Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Attempt to steal.

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2005, 11:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Nyutahi rested the drawstring sack on the ground, although her index finger was still hooked in the loop. Thieves were swift and cunning and she wasn't willing to risk any chances. Of course there was, next to zero, amount of stuff inside the rough cloth bag. The most important or needed things were on her person and not tucked away. Of course there was about a blanket, some bandages, a bare amount of food and small flask. Still important, but not in comparison to a pouch of money or her dagger. Plus, the room inside her sack allowed her to sneak things easily.

Watching the passing people, eyeing them and accessing them as victims. Of course the number of people were dwindling, and the shadows grew deeper, causing even her to shiver. Her eyes, for how strong they were, were beginning to mistake shapes for hideous and grotesque monsters. Her heart sped but her body remained pressed firmly against the brick. Before she even knew it, she actually recognized the settling dark. If she was going to steal anything she'd have to do it soon. It wasn't dark, but the sun's focus was elsewhere. She found a secretive nook to push her sack as she slipped from the crevice between two buildings.

While her deep purple eyes flickered around, her fingers lifting up to trace the gray tattooed dots beneath her left eye. She hummed softly and strode out, legs stretching while her pants billowed around her legs. She felt the adrenaline she often felt as she eyed up her victim. A person in their late teens, someone arrogant with money. How they broadcasted it was amazing but before she knew it she was jarred from her mindset. It caused her to pause and falter...

[I left it open as much as possible, I wasn't sure what you wanted to do with him, LOL >>']

Anonymous

Jedrek walked quietly on the tiny cobblestone street in Adela.  He had been renting a flat for quite some time from the cheapest lodger he could find, but all that solitude made him a little uneasy.  From time to time, he'd go out to pubs and other more unsavory places trying to find some connection to anyone or to anything.

Since discovering his mixed heritage, he felt an odd uneasiness around people in general. He felt that no matter what, he didn't really belong to them.  

His visit to the pub that night had been troubling. With his telepathy and mind reading still a little new to him, there were always some glitches. He was just sitting at the bar alone, trying to practice by concentrating on the girl sitting next to him. He entered the meditative state he knew so well and went to work, but he received too much information. Thoughts from half of the room must've been flowing into his brain, and he had to step out.

Maybe his disorientation was the cause of his lack of attention that night. Whatever it was, he stepped out onto the street and walked smack dab into someone.

(that would be you.:-) )

Anonymous

Nyutahi had been wondering what was going on, and her mind had raced for an answer but the uncalled for force against her body made her give out a muffled yelp, stumbling away. Her deep purple eyes were turned on the man, who startled her with his height, making her immediately blush and her eyes fell downwards, spiraling to the cobblestone. It felt like an eternity before she could muster words against this intimadating stranger.

"I'm.. uhm.. sorry..?" She mumbled, her hands clapsing in front of her and lacing and grinding painfully against eachother.

He was so tall, and tall people made her especially nervous, along with people in general. Her high from about-to-steal disappeared, and before she knew it she was trying to find her previous victim. She sighed heavily, a flicker of anger bursting inside her. Great, he delayed her and her 'victim' got away. She didn't dare say anything to him about it, because why should she rat her thieving self out? And anyway, it would be easier to escape then. But she was annoyed, and nervous, and she was rocking from side to side slightly and her fingers were still madly working against eachother, making them blotched red and white from the pressure and heat.

What would he do? It wasn't her fault but just to get this all over with might as well say it was, right?

Anonymous

Jedrek scratched his head as though somehow he could then block out all the different voices commenting on their lives filtering through his brain. He felt himself run into some poor girl, and looked down at her. He must've been an entire foot taller than her, but she commanded such a presence to him. He tried to focus completely on her, maybe it would force the other sounds out. He stared gently at her blue hat with her red tinted hair shooting out from under it. He followed the line of her hair to the strange tatooing under her eye, and a smile flickered across his mouth. He could concentrate on just her thoughts, but he felt uncomfortable probing into her mind like that, so he tried to steer away from it.

He regained his composure, closed his eyes for a minute, and then looked down at her again.

"I'm t-t-terribly sorry..." he choked, throwing her a soft smile. "Well, I did just stumble out of a pub. I guess it was to be expected that I would trample some poor unsuspecting soul." He grinned, his white teeth making the intense paleness of his skin seem slightly radiant for a moment as he studied her face again.

"I promise not to run into you again," he swore with a slight Slavic timbre to his voice. "I'm Jedrek," he offered as he extended a hand.

Anonymous

Nyutahi tilted her head to the side and up, her purple eyes studying him. Now that she didn't anyone lined up to steal from her mind accessed him. She blinked and her eyes were immediately drawn to his hair. It went past his shoulders - that was definite. But she couldn't see the rest of his dark brown hair but her amazement seeped slightly. Her eyes were curious, allowing him to sink in. He was tall, much taller then she, and it continued to make her feel small. His hair was long, and his eyes were brown. She also didn't fail to notice his interestingly pale complexion. He did seem nice, but even nicer as he choked on his words.

Hey, lookit that, I was lucky. I didn't run into some maniac. He seems pretty nice.. Well, I shouldn't be surprised if he turns out not to be.. Hm. But STILL, why wasn't he looking where he was going? Oh well, what's done is done.. Right? She thought, still unsmiling and still annoyed, regardless of her reasoning.

She also didn't fail to notice his feminine facial features, but still didn't get over his height. She vaguely noticed his sword and his clothing details, but was more interested in his overall build. Her eyes studied him, catching the movement and she backtracked, realizing he must've said something. Oh, his name was Jedrek, interesting.

"I'm Nyutahi," she said, tentatively reaching out a strong, longer-fingered hand and clapsing it with his for a brief shake, but happily withdrew.

Her left hand rubbed the gray tattooed dots subconsciously, index fingertip simply running back and fourth over it. When she realized what she had been doing a blush heated along her cheekbones and her arms tucked back against her chest. Her stance was slightly wide, her back straight, gazing up at him from beneath her blue hair. Then, with a stroke of genius, she remembered her sack. Her eyes glanced to the alley and then back to Jedrek.

Friends weren't bad, but he was causing her a slight dillemma. She wasn't going to lose it because of HIM. Oh no. Not today. She held up her finger, give a slight, apologetic smile.

"Hey, hold a minute, okay?" She said turning abrutly on the heal of her sock-like sandals, taking long, quick strides to the alley.

Nyutahi ducked inside, her eyes searching for the nook as she crouched, grasping the sack and brushing it off, her face scrunching up with apprehension. She then took off back towards Jedrek, an odd noise spurring her on even quicker, the lose pants billowed around her strong legs, giving the vaguest hint that her clothes concealed more strength that her height implied.

"Had to get something I forgot, heh," she said lightly, clutching the strings of the sack, folding her arms back of her chest, sorta beside him but sort of in front, unsure of how to stand by him.

Since it doesn't seem I'll be able to work now, she thgought in a slightly accusing manner.

Pushing herself onto her toes and reclining back down she shifted her legs, unwilling to stand still.

[OH! hey, I'm changing the tattoos beneath her eye as a piercing xD]

Anonymous

(sounds cool. it's 6am. I'm gonna post once more, and then sleep for.. aw, who am I kidding. I'm gonna stay up all night. I don't have to work tomorrow. screw it.)

Jedrek grasped her curiously dainty hand with a gentle ease, almost afraid to break it. She seemed so powerful and fragile all at once and it fascinated him.  He watched her turn to go, and for a second, he felt a pang of fear in his stomach.

"Maybe she's going to run off for good," he thought, furrowing his brow in anticipation for her return. He hadn't really had time for friends. He had been consumed by his mission to avenge his parents death that sometimes the simple joy of friendship overwhelmed him but made him suspicious.

While she was returning, he shook his head again, whispers of thought seeping into his mind. He forced them out, but in the process swung his thick tie of hair forward, falling halfway down his chest onto the very slightly padded light armor he was wearing.  He noticed her uncomfortable stature and laughed softly at her awkwardness. Without even thinking, he began to pry.

