Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady and the Beast (M)

Started by visualspice, January 08, 2013, 02:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Lord Amalin scrambled away the moment the damn ghost woman was off of him. He visibly shivered, shaking his head before moving to stand on his feet and smoothing down his coat and hair.
"So, my best bet would be to head for those screams."

And as if on cue, Victoria screamed again. Lord Amalin visibly began to sweat, moving swiftly down the hall. "Come, and let us hope none of these bloody picture frames keeps us from- OH MY GODS, MR.RENQVIST LOOK OUT!" he exclaimed, just as a bloodied hand came out from a side long mirror, one hanging precariously against the wall.

He gritted his teeth and moved around the thing as it snatched onto the collar of Urich's shirt, then Amalin tumbled just beneath and removed his shoe, then began to beat at the rusty nail that hung the mirror into place until it came loose, and down went the mirror as well as the hold the ghoulish hand had on Urich before the mirror smashed into a million pieces upon the floor.
"Well, I guess if we want to be more specific as we venture forth, let's be careful the picture frames and mirrors don't try to grab us." he licked his lips and then moved onward, Victoria's screams seeming to become more apparent, but the hallway never seemed to end.

THe hallway did infact seem to stretch and bend and even moaned around them as it stretched on into eternity, Victoria's wails coming and going, and the farther they went, it became increasingly difficult if the voices were now infront of them or behind. Lord Amalin paused, turning around a few times, but looked puzzled.
"Her screams had been coming from his direction a second ago, but now it seems as if she's all around us. How strange." But then he caught the eye of a picture frame and when he went to move, it followed him. So he paused and began to move in another direction, furrowing his brow at it before moving away, turning to Urich.
"Your fiance might not be on this floor.Perhaps we ought to find the stairs and check up the hall or down the..." but a door at the end of the way began to creak open, and the rattle of chains was evident as thick white smoke came pillowing out from the void.

Licking his lips, Lord Amalin drew in a breath right before Victoria's voice came out sharply from within. This time it was muffled, hard to distinguish, it was as if she was trying to say something but something were stuffed inside her mouth. Blinking, he turned to Urich.
"It sounds like your fiance is trying to swear up a storm but she's got marbles in her mouth or osmething, or at least that's what it sounds like. Come on, let's check inside that creepy room."

But upon taking one step inside, Lord Amalin gave a scream, and fell clean through the ground and disappearing into the oblivion beyond.
As the ghostly fog began to dissipate,  it was revealed the room had no floor, and in no way could the human eye see to the bottom. Heavy chains in many sizes, some as thick as human legs, clattered around the room, hanging limply and some were strewn together, creating a weaving like jungle vines. ANd as more of the ghostly fog would part, off in the middle of the room lay a figure of a woman bond in chains. Her body was nearly squeezed by it, the chains pressing roughly int her skin. A gag was around her mouth, her eyes blind folded and her body seeming far more pale and grey-

But if there was one distinctness about the woman, is that it was clearly Miss Victoria Armani bound in chains. Even Lord Amalin could tell as he was clinging to a set of chains below her. After all, her damn rack was jutting out for all the world to see. It was like the ghost or some such, whatever ghoul had bound her, wanted to pop her breasts clean out of her body. But at least it made for an interesting view, with a chain pressed between her breasts, then another set on either side and hugging all around them, while her arms were hung upwards, hands limp and facing down, legs unmoving and more loosely hung than the rest of her.
Then she had a tight, thick chain about her neck.

But yes, it was definitely Victoria. Who else would be caught in a ghost world in such a bright red dress- and it was odd, but it seemed the red of her dress was the only color about her- the rest seeming so washed and faded.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Urich stood back in horror as Amalin fell through the floor and frankly was glad he was standing back as the room suddenly became alit with chains that seemed still and frigid when at last he saw his fiance dressed in chains that wrapped around her red dress, he panicked, but remained in the door frame, bracing the wood, clawed hands gripping the structure digging into the wood there.  He looked down and saw Amalin was still quite capable of holding on himself.

