Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady and the Beast (M)

Started by visualspice, January 08, 2013, 02:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"No.." Lord Amalin scrunched his nose. "What bothers me about the hair is that it's mine."
His expression soured as he sighed. Shaking his head, he looked back up at Urich.
"Room 112 you say? Perhaps I should start my investigation there. It was one of those rooms on the third floor where I began my investigation anyways. Might as well start in one of the room's I can gain easier access to." Throwing a few bags over his shoulder he moved towards the Hotel.
"Though I'm assuming your fiance won't mind if I have to scourer the room for clues?"
He smirked at the thought. But then again, Mr. Renqvist could take the brunt of that from his woman. Though.. he had to think about the statement. Having a woman like that would be awfully fun. Though tiresome. Shaking off the idea, he stepped inside the hotel, staring around at the guests and taking out a quill and paper and stuffing it into Victoria's arms.

"Here, make yourself useful and gather a list of the guests within this room, then compare it to the guest list at the front desk."

Victoria blinked, and looked from Lord Amalin to Urich.

"What's going on?" she expected Urich to give her some sort of an update, after all.. she gave a peculiar stare to the spectacles Lord Amalin was wearing. The man looked like an idiot.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Well, some idiots were geniuses in disguise.  But he didn't know why geniuses had to wear disguises in the first place.  But Urich supposed it wasn't a matter of importance, no matter how strange this 'detective' was. 

When they faced Victoria, Urich smiled sheepishly.  "I've graciously granted permission here to Mr. Amalin that he can search our room for any clues connecting him to his ghost.  And you're going to agree with me.  First, let's get those lists, shall we.  Mr. Amalin, here's my key." 

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Victoria was taken back.
"You let him - what!?" but her wolfish fiance was already pushing her away. She was fuming, but int he same breath, she trusted her husband to be (for only God knew why). BUt really- did he trust this complete stranger with their things? She gave Lord Amalin a glare, not that it could do much, and the man only smiled with a bow and accepted their room key. "Thank you for being so obliging. Hopefully I shan't be long."

Scowling, Victoria whirled around and readied a piece of paper.
"Let's get on with this then." then she move dout into the center of the room and shouted. "I need everyone to work with me here! I need the names of all whom are present to create a list in order to help deduce clues for the investigation. If we'd like to go home any time soon, I expect you all to cooperate easily."
Though no one put up a fight, and soon Victoria was scratching down everyone's name. When she was done, she dotted the last 'I" and turned with a sigh to Urich.
"I suppose we ought to check on Lord Amalin now."S he made a soured face, recalling the trust in her room and well..
She just hoped he wasn't rooting through her things. What a scandal that could prove to be! Hrmph!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

In truth, Urich couldn't say he really trusted the man.  He'd only known him for what was it - five minutes?  But already he could do they were going to get along like Sul'Gulthan on fire!  Not only that, but it was quite fun to watch Victoria squirm so underneath his insufferable attention, and that Urich was bending so easily to his wishes.  But she'd come to understand that he was only doing it to make her angry.

Oh, he'd get it in the morning.  If they made it to morning.

For now, the night was young and Urich sighed as they made their way back to their room.  Their door was ajar, and as to be expected, the room was quite in disarray with clothes thrown here and there as if a pair of strangers had stolen the key, stole their clothes and proceeded to get naked and sprawl around on the bed a few times before quickly vacating.

Only it smelled better.

Urich slowly pushed the door ajar, knowing Victoria would give him hell for the mess Lord Amalin had made.  He called for the man to appear, stepping in with an angry brow.  "What the hell did you do the room!?" Urich bellowed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Lord Amalin looked up from where he was on the other side of the bed, the silly spectacles still adorning his face as he blinked behind them, one glass making one eye larger than the other, but both being magnetized. Despite Urich's angered expression, the man smiled.
"I think I found some clues!" he began. "Right underneath your bed seems to be some sort of door way and-"

"WHAT ON EARTH HAVE YOU DONE TO MY ROOM!?" Victoria's voice boomed.
Victoria had finally found her voice, her entire being having frozen in pure shock at the disaster before them.

Lord Amalin blinked, but other wise seemed unphase and tried to continue- "You see, I've seen these chalk drawings before and-"

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY THINGS!? MY DRESSES!? ME JEWELEry!?" her brown eyes flared with anger, her entire being seizing up, her glare going to Urich- but when Lord Amalin tried to speak- she heard his voice and it was just about all she could take.

"Oh really, you can live with a mess for the sake of an investigation-"

WHAM!
and her fist connected cleanly with his jaw, sending the man clean to the floor.
"And I expect you to clean up after you mess when you are done with this investigation, Lord Amalin!" she said with an indignant sniff.
And then she gasped as she noticed the man nursing his jaw, that right around him was littered all of her under garments. Her eyes sparkled into tears, and just as Lord Amalin tried to stand up, she socked him again and stormed clean out of the room.

THe nerve of him! And the nerve of Urich for letting him just pry into their things!

Lion

Good gods, this was only going to get worse...  Urich, while livid, wasn't nearly as upset as his fiance.  He just figured if someone was going to be mad first, it might as well be him since he was the one going to get beat by that damned parasol later.  He clenched and unclenched his fists, watching Victoria storm out of the room, but he stayed behind and glared daggers at the mummy man.

"Gods, man, can't you at least make it seem like you hardly touched anything!  It looks like a goddamned monsoon passed through here!" he hissed at him, pulling him up from the ground and giving him a proper shake.  "Fuck!  Never mind that.  What the hell was it that you found?  Some kind of doorway, you said?  Quick, help me lift up the bed."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Lord Amalin was still nursing his jaw and seemed unconcerned that Urich was pissed. He simply stared, then lifted the spectacles so they rested up within his curly hair and moved over so that he and Mr. Renqvist were pushing the bed aside. Once it was away, he stood over the ground, staring own at the door way and rubbed thoughtfully at his chin.
"Interesting.."
There was indeed a door but...
"It seems the ghost drew a lock on this door, but no handle."
Very interesting indeed!
But then he felt something.. and shivered, his eyes going over towards the hallway.
"Say.. what happened to your fiance?"

He couldn't have known that, at the same time they were investigating the drawn doorway beneath the bed, Victoria had stormed off down the hall, but had found something herself. There was a picture frame, slightly tilted to the side and something was drawn on the wall behind it. Curious, she pushed the picture aside and stared at the chalk drawing. It was a window. A window with bars-
And as her fingers graced over it, she felt a chill- when suddenly something reached out-
she didn't even have a chance to scream before she vanished from this world, entering into the next...

Lion

It wasn't long after Amalin said that that Urich felt the chill too.  The hair on the back of his neck stood up and there was a terrifying chill in the air.  He glanced to the window, which was locked quite shut.  "Gods!  Victoria!" Urich suddenly cried out.  He pulled Amalin along with him.  "Come on!"  And ran for the hallway. 

When he appeared, he saw a flash of light that blinded him, it happened so fast it was easy to confuse it with a blink of his eyes as the portal opened and immediately closed, a flicker of a realm opening within another realm.  He ran for the part of the hallway he saw the flash and saw the chalk picture there of a window.  His heart immediately sank into his stomach and he felt his nails and facial hair begin to grow in rage.  But he had a sinking filling that tearing into this wall wouldn't make her come back.

So he did the only thing he knew and turned back to Amalin, grabbing him hard enough to sink his claws into his arms, shaking him fiercely.  "WHERE DID SHE GO!?  THERE MUST BE ANOTHER PORTAL!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Lord Amalin was much slower to follow Urich out into the hall, and watched, though briefly, as the red dress disappeared into the wall. He cringed. So the ghost was planning to-
but his thoughts were jarred when Urich grabbed him and began to shake him fierce. Lord Amalin grit his teeth and gripped right back onto the other man's arms, this time finally showing some strength.
"Calm yourself, Mr. Renqvist," he said, yanking himself free of his grip with a sigh, then smoothed down his lapels and his coat.  "Really, you act as if you haven't a clue how the supernatural work, and you yourself are one of them!" He shook his head. Though most supernatural beings were of their own variety, he figured it was their duty to be more knowledgeable of the other kind.
"She was pulled in through the gate- though I guess the ghost didn't want to toy with a werewolf." he eyed Urich, sighing again as he smoothed back his dark hair.
"There are other entry ways, but we'd have to be careful when tampering with a ghost." He sighed, staring upwards at the ceiling, only then noticing that- there was a keyhole drawn on the ceiling above them.
"By the Gods, this bloody ghost is quite the trickster." he sighed, then turned to Urich. "How good are you at hide and seek? Because we need to find the key. If we can find her key, we can open that door beneath your bed and get to her plane." Though he frowned at this and winced a bit because of the force Urich had placed onto his arm,a nd had to pull back his arm, revealing some decay and bandages littering up the side.
Sighing, he worked at fixing it.
"Damn rotting bandages," Amalin grumbled.

Lion

"That is disgusting," Urich commented upon seeing the bandages.  "You really need to see a sorcerer or something about your particular condition."  Well said, from the man with a facial hair problem as more of it began to grow on his face out of sheer desperation alone.  But thankfully he hadn't changed into his full transformation.  There was no need for a killing machine in this hotel and it was bad enough with the threat of a ghost lurking around every corner.

"All right, a key," said Urich, trying to think.  "Back where I lived in Sul'Gulthan, there was an increasing number of ghosts that lurked those halls, all people who used to live there, soldiers, staff, even a few wraiths here and there.  In the lower levels, those were the most haunted.  But I do remember there being a portal of sorts, opened by some necromancers that used to live there.  The key was a particular object inscribed with strange runes.  At the time, a thigh bone with carved runes and painted in with blood.  I imagine the ghost here would have such a key crafted in personal connection with itself.  What more do you know about this ghost?  Is it male or female?  How is it related to this hotel?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Well if you want the truth," Lord Amalin began, rolling back down his sleeves, though giving them a one quick itch before replacing his glove over decaying fingers.  "Most extravagant acts of these are do to petty vengeance. The ghost was a woman, the daughter of the former owner of the hotel, but before her untimely death, the hotel was losing money and her family was starting to get desperate to sell. Not wanting the hotel to fall into another family, their daughter, Suellen Raquelle, tried to get herself married to a wealthy man from a familiar stock- I'm sure you recall the Armani family." Lord Amalin cleared his throat even giving his neck a quick crack as the pair walked down the hall.
"He had quite a lot of money and connections, and she was hoping he would save her family's hotel by a marriage. But well, he was promised to another, and Suellen's dreams were shattered. So, if you must know, she might not like Victoria very much, after all.." His eyes went to study Urich's face a moment. "She wanted to marry Victoria's father. Hrmm." He frowned, but just before he could add two more cents into his story- another scream from the guests down stairs was heard and suddenly, all of the lights went out.
"I suggest you keep that wolf blood of yours in check. Come on, Mr. Renqvist, let's go see what the old ghost is up to this time." Lord Amalin began to walk away, shaking his head. "Really, turning out the lights. So juvenile." he muttered.

Lion

Everything that Urich feared could go wrong, did.  Victoria was gone, locked in some strange other world.  And now the ghost wanted to avenge herself from losing Victoria's father to another!  Gods he knew they should have just left the damned Valley when they had the chance instead of worrying about money, dancing, galas, ghosts, portals, deaths and vengeance!  He only hoped Victoria had enough sense to check her temper.  It had done so little to make their situation any more fruitful.

Urich did his best to remain calm as he walked beside Amalin.  The candles being snuffed out was hardly anything new.  Thankfully he was a creature of the night and his vision was just as good, if not better, in the dark than it was by the light of these meager candles.  He could feel his claws itching for blood, for something, anything tangible that he might tear into to show that his possessions were not to be trifled with!

Urich raced down the stairs, going ahead of Lord Amalin and froze as he saw the spectre before him, manifesting momentarily as it held a waiter by the throat.  It was wretched, gnarled and white, fraile and gaunt as her thin, ghostly face hovered over the young man's and she seemed to suck his very essence from his mouth.  And not shortly after doing so, did the man's lifeless body drop to the ground and she shrieked at the pair upon sight then vanished shortly into thin air.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Lord Amalin quickly followed after Urich, and paused just behind the man to witness the spectacle. But after the ghost disappeared, he simply blinked.
"Huh. I'm surprised the ghost showed her face to so many. That puts a whole other perspective on this investigation." he said, rubbing thoughtfully at his chin as he began to walk around the room, studying the area in the dark.
"Let me know if you see anything useful, wolf." the man said, and flipped the spectacles back over his eyes, fussing over this setting and that as he tried to deduce what happened and why.

Lion

Well, one thing was for sure: Lord Amalin really knew how to put light to a situation right away.  Damn mummies.  Why couldn't they just stay dead and buried?  But maybe life really was wasted on the living however and this was the mummy man's way of getting his kicks.  He'd proven quite useless so far save for the clever remark here and there.

Urich glared at him for a good long while but eventually resigned to searching the area in the dark.  The most obvious place to look was the second corpse fo the waiter that had been drained of his life.  So Urich knelt beside him and inspected the man's body.  Nothing seemed out of the ordinary save for something unusual that seemed to protrude from his pocket.  It was a small object, hardly bigger than a ring box but when he plucked it out he found it had a small turning knob.

He fingered it gently and wound the knob, the little box twinkling a light lullaby as he did so.  "What was he doing with a music box?  And why did she feel the need to kill him because of it?  What else could it have been?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Lord Amalin studied the box with interest, eventually taking it into his own palm as he furrowed his brow.
"It's a child's lullaby." He frowned. "A child, but we're not dealing with a child, unless it's meant to mean something else." He drew his finger down his lower lip a few times in thought, then dropped his bag to the ground before pulling out something to undo the screw. Then carefully, ever so carefully, he began to open the box.
"Ah ha, I thought something was in the way. It wasn't hitting all of the appropriate notes." He pulled out a small piece of paper- though it was empty. Frowning, he sighed.
"Well that seems to be a waste of a spectacle-"but then he paused, considered something and began to fumble through his bags. He took out a small clear vial and unscrewed it, dumping the piece of paper within. The paper swirled around inside before it began to bubble and hiss- and black ink began to form on the paper. Stepping back, he sighed, shaking his head.
"It seems we're dealing more than just the woman. I think she's haunting us with her child. Or a child, perhaps a sister or dead cousin or something. Looky here." he held up the vial to Urich, showcasing the letters that now showed in the vial.

"I am the keeper"- Lord Amalin said, reading the words. His lips puckered into a frown. "The keeper, she's more like a nuisance. And her damn parlor tricks are costing too many lives. First at the old Armani Keep in the Villa, now here, at the hotel. I'm surprised she's kept it up this long." He rolled his eyes. "It's like she enjoys mocking me. clever girl. She might have even used the damn music box to lead me off her trail." Tapping his hands against his arms, he ho hummed a few minutes before glancing down at the music box again and gave it a light crank, humming along and studying the music, but at the end, the same damn note kept striking off key. He furrowed his brow, checked inside, then tried it again, humming along- just as a wicked crack of thunder clapped, and the lights flushed back on-
but this time they were red, red lights- and a wicked hand came out reaching for them- and Lord Amalin screamed just in time-

"MR. RENQVIST! BEHIND YOU! THE GHOST!"

Lion

"No, I think you're wrong," Urich said, staring at him working on the music box.  "Just because it's a child's doesn't mean it belongs to a child.  I doubt she had any children from the sound of her.  What man would waste his time with such a wretch, unless he just couldn't satisfy himself any other way?  In any case I doubt this has to do with a child.  Most likely it belonged to her as a child.  I thought you'd have more experience in this, Lord Amalin, or so you'd led me to believe.  Ghosts may manifest in any number of ways, even assuming a form that they wish to project themselves as to others, but is not their natural form.  Your suspicions most likely are incorrect.  Perhaps her ghost is connected to the music box because it was probably a happier time in her life.  And as for the keeper..."

He couldn't finish his assertion before the ghost reappeared yet again.  Urich whirled around and saw the ghostly spectre before him, lingering close to him, face to face.  He froze, staring at her eye to eye but she did not screech in terror, though he certainly was filled with fear.  At least for a moment before anger took him.  Urich glowered in his expression and snatched the music box from Amalin, gripping it in his clawed hand.

"Is this what you want?" he cried out, hold it just out of her reach.  "Let her go!  Let her go and it's yours!'  It was only then that the spectre screeched and clasped her hands around his neck, lifting him clear off the ground.  HIs hands fumbled with the music box and he spun the winder furiously, the music ticking rapidly.

The ghost's expression wavered, as did her grip as she seemed to throw her head back in pain and her grip disippated, Urich falling to the ground, the music box falling from his palm and as soon as it impacted upon the floor, the box alight the ground in a series of blue glyphs, the ground wavering just a moment, rippling like water just shortly before swallowing them whole.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

As the world whirled around them, bleeding into an eerie wailing of ethereal ghosted water and supernatural powers and forces, the ticking chime of each note from the music box curdling, striking and ringing true, even as cold darkness settled around them, twisting them within and consuming them whole.

Then darkness, then light- and the two would find themselves, standing there, still in suits and tie, hair, slightly disheveled as the ground beneath them seemed to light up- then pulled away, moving in this direction then that- Lord Amalin losing his balance and barely catching himself before the rock and roll of the floor stopped, then twisted, and propelled them upwards- smashing the pair against the ceiling with the final crackling ping of the music box-

Then darkness, darkness again.
It was the striking of a clock, cast in a single blue light that made him realize where they were as Lord Amalin sighed and craned his neck up at it, the grand father clock seeming to stretch on into eternity towards the ceiling above.

"Hrmm, maybe you were right? It seems I've greatly miscalculated this ghost, and, it begs me to wonder if it's even just a ghost we are dealing with at all."  Then, turning to Urich, he stuffed his hands in his pocket. "So, up for a stroll through the ghostly plain? Cause it seems like we don't' got much of a choice." He half smiled at that shrugging. "And who knows, that fiance of yours might be here if we look hard enough. Gotta keep our eyes peeled-" he said, then promptly stepped on something, glass breaking beneath his heel.
Stepping back, he blinked and stared down at a picture frame-

"That's odd.." he picked it up, staring down at it. "A picture frame without the picture." Though when the picture frame began to bleed, he dropped the damn thing and hopped away, appearing sqeemish.
"Gods, I've forgotten how strange the purgatorial realm can be." he sighed, then gestured forward. "Shall we? I believe we have a ghost to catch, and your fiance to find."

Lion

"Whoa..." Urich breathed, watching in fascination as the room changed.  While he'd become accustomed to supernatural surroundings, this was one thing he wasn't quite prepared for.  But it was not quiet unwelcomed.  Slowly, he found the strength to climb to his feet, as soft and sinking as the ground had become.  It felt like sand, or soft soil, shifting to his weight with every step and leaving impressions when he stepped off, the floor slowly forming back to his original shape with the absence of his weight.

He didn't know what kind of specter they were dealing with but it was quickly becoming quite clear that they were both in over their heads.  It was a relief to know however that Lord Amalin seemed quite unfazed by the abrupt change, so that least they'd be able to keep their heads in all of this.  As strange as it was, now would not do to panic.

As the grandfather clock streched out before them, Urich saw it'd door had opened and the pendulum inside stilled within.  It beckoned them and Urich tugged at Amalin's arm.  "This way I guess.  What other way is there?"  He didn't wait for an answer before passing through the mouth of the clock.  And when they did, it closed shut behind them, the ghostly realm of the hotel floating, dreamlike, timeless, wading through water.  Portraits sifted as if under a flowing stream, the floor slanted, dripping, melting through time.

Doors, countless doors littered the hallway before them, all wavering, all possibly containing the soul of his fiance.  "Which ones to we check first?  Do we split up?  There has to be a least fifty doors here.  Maybe more."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Lord Amalin nodded to Urich.
"Well, splitting up would certainly allow us to cover more ground. Though whose to say the pair of us won't get lost in this labrynth." Sighing, he kept his eyes square down the hall, thinking-
but it seemed the pair might not have to split up, as shouts in Victoria's distinct voice came echoing from further down the hall. Lord Amalin's eyes went to Urich.
"That certainly sounds like Miss Armani. I suppose we ought to follow the sound and-" though as Lord Amalin went to move his leg was caught and the man went down, though when he spun around, he was staring in horror at the ghastly, black bleeding eyed and bleeding fingered woman, who's hair was ratty in a black, greasy knotted mess down the sides of her face. And his breath hitched into his throat as he tried to fruitlessly pry his leg free, but she had such a wicked, nasty grip on it.

"Confounded!" The man continued to struggle, but the damn woman wouldn't let go, and infact, had such a hold on him as she began to crawl, her legs seeming useless, as she moved up Amalin's legs, using them to pull herself clean out of the broken, bleeding picture frame he had dropped upon the floor. And once she was positioned over top of him her sharp, bleeding fingers reached down to him and her dry, powder white lips opened, revealing black, bleeding gums and pointed wicked teeth as she howled and moved in, jaw opening wide as if to bite off his face.

Lion

Urich honestly didn't like the idea of splitting up, but it seemed logical to propose the idea.  If anything bad was going to happen to him, he certainly wanted the same to happen to this pompous disrespectful mummy inspector.  He was far too calm in a situation like this.  Of course, it was quite helpful to have such an outlook considering their situation, but in the same turn it might even the score of all the diry looks that Victoria had given him.

A chill passed through his spine at the sound of her voice and nearly rushed down the hall when the black-eyed bloodied woman appeared and began to crawl over Lord Amalin as he stood there stock still.  Urich stood back for a moment, thinking of what to do when he saw the picture frame she was craling out of.  Immediately he lunged for it, snatching it up and bashing the frail rotted frame against the wall, smashing it tiny bits and pieces, wood splintering everywhere. 

The woman shrieked terrifyingly as suddenly she was sucked back into the shards and splinters, leaving Amalin with only traces of her sharp nails that dug into him.  Urich leaned back against the wall of the hallway, nearest the first door and looked at Amalin.  "Stop dawdling and let's find Victoria," he snapped.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn