Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down [Goblin]

Started by Juno, December 27, 2012, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Getting such attention from her lit Lucas up. "Of course," he answered excitedly. Akakios was more interested in the title she gave to the man beside her. He looked young enough, to him, so he seemed an odd choice for a chaperone let alone an advisor. Still, he chuckled to himself at the thought of how poor a job he thought the man had done earlier to let him dance and have what he assumed was a private moment with the light-haired woman. He was drawn back into the conversation for her praise of him, though, and he nodded to her to acknowledge it.

Thinking he had missed his big chance to introduce them, Lucas's face fell in horror as he looked between his friend and the High Lady. "You mean you've already met?!" he squeaked, immediately turning a harsh but sad face upon him. "Why didn't you tell me you'd met Lady Dvorak, Akakios?!" he demanded sadly.

Taken aback, the vampire looked between the two, confused. "Miss... Dvorak? Well, I don't know, Lucas. I did not know a name to put to such a pretty face before now," he admitted. "How was I supposed to know her?"
"That's... What?! Oh, dear friend," Lucas bemoaned pitifully before looking to the High Lady with embarrassment as he apologized. "I am very sorry, Madam, that my friend came so ill-prepared concerning this province's great news." Still confused, Akakios shot her a wondering look as he was still unaware of her status.

GoblinFae

"You need not apologize for our friend, Mister Renwick. I have taken no insult. In fact I found the change of pace in conversation to be quite refreshing. It is not often these days that I get a moment such as earlier," the blonde woman replied happily.

Ro'or on the other hand feeling more and more irritated with his sister's seemingly flirtatious behavior, leaned close to whisper in her ear and effectively interrupt her conversation. His lips pressed close to the shell of her ear and moved without making any sound for the words were sounding in her mind, expressing his growing displeasure.

Unflustered by the interaction but dutifully chastised, Amleah replied to be heard. "Thank you for the reminder, Adviser" came her somewhat formal response. A looked passed between the pair before the woman allowed a smile to once more lift her lips as she turned to face her former dance partner.

"Are you visiting from out of town, then? I thought everyone had heard the news with the way our people gossip," she laughed, hearing their hosts' echoing laughter.

'Better,' her brother's satisfied voice washed over her. 'Just take care with those assumptions.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Shocked but relieved, Lucas took her words as his cue to relax about his friend's social missteps. "Of course," he said quietly and to no one in particular. He settled back down to his food and to observe Akakios's interactions with her, chuckling at her comment about gossip. It surprised him that he had been able to meet her already, but he assumed that there was something else going on that would not be appropriate table conversation with his friend.

Akakios was impressed with Lucas's sudden level of self-control, but he did feel a bit put on spot with her question about him visiting after his friend's little outburst. Eyeing those around him that seemed amused by her. Allowing a careful, polite smile to spread across his lips, the vampire pondered her question quietly until things settled again. "I'm curious about this news," he admitted, still having absolutely no idea about her importance in her relatively new station. "But, to answer your question, yes. I hail from Featherfall. Are you particularly familiar with it?"

GoblinFae

The High Lady simply smiled, choosing to not answer what Tirial's news was as it gave her great amusement to watch the other man squirm with curiosity. "Featherfall! My you certainly are a long way from home," she exclaimed. There was a slight catch in her voice hinting at the laughter bubbling beneath the surface of her words.

"You must have very important business here in Tirial to come so far, unless" Amleah trailed off suggestively as one brow quirked in an unspoken curiosity, "perhaps you come for pleasure instead. To answer your question though, no I can't say that I am personally familiar with the province but I have been fortunate enough to make a few friends among the nobles. Lady Astrid has some very interesting tales of their annual Gryphon hunts, is it?" Amleah turned to her brother with a slightly confused look, waiting for his confirmation before continuing.

"I'm certainly glad Tirial's traditions are far tamer than that," she giggled. "I think I would look like a fool if I ever took her up on such an offer as to join her."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"Very important business," Akakios joked, not realizing how serious an affair this was for her. He continued seriously, "My business is this gathering and those attending it. I came all this way to be here for this, after all."

He was very interested in what she knew, though, and who she knew, especially when she named Astrid. "Yes, the Gryphon hunts. I haven't taken part in those in years, so I understand your hesitation. I'm sure I would make a fool of myself as well." Akakios took another slow drink from his glass before he continued.

"But who are you so personally familiar with?" he wondered, staring at her with that smile again. "We probably have some mutual friends."

