the chair he'd left at her side. "It wouldn't be any trouble," he promised with a hungry grin, showing far too much teeth for what Lucas was comfortable with. When Amleah's head was turned he flashed a stern, warning look at the vampire but it was obviously ignored.

"I'm quite used to travel, honestly. Especially with a worthy destination, it's no bother to me. Or to Mister Renwick I'd wager."

"Mhm." Lucas rolled his eyes, finding his friend bending over backwards to assure her quite annoying on its own. He knew the game he was getting at but didn't really like it with Amleah so obviously being his target. With a sigh and a smile he waved his hand dismissively, "No trouble at all, Your Ladyship. We would be honored and delighted to remain in your gracious company."

GoblinFae

The noblewoman adjusted her position to sit back further on the couch so that she could converse with both gentlemen more comfortably. "That is a comfort to hear as I am equally delighted to have you both here." She smiled happily while taking a sip of her wine. "So tell me then what do you both think of my humble province? Be as blunt as you desire, I am always fascinated by what others think of the little place I call home."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Pleased that she was willing to stay up a while longer with them, Akakios settled back to relax more casually in the chair. "Well, I must confess, Lady Dvorak," he chuckled, "I've seen very little of the land myself. But I hear very good things, and its people are obviously a treasure." He eyed her pointedly at that before offering his friend a knowing smile. "Mister Renwick has far more experience with all of that, though, I'm sure."

"I've visited once or twice before," he admitted, his smile relaxed even in the face of his friend rudely challenging him in silence. "Each has been a greater pleasure than the last. Wonderful company, of course, and I must say your lands are far more...well, refined. There's only so much class that can come from being surrounded by sailors and fishermen," he teased.

GoblinFae

"What a shame," Amleah lamented with a pitying gaze. "You really should take the time to enjoy my land of you find yourself with the time Lord Reolaras. It's really quite lovely though my opinion may be biased of course." She chuckled softly behind her hand before turning to Lucas with great delight.

"Tell me though Mister Renwick what have you seen and where have you gone that has earned such stellar reviews from you? I know how much I love Tirial but surely it does not compare to the bustling and colourful harbours of the coast. Our lands are old and perhaps too traditional for this changing world." She was turned once more to face Lucas, her expression obviously delighted by the prospect of discussing the topic further with a knowledgeble source.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Lucas shot his friend a knowing grin, understanding that Amleah's interest seemed to be firmly hooked upon him now.

"On the contrary, I find it quite refreshing. Perhaps, with respect, you've been among them for too long, Your Ladyship. But if I may say...you seem an excellent example of your province: traditional yet forward-thinking, no?" He relaxed back in his seat a bit more, beginning to feel truly at ease with her even with their present topic of conversation. "It is good to maintain our roots, it's where culture comes from after all. But innovation and progress are equally as important. A good balance is important, if you ask me."

Akakios did his best not to outright glower at them, feeling a bit snubbed that Lucas had once again seized the conversation from him. Did he not see his interest in her? No, he must have. And he was doing it on purpose.

He softened his features as he listened, an idea formulating as he waited patiently for an opportunity to cut in again.

GoblinFae

Amleah blushed faintly, her eyes lowering in humble shyness at Lucas's praises before she was able to compose herself enough to answer without tripping over her words. This gentleman was just so kind and earnest that it was sweet and refreshing to have a simple conversation with no agendas or expectations for once.

"You are too kind, Mister Renwick. But, also correct I believe. There must always be a balance. Without it we either become bogged down by what was and the way things were or we stumble and fall in the rush to abandon and leave those things behind. Still though perhaps we'll ave to agree to disagree. Both places have their own charm and beauty that make them so lovely and unique. It is a pity they are not more accessible and closer to each other."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Lucas studied her carefully, mindful to not be too hawkish even though he was becoming increasingly curious about his new High Lady acquaintance. "Truly a pity," he agreed with a soft smile that only had Akakios glowering.

"Being so far from our home provinces I'm sure we'll be among your lovely lands at least a little while longer," the vampire piped in.

GoblinFae

"That's a relief then," she replied, turning her head but not her posture to face Akakios. "Hopefully it is enough to have a proper sampling of all that Tirial has to offer. There is so much that makes these lands what they are, so much history too for that matter. If I may ask what interests you, gentlemen? Perhaps I can help direct you to areas that would please you more than just sending you to the general attractions."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"I find good company keeps my interest more than ancient grounds or pretty temples. I've seen enough over the years, most of it is the same flavor of boring," Akakios explained cynically, moody and knowing too much of human conversation to not notice how she seemed far beyond any chance of giving him her full attention with Lucas nearby.

Lucas chuckled and offered an easy, apologetic smile to the High Lady for his friend's crassness. "I'm a simple man and quite easily entertained, Your Ladyship. If you've any local treasures or wonders you'd like to point us to I'm sure I can coax Akakios here to tag along with me for a visit. I'm certain he'd regret it if he found out about something later," he teased, winking playfully at the vampire who simply frowned and shrugged in agreement.

GoblinFae

Amleah sighed softly, her face showing dejection at Akakios's answer. "What a pity, Lord Reolaras. I would have liked to show you what my lands hold. I think you might have been surprised to see what have more than just ancient grounds and pretty temples as you've called them. We of Tirial take great pride in our culture and homeland. It is all but insult to not recognize that and experience it as a newcomer," she informed him with a slight barb that spoke of her nicked pride.

"Mister Renwick, you needn't force your companion to join you. If he wishes to be such a stick in the mud then perhaps it is best to leave him be. If it's not too simple for you though there is an old temple that I often frequent in my spare time. It has the most lovely gardens you see. It's a good place to just take in everything and be at peace with the world. But, again that's only my lowly opinion."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Her sharpness surprised Akakios, piquing his curiosity about her. Akakios hadn't thought he could have been rude with what he'd said. A bit too honest for mixed company, perhaps, but not rude to garner that sort of reaction. He made a mental note that the High Lady was far more emotional than he'd originally thought her to be.

"Forgive me," he offered with a shrug and a disappointed frown. "I meant no insult to you or your lands. I am simply nowhere near a 'newcomer' as you call me."

While Lucas felt for his friend's troubles he didn't think it was his place to get between their disagreements, especially when he intended on staying on Amleah's good side. "I would be honored to accompany you whenever you can spare the time. No need to interrupt your schedule. If nothing else I will make certain we have a chance to speak before I depart," he assured her with a warm smile. Truthfully, he wanted much more than one final meeting. He hoped to have the opportunity to spend some quality time together, getting to know her better away from the ritual of socializing in public.

Akakios raised a brow at his friend's eagerness but his mind was too clouded by his thirst to put forth the effort to comment on him. Wine had not been enough for him and if he could not convince the beauty he'd been shadowing all evening to give him what he wanted he would certainly need to find another to sate him. His eyes softened as he remained silent and stuck in his thoughts just trying to formulate a plan, though a particular intensity remained in his gaze as he watched Amleah.

GoblinFae

She eyed Akakios stiffly. She had been perhaps a bit rash and forceful with her venom but she still stood by her opinion. Those of Tirial were very proud to be so and took that pride very seriously. An insult to their lands was taken as a personal affront. She had no way of knowing of course who and what the man before her was, but calling Tirial boring to its new High Lady was not the most brilliant of moves if she had anything to say about it. Instead she nodded her headed slightly at his apology before turning back to Lucas.

"Thank you Mister Renwick. I would like that very much. Please both of you feel welcome to drop by my home. I would be honored to entertain you for a few hours as I am able." Amleah bowed her head gently with a warm, welcoming smile to each of them though her eyes lingered longer on Lucas than on Akakios.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios's lips twitched up in a small smile at her offer. He was certain it was merely out of politeness that she was welcoming him, he'd likely said far too much to harm her delicate, prideful feelings as the High Lady. She still smelled delicious, though, and it made him curious to know if he might ever get her alone for a taste.

Meanwhile Lucas's eyes lit up, relieved that she was inviting them even after Akakios's social missteps. Perhaps it would be better if the vampire didn't accompany him to her home. He was worried for what else he might say to insult her and her homeland if he could not keep him on a tight leash. It was nearly impossible for him, especially on longer trips when his hunger was difficult to discreetly satisfy.

"That would be a delight, I'm sure," Lucas agreed warmly, flashing her a smile and holding her eyes for as long as he was able before looking to Akakios apprehensively. He winced at the thought of him coming along to sour whatever good mood he might have been able to keep with the High Lady. It was clear enough to him that the vampire was not feeling his best.

"Only if you feel able to attend," he insisted gently to his friend, raising a brow pointedly to emphasize his double meaning and not wanting to alarm Amleah by being too forward about his friends needs if she had no need to know about them. Of course, he didn't realize that Akakios had already set his sights on her.

"I'd be happy to come by," the vampire said, glancing to his friend briefly but mostly ignoring him and his pointed looks to offer Amleah a smile. "Perhaps the sooner to better though, if that isn't too much trouble. For the rest of the evening, perhaps? Or would the morning be better?" He hoped she might indulge his request, though he didn't realize his impatience probably made it sound more like demands.

GoblinFae

"I'm happy to know you are both so eager," she replied delicately, practically beaming at Lucas before turning a warm smile to Akakios. "However, Lord Reolaras I'm afraid that I'm not staying in my home this evening as I am also a guest of our host and hostess. I apologize for the inconvenience that creates for you. I would be willing to allow you to escort me to my rooms this evening if that would be an acceptable alternative for you. I would hate to cause you offense or upset.

"Unfortunately though gentlemen, it is getting quite late for me and I'm afraid that I will have to excuse myself and retire." Amleah smiled at each of them, nodding her head in a small apology as she made to smooth her skirts in preparation of standing back up.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Lucas smiled at her softly, nodding in understanding and not wanting to trouble her further if she was ready to retire for the evening. "Of course. It was a pleasure meeting with you, I hope we can find some time to speak again."

He looked to his friend who seemed to be holding together much better now, even though it was entirely a front to avoid suspicion. He trusted that Amleah would be safely escorted now that the vampire knew who she was, even if he did seem quite hungry. Surely Akakios would not draw so much attention or scandal to himself by attempting to feed from Tirial's high lady. He could find some servant of the house who might be agreeable in the dark of night. At least, that was how his arrangements away from home usually went. Lucas had no reason to suspect anything else from him.

Akakios rose to offer Amleah his arm, nodding to Lucas as he slipped out the door they'd come through to find his own quarters for the night. "I would be honored to accompany you, but I'm afraid you'll need to show me the way," the vampire chuckled, trying to make light of his unfamiliarity with the house or her lodgings. Surely there was a dark corner they could slip into along the way, though. He would find some way to secure privacy with the high lady for what he wanted from her.

GoblinFae

Amleah smiled warmly at Lucas, offering him a gentle nod of her head before rising and accepting Akakios's proffered arm. "That would be delightful Mister Renwick. I hope you have a very pleasant rest of your evening," she bade him softly before she was escorted out by the other gentleman.

"I believe Lord Reolaras that I can indeed manage that," Amleah chuckled as she lead them gently down the correct halls. Her pace was sedate and leisurely for she saw no need to rush off to bed quite yet. As far as she knew Akakios was an upstanding gentleman as well and they could converse further as they walked.

"You mentioned earlier, Lord Reolaras that you are no stranger to my homeland. Do you come to Tirial often then? Or did you perhaps live here at some point in your youth? I know several noble families tend to send their youth here for the rich history our province holds. We do tend to love our stories here," she chuckled, laughing softly and politely to herself.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios easily matched her pace and allowed her to lead him through the halls, not yet feeling any sense of urgency despite the hunger that gnawed at him. He understood that such a delicate thing could not be rushed, especially if she might be unwilling to share her lifeblood with him.

"Yes, I visited often in the past, in my younger days," he explained with a subtle, knowing smile. "I didn't take the time to appreciate your culture and history at first, it took me many years, but I'm glad to know it now from my time as a student.

"It pleases me to know your people still practice the Old Language. It truly is the tongue of a bygone era, but it reminds me so much of the past and home. Good things, of course," he added genuinely, hopeful that he could gain her trust further and repair some of what he perceived as damaged between them.