"Victoria!" he cried out, but when he got no response his heart sank and he fell a little against the wall.  But he wouldn't give up, not yet.  Not unless he knew she was really dead.  He recalled the shoe Amalin had left on the floor and picked it up in his clawed hand.  He gripped the leather, bending the nails therein and drew his arm back, taking keen aim until he threw the shoe long enough and far enough that it would have hit Victoria squarely in her chest, hard enough to wake her up.

"Victoria!  Answer me if you're alive!  I'm coming for you."  And Urich was poised right at the edge to lunge for her if need be.  He didn't care if he slipped and fell himself.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The sound of his voice had her stirring, but it cut gently, pulling her back into the world of the wake. Urich? Did the wolf come for her? Her blood began to stir, reality began to come back when-
THWACK.
Something- was that SHOE!? she smelled, hit her squarely on the chest. She made a noise, a squeak beneath the confines of her gag and shook her head, trying to shake it off, or atleast the blind fold, but it seemed to be of no avail, so she continued to struggle, at least in hopes to let Urich know she was alive and well.

But consequently her chains had awakened the dust from within, and the fog began to grow all around them, growling almost as it started to pillow out around them. Blinking, Lord Amalin observed it with mild interest for a second before craning his neck up.
"Hey, I think we ought to get her out of here as quickly as possible. Whatever brought her here.. I think it might be waking up!" ANd then further realizing...
"Hey- did you hit her with my shoe?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"You're stinky dusty foot woke her up, mummy, not the shoe," Urich bellowed.  And as the fog began to thicken, Urich lunged for her, wrapping his arms around Victoria as the momentum of the action made the chain waver and shake with the newly added weight.  He held onto her tightly, wrapping his limbs around her and when he came to her face to face, he grinned a wolfish grin.  "Hello there darling?  How are you hanging?" he asked.  But it was then that the chain began to falter and before he knew it it was about to break from the ceiling.

Urich inspected it's hold on her and cut the chain with his claws, feeling his nails sting with the steel there, hurting his nails, but as it became loosened, he held onto Victoria, bracing her against him as he held onto the chain that remained using the momentum to swing back to another chain and vault himself at last to the door's edge.  The chain began to fall then.  Even the one that held Amalin began to slip from its slot in the ceiling.  Urich turned back, settling Victoria on the ground and reached out for Amalin.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Victoria let out a yelp through the gag when the chains around her began to waver, the heavy weight and warmth of Urich present and the momentum peeling down her blind fold, so that as his grin stretched across his face, she blinked back in response, glad to the heaven's it was Urich and not Amalin, or something worse. She was barely settled onto the floor when she felt her fiance pull away, reaching for Amalin as she turned to look down the hallway, her gag coming loose as she shook her head- only to find herself staring face to face with one of the most hideous ghosts of all.
And she did all that she could do. SHe dropped her mouth open, and screamed.

Lord Amalin had barely made it to the landing when he too, took notice of the massive, gruesome beast who reached a large hadn out and snatched up the half chained woman and rushed off with her down the hall. Blinking, Lord Amalin didn't even know what to make of it before sputtering.
"God! I think that think was a demon! After her before it eats her whole!"

Down the hall the beast went, something twisted and gnarled, but definitely not a man. With a mouth cut back wickedly against a distorted face, and rows and rows of teeth set within teeth and a slobbering black tongue. It's eyes were red and bleeding lights of fire, and it's neck muscles were thick and meshed in well to it's broad, hunched over chest. It's arms were massive,w ith smaller legs, and it seemed the arms were keeping it lurching forward, though one arm was preoccupied thusly with Victoria over it's shoulder as it raced down the hall, the end turning into a pendulum and swinging against a wall of black
And it was into this wall of black the monster went and completely disappeared.

Lion

Urich made chase after the beast that had snatched Victoria.  He was undeterred, for he'd seen  uglier creatures that this monster.  And as the hallway transformed into a black pendulum, he leapt headfirst, braving the darkness though perhaps it might mean his death and he grabbed onto the brass knob of the pendulum and jumped off of it, using it to vault himself further into the darkness.