GoblinFae

'How sad,' she mused somewhat disappointed. 'He came all this way for a tiny little ball. What could even be that important when he has no idea who I am?'

"Feeling jilted dear sister? Jealous that you are no longer the star of the show?"

Amleah blushed, hiding her face in her napkin as salad was replaced by soup. "For shame, Ro'or! Do you find your only sister so shallow?"
"Never," he claimed adamantly. "Just easily flustered."

She mentally growled at him while taking a sip of her soup so that she could compose herself to continue her conversation. "Well as you know, I am acquainted with Astrid. We exchange letters, you see. She really is quite an interesting character. And well," Amleah chuckled embarrassed, letting her gaze drop to her soup bowl for a moment before rising to meet the other man's eyes again.

"You'll have to excuse, however I'm not in the custom of name-dropping. I find it inappropriate especially at the dinner table. I'm sure you understand," she offered with a slightly forced half-smile.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Surprised that she would be so close with his High Lady, Akakios was very interested in what she had to say about their relationship. He realized a bit too late how forward his questions had probably been. A bit embarrassed by her gentle reminder of the inappropriate nature of the topic, Akakios nodded and turned his head to watch his friend for a moment.

"Lucas here wanted me to come down for this. I'm here as a favor to him," he explained, trying to steer the conversation away from talking about others in their absence. "Apparently he wants me to meet with certain people here tonight, though he has been refusing to tell me whom that would be," he said, purposefully teasing his friend.

Smiling knowingly, Lucas shrugged a bit as he sipped at his soup. "Oh, they're well worth the wait. Perhaps after dinner we may have a proper introduction," he said, glancing to Amleah pointedly and winked. Not catching the wink, Akakios nodded and looked towards the opposite end of the table with a bored look on his face.

GoblinFae

Amleah hummed softly, bowing her head slightly in response to Lucas, a secret smile answering his own. "Well I hope that you are not too disappointed then with the turn out tonight. True, it is one of our smaller gatherings here in Tirial, however I know without a doubt that the gossip-mongers will have something to say after its conclusion."

"Have you something special planned then, Lady Dvorak?" Lord Wechslers chimed in. "We would be honored if you happened to gift us all with a," he leaned in closer, grinning broadly, "guest performance? Wouldn't you say she has the voice of an angel, Lucas? Surely we can twist your arm into a repeat Lady Dvorak. We have not heard you since the ceremony when you won us all body and soul with your songbird voice."

"Oh, honestly I couldn't. It's really not that grand as you make it out to be Lord Wechslers. You unfairly flatter me," Amleah replied modestly, placing a hand at her throat. "Besides I have nothing prepared! I'm afraid if I tried it would be my swan song."

"Oh tosh! You sir," he addressed Akakios, tipsily waving his full wineglass in the nobleman's direction. "You seem to have Lady Dvorak's favor. Convince her to sing for us. I assure you, you won't regret it for a moment. Our Lady would charm Kia herself down to listen if she so chose."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios observed the conversation and found that he was quite amused at the prospect of his dance partner also bearing the gift of song. It made him wonder about her and assume she was probably a beloved performer of the province. Perhaps she played an instrument as well, though he was sure a good voice would serve her well enough in the eyes of nobles.

Smiling at their host, he gave his best surprised look at the notion that he had the woman's favor at all. But, he was pleased to think that others thought such a thing about them. He thought it would only serve to improve his standing and chances with getting what he wanted from her if he kept with it. "I do have your favor, don't I, Lady Dvorak?" he teased, playing along though he had no idea that it was actually her proper title.

"Surely one so gifted could manage a small performance? If the audience is your concern I would not complain about a more...intimate arrangement with those of us here." He gestured to the group of five gathered around her. "After dinner, of course," he added before taking another sip of his wine. He looked to the dark-haired man across from him and then sent Lucas a know-it-all smirk at the idea of who he thought was a court singer having a personal adviser. His dark eyes remained trained upon him, though, as he spoke. "Unless, of course, her adviser would advise against to such a thing?"

GoblinFae

Ro'or raised a brow at the nobleman's challenge. He suspected but did not know for certain what the other man thought of his sister. "Well I see no reason why you shouldn't Amleah. It certainly beats one of your boring political speeches," he jibed, making her blush darkly and glare mockingly over to him.

"My speeches are not boring," she replied weakly. "Besides, at least people don't fall asleep when I'm talking unlike a tall, dark, and handsome someone I know."

Her brother snorted and shook his head. "I see no problem with a private performance as long as you don't think your guests would be offended Lord Wechslers."

The older man shook his head. "Not at all my good man. Besides, a performance from our own fair lady is not a thing to be missed, protocols be damned! Forgive my language of course ladies."

Amleah chuckled, shaking her head while she sipped more of her water and watched the food courses change yet again without her dancing partner receiving anything. "Pardon me for asking but I can't help but notice your lack of eating, sir. Tell me, do long journeys just not agree with your appetite or are you the kind of man who prefers to imbibe his dinners?" she asked with raised bow and pointed look.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Observing the pair as they talked, Akakios was surprised with the familiarity she used with someone she called adviser and chaperone. It confused him, too, why a singer would partake in politics. He was glad, though, that everyone seemed to be in agreement with a performance by his dance partner. Unaware he was being watched so closely, Akakios was surprised that she pointed out his lack of food. If anything, he had expected that sort of thing at the beginning of the meal.

A knowing smile graced his lips as he glanced at the plates of those to either side of him before looking up to her. Lucas was watching him closely, curious about what he might reveal as the only thing that had been said previously was to their hosts that Akakios would not be dining with the rest of the table.  "I apologize if I offend you, Lady Dvorak. It isn't a loss of appetite that plagues me exactly, I am just accustomed to taking my meals at vastly different hours," he lied. The vampire fed whenever he pleased and however much he pleased given a willing source. He had just yet to find one in his short time in Tirial.

GoblinFae

"It is not I whose forgiveness you should be asking. I have no place taking offense as this is not a party I have worked hard to organize," she informed him calmly. "I do hope for your sake though you do not put off eating for too long. It would sadden me to hear such a capable dancer and engaging conversationalist had fallen ill all because he decided to keep odd eating hours."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

A bit annoyed that she was taking such a stance against him, Akakios glowered at her. "Our hosts have already been made aware, Lady Dvorak. That is why I am not even receiving a plate," he stated, trying to keep the hiss from his tone. Feeling challenged by someone he assumed was "beneath" him was irritating, but he was trying very hard to keep his patience with her on such an empty stomach. He regretted now the length of time he'd gone without feeding as it was making it difficult to keep himself in check.

"I suppose I should not have phrased it that way," he said with a shrug, downing more of his wine to try and distract himself from the personal struggle he was facing. "I only say it is odd because I take meals at much longer intervals than most." He was unsure why he was telling her this, it really didn't matter what he told her as he planned to never see her again once he'd fed and left Tirial.

"I wouldn't worry about me falling ill, though, Lady. I am...very resilient. Fortunately one of the few things to ever plague me is overeating," he explained with a knowing chuckle.

GoblinFae

"No I don't suppose you should have," Ro'or spoke addressing Akakios with a hard look. "I don't know what they teach you off in Featherfall but traditionally a lady, especially those of importance are treated with the utmost amount of politeness and respect."

Amleah's hand moved to rest atop her brother's on the table in a silent gesture to both calm and reign him in. He glanced down to it before offering the lower nobleman a smirk. "If I didn't know better I would say someone's a bit cranky from not having eaten. I would hate to think you are always this puerile."

"That is enough, Ro'or," his sister's voice cut in as she shot him a warning look. Ro'or bowed his head in deference, moving her hand into his own so that he could lay a gentle kiss to the back of it. "And now I must ask your forgiveness. It seems I too have offended you, my dear."

"That you have," she replied tersely, pulling her hand away from him so that she could return to her meal. Ro'or chuckled while sending Akakios a challenging look that suggested to the other man that the lady was his and his alone.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The tone the other man took with him was annoying, but Akakios didn't want to get involved with him anymore than was necessary. Watching them closely, he noted the odd familiarity they shared for just being a lady and her chaperone-adviser. Bowing his head slightly to the pair, he spoke out, if only to attempt to placate them, "My apologies to the both of you. I meant no disrespect."

It was then that he remembered their earlier conversation. Now he could only assume that the man across from him was the partner they had spoken of before. Smirking to himself and feeling quite proud for remembering, he relaxed a bit in his chair. He supposed that this man was only getting defensive with him because he thought he was competition, but Akakios felt he was anything but. He was not a wife-stealer but a wife-borrower.

"And I meant no offense, Lady Dvorak," he continued, refusing to address the dark-haired man or his accusation right now. "The truth is... I am not like you." Lucas shot him a warning elbow jab, sending the message that he'd said quite enough.
"Perhaps later, friend," he prompted nervously as he thought he was getting far too bold. He tried to remind him, "You don't want to scare the rest of the company here." Akakios smiled, glancing to him and nodded slightly.
"I will leave it at that, then. I don't wish for our table conversation to get wrapped up in the boring details anyway. Perhaps over a dance or two later, Lady Dvorak?" he asked, his gaze flickering to her once more.

GoblinFae

Both twins took note of the interaction between Renwick and his companion. They silently agreed to gather more information concerning what had just happened and soon. Keeping her gaze on her plate, Amleah replied with a cool, "perhaps," to the nobleman.

In her mind, Ro'or cautioned her against the harder attitude she was employing and suggested she return to her earlier flirtations. She would have none of it. Amleah glared at her brother once more in warning. "Let me do my job and you do yours. You've caused enough trouble already."

"Oh come now my sweet, you're not still cross with me?" he queried aloud. "I'll still dance with you tonight, the night is young."

"I believe my dances have already been filled by another capable gentleman. Surely you just heard that? Or are you going deaf in your old age?"

"What if I advise against it?"

"Wouldn't be the first time I went against my adviser's good common sense," she bantered back with a shrug. "Besides," Amleah continued looking the nobleman up and down, "he looks like a good man. I'm sure he'd take good care of me, wouldn't you sir?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

It didn't bother him that she didn't give a more definitive answer straight away. He had other ideas, other plans should keeping her occupied through dance fall through. Watching the pair bicker, or so it seemed. Akakios was amused and thoroughly pleased with the divide he thought it might cause, if only for the night. Noticing her looks, he did his best to still appear interested even though he had other motives than socializing.

"Of course," he answered with a bow of his head to her, pretending he hadn't just heard them. "The absolute best for you," he insisted, very pleased with the position he thought he was in right now.

"If you graced me with your presence, I would ensure you would not spend one further moment bored tonight, Lady Dvorak," he promised her. "Of course, I am grateful for any time you wish to give regardless."

GoblinFae

"Oh my, you're quite confident aren't you? How can you be so sure though that I won't become bored? Are you a mind-reader, perhaps? A magician practiced in the divine art of knowing a woman's deepest desires?"

Ro'or turned to stare at his sister wide-eyed and somewhat slack-jawed. Her more flirtatious nature was an entirely new entity for him to encounter. While he was intrigued by it he also was deeply concerned for her sweet and innocent, High Lady reputation, especially as her position was so newly appointed.

His own hand reached out to seek hers and press firm fingers to the inside of her wrist. "really my dear is that kind of conversation a lady has at the dinner table?"

"Oh hush you! I'm still mad and besides, I want to hear his answer."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios smirked at the bold questions she was posing. Her partner seemed entirely taken aback by her and the vampire was quite enjoying the show. "You do? Really? I'm flattered, Lady Dvorak," he warmly, purposefully eyeing the dark-haired man before looking to the lady he was addressing.

"Unfortunately I'm not a mind-reader, though I do know someone with a talent for that. What I am is very confident in my abilities, dancing being only one. Of course, I cannot guarantee that you will not become bored, but if you are with me then it is my sole purpose to keep you happy and entertained. I think I've been around long enough to know at least a few ways of maintaining that," he said with a very sure-of-himself grin.

He looked to her partner pointedly as he took a sip of his now almost empty wine glass. "Though I must confess I feel your chaperone is correct, Lady Dvorak. A dinner table is no place to talk about a woman's deepest desires. That sort of thing is best kept to much more private conversations. I would hardly do them any justice talking about them here."

GoblinFae

Amleah chuckled darkly, while leaning back in her seat in a laid-back fashion. She found both the nobleman's words as well as the reactions of some such as her brother and Lady Wechslers to be incredibly amusing. The older woman was even blushing. The audible click of her brother's jaw though caused a blonde brow to raise as a long-fingered hand moved within her line of sight and removed her wineglass.

"Forgive her, Lady Wechslers. I blame the wine."

"You would," came the high lady's accusatory and bored reply. "However, I don't know how much justice a man can give a talk on a woman's deepest desires when he has yet to properly introduce himself. Or is that perhaps a woman's deepest desire? To know your name sir?"

She smirked from her reposed position, her elbow upon the armrest and the side of her hand resting against her lips as she slightly leaned her head to the side. There was dark mischief in her almond-shaped eyes that spoke of an intelligence that many overlooked in such a youthful face and innocent demeanor. Amleah suspected though this nobleman who played their little game so well would not be such a man to do so though. He was like Ro'or after all, cunning and intelligent with a touch of darkness about him. She liked it.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]