"Not to be a complete jerk, but.. Does the piercing under your eye have a special significance?" he question, raising his right arm to brush his hair back, revealing his own tattoo in the process.

Anonymous

[LOL, yeah, basically same here :3 only 9 after now, lol]

The thought of running had never crossed her mind, the thought of running really put a damper on her day. Of course she was strong, she wasn't one for running, and while disappearing on him would be a nice move, she wasn't that cruel. And who was she kidding, being alone did not suit her. She should be able to deal with being alone and be fine with enduring it but she wasn't very accepting of the lonliness. So, his prescence was grudgingly welcomed.

Now, she herself was suspicious of friendships, but she acquired the knowledge that it was rare that people would put up with her for longer than necessary unless they didn't like her. Sporadic moods could really be annoying, right? Hell, even to Nyutahi they were. But she wasn't repulsive in nature, she could be quite passive with certain things, but she oftne tried to be for most things.

She hadn't expected his laugh, but she gave a nervous smile to it. If he was laughing at her, that was okay. She liked making people laugh, pleasing them, that was fine. Of course, she wouldn't always bend over backwards. There were certain things she refrained from doing. Sometimes that was just sheer laziness and not moral.

"Eh?" She blinked, totally dumbfounded for a moment until she realized, blushing madly for her stupidity.

DUH. How stupid, She thought.

"Well, err, sorta. It kinda has a bunch of meanings.. Like it's a sign of what tribe I was born into, I heard it magnifies my power and it kind of represents it," she said, her finger coming up to touch it.

While it represented her power, it didn't mean that without it her abilities wouldn't work. It just kind of helped keep it all intact. She really didn't know how to explain it. But each piercing that made up the one, which was two halves, were gotten at different points in her life.

She blinked - his hair.. It was.... long. She blinked again and couldn't help but to take notice of both his hair AND his tattoo. She also had tattoos, four to be exact. Around her wrists and ankles, both covered by the silver cuffs on her pants and shirt.

"Oh.. my. Your hair is very long. And.. your tattoo," she said curiously, wondering if he'd offer any information on either.

Long hair bothered her on herself. It was.. a pain. A very large on at that. And his tattoo.. None of her buisness really. While he was prying a bit, it didn't bother her. Nah, not really.

[i'm still thinking on why she has the tattoos and piercing, but it's coming together, LOL]

Anonymous

"My hair is long?" he asked suddenly, a little taken aback. "Uhm.. well. It helps me keep the time in a way," she stammered quickly, not willing to divulge that he had not cut his hair since his parents death 9 years ago.

"Funny you should ask about the tattoo. It was kind of you not to already ask about the name. My family is originally from a specific tribal area. It's this ancient tradition that you are 'marked' when you enter adulthood with the letter of your forefathers. So, for me it's my last name: R for Ralbofski." He breathed in slowly, the exhalation necessary to speak for that long was surprisingly tough for him.

"That's kind of odd, you know," he said as an afterthought, "we both have markings of our people that supposedly symbolize our power." He laughed again, almost softer than before, and idly tossed his hair again, a little too conscious of it now.

He knew that he was holding her for a little too long, and he felt bad just prying into her life, but he really couldn't let the only real human contact he had had for quite some time go. He pushed his hair behind his right ear and began playing with the slightly pointed tip of it, a habit he had picked up when he was nervous.

"So, what are you doing here in Adela, and what exactly did I stop you from doing by plowing into you?" he asked playfully.

(I might have to sleep now. But only for a few hours. So, expect a response not terribly long from now.)

Anonymous

[d'awww.. sleep is for the weak y'know ;) don't worry, i pulled an all nighter or i'd be sleeping the whole day. if i slept now i wouldn't wake up 'till around 7:00 if i was left on my own, lol XD]

Nyutahi hadn't meant for him to suddenly become conscious of it, but what could she do? His hair was, indeed, beautiful, but for her it was just too long. If she had hair that long she'd be driven mad. But she loved how gorgeous it looked on most people - at least when it was well taken care of. Of course on some people who found their priority other than hygiene it was one of the most disgusting things she'd ever seen. Like somewhere was wearing a rat's nest. Definitly a turn off for any girl.

She watched a high class, beautiful lady walk buy, already eyeing up anything she'd have of worth. Her blood began to run in her veins, adrenaline already aroused. It took all the restrain she had to turn her eyes away. Of course, she had to take another peek. She soon realized this woman would probably be fancied by any man, and felt slightly envious. She was, afterall, still a girl. While she was pretty old compared to some people, she was just reaching maturity for her species. Which made her feel very young next to already developed females. But hey, most girls were like that, right? Right.

Nyutahi, not for the first time, noticed her attention wandering. She abruptly flickered her gaze to him, catching what he said about their people and power and smiled, the effort of faking a laugh unable to be mustered. While he played with his ear she noticed the slight point, and she knew he was probably either half human OR, perhaps, some species very close in appearance. Not that it mattered, right?

"Oh, nothing, it seems friendly enough... Oh, uhm, I thought I saw someone I knew but, heh, I was mistaken," she responded, speaking as if she stated the truth, smiling at him.

I can't tell him that I was going to steal some money, now could I? I don't really want to look bad.. I may not get another chance to make a better first impression, She thought, her eyes wandering downwards to the cobblestones.

"So! What brings you to Adela? Do you live here?" She asked him, not wanting him to question her answer if he found it suspicious.

Her eyes lifted upwards to meet his face, a slender brow lifting in question.

Anonymous

Jedrek noticed her gaze wander, and felt a slight pang in his stomach again. He must be boring her if he couldn't even hold her attention for a few minutes. He felt an intense sadness flicker across his face, but he tried to muster his energy to maintain the conversation for as long as he could. At least then, he could feel like he had some basis for any type of relationship.  He started to feel bad for how much he towered over her and tried to alleviate the extreme difference in their height by leaning against the nearest wall.

"Well, I've lived here for quite some time now, I guess.." he said, honestly not even remembering how long he had been in Adela. "I used to travel a lot, but I've stayed put for the last well.. The last 10 years, I would say."  For some reason, just stating that he'd been there for 10 years made him feel extremely old, something he had never really felt before.

He'd always been the slightly immature one in his group of friends, but being alone must have forced him to grow up. He looked down the street and noticed that it seemed to be clearing out in the darkness of the night.

"It looks like it's starting to get a little dangerous out here, eh?" he questioned politely, seeing that they were practically alone in the street. "Want me to walk you home or anything?" he offered, hoping that she would take him up on the offer and a little curious to see exactly where she came from.

Anonymous

Nyutahi could be an oblivious person, that was a given. But she knew something was up with Jedrek. Her gaze flickered upwards, trying to read his facial features but failing. All she knew was that something was wrong - she wondered if she said or did something to upset him. Of course her attention wasn't wavering - well, it was. Not because he was boring, but just because, on strangers, she found it hard to look at them in the eye. You were looking at the windows to their soul; did you really want to delve that far?

She noticed that he leaned against the wall, and she felt relieved, his prescence not so intimadating. A vague smile touched her lips as she found her eyes flickering around, but trying to concentrate on the wall directly beside his head - so she'd be sort of looking at him. She blinked when he said '10 years'. He travelled before he said. So, she wondered, how old was he. But it really not any of her buisness, right?

In Nyutahi's group of friends, well, she often wavered from position to position. Sometimes she was 'mother', making sure they stayed out of trouble and keeper of peace, sometimes she was the adventurous one, sometimes she was just the one that wouldn't shut up, and her role, at least once, had been the 'immature one'. Nyutahi didn't really care, never did.

When he commented on how it was taking on a dangerous air she bit the inside of her cheek. She wasn't afraid of the dark, exactly, more of WHO was in it. And the whole 'not able to see great in the dark' didn't help her. She was, however, startled by his offering. Then it struck her she had underestimated his kindness. He seemed to need people as much as she - or maybe he was just really kind. Whatever the case, she became aware of the fact she didn't have a home to be walked too. Hell, she hadn't even got a room at the inn. She was a few coins short of that.

"I.. uh.. don't have a room or anywhere to stay. When I'm short on money I usually just sleep in a tree or something like that," she responded, blushing slightly and rubbing the back of her neck, fingers twisting in the strings of her sack.

Anonymous

Jedrek stifled a look of shock. She didn't look helpless, but she was a girl alone in a fairly dangerous city, and she slept outside? A crackle of lightning streaked through the sky above their heads, and he looked up.

"Sleeping in a tree might not be the wisest decision tonight," he said quickly, as a few droplets of rain fell onto his barely darker than white skin. He looked at her directly in the eyes, a trait which he prided himself in. Eye contact to him was the only way he could assure a person that he genuinely wanted to focus entirely on them.

"Well, I don't want to be forward or anything, but if you have nowhere else to go, you can stay in my room. It's not much, but you could have a nice bed and maybe something to eat." He began tugging on his ear absentmindedly again, terrified that she'd say no not only for himself but for her own general safety.

He scratched the inside of his wrist when a thought struck him. This girl looked as though she were barely out of adolescence. Where was her family to take care of her? Why was she alone, wandering the streets of the war-like village Adela?

"Are you here alone?" he added before she could answer, hoping he would find out at least some of the answers to his questions.

Anonymous

Nyutahi saw the sky light up and her gaze flickered upwards to the alit sky. She sighed and frowned - instead of a tree it appeared she'd be sleeing in an alley beneath a building's overhang. Or she could manage to slip into someone's house or shop and leave before they come back. But that sounded more stressful and rather unsafe. At his comment her deep purple gaze fell upon his face, barely catching the raindrops but acknowledging them, wincing as she too was hit with a cold drop. She nodded lightly, a weak smile flickering along her lips.

She blinked as he stared into her eyes, catching her off guard and she felt almost trapped. While it was assuring it was also intimadating and a nervous flutter aroused in her stomach. His question was startling and she stood there, and before she could even sum up an approriate answer he asked if she was alone. Her fingers twisted the strings of her sack tighter around her fingers in thought, chewing her lower lip she glanced at the sky, catching a drop of watch in the eye. She snorted at herself, wiping a purple eye.

"Err..huh? Yeh, I'm alone. And.. eh.. I guess," she mumbled shyly, clapsing her hands together and shifting.

Her pants billowed around her legs as she shifted again, and a stormy wind whirled around her drilling through her clothing and causing her to shiver. Pulling her legs tight together and bringing her arms closer to her sides and ducking her head and pulling her hat over her ears. She had a blanket but it took effort to get it out, y'know?

Anonymous

Jedrek averted his gaze for a moment, staring down the alleyway. He thought he had heard something, but that could just be his constant sense of paranoia creeping in. Ever since his fathers execution of sorts, Jedrek had an intense fear that maybe the man who had his father killed didn't feel as though the debt had been repaid. It was for that reason that he always felt himself in a battle ready mode, sword always at his side, and mind always focused on learning more.

He was proud of himself for not trying to use his newfound ability to infiltrate her mind, but the prospect of finding out what was going on in her distracted mind enthralled him. It took almost all of his concentration not to let his mind slip and listen.  He turned his gaze back to her and replied.

"It's ok. I'm alone, too. I guess, as well. Well, the offer still stands." Jedrek noticed her uncomfortable shifting, and he frowned slightly, offering her the dark green cape of sorts that he had with him.

"It won't help too much, but it might keep the rain off of you," he offered, extending the crumpled material toward her.

Anonymous

"Yeah, heh, your room does beat an alley or tree," she said with a soft laugh.

Well, I got a place to sleep, tomorrow I really have to steal something and pawn it.. And I have to practice my technique. And.. and.. I can't believe I underestimated him. He's nice.. and jeez. I should stop being such an idiot. She thought, her thoughts muddled as they jumped from topic to topic, but lingering on him and her nearby future.

The offer of his green cape didn't come as much of as shock and her hand almost lifted to take it. But she shook her head - it wasn't her's. It was his and she had no right being such a big mooch and taking his stuff. He could use it, not her.  

"Nah, it's alright," she said, lifting a shoulder but quickly adding, "Thanks though."

While he was still trying to uncover how to use his own abilities she had knew from a young child what her powers were. Along with 'school', learning the basics of her powers had been a requirement for all the children of her tribe, and perhaps her species. But she didn't know others of her kind besides her tribe and she was perfectly happy with that. Most of her life had been happily spent in the village she had been born into, but recently she had been traveling. Why not? It seemed.. fun. Of course it was harder than she expected but she was doing fairly well. Right?

Anonymous

((I'm gonna cause a ruckus. Hold on. We need something to happen.. so. BOOM. Let's go.))

Jonathan prowled through the streets, his youngest son, Liam trailing behind him.

"I said I was sorry, Dad!" he yelled, practically running to catch up. "She was a cute girl. I was just talking to her. I didn't know she was going to pinch my gold pouch!" he continued, barely able to breathe, walk, and talk at the same time.

"Shut up and keep walking. Tell me when you see her, you miserable little screw up!" Jonathan growled as he continue to practically jog through the small cobblestone roads of Adela.

Liam glanced down a small alley to his left and saw her. She was still wearing all black, no doubt to make a quick exit after she stole someone else's belongings!

"Dad!" he yelled. "There she is." The two started down the alleyway, and Jonathan stood between the girl and her unusually tall companion and demanded:
"Give me back my son's money!"

((haha.. if this diversion doesn't suit you to help us move somewhere and maybe pick up some other lonely RPers.. let me know, and I'll edit/delete)

Anonymous

[Ooo! Fun! Sounds great]

Nyutahi was startled, blinking at this man who was accusing her of stealing. Of course she stole for a living and she glanced at the 'son'. No, never seen him before. And it wasn't like she had done any recent jobs anyway. And plus the small fact that she didn't like getting to know who she stole from, it always screwed her up. At least, if she liked the person. It was fairly easy to steal from someone you hated and/or you didn't know.

"H-hey! Excuse you? I did not steal from him!" She glared back, clutching her sackas her legs tensed.

Like previously stated, the girl despised running. But she wasn't going to attack them first. But, unbidden, her wrists and ankles heated up, and the piercing beneath her left eye felt hot. But, of course, being as passive as she was, she was inclined to run than fight. At least until she couldn't run then she'd fight.

Taking a long step backwards she eyed her escape, but also eyed where Liam and Jonathen were. She straightened and clapsed her hands behind her, and angling her back away she discreetly and quickly tied her sack to her sash, slowly sliding it to her hip, hands then placing themselves on her hips.

"You see, sir. If I stole your son's money I would then, probably have enough to get a room at an Inn. But I don't. And I have never seen you or your son before. I assure you, that there are many thieves here. If I were you, I'd say goodbye to that money," She said rapidly, brows arched.

Anonymous

Jedrek spun, standing completely tall, creating an imposing figure, and stared at the two men who were much smaller than he. His eyes widened, and his chest clutched for a moment as the fear of being attacked swept over him. He put his arm protectively on the hilt of his father's sword and eyed the men ferociously.

"Stealing?" he thought quietly to himself. A thief? Her? She seemed so uncomfortable in public and innocent. He didn't entirely believe what he was hearing, and refused to infiltrate her thoughts to find the truth. Rather, he listened in on the boy.

Jedrek closed his eyes, concentrating on the thin, blonde boys mind and listened.

*** "Shit," Liam thought. "That is definitely not her. She's much too small. The girl I talked to was more womanly.. that's probably why she could convince me to drink a little too much..." ***

Jedrek tuned him out, opening his eyes to state Liam down.

"Why don't you tell your father the truth." Jedrek said, standing fulling erect once again to intimidate the two much smaller men. Liam stared up at the half-elf, his breath catching in his throat. Jonathan spun to his son.
   "What is he talking about?" he demanded, eyeing his nervous son.
   "well. That might not be her..." Liam retorted.. inching away from the man, afraid that he was listening in on his very mind.  

Jonathan clutched his hand and bowed toward Nyutahi.
 "I'm so sorry, miss!" he proclaimed. "My stupid son over here let's some woman rob him then tries to pin it on you. We'll be on our way." Jonathan grabbed Liam's shirt and pulled him back down the alley toward another unfortunate victim.

Jedrek looked back at Nyutahi, notcing her nervously clutch her bag.
"My goodness. That was quite an unnecessary scene." he said jokingly, leaning against the wall again and smiling in her direction. The rain was coming down softly still.
"Well. So, you're alone and don't have a place to stay. But why are you in Adela in the first place if you have no friends or family to offer you their home?"

Anonymous

While Nyutahi was quite the passive one she untied the strings then, vaguely nodding at Jonathen but disliking his rough handling and words to his own son. That could be very damaging on the mind and she wondered if Jonathen's own father had been so verbally abusive. Of course it was none of her buisness and so she let the sack go, fall from her waist with a dull thwap. She stared down at it, brows raising. She looked at it in that, "Yeah.. I dropped it.. Do I really have to pick it up? Ugh." She bent down and pulled it off the cobblestones.

But she couldn't help but to feel guilty, and Jedrek doubted she was a thief by the tone of his voice. It was almost enough to make her confess that she was a dirty, no-good thief but only when she had to be. Survival of the fitest, right? But it wasn't like she stole from those who didn't have much money - you know, the arrogant richy-rich kind. A little deprivation wasn't bad. But.. still. That didn't make it any more right.

She was glad for the soft rain but as she replayed the scene she paused, it dawning on her that Jedrek either had a very profound ability that she couldn't point out or he was a mind reader. Which was not quite unusual around here. Her eyes flickered up to the too-tall man, tilting her head.

Nyutahi smiled when he spoke of how that scene had been unecessary and she nodded her head, giving a soft "aye" in response. But she was still puzzling over what had happened. How had he known? Curiousity was jabbing away at her and swiftly breaking her down - she'd ask soon and she knew it. But he had said something.

"Eh? Wha.. Oh! Sorry about that," She shook her head at herself.

"I just wander, and exploring and picking up odd jobs. I don't know why - for the sheer fun of it? And, well, I just kinda ran into Adela" She responded, shrugging carelessly.

Of course, she wasn't a person to usually do something like this without a companion, but something just pushed her to do it. And she found the lonliness and silence that followed her intimadating, but soon allowed it to become companionable - prescences that just never left. At least she could find it familiar. Perhaps that was what made her shyness worse, her usual 'isolation' invaded and aggitating it.

"And, thank you for that. But... how did you know?" Her eyes snapped up to his own eyes, intense and wanting of the truth - that's all she wanted.

It was obvious she wasn't a person to tattle or discriminate, but she did need to know. If he was a mind-reader it'd make her life a little difficult. Especially if he found out, through her guilty mind, that she was a thief and not from her lips.

Anonymous

Jedrek stared down into her small but intense eyes with a sense of dread washing over him. He didn't really want to tell her, but he wasn't much of a liar. He feared that her knowing about his.. ability would hinder their friendship. She seemed like a private person, and having a friend around who can peer into your mind might not be terribly inviting to a girl like that.

He listened to her vague response, and nodded passively, almost afraid of anything else she might ask.  A silence fell between the two, but her probing eyes told him that he wouldn't be able to move any further into a frienship without an answer.

"Uhm..." he mumbled softly, "I um. I sort of have these.. uhm..." he spoke barely above a whisper, not even sure exactly what he could say that would make sense or sound intelligent at all. "I have mild capabilities in telepathy and mind.. um.. reading" he choked out, aware that it sounded completely ridiculous outloud; at least to a human.

But he was not entirely human, a fact he knew all too well. He wondered if Nyutahi could see the Elven blood running through his veins and if that affected her opinion of him. He looked at her and tried to explain slightly.

"But I haven't looked into you at all. I think it's unfair to do something like that. If there's one thing I hope I can maintain forever, it's my dignity."