"VICTORIA!" he cried out as he slipped into the void, not knowing where it would take him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Massive gears were moving, tick-tick-ticking of  a thousand clocks and clock faces and hours and minutes moving and swaying by. It was ridiculous, at least to Victoria as she was being taken away. SHe struggled against the chains. If only she could get out of these blasted chains! Then she would clobber this damn beast for all it was worth.
And as the beast crawly much like an ape, further and further up into the grinding gears of a clock, she heard Urich's voice against the darkness.
Hope swelled within her chest as she thrust her chest out and bellowed.
"URICH! I'M UP HERE! UP here WITH THE-"

At the sound of her voice the beast grew angry, her voice irritating him as it whirled around and shook her like a doll.
"I say, cut that out!" Victoria snapped after a time, but then the beast vanished suddenly, and it was only then Victoria realized she was left stranded on a single massive gear, that lay,far, far away from the rest and kept moving,l ike a glacier in the ocean. But at least the chains had loosened, and she began to wriggle her way out of most of them.

Peering over where she say her fiance say she sighed.

"Gods! This place is impossible! If only I had my enchantments I could be putting all of these ghoulish things into submission!"
Really, it grated on her nerves she was so useless! Ugh!

Lord Amalin was at Mr. Renqvist's side as he peered up at the massive clock work tower that stretched above them- most of it blending into a background that appeared a pit of black.
Sighing, he caught the tail end of Miss Armani's whining and then realized..
"Say.. why can't she use her powers in here?" Amalin thought out loud, then licked his lips.
"Miss Armani!" he called out. "Is there any way you could try to do an enchantment in this realm?"

Victoria puffed out her cheeks with a breath. What an absurd question.
"Well, you see it might be a bit difficult, Lord Amalin, as I'd have to cut myself to bleed, have an object to enchant,a nd would need to remember all of the words of the enchantment first. And for starters, I have nothing to cut myself with in this land of ghosts. And further more, I'm not even exactly sure if we can bleed here. Ghoul realm theory and all."

Amalin nodded at that, then turned to Urich.
"We have to find something to cut Miss Armani." he stated. "If she can just snuff out the ghosts as we go, we can then find our way out of this mess and get back into the hotel. I should have known the poison had demon piss in it. But each demon piss is queer, you see, so it's hard to trace it." he blathered on, his words carrying to Victoria nd grating on her nerves.

"JUST SHUT UP!"s he wailed, her voice echoing through the moving cogs. "And fetch me a knife or something, broken glass, anything. But oh- blasted! I forgot one thing!"s he called over to them, sighing. "I can't get down! I'm too far away to simply jump!"

Lord Amalin sighed. "That does pose a problem." he said, scratching his head. "Are you sure?" he called back to her.

"I'm SURE!" came Victoria's angry reply. REALLY! How foolish of him to think she'd simply jump to her death! Ghoul realm or not, she was not about to commit potential suicide!

Lion

"I'll cut her," Urich said, looking over to Amalin.  He couldn't be sure about his decision but it was infinitely better than listening to the two of them bicker over the vast distance inside the churning gears of this grandfather clock.  He looked on his person, for something for her to enchant and though he hated to lose anything of his that meant anything to him since he'd lost Sul'Gulthan he knew it was their only chance. 

He backed away, waiting for the closest gear to to turn before them.  As it did so, he took a step forward and lunged toward the brass, feeling his claws dig into the metal and he vaulted himself up before the two gears smashed together, throwing himself across the vast distance and swinging on a chime that intervalled between up and down.  He carefully threw himself again to another gear, which carefully spun and ricocheting back and forth, turning once back then twice forward.  He counted the clicks before lunging forth, careful to ensure that each jump was carefully executed before going on to the next.

Slowly but surely he was making his way to the top of the tower and soon was only a leap away from Victoria.  He lunged for her, grabbing on to the gear and looked at her intently.  "Here," he said, pulling the necklace he had on his neck and slipping it over her head.  He then took a claw and cut the part of her neck just a scratch that would bleed over ther necklace.  "Hurry!  Chant the words!" he pressed.  Just then a howlish growl filled the air and the black beast lunged from the darkness, snatching Urich from the gear and taking him down into the darkness below.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria couldn't help herself as a smile of pure pride swelled across her face. But just as her fiance came to her rescue a second time, it seemed this place was fated to play cruel tricks on them, and just as quickly as Urich was beside her, he was torn away.
"URICH! NO!" she cried, reaching out for him, but her hold on him did not catch as she watched him slip through her fingers. She stood there a moment, completely at a loss of what to do, but internally slapped herself back into reality as she dropped to her knees and clutched onto his necklace so tight her knuckles whitened. And she began to chant, feeling the familiar buzz within her blood stream, the rise of her power as the entire world began to waver.
She felt the enchantment settle in, her body growing weak as she wilted over for a moment, catching, just in time the protesting wails of the ghosts from within.

It seemed all of them were beginning to wake up.

Lord Amalin hesitated from where he stood down below, craning his neck up into the vast clock work world and frowned.
"Miss Armani, I think your powers are calling out the ghosts. The world feels agitated. Are you able to climb down from there? And did you see where that thing dragged Mr. Renqvist to?"

It took Victoria a moment to realize Lord Amalin was still there as she peered down at his form below.
"If I could just jump without my bones breaking this would be easier. But yes and no, the beast came back and simply hauled him off into the darkness and-"
a flutter of white stepped towards her and she gasped.
And like the swing of the pendulum, after a beat, the white figure moved closer again, long ratty hair hanging down the side of her face as the ghostly woman crept closer and closer, seeming to have come from the exact direction Urich had been.

And the ghost looked pissed. As soon as the next beat came around she was nearly upon Victoria- but if the ghost thought she was pissed, she had another thing coming- and just as the ghost came rushing towards her, Victoria pressed the enchanted necklace clean against the ghosts's forehead. THe ghost burned, it's body turning solid for just a brief moment as Victoria reeled her hand back and slammed it straight across the ghost's face.
"That's for my fiance, you horrible creature!" she spat, watching as the ghost went down, it's body flickering and burning and curling in on itself before it turned into nothing more than white vapor. After the ghost was taken care of, Victoria stood at the end of the moving cog and screamed out into the blackness.
"URRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIICH!" and realized, with much elation, a nearby cog was coming her way. She hestiated where she stood, licking her lips and then made the jump. She barely caught onto it, knees clanging into the metal floor as she pulled herself desperately to her feet.
"URICH!"s he called again, hands gripping fervently on her skirts. "I'M COMING!"

But then again, so was the beast, for as Victoria chanced another leap to a second moving cog, she could see the beast looming in the darkness. It was so large and terrifying it froze her in place. But she clutched onto the necklace, eyes narrowing in rage as she shouted at the beast.
"GIVE ME BACK MY FIANCE!" she roared, voice echoing in the dark.

Lion

The beast was fiercer than Urich could imagine and his full transformation kicked in by that time, his clothes tearing away as the beast sunk its horrible teeth into his shoulder, nearly taking off a massive chunk of flesh.  Urich cried out in horror and in pain and sunk his claws deep into the creatures hide.  He slashed and clawed and roared himself, snapping his powerful jaws into it's neck and opening up the flesh there.

But this creature was strong, powerful and sent him rolling to the floor when he through him.  Urich felt his strength wilt.  But at the echo of Victoria's voice, he looked up for a moment and saw a small shape from what visible light there was and felt his strength renew because of it.  As he stood, the beast paused, bleeding its black blood onto the clock floor.  Urich only growled before lunging at it a second time, jaws unfurled and claws aiming for the center of its chest, fully prepared to tear it open.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria found herself frozen a moment and watched as her fiance tore into the beast. She felt pride swelling within her chest, but then realized this was no spectacle and that she needed to actually move forward and do SOMETHING. So she tore off into the darkness, the creature and her fiance coming into view as she held on fiercely to the necklace and waited for an opening, then latched onto the creature's powerful hand as it moved out to strike.
The necklace sealed against it, but merely caused a small burn to strike at it's flesh and the blackened creature let out a noise and turned around in one heavy motion and knocked Victoria onto the floor, pinning it against it's weight as it's teeth came down upon her, aiming to bite her head clean off.

Lion

Urich growled fiercely when the beast pinned Victoria to the ground.  Just as it was about to bite her face, he tackled him away and turned on Victoria with an angry snarl. He dug his claws into her arm, cutting her open though that was not his intention, and the black blood from his claws, dripping with this beastly substance, splayed all over her.  Urich didn't have the time nor the patience to pay further attention to Victoria as he lunged at the beast again, determined to keep between it and Victoria as he clawed at it and felt its claws sink into him, howling piercing the air.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was only when she noticed her own cuts on her hands bleeding and mixing with the demon's blood that something clicked. There was a part in literature, a heavy book to read (of course), about  a negotiator's blood being able to repress a demon (not kill it) but to send it straight back to Hell at a simple touch of blood.  Well, a simple touch of a lot of blood. An almost sacrifice if she remembered correctly. SHe looked down, seeing how the black demon blood on her seemed to creep away as her own blood spread near to it. And she sat up suddenly and roared out to Urich.
"URICH I NEED YOU TO CUT ME UP!"s he called out across the fury of their battle.
The beast was lunging this way and that, it's massive jaws seeking to tear Urich to pieces. She knew she didn't have much time and snatched onto her skirts and rushed forward, just as the demons massive paws came down to slash Urich in half she threw herself in the way, only to be batthered aside and gashed open, a huge wound opening within her chest as she fell tot he floor ina  bleeding heap.
And when the blood had stained his claws, the beast roared out and as Victoria lay there, she hugged the enchanted necklace, chanting more, pressing more of her blood into it and calling, askign for more of her powers to press into it, all the while she was loosing a terrible amount of blood.

But it was all part of the plan, and as she moved to rise, the beast was already rushing towards, rage bleeding from it's eyes, froth streaking from it's teeth.
It was hungry, and it was ready to tear Victoria apart.
In an instant it was upon her, and Victoria didn't even let out a cry, just let it slam into her, smashing her into the floor as it's body tore into her with such fury-
all the while she was clutching onto it, muttering incantation after incantation to awaken the deeper spirits within her blood-
and it wasn't until her eyes glazed over red, that her blood ignited with color, appearing as hot as molten lava.

The demon was too much in a rage to stop it's assault, giving Victoria the perfect opportunity to scoop her hands across the gashes on her battered body and the shove her blood soaked hands on the demon's chest-
and steam hissed out from the blackened flesh as the demon tore it's head away from her shoulder and roared out in pain.

It looks like Urich wouldn't have to be the one to tear her open after all.

Lion

Urich couldn't have been caught off at a worse time as Victoria cried out for him to tear into her, to slash her for all she was worth and all he could do was give sudden pause as the massive demon somehow slashed her open, sending her reeling to the floor across from them.  The demon took the opportunity of Urich's shock and sent him reeling with his other hand, knocking him back and leaving him wounded on the floor.

Urich could only watch with waning, weakening breath as the demon suddenly set upon Victoria despite the sudden wound on his hand, realizing what her blood was doing to him.  But he was helpless and could only keep watching when it cut into her.  He hadn't the strength even to cry out.  He tried to get up when at last the demon was roaring in pain from the molten blood around her.

The demon howled and couldn't stand the pain any longer when every orifice from stem to stern suddenly exploded in a rupture of blinding light sending him back into the Pit.  Urich ducked back, shielding his eyes from the light and keeping away from Victoria who's very blood seemed to ward him away.

But he called her name desperately from where he was.  He could only hope she could hear him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Victoria flinched at the blinding light, keeping a blooded hand across her face, her nose wrinkled as she blinked after the thing had vanished then lowered her hand. She was breathing heavy, her entire body shaking as she collapsed to her sides.
"Gods.."
But upon hearing a weak voice, she turned with a gasp. "Urich!" But Lord Amalin had arrived and moved between them.
"No! Stay right where you are, Victoria. Don't move! Don't come near us! Your blood is like poison now to our kind!"
Blinking, Victoria lowered her hand down and looked at it, her other hand holding her open wound.

"But I-"

"The enchantment you did, you called upon your deeper powers now and with your blood now flowing all over the place, I'm afraid we can't assist you. The pair of us will be warded away, perhaps even killed from the touch."

Victoria's eyes widened.
"What!?" Her voice echoed sharply around them as she tried to rise. "But U-urich- he might have got some of my blood on him. URICH!" she called over to him. "Are you alright?"
But Amalin stepped forward, imploring her.
"Please, keep away. We need to keep our distance from one another while we figure out how to get out of this thing before the demon comes back or that ghosts aims to keep us here. And we're running out of time. The longer we stay here," he said, drawing in a long breath. "The harder it will be for us to ever leave."

Then he turned to move to assist Mr. Renqvist as he knelt beside him, while Victoria wrung her hands at a distance.

Lion

Urich held his sore sides, his body bruised and beaten but otherwise in stable condition when Amalin came to tend to him.  He nodded to the inspector and held his shoulder for a while as he gained his balance.  "Victoria!  I'm fine," he shouted across to her.  "Amalin.  We can't leave her there."  The fur from his face began to dssipate, vanishing from his flesh as his claws shrank back slightly.

"Amalin, we have to get out of here as soon as we can.  Wait...I have an idea!  Look above us.  Can you see the chimes above?  I think I can reach them if I jump.  Remember the music box, how it got us in this realm, perhaps it might get us out!"  Urich braced himself against the ground before letting his powerful legs vault him up and he reached the ledge of a gear, hauling himself up before he was crushed as it turned into another slot and he leapt and bounded up to the chimes of a grandfather clock.

He tested each chime, striking them with his fists, each one clanging loudly and reverberating through the entire structure.  As he tested each one, making sure the sounds went up from highest first then lowest on the bottom, he then looked over the edge and could vaguely see Amalin on the bottom.  "AMALIN!  DO YOU REMEMBER THE TUNE FROM THE MUSIC BOX!?  TELL ME WHICH ONES TO STRIKE!  IF I CAN PLAY THE TUNE WITH THE CHIMES MAYBE THAT MIGHT BRING US BACK!"  He could only remember the first three notes and struck them accordingly, hoping Amalin could remember the rest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"The music box?" Amalin blinked and nodded. "Of course I remember. The notes were from a song, one most Serenians are aware of as it's a classic, a famous song from this past century that parents used to sing to their kids at night, though I'm uncertain why. The lyrics are simply ghastly. About cruelty and the deception of magic and all of that." He shook his head, clearing his throat as he began to sing it.

"Daytime song turns to night, Passing, flashing moonlit plight. Caving the clouds and sounds of rain, crumbling down in massive pain.  Skin that crawls and wind that sweeps, magic and blood, beyond skin deep."

Victoria's eyes wavered at the music, listening and shivering at Amalin's baritone as she stared over at her fiance who was clinging and working at the chimes. The song was familiar. She recalled singing it as a child as well, only because it was so absurd, and the older she got,t he more absurd she realized it was.

"Daytime songs turn into night, Passing, flashing moonlit plight.  It comes in waves and comes and goes, like sheep and wolves, they exchange clothes. Then into shadows it disappears, laughing and dieing as the wolf was sheared."

Yes, she remembered it, taking up the third verse and singing once Amalin had been done with the second verse.
"Daytime song turns into night, Passing, flashing, moonlit plight.  For all the days that have come and gone, the witches and mules will sing this song. And into darkness days gone past, into the light he'll take a lass."

"Daytime song turns to night, Passing, flashing moonlit plight. Caving the clouds and sounds of rain, crumbling down in massive pain.  Skin that crawls and wind that sweeps, magic and blood, beyond skin deep." The last part both Amalin and Victoria had sung together, louder still in hopes to help aid Urich to strike the right chimes and end this miserable clutch the ghost world had upon them and even as she sung, Victoria clutched a first to her chest, anxiously holding her breath as she prayed silently within her head.

Lion

"Goddammit you miserable wretched mummy, I need the melody not the words!" Urich seethed, gritting his teeth after he hit the first three chimes, but as they kept singing [because some how Amaling MANAGES to sing two voices before Victoria chimes in?  Who's the other singer?] Urich listened for the proper flow of notes and jumped the the next chime, striking it in succession with the melody, playing in tune.

The first verse was done  and with the melody in mind, he found it easier to follow.  Urich jumped from one chime to the next one and the next, striking it as he went, until the flow was seamless and when at last the last verse was sung the entire grandfather clock began to quake and the gears slowed to a grind.  They began to slip from their bearings and fell down from the highest point first.  The walls began to melt like paint doused with thinner, dripping until the ground itself opened up into a portal.

He watched the portal begin to swallow Amalin and Victoria whole, but he was still up on the chimes above.  But as gears came crashing through, time pieces, they slammed into the chimes, knocking him from them and sending him plunging down into the portal below.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Way for my typos to kill an idea :T
I meant to type 'third verse' not voice, and Victoria only sang the third VERSE but oh well >.>
and he'd get the melody from the song, lol. Considering if Amalin wasn't singing it THAT much off key. XD oh well

------------------------

It was terrifying. The entire room was screaming, morphing, changing, raging into what seemed almost like a gaping mouth. Then in flooded the white lights of exchange, and before she knew it she was swallowed whole.
And she felt hot. She felt cold.
And an instant later, she was on the ground, red skirts all about her, and her wounds seeming to have closed. She was shaking terribly, uncertain as to what happened as she lifted her head. Spotting Urich, her eyes welled up with tears as she crawled over to him, throwing her arms around him tight.
"By the Gods, you're a clever man!" and then neither could talk or breathed for the next moment as she was kissing him with all of her soul, lips wrestling his as she cupped his face, her other hand gripping onto the lapels of his suit jacket with such ferocity her knuckles whitened.

It was then Lord Amalin cleared his throat, reminding the pair they were hardly alone, as the trio of them had reappeared in the hallway, and the remaining guests of the hotel were peering back at them from down the way.  Victoria, startled by this blinked sheepishly and raised off the grounds. "Goodness."

Amalin rolled his eyes. "Yes, goodness is right. But it seems we've conquered the ghastly ghost for now. The dead can be wicked as such. I never thought such a petty idea would breed a demon, but alas, women's hearts can be wicked."

Women's hearts indeed, for despite the awkwardness of being at the center of attention, Victoria's eyes were only for Urich in that moment, still pressing against his side.  SEeing the pair together, Lord Amalin blushed embarassedly and placed on his hat and smoothing down his jacket took a step forward.
"I suppose I shall go ahead and explain this to the hotel staff?"

But it seemed, at least Miss Armani, was hardly paying attention, she was already working at her fiance's lips yet again, a hand smoothing over his chest and seemign to threaten to undone the buttons there.  Yes, Amalin's blush grew even deeper at that as he drew in a breath and turned around to look at the hotel patrons and staff.
Young lovers. Hmph.

Lion

It took a good long moment for Urich to register all that had happened.  It felt like he'd been lying on the ground for an eternity when in fact it had only been a few seconds when the ghost realm at last spat them back out into reality.  His entire body ached, the results of the demon's attack on him when at last he recognized his surroundings.  And before he knew it she came over him and took his mouth in her own, bruising his lips, tearing at the torn lapels of his coat as his transformation nearly tore everything he wore.

He came out looking as if he'd been through hell, felt like it too.  And for a good long time he believed it.  Urich pulled away from her long enough to breath, listening to Amalin as he went on about the ghost and the demon.  Yes for now they thwarted it.  And now it meant that they could move on at long last, away from this place and move away. 

"Gods am I sick of the Valley," Urich replied, tearing away his lips from Victoria's hunger.  "Goodness woman!  Please, did we or did we not just survive the spirit world!?  People are watching!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn